AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 22:16   Link #281
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This is hilarious. I'm sure it'll get old and boring by the time it finishes, but right now it's most enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Dropping the series... it isn't bad, just didn't hit my button to continue. May continue to download for 'rainy day watching'.
Well, I don't think you meet the target demographic.
Old 2010-04-18, 23:10   Link #282
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I don't really get the idea of H being pronounced as Ecchi in the beginning, coz in my thought, H might refer to the word "Hentai", which in my thought, describes the reason why there're alot "H" flying in certain ecchi scenes...and then in the first episode, they used the "H" when Yamada said she wanted to have sex with 100 males, so i thought "H" in the scene could also be "Hyaku".
Actually the term "ecchi" is nothing more than the way the English letter "H" is said in Japanese phonetics ("aych" and "ey-chee," it was the closest they could get).

As awkward as this was to watch while my roommate was in the room, it was still pretty funny, and I must say the end of episode 3 was actually... sweet.

Though for perhaps the first time in anime I'm wondering what the guy sees in the girl in this pairing. XD
Old 2010-04-18, 23:29   Link #283
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Though for perhaps the first time in anime I'm wondering what the guy sees in the girl in this pairing. XD
They're in high school, she's not a completely and total bitch, yet she's the prettiest and most popular girl in school. USUALLY if such a girl seems interested in you during said time period, you don't refuse.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 01:04   Link #284
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They're in high school, she's not a completely and total bitch, yet she's the prettiest and most popular girl in school. USUALLY if such a girl seems interested in you during said time period, you don't refuse.
Yeah that'd pretty much be my thoughts. Really if the cute and most popular girl in school appears to be interested you go with it. Part of it would obviously be the physical attraction. Plus you have moments like at the end of episode 3 where she danced with him even though it was over. While he can't figure her out at times she's not bad to hang out with anyways. Not too hard to figure out Kosuda's reasons for making the efforts he does.
Old 2010-04-19, 01:19   Link #285
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
I suppose that's true... it just seems that Yamada's done so many things that might scare him off...
Old 2010-04-19, 03:07   Link #286
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
An interesting thought.

If this anime would have been showed from Kosuda's point of view I guess Yamada would have been showed as a tsundere?

Because from his point of view we also have her giving him cold shoulder, or even calling him names (though that is just his mistaken thinking) etc.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 03:58   Link #287
Pachael
原作通り

The sound direction is very, very good. Helps that the direction in general is great and the humor is there
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 04:19   Link #288
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I suppose that's true... it just seems that Yamada's done so many things that might scare him off...
Actually, we can probably say everything she did so far before ep 03 was either scaring him off or making fun of him.

-She asks him if he's a virgin with a rather loud voice in a public place.
-She meets him again later and remembers him by the call sign "virgin"
-She demands his textbook from him.
-She flashes him then runs as if to look like he is at fault.
-She drops books on his feet.
-She commands him to belly rub her, then orders him to touch her up top, him being a virgin of course he's scared from "orders" like that
-When she walks by him the next [day] she covers her face with her growth chart.
-She orders him to teach her math.
-She takes his umbrella (although he didn't know)
-She almost shoves the umbrella into his face.
-She shoves him to the floor upon seeing his "reaction"
-He later thinks she was teasing him.
-He see's she's mad when he's being invited to the pool.
-When he thinks Yamada is being nice to him, she brings him to the high water slide activating his fear of heights. When Yamada finds out about his fear, she kind of insults him.
-She brushes him off before the fireworks.
-All this leading up to episode 03.

It's no surprise to react the way Kosuda reacted to Yamada's antics considering he is new to interactions with girls. But luckily for Kosuda by the start of episode 03 he was picking up on Yamada's habits so it's a good thing he pursued her at the dance. Of course if he didn't, then I'd be blasting him
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 05:55   Link #289
ZeKeR
Superbad

but seriously..... a maiden shouldnt wish or even be like yamada.... she doesnt know the word control.....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 07:19   Link #290
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man Yamada is like a broken lion cub learning how to hunt. Everything she did this time around only served to confuse him more. However, not only did only average looking guy get to feel up the B-cup (though he didnt know what it was) he was also able to make great gains this time around.

Kasuda is very well aware of the status quo in high school. Yamada is the prettiest most popular girl in school (though seems she has a rival in that dept now) and hes well.........a nobody. But even though he knows these things he still likes Yamada even though she confuses the hell out of him. He was able to show her a side that most probably dont see. While taking the pictures in the park Yamada was stunned by his face and the way he views the world and nature. These are qualities you dont get to know about a person unless you actually spend quality time with them. In inviting Yamada it clear that Kasuda wants her to see another side of him and see the things that interest him. Yamada was bored at first but quickly realized that Kasuda saw the park in a way she had not fathomed.

The next scene really impressed me. The protagonist was actually able to move past his station or attempt too. He knows that Yamada is out of his league. But he still goes to the bon-dance anyway to ask her to dance. You know how much courage that probably took? He impressed me in a big way and as much as Yamada tried to hide it she was very happy he showed up. Unfortunately, he had wait behind like 80 people to get to dance with her lol. Even the dance was over Yamada still gave him a dance.

Kasuda was able to over come his nervousness and also show himself in another light. The great thing is hes just being himself hes not trying to win her over by being someone hes not. He is a very good guy at heart now if he can just survive Yamada's sex hunt.

I dont even know what to classify Yamada shes not a slut nor a whore because well she hasnt done anything lol. I guess wannabe whore will suffice for now.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2010-04-19 at 07:21. Reason: Episode 3
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 11:23   Link #291
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
You'd still be skeptical though. However, they haven't payed much attention to her popularity before this episode.

And seriously, get in the back of the line? He got sloppy lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I dont even know what to classify Yamada shes not a slut nor a whore because well she hasnt done anything lol. I guess wannabe whore will suffice for now.
Yeah, I would classify her as that. This reminds me of a girl that was in one of my classes in high school. She obviously didn't do stupid stuff like this, but you can tell she realized she was behind her peers and wanted to catch up. I don't know what happened, nor does it matter, but it relates and is pretty funny when I think back to it since other people knew what she was looking for and all.
Old 2010-04-19, 12:05   Link #292
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You'd still be skeptical though. However, they haven't payed much attention to her popularity before this episode.

And seriously, get in the back of the line? He got sloppy lasts.

Yeah, I would classify her as that. This reminds me of a girl that was in one of my classes in high school. She obviously didn't do stupid stuff like this, but you can tell she realized she was behind her peers and wanted to catch up. I don't know what happened, nor does it matter, but it relates and is pretty funny when I think back to it since other people knew what she was looking for and all.
LMAO thats a pretty funny story. Myself am a fan of quality over quantity>
Old 2010-04-19, 13:47   Link #293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
This is hilarious. I'm sure it'll get old and boring by the time it finishes, but right now it's most enjoyable.

Well, I don't think you meet the target demographic.
A few of you seem to spend a lot of time stewing on my age, when I can probably outrun and outlift quite a few of you Try to keep up, eh?

Anyway, its wasn't that the series isn't funny (its part of a long line of the series type "sex farce" (look it up its been around a long time), much less 'sexy' than 'silly'), the series appears fairly funny. I just have a specific amount of time for watching stuff and this didn't climb into the have-time-for bracket. Continuing to download it for some 'rainy day extra time' moment, just won't be commenting here while its airing.
Old 2010-04-19, 15:13   Link #294
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
A few of you seem to spend a lot of time stewing on my age, when I can probably outrun and outlift quite a few of you Try to keep up, eh?

Anyway, its wasn't that the series isn't funny (its part of a long line of the series type "sex farce" (look it up its been around a long time), much less 'sexy' than 'silly'), the series appears fairly funny. I just have a specific amount of time for watching stuff and this didn't climb into the have-time-for bracket. Continuing to download it for some 'rainy day extra time' moment, just won't be commenting here while its airing.
I didn't mean any ill will, my apologies.
Old 2010-04-19, 15:55   Link #295
GDB

Quote:
However, they haven't payed much attention to her popularity before this episode.
The very beginning of the first episode had like everyone in the school yard gawking at her, both the boys and the girls. Plus, she got randomly hit on in the streets before meeting Kosuda, and guys in her class want to take her picture.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 17:47   Link #296
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
An interesting thought.

If this anime would have been showed from Kosuda's point of view I guess Yamada would have been showed as a tsundere?

Because from his point of view we also have her giving him cold shoulder, or even calling him names (though that is just his mistaken thinking) etc.
I was thinking tsundere too... in fact she kinda does meet all the criteria, only since it's told from her point of view it seems less obvious-cookie-cutter-character-type, since it makes a lot of sense why she reacts the way she does (well... to the extent that Yamada's actions can make sense... ).
Old 2010-04-20, 04:35   Link #297
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^-I think that should have a "manga" tag on that spoiler, without it we could think there was just a harmless big picture underneath

On a side note, the new Kanejou girl is a C cup. Beauty rivals certainly have an edge over Yamada lately, the only girls I know similar to Yamada would be those 2 friends I-forgot-the-names-of. I'll admit, I actually thought Kanejou would win the beauty contest, with Kosuda pulling a Matsuo with that "your my number one" oh well, ep 03 was good the way it went.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 04:57   Link #298
Pika_power

Episode 3 was still good, although it focused more on the romance.

Why is Yamada playing the Tsundere? She just wants to screw the guy!
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 09:21   Link #299
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
Episode 3 was still good, although it focused more on the romance.

Why is Yamada playing the Tsundere? She just wants to screw the guy!
Just watch her actions from the siad guys point of view and you will see why if this anime would have been shown from his pOV she would be a tsundere.

In fact even now she has the traits, its just that it is all told from her POV thus her actions make more sense and her tsun doenst seem so much of a tsun becaus eit has been explained.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 10:35   Link #300
jenthehen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
but seriously..... a maiden shouldnt wish or even be like yamada.... she doesnt know the word control.....
Huh? What century are you living in? She's allowed to want sex!
jenthehen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen