AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-10, 11:15   Link #3561
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Vol 21's cover looks familiar....

Oh right:
Spoiler for vol 19 image:

Dammit, I want more Saiai.

Last edited by cubicjack; 2010-07-10 at 11:32.
Old 2010-07-10, 11:38   Link #3562
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
his giant claw seems kinda unimpressive overall
I don’t need destructive power.
When I can destroy everything with a touch, I don’t have to try and harm my opponent.
I don’t need speed... When I can destroy everything with one blow, I don’t need to aim.
I don't think something that can destroy everything it touches and reach everything without the need for any speed can be considered "unimpressive".

And for comparison, here's one of the latest power level charts:
Old 2010-07-10, 12:09   Link #3563
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Surerman, I'm discharged now (Hospital doesn't have Wi-fi, dang...). Getting posted to combat duty, though I'll most likely end up getting posted out to non-combat in a month due to admin matters and health issues. Which hopefully means 8 to 5 duty, which means more time to work on this project...
I see... hope you succeed in the duty. Be sure to wake at 4am and inhale as much air as you can and hold it as long as you can, it's help improve your Health, Blood circulate at Brain, and Immunity (it's the secret behind Moslems Pray time around that time*)

*this religion have so much amazing fact that only recently discovered, while they already utilized it more than 14 century ago

Quote:
Well if said Vending Machine is some Money Absorbent like Academy City's, it's not so surprising. Touma sure about that
Old 2010-07-10, 12:45   Link #3564
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
When I can destroy everything with a touch, I don’t have to try and harm my opponent.
I don’t need speed... When I can destroy everything with one blow, I don’t need to aim.
I don't think something that can destroy everything it touches and reach everything without the need for any speed can be considered "unimpressive".

When you compare it to Ars Magna or Kakine's reality warping or Acclerator's awakened form or other high level characters, it really doesn't seem as strong
Old 2010-07-10, 13:03   Link #3565
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post

how the hell is Touma A....he should be on the F side with Tsuchimikado

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-07-10, 13:20   Link #3566
tsunade666

or lower. His ability doesn't even hurt his enemies only his iron fist. The power level chart looks dubious and right on some level. Oh well.

Fianmma's holy right might not be impressive as much as other because it doesn't look that impressive at all. Just look at Touma's IB. It's the most normal power out their but one of the most hax among all.
Old 2010-07-10, 13:22   Link #3567
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Might be due to his innate precognition on AIM-based attacks. He was quite low in the previous charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
When you compare it to Ars Magna or Kakine's reality warping or Acclerator's awakened form or other high level characters, it really doesn't seem as strong
Not really. Ars Magna has limited range, and relies heavily on the user's mental strength. Dark Matter has range limits too, same with the black mist.

Holy Right is different. It can appear anywhere instantly (note: this is different from teleportation) and destroy everything effortlessly. Think of it like IB with unlimited range. Even Touma calls him a cheater. Also note that the Curtana Original would break under Fianma's magical strength (Curtana Original > Acqua + Kaori + Knight’s Captain + Amakusa). Take a look at the powerlevels chart and reflect on that.
Old 2010-07-10, 13:41   Link #3568
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I'm still wondering about Touma being higher than Tsuchimikado though. As Ice Block said, it might have something to do with the AIM precognition, but Touma's powers have not really developed to an extent that we can see the results. I'll still take this ranking with a pinch of salt though, because of 2 things:

1)BW Accelerator (SS) is comparable to Superman in power, while Index noted that in this mode is comparable to Saints, when Kanzaki is only at S rank.
2)Our dear Archbishop...the Grandmaster(S+) noted that Laura(S) can still stand up to him (We have already seen the difference in power when a normal accelerator (S+) was still dominating Kakine(S)).

Right now, those tier Fs are all those without powers...

Btw, Chp 1 done
Old 2010-07-10, 16:42   Link #3569
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Hamazura looks really stupid.
I'm quite certain that vol.21 isn't the book that Touma will settle the scores with Fiamma. After all, our ordinary powerless hero is in the cover.
I seriously hates Hamazura more than anyone in TAMNI. I will never consider him to be a hero either. Accelerator is another story.
Spoiler for Fight Mugino:

@pampz21 I think that both Tsuchimikado and Touma are very strong. How the hell could Tsuchimikado survive attacks from other magicians several times? Those magicians can be considered as level 4 or level 5 imo. As for Touma, I don't think that anyone besides the saints or angels could ever beat Accelerator in his black-winged mode. But Touma can. His combat ability surpass normal human.

On the other side, Hamazura really is powerless. It's a fluke he beat Mugino.

I think that all notable magicians are really strong though. Well, those that we know their face and name are.
And the chart will never be accurated. IB can pretty much beat any esper users. So he should rank atop them.
And I don't think that Index in her **** pen mode is THAT strong either.

BTW, Touma should have been dead by now if his opponents used guns instead of some mediaval weapons and the power that he could easily cancel.

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2010-07-10 at 16:58. Reason: disagreement about the ranking chart
Old 2010-07-10, 18:24   Link #3570
tsunade666

nah. I think the Index in John Pen Mode is about that strong or even stronger. In her John Pen Mode she can access all of the 103 000 diabolic books and as styl say she can become a demon lord level if one can utilize such power. And can you imagine surviving an attack from dragon's breath that can snipe a huge orbital satellite in the outer space. It's in the freaking atmosphere but it's still been shot down. And dragon's breath is the only one aside from Fianmma's freaking huge fire sword are the only one who manage to hurt the IB. Even Black Wings can't put a freaking huge wound or severe it. The huge Sword doesn't even manage to wound it. It's just that the weight of the sword can be feel when Touma's erasing it that's why his bone has been broken. But in frontal assault the dragon's breath is the only one who manage to wound IB. And it's a legendary spell. Imagine Index spamming legendary spell one after another.

And I don't like Shiage too but I admire his guts to protect the one he loves. Though I like Rikuo.
Old 2010-07-10, 22:16   Link #3571
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Gouging her eye and shooting her several times isn't a fluke. The only 'fluke' would be Mugino falling for diversionary tactics, from what I understand. Not to mention she's a cocky and sadistic level 5.

Also, does everyone really have to hate Shiage for unleashing some karma on Mugino? And why is it so taboo for a character to even have the slightest 'imperfection' in appearance? It adds more realism to his character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook
I think that both Tsuchimikado and Touma are very strong. How the hell could Tsuchimikado survive attacks from other magicians several times?
The same way Shiage survived a level 5, multiple times: Wits. Regeneration probably has a small part in there too, though.

On a side note, I don't really hate any character in Index/Railgun. Anime Saten and Lesbian Kuroko have reached dislike, though.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2010-07-12 at 16:40.
Old 2010-07-10, 22:31   Link #3572
Miraluka
Banned

The new cover reminds me this one:

Quote:
Two times, fluke? Mugino was very scary(and badsh*t crazy) that time, even after being shot by Shiage she still stood up like a zombie shouting out "Hamazuraaaaaaaa". Also if my memory doesn't fails me he did lose the left ear by a beam which almost took his head.

Quote:
And I don't think that Index in her **** pen mode is THAT strong either.
Did you forgot Kanzaki chose to evade the attack and not take it instead? Also Laura has in mind to use Index against Fiamma.

Quote:
BTW, Touma should have been dead by now if his opponents used guns instead of some mediaval weapons and the power that he could easily cancel.
Actually, that already did hapen and Touma run away to keep himself safe from the Hound Dogs and the medieval weapons works on Touma, just ask Acqua or Kanzaki.

Quote:
I think that both Tsuchimikado and Touma are very strong. How the hell could Tsuchimikado survive attacks from other magicians several times?
Maybe.... Because he is a magician? The guy can't cast spells like a normal magician anymore but he still has a vast knowledge about them and also his auto-regeneration helps a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
On a side note, I don't really hate any character in Index/Railgun. Anime Uiharu and Lesbian Kuroko have reached dislike, though.
Fixed.
I agree, I really dislike her retarded-like character and about Kuroko I just think he anime version of her is a doppelganger or just Quetzal/Etzali trying to get close to Mikoto disguised as Kuroko....

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-07-10 at 23:14.
Old 2010-07-10, 23:09   Link #3573
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Is Kuroko really gay or does she just play around and is really affectionate? I can't tell sometimes.
Old 2010-07-11, 03:20   Link #3574
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
)BW Accelerator (SS) is comparable to Superman in power, while Index noted that in this mode is comparable to Saints, when Kanzaki is only at S rank.[/URL]

Note, Index isn't commenting on Accelerator's power level. Rather, is commenting on the type of energy he is exhibiting. In actuality, the raw energy that Accelerator possesses can surpass a saint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But in frontal assault the dragon's breath is the only one who manage to wound IB. And it's a legendary spell. Imagine Index spamming legendary spell one after another.
No, Curtana Original also did. The power released completely exceeds IB's processing capacity and we see Touma blown high into the air. Touma would be dead after that if Aqua didn't help him.

Now, remember, Holy Right is even STRONGER than Curtana Original. People should stop saying it is an unimpressive power. Fianma can crush Touma if he feels like it.
Old 2010-07-11, 03:20   Link #3575
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Also if my memory doesn't fails me he did lose the left ear by a beam which almost took his head.
Ah, that's something I haven't heard of that's of interest. I don't think it took off either of his ears though, as the new cover shows the majority of his left ear. And his fanart, though quite limited, doesn't really depict any sort of aftermath of Mugino left on him. Maybe singed, or just nearly took his ear off. Though most the times at least one of his ears is either out of view or covered by his hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku
Is Kuroko really gay or does she just play around and is really affectionate? I can't tell sometimes.
She seems genuinely gay for Mikoto only, not showing any interest in anyone else. Though this could also be her in a confused adolescence stage.
Old 2010-07-11, 03:56   Link #3576
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Note, Index isn't commenting on Accelerator's power level. Rather, is commenting on the type of energy he is exhibiting. In actuality, the raw energy that Accelerator possesses can surpass a saint.
Same type of energy? You mean Telesma? Now that's interesting...

Just to confirm, is it 'same type' or 'similar type' ?
Old 2010-07-11, 07:59   Link #3577
Avegaille

I'm quite amused at how Kuroko's phone in Volume 8 is the same one she's using in the Railgun anime, and yet in the Index anime, it's just an ordinary, foldable mobile phone... xD (inconsistency much, I hope they fix this in S2).
Old 2010-07-11, 14:01   Link #3578
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

No, Curtana Original also did. The power released completely exceeds IB's processing capacity and we see Touma blown high into the air. Touma would be dead after that if Aqua didn't help him.

Now, remember, Holy Right is even STRONGER than Curtana Original. People should stop saying it is an unimpressive power. Fianma can crush Touma if he feels like it.
Curtana's Dimensional Cleavage Formula is a different case, as it does not fall under the 'surpassing cancelling speed' category, but 'After this window of opportunity it can't be negated' category. Kanzaki stated Imagine Breaker can negate a dimensional cutter attack if it comes into contact within 1.25 seconds.
Old 2010-07-11, 19:59   Link #3579
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Same type of energy? You mean Telesma? Now that's interesting...

Just to confirm, is it 'same type' or 'similar type' ?
Similar type, of course.
It looks similar on surface, but Index can tell it is different in essence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Curtana's Dimensional Cleavage Formula is a different case, as it does not fall under the 'surpassing cancelling speed' category, but 'After this window of opportunity it can't be negated' category. Kanzaki stated Imagine Breaker can negate a dimensional cutter attack if it comes into contact within 1.25 seconds.
That is not the one I am talking about.
That is how Touma can prevent a cleavage from forming. For the cleavage of the dimension to appear physically, it requires Touma to make quick contact before it forms, because the cleavage is physical, so he only can stop it before it takes shape. And it takes 1.25 seconds for the formula to create a cleavage on the dimension.

But what I am talking about the case where Carissa just fire the energy directly at Touma. Instead of releasing the energy on the dimensional surface to create cleavage, she transfer all energy into 3-dimensional space and created a huge blast of energy. That is beyond Touma's power to block.

Last edited by shmaster; 2010-07-12 at 00:21.
Old 2010-07-11, 22:53   Link #3580
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Every magician has some resistance against magic attack, just read Vol 9,10.

I am more suprised that Sytil Fire spell is so high Level, Pope Class.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen