AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-27, 00:37   Link #1141
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I doubt we'll see North American versions of Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy versus XIII and Gran Turismo 5 in 2008.. but I'm sure we'll get some nice hidden gems this year as well that don't get much press inititally (look at Uncharted!)..

Regardless, barring any kind of catastrophic set-backs..we will see the best game of the PS3 this year in the form of Metal Gear Soild 4.. can't wait for that!

Last edited by Prince of Chronics; 2008-01-27 at 00:50. Reason: ..blasted roman numerals! :p
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 00:47   Link #1142
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I bought my PS3 in last year's September and never regretted it. I must've already spent 2-3 times longer playing my PS3 than the Wii which I owned for 9 months before I sold it (the last 6 months was collecting dust). I just prefer the PS3 library of games more. Plus I love the ability to play SACDs.

As for the Xbox360, I don't think I will ever buy one as the only game I want for it at the moment is Ace Combat 6. Not interested in any of the other exclusives, especially not the FPS games as those games make me dizzy after an hour.

Tried the DMC4 demo a couple of days ago. It was pretty cool, I am going to order the US collector's edition later. (The PAL collector's edition is missing too much stuff)
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 05:17   Link #1143
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I've been wondering about this. Why do people say that FPS games are better on the 360? If you're referring to Live support, then I can understand the sentiment since the PSN still has a long way to go. But in my experience, FPS games feel better on a PC, and control pads (for any console) simply can't match the level of control a keyboard and a mouse offer—at least as far as this genre is concerned.
I actually find that (some) FPS on the wii are pretty comfortable to play, like Medal of Honor Heroes 2, but then again it only works if you're standing close to the TV.
With FPS, it always depends how you play it and what equipment you have. I mean if you play a FPS on a PC, your eyes are probably 1 1/2 feet away from screen, which feels more natural to play. But on a console your sitting 5-10 feet away and it feels weird, because the screen shows first perspective and there is a huge gap between you and the action.
Personally i would rather have more 3rd person shooters, RPGs and other type of games than FPS on consoles, just never really like playing FPS on consoles and i don't really think it belongs there.
Nevertheless the next few weeks should be good for the ps3, even though that some games release will be ports, at least they will have some bonus content.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 09:15   Link #1144
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics View Post
I doubt we'll see North American versions of Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy versus XIII and Gran Turismo 5 in 2008..
You're probably right about FFXIII and FFvXIII, but Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (maybe I shouldve been clearer, since Sony plans to release another entirely seperate Gran Turismo 5 game) is close to completion according to the websites I've looked at, and the game should be released in the second quarter of 2008.

Hooray!
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 08:00   Link #1145
Sides

Does anyone already got/received Disgaea 3? If so, can they check and see if it has english subtitles, probably need to change the system language.
Old 2008-01-30, 08:30   Link #1146
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Does anyone already got/received Disgaea 3? If so, can they check and see if it has english subtitles, probably need to change the system language.
My copy hasn't shipped yet, but you're dreaming if you honestly think it's already been translated.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 08:47   Link #1147
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
My copy hasn't shipped yet, but you're dreaming if you honestly think it's already been translated.
Hey you're talking to a guy who spaces out when felling a tree with a chainsaw ^^. Nah was asking since some asian ps3 releases, HK/KOR/ROC, do have english, chinese and korean subs as option.
Old 2008-02-17, 01:04   Link #1148
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
When will the prices of ps3 drop again? >< I heard they are going to make a 120 g or something and they are only selling 40 g now...
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 01:13   Link #1149
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
oh and sorry for posting again but can you or how do you put subtitles on a ps3 game that is imported from japan o.o
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 13:11   Link #1150
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Yes I've heard they were going to phase out the 40 and 80 gigs and replace it with a 120 gigs for $400... I think, I can't clearly recall it. Don't take my word for it. But I'm positive whatever is getting phased out will be replace with a bigger harddrive and will retain the same price as the smaller drive that was replaced.
I myself have only heard of them phasing out the 80GB; heard nothing about the 40GB... if both SKU's are still selling, then i expect that Sony will stay with two SKU's... one that supports Backwards compatibility, and a cheaper one that does not.... really is the best idea... some people with PS2's would rather get a cheaper PS3, while others would still like the BC on the PS3 what with the upscaling and all

Though their won't be a price drop, just an increase in Hard Drive size... price points shall remain the same... i would not expect another PS3 price drop for quite sometime. While it's true that its much cheaper to manufacture the PS3 these days, it's been much too soon since the last drop. i'd expect a price drop no sooner than atleast late summer, though more likely the holidays
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 00:47   Link #1151
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Blu-ray has triumphed

It's official. As of Tuesday (19 Feb 08), Toshiba has pulled the plug on HD-DVD.

Sources: BBC News and Reuters.

Going by the numbers, the outcome has been inevitable for some time. Sony has sold 10.5 million PS3 consoles since late 2006, and each console comes with a prefitted Blu-ray player. That's 10.5 million Blu-ray players already in homes around the world, even before you take standalone players into consideration.

In constrast, Toshiba has sold only one million HD-DVD machines. And this figure includes the shipment of external HD-DVD drives to Xbox360 owners. It appears that not many Xbox owners are keen to buy those drives. Toshiba finally saw the writing on the wall when Warner Brothers —which used to support both formats— decided to support Blu-ray exclusively. Following Toshiba's decision, Universal Pictures has also announced that it will now switch to Blu-ray.

The biggest winners of this outcome will of course be consumers, who no longer have to worry about wasting money on incompatible hardware. Sales of PS3 consoles are also likely to benefit, while Xbox360 may take a slight hit. Disc-makers in Taiwan are very happy as well, because they can now focus on producing Blu-ray players. Analysts project that it will take another year before we see significant numbers of standalone Blu-ray players on the market, but players at attractive prices may already be available by this Christmas.

However, to put things in perspective, in terms of DVD profits, it doesn't make much difference. DVD-manufacturing is a low-margin business, so where disc-makers are concerned, it never really mattered who wins the format war. In fact, Goldman Sachs estimate that Toshiba would potentially gain more from stopping production on HD-DVD.

More importantly, as the BBC article points out, "a growing number of consumers are already turning their backs on DVD players to download their movies via the internet instead, or from their satellite or cable television provider."

From that point of view, it's impossible to ignore the threat posed by Xbox Live as a delivery channel for hi-definition content, versus PS3's current lacklustre online support.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 12:21   Link #1152
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

@TinyRedLeaf:
Your post is both in the wrong place and a but redundant as the HD home video situation is already being discussed here.

I won't move or delete your post (though another mod might), but please post any follow-ups or comments to the thread mentioned above.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 20:13   Link #1153
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I'm a Sony fanboy, so it was inevitable for me to get a PS3 and ignore the other consoles. Managed to get a 60gb system for under $450.00. The only problem I've had with it so far was the light controller. A couple weeks ago, some of the buttons wouldn't respond to some of the xmb and in game functions. So I had to replace it with a dual shock 3. I must say it's a pretty good improvement from the original sixaxis controller.

I'm not really into fps games (which is why I stayed away from 360), so the only online game I have at the moment is Tekken 5 DR online. I was never a Tekken fan, but ever since I gave this one a try, I've been really enjoying it. It's pretty fun challenging other gamers despite the fact that I suck X_x. Right now my favorite characters are Raven and Xaoyu (Before I used them, I was a Lili scrub. She was the easiest character to use in the game, so I was easily drawn to her. But now I'm weening myself from using her in matches. But if someone tries to use her against me, then I'll use her in retaliation, lol.). I'm still working on their juggles. A year ago, I never would've imagined I'd be looking forward to a new Tekken game. But I can't wait for 6 to come out.
War_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 13:21   Link #1154
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

80 gig seems to be gone

Link
Actions speak louder than words, and while Sony has been markedly quiet about the circulating rumors of the 80GB PlayStation 3's phaseout, we may be getting partial confirmation from the company's very own retailer, Sony Style.

Their online store has recently removed the 80GB SKU from its catalog - doing a search for PS3 units now only brings up the 40GB model (bundled with Spider-Man 3).

Add up reports of similar pullouts from other retailers, and it seems that Sony's 80GB machine is definitely being put out to pasture. For the guys who were around when Sony pulled the plug on their 20GB SKU, this scenario certainly feels like deja vu.

Does this mean that Sony is indeed paving the way for the much-discussed 120GB console? Sony is still keeping mum on this matter, though analysts speculate that it's a very likely scenario. We'll let you know if we receive any official word regarding this matter.
Old 2008-02-21, 13:55   Link #1155
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
80 gig seems to be gone
With build in HDD there will be always a problem, because of the suppliers. I reckon sony has a deal with seagate, so if the price for a bigger storage drops, they will be supplied with those instead. If you look at some online shops 60/80GB hdd are sometimes more expensive than bigger drives. So no big deal, since sony actually allows the consumer to change their drives.
As for ps2 support, i still believe that sooner or later a full software emulation solution will possible and made available to those without the ps2 chipsets.
Old 2008-02-21, 17:40   Link #1156
Lebron
I hear voices

Anyone here play still play COD4? Most of friends on PSN don't seem to give it a go anymore.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 20:44   Link #1157
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I Do!!!!!! add me @samuel20709
Old 2008-02-22, 10:14   Link #1158
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I Do!!!!!! add me @samuel20709
cool, will do. Mine's BlackSTYX btw.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 06:36   Link #1159
Sides

Initial D announced for ps3. So kids time to save some cash to get this game and, if the game supports it, a logitech G25.

Initial D screens on famitsu
Official Hp for game
Old 2008-03-02, 07:10   Link #1160
Agitation
Circle of stars

Send a message via MSN to Agitation
What's the best way to get a copy of Initial D when it's released?

At play-asia they've stated the game can't be shipped to european countries, besides finding a copy on ebay that is if there ever will be, what other sites are there? ^_^
Agitation is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony