AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-11, 15:25   Link #1
LunarSpark

School life/action Anime

hey guys im looking for anime thats action/school life more action then school life with a male protagonist as long as the protagonist is male i don't really mind how little of school life there is, as action is the preferential genre at this stage thanks very much
Old 2010-01-11, 15:36   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Code Geass has some to a good bit of school life depending on the episodes, a male protagonist, and definitely has a lot of action.

Maybe the just started series Omamari Himari, it's seems will have action, and school life, though the male lead is protagonist, he doesn't really do the fighting[from first episode anyways], so might not be what you're looking for.

Also I'd say Bleach, but the school life part of the series kind vanishes almost completely after a certain point.
MAL
Old 2010-01-11, 15:39   Link #3
LunarSpark

Ty, first off i should say i've seen code geass and bleach, until i dropped bleach, i am watching Omamari Himari, and its the kind of thing i like
Old 2010-01-11, 15:50   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarSpark View Post
Ty, first off i should say i've seen code geass and bleach, until i dropped bleach, i am watching Omamari Himari, and its the kind of thing i like
Ah, well older series wise if you haven't seen either of them some how is always Yu Yu Hakusho, or Inuyasha.
MAL
Old 2010-01-11, 16:36   Link #5
Sasano

Quote:
hey guys im looking for anime thats action/school life more action then school life with a male protagonist as long as the protagonist is male i don't really mind how little of school life there is, as action is the preferential genre at this stage thanks very much
You're a being way too vauge,sir.At this point 80% of shounen fit your description.You should at least mention some of the things you've seen since you are asking for a mainstream genre its gonna be hard to mention something you dont already know about.

For now Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi , is a perfect fit is a fighting shounen that takes place in a mostly high school theme.It does have a lot of comedy influence and the action starts slow but its pretty much a perfect fit to "action/school life".
Old 2010-01-11, 17:27   Link #6
Ansalem
Speaker

Shakugan no Shana would be my best bet. Male protagonist, school life, and plenty of action.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:51   Link #7
LunarSpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasano View Post
You're a being way too vauge,sir.At this point 80% of shounen fit your description.You should at least mention some of the things you've seen since you are asking for a mainstream genre its gonna be hard to mention something you dont already know about.

For now Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi , is a perfect fit is a fighting shounen that takes place in a mostly high school theme.It does have a lot of comedy influence and the action starts slow but its pretty much a perfect fit to "action/school life".
I suppose your right but then, i don't wanna get locked up in specifics in reality the only thing i dislike is animes without a male protagonist, however saying that is too vague and mentioning all the animes i've watched at this stage is impossible

to make my parameters more specific i like action/school/ecchi(fan service ish)/fan of harem/romancey stuff but then the main things im looking for is action/school ive seen kenichi, and just got to ep 10 of yu yu, this paragraph isn't constructed well, sorry for that
Old 2010-01-11, 20:02   Link #8
GreatTeacherKen

Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic! Second Raid might be worth a look, with more focus on action. Fumoffu! is an exception in that it focuses more on the school life aspects and is also a comedy.
Old 2010-01-11, 21:26   Link #9
Sasano

Quote:
I suppose your right but then, i don't wanna get locked up in specifics in reality the only thing i dislike is animes without a male protagonist, however saying that is too vague and mentioning all the animes i've watched at this stage is impossible

to make my parameters more specific i like action/school/ecchi(fan service ish)/fan of harem/romancey stuff but then the main things im looking for is action/school ive seen kenichi, and just got to ep 10 of yu yu, this paragraph isn't constructed well, sorry for that
My point exactly you are being to vauge, and you are asking for things that are mainstream.Kenichi for example is an obvious recommendation but its also very likely you've already seen it.

im not asking you for your diary, just a simple list of animes you know that might be suggested.

EXAMPLE
Naruto
Bleach
Code Geass
Kenichi
YuYuHakusho
ETC

ETC
Old 2010-01-11, 21:35   Link #10
LunarSpark

Quote:
My point exactly you are being to vauge, and you are asking for things that are mainstream.Kenichi for example is an obvious recommendation but its also very likely you've already seen it.

im not asking you for your diary, just a simple list of animes you know that might be suggested.

EXAMPLE
Naruto
Bleach
Code Geass
Kenichi
YuYuHakusho
ETC

ETC
ok the easiest thing for me to say is ive seen all series released from 06 - 09 and a few pics from outside of that timeframe ie gto
my aplogies from 08 - 09
Old 2010-01-11, 22:14   Link #11
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
I agree with this post and the others who have recommended Kenichi as well.. it's a pretty fun show.