AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-01-20, 14:29   Link #481
June 1983

The Miotsukushi-hen ending depresses me.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 15:09   Link #482
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Spoiler for Miotsukushi-hen:
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 15:26   Link #483
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

"True end" not true end there's a difference

As for what happens it very simple...

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-01-20, 16:22   Link #484
TigerII
Pilot in Training

That it? Quite light compaired to some of the others.

But how does a ..well you know end up.

So what is the end then? this whole series has me confused. I mean, does it ever end or will it just go on forever.
Old 2008-01-20, 16:24   Link #485
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
That it? Quite light compaired to some of the others.

But how does a ..well you know end up.

So what is the end then? this whole series has me confused. I mean, does it ever end or will it just go on forever.
Please have a look in the PS2 game thread.
There are much more detailed differences between Matsuribayashi and Miotsukushi. That said, the answers were already given, and this thread doesn't fill the purpose of spoiler fest.
Old 2008-01-20, 16:52   Link #486
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Sorry I asked, I have already been through that thread and it doesn't answer my last part. Eh, this is one of those you have to play the games to understand anything. Guess I will always be left out of this circle.
Old 2008-01-20, 18:43   Link #487
June 1983

You keep asking that question over and over again. I think the fact that no one has answered it yet should tell you something ... we don't really know, but there's not really any reason to believe it does. Miotsukushi-hen is supposed to take place INSTEAD of Matsuribayashi-hen, so it doesn't really enter into that question at all. The only story we really have which follows up the "end" of the series is Saikoroshi-hen, and there's nothing about that story that indicates what you are asking about, because the whole thing is supposed to just be a dream. So why would you think it keeps going on forever? There's absolutely no evidence of that. If we take Umineko into account, it looks like the game that was being played in Higurashi has played itself out and those who were playing (if that's what really happened) are bored with it and have moved onto new pursuits. Just because there is a third season of Higurashi does not mean that the good ending was false. It just means there may be more to tell.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 19:41   Link #488
Rias

The difference between Miotsukushi-hen and Matsurubayashi-hen is simple. Miotsukushi-hen was originally created to address elements that Matsuribayashi-hen did not address, and Matsuribayashi-hen has elements that Miotsukushi-hen (pre Kakera-Asobi) didn't address. If you think about what every other arc has but Matsuribayashi-hen didn't have, you can probably guess what the story is like. The role of Hanyuu is different since the screenwriter probably misinterperted the scene in Minagoroshi-hen, which also leads in a different ending.

As to if Miotsukushi-hen will be in 3rd season or not, just rememeber this. Until there's actual infomation about what WILL be in 3rd season, everything is just speculation. The only info that was gave out was, "3rd season has been planned". Nothing more.
Old 2008-01-20, 20:02   Link #489
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, i had hoped it would end with two. I I really didn't care about the difference between those two arcs.

And I came up with the idea that it was never ending because it seems when one game ends, they make a new game with more arcs.

My overall question was at this moment is the entire story over or still ongoing. Some have said there is the true ending, which I don't even know what that was, but then someone else said that wasn't the true ending.

For someone who has only watched the anime, do you not see where I am getting my confusion? But now I am at the point where it has gone on so much, and I know so little because I havn't played the games or read anything from any scripts, I am just going to drop this story since it has so much information and is overhwelming.

Anyways, sorry for everones time. Last post.
Old 2008-01-21, 19:47   Link #490
EoT
~~

I just finished watching a 26 episode series named Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. Is there a second season?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 20:09   Link #491
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
I just finished watching a 26 episode series named Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. Is there a second season?
You are a bit confusing here.
The first season is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, which is spanned for 26 episodes
The second season is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, which was done with 24 episodes.

Whichever did you watch? I would say the first one considering your question.
Old 2008-01-22, 12:42   Link #492
TakezoSama

Send a message via MSN to TakezoSama
Man, I just finished watching Higurashi Kai and man, I feel... kinda confused O___O

Takano was afflicted by the Hinamizawa syndrome too, right? But even though she was under severe stress, didn`t she take a shot to prevent the disease? Also, I didn`t understand the after-ending animation. Was that a parallel world for Takano?

Also, why the hell does no one gets bothered by Hanyuu`s horns? xD

One last question: I don`t know if I missed it on the series, but how did Rika noticed Hanyuu`s presence, and when was it? At the entire season 1 she was always by Rika`s side, right?
TakezoSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 12:48   Link #493
Rayneing
Trombe!

Takano never needed to take a shot, she wasn't under mental stress until the final arc. And besides, it doesn't prevent the disease, only calms it down.

Rika has been able to see Hanyuu since she was born.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 15:20   Link #494
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Also, I didn`t understand the after-ending animation. Was that a parallel world for Takano?
Indeed. More will be explained on the third season.

Quote:
Also, why the hell does no one gets bothered by Hanyuu`s horns? xD
It is interesting that you mention it In the game the only one to bring it up was Takano herself , when Hanyuu tripped and ended falling off the cliff. This event,and the fact that she called Hanyuu a monster(because of the horns) triggered Hanyuu's memories on the events of Minagoroshi-hen (instead of just hearing her voice and her name)

Quote:

One last question: I don`t know if I missed it on the series, but how did Rika noticed Hanyuu`s presence, and when was it? At the entire season 1 she was always by Rika`s side, right?
It is said that after the Furude bloodline has an 'x' consecutive number of female heir's, that x female heir will become the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama. In reality she will gain enough spiritual awareness to detect Hanyuu's presence
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:21   Link #495
shadowdragon167

Many, many questions ahead.

Spoiler for Hinamizawa Syndrome:

Spoiler for Hanyuu:

Spoiler for Also about Hanyuu:
shadowdragon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 17:12   Link #496
Proto

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-22, 17:27   Link #497
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Spoiler:
I should really upload that...

Ace seems to be a little ticked off that I haven't yet

It will come soon

Ouka-sama forgive me
Old 2008-01-22, 17:30   Link #498
Proto

I'll even rep you for that post so that you feel more compelled to upload it
Old 2008-01-22, 17:37   Link #499
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I just need to find it...

one of the bad points of having six different computers
Old 2008-01-22, 19:19   Link #500
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You are a bit confusing here.
The first season is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, which is spanned for 26 episodes
The second season is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, which was done with 24 episodes.

Whichever did you watch? I would say the first one considering your question.
It would seem I watched the first season. The series I downloaded seems to of been mistitled. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote