Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-06, 14:13   Link #21
striderm
Adusa #1

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-06, 20:44   Link #22
Slayerx

YA it seems the real translation is out now... not nearly as awe inspiring as the fakes, but still entertaining... And oh man, poor franky just got manhandled, ouch he'll be feeling that one for awhile; that's damga on both body and pride right there >.<

And it seems like Garp may not be able to stay with that "i won't capture you because you're my grandson" thing... could be he gotten direct orders to go after luffy, thus making it rather unavoidable... I mean, if he just wanted to meet with Luffy again, he wouldn't be in attack position... though the strawhats can't sail off just this moment... issues of ussop still need to be resolved

Grant it though, those fake translations really got me wondering even more abuot the outcomes of blackbeard vs Ace and Whitebeard VS Shanks... i'm guessing a victory for blackbeard, aswell as with Whitebeard, though Shank's retreated before taking any serious damage... no real guesses on Ace's condition though...
Old 2006-12-07, 08:25   Link #23
chitgoks

yeah, quite irritating why those people want attention and spread out false translations. it was a solemn chapter.. no action.
Old 2006-12-07, 14:49   Link #24
Undertaker

What do you mean no action?

There are plenty of actions, Fanky's 'SUPER' pose, Robin's new move. It also answers the age old question ''Who is strongest character in OP ?''

With a move like that, there' no way any male character in OP can beat Robin.......

Like Slayerx said, poor Franky got manhandled, literally. He's going to feel that one for a while. I hope Oda will do a follow-up on this in next chapter with Sanji and Zoro's reaction on Robin's 'new move' since they both missed the whole thing...

As for Garp, I'm speculating that there might be other Marine ships heading Water 7 so Garp is putting up a front for a fake attack and at same time use it as a warning to force Luffy and co. to leave Water 7.

As for Ussop, I'm in the camp that Ussop is hiding in the ship already and might end up rejoining the crew as SogeKing.

Overall, this is a entertaining chapter that Oda does so well and puts it over Naruto (which I'm also a fan of) for me, which is his ability to put out entertaining chapters while setting up next arc and building up for next action climax.
Old 2006-12-07, 15:12   Link #25
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
With a move like that, there' no way any male character in OP can beat Robin.......
At least no male character without pants.

Slayerx, I'm impressed by your ability to analyze and use logic to correctly call a bluff, while few others did.

Perhaps Garp is coming after Luffy with Tidings about Ace... Or the new bounties might have done the trick.
Old 2006-12-07, 16:25   Link #26
marvelB

Sweet chapter as usual. As disturbing as it was to see Franky naked through the whole thing (and... Robin crushing his manhood ), it was nice to see Franky get a nice farewell from his family in W7. And of course, this also means that Franky is officially part of the crew now....

But now there's still one thing left to resolve.... Just where the heck is Usopp!?
Old 2006-12-07, 17:09   Link #27
chucky
Always impatient

Congratulation to Mr. Yao Kazuki and his re-union with the strawhat voice acting dreamteam after Mr. 2's fadeaway. A not-so-permanent job, yet definitely a decent one.

Mr. Yao, please bring the vibrancy of Mr. 2 back to One Piece!
Old 2006-12-07, 17:14   Link #28
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
yeah, quite irritating why those people want attention and spread out false translations. it was a solemn chapter.. no action.
Whaddaya mean "false translations"? Those of us who translate spoilers work with the Japanese spoilers we're given, we don't make stuff up that isn't in Japanese already.

That said, I do always preface my translations with "please take with a grain of salt," etc. etc. It's not my responsibility whether it's the real spoiler or not, I just translates what I sees.
Old 2006-12-07, 18:05   Link #29
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
Whaddaya mean "false translations"? Those of us who translate spoilers work with the Japanese spoilers we're given, we don't make stuff up that isn't in Japanese already.

That said, I do always preface my translations with "please take with a grain of salt," etc. etc. It's not my responsibility whether it's the real spoiler or not, I just translates what I sees.
But it is YOUR responsibility to check the source credibility and truthfulness.

Look, I said in AP forum and jojohot too -- you always wanna make sure the spoiler you post is a good one. If forums are plagued by fake spoiler all over the place, not only the forum admin will take measures on you guys but also it will ruin the fun of many people looking forward to it, plus it can further procrastinate the propagation of the real spoiler.

And in some forums, deleted posts can mean a deduction of points one can get from posting, and that can be translated into losses of certain forum privileges. Heedless posters following up fake spoiler threads deleted later, can as a result get punished for the fake stuff you post. So, please beware before you wanna do that.
Old 2006-12-07, 18:54   Link #30
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I didn't expect Robin to go THAT far XD
can't wait to see how they animate it, this is so exotic XD
Yao Kazuki is the reason why Jango, Mr.2 are awsome... Franky would be anyway but it's greater with him
Old 2006-12-07, 21:03   Link #31
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Nice chapter
Franky got a nice 'farewell' from the Frany Family and the rest of the water 7 guys, but a not so nice 'welcome' from Robin

I hope the question of Usopp will be answered next week.
Old 2006-12-08, 00:34   Link #32
Eleutheria
旅行癖

If you're posting a translation, it's YOUR job to factcheck and make sure it's the real deal. Or else you're just propagating falsehood, and ignorance is no defense, especially when you're starting the topic itself and your post is the first one that everybody reads. Please edit or delete your post, by the way.

Concerning this new chapter, I think Chopper's comment sums it up nicely for all of us males reading it:

見るだけでイテテテ!

(I'm just watching and it frickin hurts!) <- that is an ok translation. Made sure it was from a good source ;p

Seriously though Robin is too strong... I fail to see how any non-elemental male can escape from that, it hits from a blind spot and instantly "makes you a woman", to use Luffy's phrase from later on in the chapter. Although Luffy might be able to avoid it if he has plastic bal- I'll stop now. =D
Old 2006-12-08, 00:43   Link #33
chitgoks

they should be resolving ussopp's situation next chapter because i dont see when the right time is but now since garp's already on attack position as zorro said. if they leave without ussopp, there'd be no chance for him to rejoin them again.
Old 2006-12-08, 06:33   Link #34
diners13

what's going on with usop????

Last edited by diners13; 2006-12-08 at 06:43.
Old 2006-12-08, 08:11   Link #35
chitgoks

diners13: he hasnt rejoined the crew yet
Old 2006-12-08, 09:14   Link #36
striderm
Adusa #1

My guess is he's in that dufflebag.
Old 2006-12-08, 14:43   Link #37
marvelB

Well, he's gotta be somewhere nearby. I find it hard to believe that the crew would just ditch him. I mean, he was even practicing how to talk his way back into the crew....

And as for Garp, I'm also one of those who believe that he came to give Luffy news about Ace/Blackbeard. It's possible that Teach may have beaten Ace instead of Luffy to achieve his Shichibukai status....
Old 2006-12-08, 17:00   Link #38
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And as for Garp, I'm also one of those who believe that he came to give Luffy news about Ace/Blackbeard. It's possible that Teach may have beaten Ace instead of Luffy to achieve his Shichibukai status....
Problem is we got to ask why he's in attack position though... i mean, the last time he came to visit he managed to strolled right on in... heck many poeple didn't even see him coming to after he actually docked... there has to be a reason why he suddenly decided to go into attack position, especially if all he wants to do is give Luffy a message

And even though i think Blackbeard will beat Ace, i still think he's gonna go after Luffy still... While beating Ace is impressive, Blackbeard's gonna need all the fame he can get if he wants to become well known enough to become a shichibukai... not to mention, i'd dare say at this point, he may actually get more fame from beating luffy than he would Ace... i'm not saying Luffy is stronger, but with the fall of enies lobby, i'd say he maybe considered more imfamous now; as in, Luffy's name actually rings louder too the world's ears than Ace's
Old 2006-12-08, 19:01   Link #39
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Problem is we got to ask why he's in attack position though... i mean, the last time he came to visit he managed to strolled right on in... heck many poeple didn't even see him coming to after he actually docked... there has to be a reason why he suddenly decided to go into attack position, especially if all he wants to do is give Luffy a message

And even though i think Blackbeard will beat Ace, i still think he's gonna go after Luffy still... While beating Ace is impressive, Blackbeard's gonna need all the fame he can get if he wants to become well known enough to become a shichibukai... not to mention, i'd dare say at this point, he may actually get more fame from beating luffy than he would Ace... i'm not saying Luffy is stronger, but with the fall of enies lobby, i'd say he maybe considered more imfamous now; as in, Luffy's name actually rings louder too the world's ears than Ace's
maybe we'll get to see what SH's new ship is capable of that could be really impressive

Ace could have bigger bounty than Luffy, but Luffy still got his much faster than Ace did and I think that in more remarkable way XD
Old 2006-12-08, 19:51   Link #40
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
My guess is he's in that dufflebag.
Haha i was thinking the exact same thing
Closed Thread