AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-23, 18:14   Link #181
GaimeGuy

Akira Senju has been seriously lazy with Brotherhood, though. It's not that the tracks he's already made are bad, it's just that it's not enough for a series like FMA.

The only new tracks I can really think of from the last ~20 episodes are:
#1: The theme that plays when Roy kills Lust (also has bene used in a few other places since then)
#2: The theme that plays when Ed remembers Nina as he and Ling are fighting Envy (also plays when Kimblee jumps onto Scar's train).
#3: The music that plays when Envy does his transformation (also was used when Sloth was pushed into the elevator, when Ed told Scar about Father + Co being responsible for Ishval, and in several episode previews.)
#4: The music that plays at the end of the episode with mustang seeing the central command, and with Ed waking up in the fake gate. (May actually be part of the same track as #3)
#5: the 20-30 second music that plays when Gluttony goes berserk and breaks free when he hears Mustang.
#6: The music that plays when Winry faces scar for the first time.

There's no excuse for this shit. What's there is good, but the impact of several of the tracks is lost because they're used in a dozen different memorable scenes each. All of the tracks I've listed were first introduced between episodes 19-26ish.
We didn't even get new background music for briggs, or a new track for Pride's reveal. I've never seen a series with so much variety get such little music output. Come the fuck on.
Old 2009-12-24, 00:22   Link #182
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Akira Senju has been seriously lazy with Brotherhood, though. It's not that the tracks he's already made are bad, it's just that it's not enough for a series like FMA.

The only new tracks I can really think of from the last ~20 episodes are:
#1: The theme that plays when Roy kills Lust (also has bene used in a few other places since then)
#2: The theme that plays when Ed remembers Nina as he and Ling are fighting Envy (also plays when Kimblee jumps onto Scar's train).
#3: The music that plays when Envy does his transformation (also was used when Sloth was pushed into the elevator, when Ed told Scar about Father + Co being responsible for Ishval, and in several episode previews.)
#4: The music that plays at the end of the episode with mustang seeing the central command, and with Ed waking up in the fake gate. (May actually be part of the same track as #3)
#5: the 20-30 second music that plays when Gluttony goes berserk and breaks free when he hears Mustang.
#6: The music that plays when Winry faces scar for the first time.

There's no excuse for this shit. What's there is good, but the impact of several of the tracks is lost because they're used in a dozen different memorable scenes each. All of the tracks I've listed were first introduced between episodes 19-26ish.
We didn't even get new background music for briggs, or a new track for Pride's reveal. I've never seen a series with so much variety get such little music output. Come the fuck on.
Olivier's CMoA with Raven got some new music.

And it may not entirely be Senju's fault. Is he the Music Director, or is he just composing the songs? If it's the former, then yeah, it's largely his fault. If it's the latter, he's doing good work, but the production/directorial team is wasting their resource.
Old 2009-12-24, 03:34   Link #183
GaimeGuy

No, that was just the envy music IIRC
Old 2009-12-30, 17:42   Link #184
Ziziphus
Whatever

Don't know if you have seen this, it's the 4th OP song, Period by CHEMISTRY

It's decent enough, I think I'll like it better with visuals. Can't wait!

Last edited by Ziziphus; 2010-01-08 at 08:11.
Old 2009-12-30, 22:16   Link #185
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Fourth OP? Are we really up to that many in Brotherhood or was this one of the ones from the first season? Or is this the next one to come out? I don't recognize it so I'm a bit lost right now, although I really do like it.
Old 2009-12-31, 01:49   Link #186
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Fourth OP? Are we really up to that many in Brotherhood or was this one of the ones from the first season? Or is this the next one to come out? I don't recognize it so I'm a bit lost right now, although I really do like it.
Yup, that's Brothrhood's fourth, following Again, Hologram and Golden Time Lover. It's the next one that's gonna be coming out soon.
Old 2009-12-31, 01:49   Link #187
Vicious108

I like the song a lot actually, and I think it could turn out to be a great OP and possibly the best one yet if the visuals match well.
Old 2010-01-01, 12:47   Link #188
Jarmel

Definitely my second favorite after Hologram. The visuals for it can be pretty epic. Really looking forward to this. Now I'm interested in how the ED sounds as I hate the current one.
Old 2010-01-03, 12:13   Link #189
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

I would prefer this as an ending song but it's still pretty good.
Old 2010-01-06, 19:33   Link #190
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Don't know if you have seen this, it's the 4th OP song, Period by CHEMISTRY

It's decent enough, I think I'll like it better with visuals. Can't wait!
oh wow i'm actually shocked. i was pretty upset when i heard chemistry was going to do the OP (only because they're pretty low-tempo & i hated the 4th OP they did for GSEED Destiny).

it's not that bad, it has some soft-rock feel which more than suffices and it's catchy. i can't wait to see the accompanying visuals.
Old 2010-01-10, 09:31   Link #191
Westlo
Lets be reality

The new op and ed are both pretty good.
Old 2010-01-10, 11:09   Link #192
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The new op and ed are both pretty good.
They are indeed. I like both of the songs and the visuals are great, even for the ED! I'm surprised that they have fighting scenes in the ED, and I'm not complaining

My only complaint is that Roy's not even in the OP. Ah, well, I guess that makes sense, since he doesn't have much of a role in this part of the story.
Old 2010-01-10, 11:19   Link #193
takachsh
Unagi, Rice Bowl Love

Amazing OP, Chemistry's song really fits in well! My jaw dropped during those fight scenes in it!!

The ED at least is better then the last one lol.
Old 2010-01-10, 22:09   Link #194
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Little random tidbit. Two of the composers that are listed in the 4th opening, Jonas Myrin and Peter Kvint, are both swedish. Jonas Myrin, who moved from his home country to the UK at some point, apparently has a bit of history and has worked with a number of people in the past. This guy apparently likes to travel, if his Myspace entry is leading me to believe.

Last edited by ChibiGoku; 2010-01-10 at 22:14. Reason: Clearing something up.
Old 2010-01-14, 10:07   Link #195
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Hmm dunno, I still like the first opening the most The new ending and intro are nice, though. But I'll most definetly skip them later~

Little mash up with FF6 and Ready, Steady, Go and Inerasable Sin:
Old 2010-02-07, 18:22   Link #196
Kirarakim

So OST 2 has finally been announced. It looks like it will be released next month too

Amazon.co.jp Link Here
Old 2010-02-07, 18:25   Link #197
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Nice. Still don't see how there's enough material for a second one, though i'm prepared to be surprised with about half of the material on the soundtrack not ever having appeared in the series!
Old 2010-02-07, 19:31   Link #198
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nice. Still don't see how there's enough material for a second one, though i'm prepared to be surprised with about half of the material on the soundtrack not ever having appeared in the series!
Lol my thoughts exactly. It feels like they just use the same 5-10 tracks over and over at this point, so who knows what we'll see in the second OST.
Old 2010-02-07, 20:15   Link #199
Haladflire65
*Artist

If they're gonna release a new soundtrack, what have they been doing with the tracks it contains? Are they all gonna be brand-new, never-before-heard tracks? This is just too weird.

I just really want the piece that played when Roy blew up Lust. I liked that one. It better be in the 2nd soundtrack.
Old 2010-02-08, 05:49   Link #200
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I just really want the piece that played when Roy blew up Lust. I liked that one. It better be in the 2nd soundtrack.
I seriously don't see why it won't be.