AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-06-20, 15:03   Link #681
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
This reminds me when Lina's arc happened even Erika said she is taking advantage of Tatsuya's kindness. Sth like even if they don't ask he would still help. Still, I don't see much difference in these two cases. He cared about the vampire case because Leo got caught in it or was it related to military?

And that quite a surprise to have Erika runs the big-scale mission like this without help from protagonist's group. So proud of her at least with this kind of side mission the weed friends get to shine on their own.
Well that's exactly why he was more proactive about that incident, when Miyuki pointed that out to him among other things, he turned away out of slight embarrassment. Plus he just only met Shina and when it comes to Tatsuya saving/protecting someone its goes something like this: Miyuki>friends/close relatives>colleagues>acquaintances>nonaquaintances , so Shina is kind of low on the priority spectrum, but its not like he didn't completely disregard the incident either, with giving subtle hints to help them out and he probably had enough confidence for them to resolve the issue themselves.

Erika seems to have pretty good leadership skills, we saw a glimpse of this in the parasyte arc, where she was basically the ground commander for the Chiba/Yoshida search parties and this arc gave us another taste of it. Though she certainly has some room to grow based on the mistakes the team made when executing the rescue mission.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-20, 16:02   Link #682
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
Erika seems to have pretty good leadership skills, we saw a glimpse of this in the parasyte arc, where she was basically the ground commander for the Chiba/Yoshida search parties and this arc gave us another taste of it. Though she certainly has some room to grow based on the mistakes the team made when executing the rescue mission.
The issues were the newbies which she really couldn't do much against: Saburou was ready to rush there without anyone and the Saegusa twins seems to have invited themselves (they brought their own people too).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-20, 21:27   Link #683
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The issues were the newbies which she really couldn't do much against: Saburou was ready to rush there without anyone and the Saegusa twins seems to have invited themselves (they brought their own people too).
Good point, that would definitely mess with her preparations and tactics. So yeah the blame for the mess would fall onto them, not Erika.
Old 2017-06-21, 04:00   Link #684
Jirachier

I remember from vol 19 spoilers supposedly someone who was an ally of Tatsuya will be against him in the next volume(s?), we didn't see anyone like that so far right ?
Old 2017-06-21, 06:27   Link #685
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I remember from vol 19 spoilers supposedly someone who was an ally of Tatsuya will be against him in the next volume(s?), we didn't see anyone like that so far right ?
Mistranslated I think. The opposite happened: someone who had been against Tatsuya was an ally in vol 20 (the two GAA soldiers from the Yokohama arc).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 07:59   Link #686
zerosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Quote:
Mistranslated I think. The opposite happened: someone who had been against Tatsuya was an ally in vol 20 (the two GAA soldiers from the Yokohama arc).
Mistranslate might be the case here but at the same time it a bit different. Prologue of Disturbance suppose to set for volume 20 only yet but in Mahouka SS it says someting happen, PoD will be delayed to Volume 21 and vol 20 will set for Southern Sea Riot arc. I forgot it mention someting about change the story or not but dont forget Sato known as SATROLLL expect the unexpected
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 13:38   Link #687
Fairy Water

This is more serious interesting than I thought.
Erika literally spoke what the fandom thought about Tatsuya and I kinda feel her intention of rivalry. Totally on your team, try punch him in the face for once even if it costs an arm and a leg.

Spoiler for Erika's opinion about Tat:

Feel like Satroll is creating another sub-Tatsuya persona in Erika as she develops. Then I hope she is getting stronger in magical field too, that's her only weakness.
I miss the time when the circle of weed friends just gather together and tease each other. Now Tat is too busy duelling with national or world-scale issues and his harem's activities.

Last edited by Fairy Water; 2017-06-21 at 14:29.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 18:40   Link #688
-Mahesvara_

I also noticed Kasumi was quite unpleasant this volume yet again, with how she rudely barged into the meeting between Tatsuya, Mayumi, Katsuto, and Mari and just irrationally yelled at Tatsuya for not directly helping out with the situation with Shina. I'm starting to think that her dislike for him is more than just jealousy of his closeness with Mayumi.
Old 2017-06-21, 20:22   Link #689
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

She's a tsundere for Tatsuya.

Mayumi might like Tatsuya because of their chemistry together but for Kasumi and Izumi it's probably like/love at first sight but they are still in a child mind frame.
Give them a bit more time. lol

Kasumi - Tatsuya, Izumi - Miyuki.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 20:54   Link #690
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
She's a tsundere for Tatsuya.

Mayumi might like Tatsuya because of their chemistry together but for Kasumi and Izumi it's probably like/love at first sight but they are still in a child mind frame.
Give them a bit more time. lol

Kasumi - Tatsuya, Izumi - Miyuki.
I don't see any dere here.
Old 2017-06-21, 22:20   Link #691
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't see any dere here.
lol It was sort of a joke. But what I mean is there could be the potential there.
Kasumi has a lot of the tsun tsun going on with Tatsuya for some unknown reason besides the *getting chummy* with her Elder Sister.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 23:11   Link #692
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
lol It was sort of a joke. But what I mean is there could be the potential there.
Kasumi has a lot of the tsun tsun going on with Tatsuya for some unknown reason besides the *getting chummy* with her Elder Sister.
Ugh, no thanks. Tatsuya already has a great tsundere named Lina, he doesn't need a shitty one named Kasumi.
Old 2017-06-21, 23:39   Link #693
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
I also noticed Kasumi was quite unpleasant this volume yet again, with how she rudely barged into the meeting between Tatsuya, Mayumi, Katsuto, and Mari and just irrationally yelled at Tatsuya for not directly helping out with the situation with Shina. I'm starting to think that her dislike for him is more than just jealousy of his closeness with Mayumi.
Yep. I see something along the line of prejudice and irrationality. Immature and inconsiderate naive brat. This is no Tsundere material! No no. Let's just put her in the same category as that kid from Tatsuya magic engineering class who is childish and antagonizing Tatsuya without concrete reasons (and because he did not follow their ideals/since when do Tatsuya exits for you people huh/deal with your own disappointment yourself, kids, don't trouble the great tatsuyasama)
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 11:32   Link #694
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Anyway, my facepalm comment wasn't about Subarou especially. It was about Shiina being so naive about everything, Subarou not paying attention to his opponent during the rescue and the Saegusa Twins dumb use of their AOE spells. It's like "Noobs, noobs everywhere!".

IIRC, Erika even held her head while complaining "Gosh! I'm not military enemy, so you just go away!" to Tsukasa after she was convinced it's only "training".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
This reminds me when Lina's arc happened even Erika said she is taking advantage of Tatsuya's kindness. Sth like even if they don't ask he would still help. Still, I don't see much difference in these two cases. He cared about the vampire case because Leo got caught in it or was it related to military?
I remember the opposite, Mizuki said to Erika "Tatsuya is dense person, so if you don't say something clearly to him, he won't even look to you."
Erika thought Tatsuya would help her even she didn't ask it clearly. (Though in the end Tatsuya bought onigiri for Erika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumme View Post
Yep. I see something along the line of prejudice and irrationality. Immature and inconsiderate naive brat. This is no Tsundere material! No no. Let's just put her in the same category as that kid from Tatsuya magic engineering class who is childish and antagonizing Tatsuya without concrete reasons (and because he did not follow their ideals/since when do Tatsuya exits for you people huh/deal with your own disappointment yourself, kids, don't trouble the great tatsuyasama)
For Kasumi case, it's her characterization that emotionally-acted vs Izumi who rationally-acted.

Also, no matter what Kasumi did, the futility of the result was the same as Mayumi's attempts to tease Tatsuya
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 22:38   Link #695
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
Also, no matter what Kasumi did, the futility of the result was the same as Mayumi's attempts to tease Tatsuya
Hey now, she gets one over him every once in awhile lml
Old 2017-06-29, 12:42   Link #696
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
It's literally one day of sales. It'll break 120k, but not much more than that.
It is almost 140 K after 20 days. So, well, it did break 120 K about like 20 K. I think that it is a pretty nice sales number for this Volume.

Last edited by sparhawk1610; 2017-06-29 at 12:54.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 17:02   Link #697
fujin of shadows

Spoiler for Cover for Vol. 23:
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 17:28   Link #698
Blakegriffin89

Its a good picture of Tatsuya x Miyuki, but Miyuki's hands look weird. Hopefully, they'll fix it before Vol.23 goes into production. It really looks like this is going to be the volume that Tatsuya, either gets exposed or he announces, that he's Taurus Silver. I don't think he's finished with his "ESCAPES" project. Other wise, it would at least be hinted at in the synopsis that he is going to announce or unveil it. What does everyone else think about what's going to happen??
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 17:42   Link #699
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Spoiler for Cover for Vol. 23:
Certainly looks a lot better than most of the recent covers. Quality dropped pretty hard after volume 16.
Old 2017-07-06, 18:20   Link #700
fujin of shadows

Spoiler for Spoiler of Vol 23.:
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote