AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 11:54   Link #2181
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Eek, this topic was almost to page 2 guys...

But really, what IS your most favorite doll anyway? Mine is Gin, and second place goes to Souseiseki.
Old 2006-04-15, 12:02   Link #2182
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Gin is always my most favourite, the fact that the Dynamic Duo of Megu x Gin makes me love Gin even more.

2nd Kanaria, whenever I see her, Solid Snake (the clumsy version) always comes into mind. Rozen Gear Solid
KASHIRA━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

3rd Suiseiseki DESU━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

4th Bara/Kira, Because I can make fun of Lapace.

5th Hina, I don't like Hina much since she doesn't make a huge impact on me

6th Souseiseki, same as Hina only that Hina > Sou

7th Stinku,******* ***** ** ****.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 12:54   Link #2183
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Shinku, Suisei Seki, then Gin.

Blah, I'm getting short on stuff to post here.

Quote:
Oki..., so I've just downloaded the first Utawarerumono episode, and saw the character you mean.

Altough she has not yet been introduced in the series, I have to dissagree..., despite the fact that both have Black wings doesn't make her look-a-like like Gin
The face is diferent, the hairstyle is compleatly diferent (despite the colour beeing white aswell), and even the eyes are diferent (also blue colour); plus.. she smiles, as in happy...

Thus I honestly have to say from that little I have seen.. she realy doesn't fit Gin's personality whatsoever.., even if its just because of that little smile in the OP
I had missed that post. I've been watching (and loving) Utawareru Mono since the first episode, and I'm planning on keeping up with it. It's pretty sad to only watch one episode a week (Bleach, which has been sucking badly too), so I decided to pick UtaMono as my second pick.

And yes, like you said, the character has nothing to do with Gin. In fact, Utawareru Mono features characters with many different animal characteristics. Eruruu and Aruruu, for example, have dog (fox?) ears and tails, as well as most of the other characters in the story, so it's not something to be surprised at if they put someone with bird wings in there.

As for screen, don't have one from the anime, but I've got a CG image from the CG pack for the game. She looks identical, anyway.

And if anyone wants the OP, I've uploaded it aswel. The quality is crap, but you can get a glimpse from it. And the song pwns too.

http://www.kidoutenshi.net/random/Movie_0022.wmv

And yes, fresh from WMM :P

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 13:08   Link #2184
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Me?

Number 1 is Suigintou. Her ruthlessness, cruelty, deviousness and cunningness attracts me. And also, I like her scheming nature. It just reminds me of me. And yes, she has the fanciest design among all the Rozen Maiden. And also, the revelation that she is a rather depressing doll just makes her more attractive.

Number 2 is Souseiseki. She is calm and a know-it-all. Also reminds me of myself, seeing that I seldom panic and usually remains calm. And her attacks...aggressive.

Next comes Shinku. A tea lover is always in my good books. And she is calm, wise and a pacifist, reminds me of someone I'm fond of. And she is also classy (the only un-classiest thing she had ever done so far is being obssessive with Kunkun).

Then is Suiseiseki. If I will ever have a little sister, I rather if she is like Suiseiseki. The demonic nature of Suiseiseki, added with her shyness, just makes her very cute.

Then goes Kanaria. I liked the way she wields her violin.

Hinaichigo takes the sixth spot. She is noisy and childish, but she does mature. That gives her some plus points.

Last place goes to....ahem.....don't kill me please.....Barasuishou. She totally lacks personality, so I find her very uninteresting.

Oh, before I forget...

A very cute gif of Suigintou eating her lunch.

Last edited by Mincemaker; 2006-04-15 at 13:22.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 16:57   Link #2185
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmandan
dude where is the Original picture of the desktop picture?

Gin is looking MIGHTY fine in that picture
Found: http://www008.upp.so-net.ne.jp/matsuryu/karasu.jpg

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 17:36   Link #2186
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Everybody loves Suigintou

Runner up to me would be Souseiseki: the only one in RM that seems to have her
head screwed on straight and no screws loose
(Don't tell the other Rozen Maidens though,... even cartoons can kill)

Too bad I sofar haven't seen a Rozen/Iron Maiden Spoof

Nicko = Hina
Steve = Sui
Dave = Sou
Jannick = Kira
Adrian = Suigin
Kanaria = Bruce

Shinku = Eddie

And Bara would be Blaze = Never really a member
Old 2006-04-15, 18:55   Link #2187
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Mine is Shinku first for the way she treats Jun when trying to help him with his problem. I like her for the way she fights and the way she decides not to fight. The way she trys to mold everyone into her servant adds a nice line of comedy with out demeaning her.

My second if you have not guessed so far is Hina because she is the most fun. I also love her character for the amount of growth, she in my mind has grown the most out of the maidens second to Jun me thinks.

Then it is Sui for the way her outer character conflicts so much with her inner, she knocked Gin from this spot.

Gin because she is such a deep "evil" character.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 19:14   Link #2188
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
As for screen, don't have one from the anime, but I've got a CG image from the CG pack for the game. She looks identical, anyway.
She looks to happy to be Gin. >_<

btw, I finished the Anju wallpaper if anybody wants

Just imagine she's Gin.
1600x1200 ver at animepaper.
Old 2006-04-15, 19:37   Link #2189
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Oh, I actually meant "She looks in the anime just like she does in the game". It wasn't related to Gin at all :P

Still, awesome job as always.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-04-15, 19:39   Link #2190
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@Flo - Wow!!! Anju will sit on my admin pc for a while and watch over my network in the same way she watches over Karin
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 19:48   Link #2191
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
@Flo - Wow!!! Anju will sit on my admin pc for a while and watch over my network in the same way she watches over Karin
errr,.... Flo? T_T_T

@Zero: no prob, I think I'll still check out the series when I have time.
Old 2006-04-15, 19:51   Link #2192
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Lol... poor solwyvern. Everyone mistakes him/forgets about him :P

Old 2006-04-15, 20:28   Link #2193
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern

btw, I finished the Anju wallpaper if anybody wants

Just imagine she's Gin.
1600x1200 ver at animepaper.
Good work on the Anju wallpaper.

Do I really have to say who is my favorite doll? It's pretty obvious for everyone. But I'll say it again.

My favorite doll is Barasuishou (perhaps Kirakishou as well) because I like characters who are mysterious and mess things up (except for episode 4, how else can she get inside the house?) quietly rather than Suigintou that destroys everything. Also, her ability to manipulate crystals is just amazing and her sword is just as good. Appearance is also good.

Those are my reasons. ^^
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 21:58   Link #2194
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Lol... poor solwyvern. Everyone mistakes him/forgets about him :P
I don't
Its actualy because of him that I joined the A.S. forums

Anyway.., back on topic...
mmmm... favorite dolls...

Well, judging by what I know from everyone already I can say the choices haven't surprised me so far.., specialy when it came to the one's Blitz chose
So... I recon you won't be surprised at mine either

The first.., of course.. could only be Suigin Tou !

Gin was actualy the only reason why I ever decided to watch Rozen Maiden.., I saw a few wallpapers of her and then started reading on how she was such a magnificent antagonist that I just had to see it for myself.

Needless to say I was surprised, not only at that but at her entire progress through the anime up until the end of season 2...; not many characters have such a complexed emotions which realy drives me to understand them...

So naturaly.., It would be impossible to resist Gin.

For second.., I'll have to go with Suisei Seki

What an unbelivable character.., so beyond Devious and yet also so Shy.., its just alot of fun to watch her.., plus.., if there is any word that is probably bigger then the entire Rozen Maiden anime.., it has to be the "~Desu" that our dear Sui so loves to use

Third.., might shock a few.., but I'll have to go with Sousei Seki

Her role in the story progressed at a slow rate altough her emotions are what realy draws me to her, despite always beeing calm and serene, the feeling of self-devotion towards what she belives to be right is just outstanding.

She is yet a tragic character though.., for at the end she does realise that her choice was rong into taking part of the Alice Game.., yet.., it is too late for her to go back..; which realy makes her end pretty dramatic.

Fourth... Shinku.

Altough it is known that most people who like Gin above all characters realy dislike Shinku , well.. I kind of share that feeling but all and all I have to say the story couldn't be done without her so..

Shinku is a very nice character aswell.., her emotions shifted alot from season 1 where she thought she had to fight to become Alice with no regrets of the others to when season 2 she became aware of the losses in battle and how it would be better if the Alice game never toke place.., and that realy built her caracter from a snobby aristrocrat to a much more sentimental Shinku inside.

Fifth.. Bara Suishou

Well.. she is the main antagonist in the second season, but as far as that role is will always (at least to me) remain more of a filler for Gin..., altough as her caracter goes, she is deeply silent, very un-emotional.., which well, lets face it.., realy suits her and is actualy what is best of her personality.

Altough, she does have feelings, she loves Enju very much and that reason alone is why she fought all the others, she wanted to prove herself to her father by becoming a better doll then any of which Rozen had created.

Now, for Sixth... I can't choose between both so..
Its Kanaria & Hina Ichigo

I kind of left the chibi's for last.. because well.., they're realy not what drew me to this anime.., altough they are alot of fun to watch.., I don't see the point of them apart from giving another type of content; which is not a bad thing though.

There where alot of scenes in which due to these 2 that we surely laughted alot, specialy in the "Stairs" episode from season 1 and the 3rd episode of season 2.

They both are tremendous clutz's, but despite this Hina does have a very sad ending.. which kind of makes me a bit sad to leave her so down in the list.., but all and all, much her like Kana are (like all the RM characters) good characters.., its just.. to me.. well.., my preferences are listed as above

And that's all I guess..

Next time please.., don't post such hard questions..., I'd be better off trying to explain why Shinku likes tea over Yakult..

Did you see the time it toke me to writte all of this..
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 22:34   Link #2195
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Argh... I tried to, but I just can't compete with Alu anymore :P

So much writing, and yet I have so little to say <_<

Old 2006-04-15, 23:05   Link #2196
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

F*CK~!

I just got kidnapped, mutilated, lost, defiled, murdered, resurrected, left behind ...

AND YOU ARE ALREADY ON 110 F*CKING PAGES!!!

No ... I just went on 'vacation' and f*ck it THIS IS WHAT THERE IS. SH*T. I HAVE TO READ THROUGH 44 FORUM PAGES... SIGH.

OKAY.

OKAY.
F*CK

FCUK

skafaksfkasflsakfasfsakflaskasdkas

Guys, I just rewatched Traumend. Again.

Episode 10 is the most bittersweet ep ... I've seen

And

YOu know

I miss you guys

Zero

Lost

Guys

I can't even speak straight

I feel I have to occupy a whole page because I miss this thread and you all

JEEZ. 44 FKCING Pges.

COngratulations.

I can't even write straight

or well for that matter.

Please understand

I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE NET BACK AGAIN

I SOOOO MISS YOU

ALL

DUde

James Bond rocks, by the way

the same way Rozen Maiden Rocks

t3h pwnz

and

Guys

I love you all
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 23:06   Link #2197
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

First for me is Suiseiseki desu!!!

I began to appreciate her character in episode 4 of Träumend. Contrary to her exterior appearance in past episodes, Suiseiseki turns out to have the most common sense and most heart ^.^ She's the first doll - and initially the only one - to realise how pointless the Alice Game really is. As Jun says, why would sisters who love each other so much go about killing each other...

This is actually what I like more about the second season than the first: The dolls begin to question the purpose of the Alice Game and its very necessity. In the first season, everyone seemed to take it for granted, hmm. I like how the second season shows the "Game" to be the cruel emotional torture it really is. Even if they're "only dolls", the way everything is set up is very effective.

As for theories about why Rozen set up the Alice Game in the first place, this is the one I agree with most:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=345

Maybe it wasn't supposed to be a "lethal battle with one winner" after all, but a series of trials and tribulations that would develop the dolls' character and humanity. I hope this theory is true: it leaves room for a happy ending.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 23:09   Link #2198
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

@physics:

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

YOU'RE ALIVE!

How come you never said anything about leaving? And here I thought you had abbandoned us ;_;

Welcome back!

Old 2006-04-15, 23:51   Link #2199
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Argh... I tried to, but I just can't compete with Alu anymore :P

So much writing, and yet I have so little to say <_<
Yatta !! I won !! ~Desu

Oh... welcome back Physics..., have fun reading everything in the last 44 pages..
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 00:25   Link #2200
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Lol, I dont think he'll need to read through all the 44. A lot of them are the crazy-pic posting part of the topic =P

Cant write much, my keyboard is on top of my printer while I draw <_<

Btw, check my topic at the fan section, anyone? I need some feedback.

Edit:

God damn it.

All my chances of getting an A in my Stats class were just blown up by this GOD DAMN 87 I got in the last test <_< Not even a 100 in the next one will do the job.

Bleh. NOW I'm depressed.

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2006-04-16 at 01:22.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural