AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-30, 07:57   Link #361
syler321

they can defintly make a charcter that can use more then one df ability,but if they create a charcter like that op will not be the same great show,cos a charcter that controls more then 1 power will probably be the strongest charcter in op.
Old 2009-04-30, 08:04   Link #362
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

as for DonFlamingo ability, if it really a devil fruit ability maybe it kind a water/ liquid based logia type DF. I mean 70% of human body is water/liquid, and if his logia is pretty simmilar to Mr 0 'crock' and smoker could do(controlling sands) then so DonFlamingo does (controlling water/liquid). and controlling human body is in hil law..of course their will be a limitation about what he can do to human body...and so far we still waiting for that...
Old 2009-04-30, 08:14   Link #363
syler321

i think ur over thinking about what df ability doflamingo have,i think he can simply control ppl like pupptes(a pupetir)
it can be also one of the diffrent kind of things like u guys wrote string string or water/liquid...

but im pretty sure that his power is simply a pupet power,but i guess they will show more about his power in the upcoming war of whitebeard vs the chibubukai and wg.
Old 2009-04-30, 13:36   Link #364
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
they can defintly make a charcter that can use more then one df ability,but if they create a charcter like that op will not be the same great show,cos a charcter that controls more then 1 power will probably be the strongest charcter in op.

It was stated that one person can't have more than one fruit or else they will die
Old 2009-04-30, 19:29   Link #365
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Well, theoretically speaking, that was just the Inu-Inu man talking, and reciting a rumour he'd heard.

In theory, if two people take a bite for the same fruit, they should both recieve the power.

There's no rule that says you must eat the whole fruit to gain a power, and in fact,it's actually likely that one bite would be enough.

But that's just my surmise.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-04-30, 21:24   Link #366
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, Luffy ordered the sisters to put down the statue, and they obeyed. For me this clearly counts as "control".
And I'm only saying, that the way DonFlamingo controls the people may be some sort of advanced Haki. I mean we've seen Amazons strengten physical objects, and controlling the form of immaterial objects (fire) with it. I don't think it's too farfetched to assume that people can be controlled this way.
But in fact we still don't really have enough information about Haki to know if or if not this may be possible.
The way Luffy ordered the sisters to put down the statue is through a fierce and intimidating shout. He was so intent in wanting them to put down the statue, he shouted so loudly and forcefully with such an intense air of authority that the sisters felt that they had to comply. Even in real life, some people can yell at others do something, and people will do even if they hate it. These people can be leaders and commanders, they show intent in their words and let people know they want things to be done.

Luffy always let his intentions be known, he has no qualms speaking his mind and do things his way and others can only follow him. His will and intentions are so strong that once he made up his mind, people can only just follow him. This also works with his Nakama, when he decides to go to some dangerous island, bust into some dangerous situation, his Nakama hates that, but they just comply. But they comply because they trust that Luffy will get things done and assure them. They are his Nakama because they trust Luffy's way of doing things, they are assured by Luffy's powerful will.

Haki works the same in every manga I read about them, its just the extent of how far they want to show the strength of the person's Haki.

If DoFlamingo indeed uses Haki, the way I see it still involves strings or something pulling on the person he's controlling. Because he has strings tied around the person, each finger he moves with the string tied, he pulls on the person's body part with the string just slightly. But because the person is intimidated by Doflamingo, his Haki, he complies to that little bit of pulling and obeys him. He is scared of making a movement other than what Doflamingo wants. That is DoFlamingo's intention and the victim is afraid of going against it. This is how I see it will will work with Haki if its no DF.

The Haki arrows is the exactly same thing as Rayleigh's Haki sword, the intention of the wielder is extended to their weapons. Their are so strong in their will that they can let their weapons do immensely powerful feats, Blocking lightbeams, smashing rocks etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
In theory, if two people take a bite for the same fruit, they should both recieve the power.

There's no rule that says you must eat the whole fruit to gain a power, and in fact,it's actually likely that one bite would be enough.

But that's just my surmise.
Actually Oda stated on SBS that a single bite is all that is needed to gain its ability, once bitten, the rest of the fruit actually becomes useless and just a fruit that tastes badly lol

But its impossible to have 2 people get the ability from one fruit by biting at the same time. Its impossible to have 2 people bite and eat the fruit at the same exact moment. At the smallest fraction of a second, one of them has to be faster and he will get the ability while the other will just be eating a fruit.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-05-01, 04:44   Link #367
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, actually we have such a character: Kuma.

He has the paw power, and on top of it, he has Kizaru's laser. It's just a single power of Kizaru's fruit, and he only has it, because of a technical imitation, but he is already very powerful.
And IIRC we still don't have an explanation, on how his personal teleportation works (contrary to his "letting other people vanish").
yeh ur right,i mean i just think it makes sence,that in the entire world of one piece,there will be atleast one special charcter that will be able to control few powers instead of one,i mean lets say a person with a realy strong haki and his ambition instead of being the pirate king is to gather as many powers as he can....

kuma has his original paw paw ability,and he can also teleport him self or pther ppl,now about the kizaru laser beam thing i dont think the orignal kuma has that power,i think only the pacafisita can use kizaru light beam thing,the original kuma can do his own thing like he did with zorro in thriller bark arc....
Old 2009-05-01, 05:02   Link #368
nicepace

yeah I noticed something too.. The General from Thriller Bark "Graveyard" Absalom..
Hes kinda a zoan type user (even though its the mix creation by Dr. Hogback) and also a devil fruit user Suke Suke no Mi...
yes indeed hes quite powerfull enough but not quite powerfull compared to the top tier..
and hes just a pervert and little bit coward....

I think whenever/whatever people gain 1 or 2 devil fruit, its not the devil fruit itself that make him strongger...but hes strong will, the will to extent the devil fruit capability to the fullest, determination and of course experience....

just like a well trained marine with knife will be enough to owned a mere people with shot gun..
Old 2009-05-01, 06:18   Link #369
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Absalom was a zombie patched up with cougar parts, he didn't have exceptional strength or speed (just invisible lasers on him). The original Kuma cannot fire lasers and is the only one with the paw markings and the abilities that follow (his personal teleportation could be that by touching himself he repels his own molecules and disperses them through the environment and join them at another place). The rest are just Vegapunk's cyborgs, which could have a weak version of Kizaru's abilities, but then again maybe it's just good ol' lasers, I don't think it has been clarified yet.
Old 2009-05-01, 06:38   Link #370
syler321

yeh absalom was indeed just a zombie with an invisible df power....

kuma is on a hole diffrent level of power and the way he is using it.
the pacaficsta seem to have only kizaru laser beam thing only not as strong as kizaru's ones.

do u guys tihnk ay other of the straw hats crew will gain a df ability?

i mean not all of them will probably want a df ability,such as zorro who is only intrested in being the number 1 kenshin(swordman)and his not the person to take a df ability anyway....
but maybe ussoppa or franky might have a good use for a df ability,dont u guys think?
Old 2009-05-01, 07:11   Link #371
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmmm...although it isn't impossible (actually it becomes more and more probable the farther they venture into the grand line), but I'd like the crew to stay as they are, they're all as strong as they need be (also that way we skip the ridiculous power-ups that come out of the blue and throw character X on a whole new power level)
Old 2009-05-01, 07:17   Link #372
nicepace

No hes not a zooombie "He claims not to be a zombie, but in fact a human being despite looking otherwise" hehe...
yeah indeed he is a zombie...

I just want to underlined that is not only the DF that makes people stronger or eat more DF.. but the person itself.. the strong will and experience makes them stronger character..
BB much strong enough to make a scar in red hair face...just befor he is a DF user...
Zorro or dracule "Mihawk" is strong even not with a DF...

@syler321
Yeah maybe...if ODA wanted to, but I hope not for the ladies in strawhats who will get a DF ability, even though nami will be good enough be a mizu2 no mi user or something related to the wheater DF which make her become more an advanced navigator... I Just like strawhat crew the way they are right now...
Old 2009-05-01, 08:57   Link #373
syler321

yeh the straw hats are good the way they are,but a df ability is alwyas usefull in the op world..

and a weather ability for nami sounds like a really cool idea to make her a better navigator and that way she could lead them to the new world and etc...
Old 2009-05-01, 09:16   Link #374
kari-no-sugata

ULQ full raw of 541 is out. Seriously! (tends to happen after Golden Week)

All action this week
Old 2009-05-01, 09:39   Link #375
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

holy crap 541 is awesome! all hell break loose! crocodile is freaking cool with his old clothes back
Old 2009-05-01, 11:11   Link #376
james0246

Yes. I have never been so happy to be wrong before .

(There's also a great pic for the upcoming movie included in the raw I read. Pretty sweet .)

Last edited by james0246; 2009-05-01 at 11:40.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:40   Link #377
Umaibo

541 is soooooo good. OMG.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:45   Link #378
Wargumm1i
Hentai

spoiler please.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:47   Link #379
james0246

^You are going to have to wait for the 541 thread for a spoiler.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:50   Link #380
Umaibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^You are going to have to wait for the 541 thread for a spoiler.
Exactly. :D
Closed Thread