AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 14:58   Link #781
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyidiot78 View Post
Vivio, Nanoha, deici- Gundam Seed
Lacus finds Deici in the plants and takes the girl in. Deici stays initially because she has no where else and thinks that she is an evil pink haired mage who can destroy her. (shout out to Nanya who gave deici a pink phobia in his stories) Deici becomes Lacus's protector and stays with her. Meanwhile Vivio and Nanoha wind up on the archangel managing to keep magic under the radar and run into lacus and deici on the archangel. Lacus remains on the archangel instead of returning since deici can't come with her. The increasing violence pushes nanoha over the edge and she begins to protect the ship to keep her daughter safe. She along with dieici who now has her cannon back leave the ship to help fight off zaft during renetry shocking everyone. (basically the idea is for the gundam girl to actually end up in a gundam show) While this is going on Vivio is also training in and culminates in her using the saint kaizer mode to shield the ship. Vivio will eventually block the genesis cannon using adult mode and olive's old device.
O_O

Seriously?

Spreading the Pink Phobia to the gundam timelines...

I think the people of PLANTs will be very scared of Lacus Pink hair very fast that the Eternal will be painted into a different color.

The most scary part of that thought... is that I like it.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 17:10   Link #782
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsLair's Fraggle View Post
Right, I need some input on some characterization for my crossover fic Fate/Night Sky

I recently had a rather interesting idea: In canon Regius Gaiz dislikes Yagami Hayate because of her past, namely the BoD incident that ended up making her a powerful mage at the cost of countless innocent lives. Because of that he is rather antagonistic against her and Section 6, which he also dislikes because of the TSAB Navy's support.
Minor nitpick, nobody died during the BoD incident. Regius dislikes her because she has a criminal record period (which she got because Hayate voluntarily shouldered part of the blame for what the Wolkies did).

He's rather rigid in that way. And it's sort of understandable. As a ground force mage, he has less powerful resources to draw on as most powerful mages tend to go to the navy. Plus, as a non-mage he already has a harder time climbing the ladder while he has to watch powerful mages getting ranks handed out like candy. And then he finds out one of those mages is a former criminal? And gets a special unit funded and authorized by the three admirals?

Yeah, I can kind of see why that'd tick him off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsLair's Fraggle View Post
In F/NS Yagami Hayate is a normal human mage, after realizing that her potential as a battle mage is rather limited, decides to go into command because that is something she excels in. Even more; this Hayate, having grown up in a large foster family, is rather ambitious but also has a strong moral code and has some serious doubts about some of the TSAB's military works. Things such as the use of manpower and the distribution of resource are mostly routed towards the Navy, leaving the ground forces rather understaffed and underpowered while their workload is slowly increasing with one incident after another.

Dare I say that these two might somewhat end up as mentor and student?
Yes, I can certainly see that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 15:36   Link #783
Sunder the Gold

What are *your* ground forces? The local forces on Midchilda, who are never deployed off-world, or the infantry of the TSAB, which is deployed to other worlds?

If it's the first, then obviously the Navy needs the most and best stuff, since they have to go everywhere, be everywhere, and face anything. First response, initial defense, and front lines.

If it's the second, why the hell arent the ground forces just a branch of the navy? Considering that Midchilda was a space-faring civilization BEFORE the TSAB was founded and organized.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:41   Link #784
BeastsLair's Fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
What are *your* ground forces? The local forces on Midchilda, who are never deployed off-world, or the infantry of the TSAB, which is deployed to other worlds?

If it's the first, then obviously the Navy needs the most and best stuff, since they have to go everywhere, be everywhere, and face anything. First response, initial defense, and front lines.

If it's the second, why the hell aren't the ground forces just a branch of the navy? Considering that Midchilda was a space-faring civilization BEFORE the TSAB was founded and organized.

Hmm....

I always had this image that the Ground forces consists of several components. You have the stationary units: enforcement, Defence and the logistics that accompanies those. They also assist with other groups such as rescue squads in the case of disasters( as with the airport fire). Aside from each Administrated planet's own forces there's a branch that acts relatively comparable to a nations infantry, deployed on other worlds when the TSAB has no other option to maintain order, or when requested by the government of a planet in order to maintain order.

Most likely each world's military force was absorbed into a single machinery during the formation of the TSAB. After all, with a history of warfare it seems logical that those worlds already had a military standing even before the TSAB was founded.

The TSAB Navy seems to act as a whole different organ, tasked with both maintaining order in space and the Dimensional sea. From what I guess they tend to rely on their ability to reach the site of an incident quickly, before using their high rank mages to cut most problems in the bud. The Navy's branch of investigators acts pretty much as the national services in contrast to the ground forces local enforcement, taking jurisdiction when it looks like a investigation leads off-world.

Do not expect the Navy to participate in long-term missions, compared to the Ground forces they lack the required logistic troops to enforce their might for a long period. Their gameplan is to swoop in, get a good look, do their job and finish up, preferably in less then a few weeks.

Long term peace missions are not their thing, thats ground forces stuff.

Of course, the problem for the ground forces is that, while both do a good job, the Navy's result are much more in the media. After all; safeguarding a world or having a peace-keeping mission on another world is wonderful but doesn't make very interesting news. A sudden raid on a forbidden research lab on the other hand, thats news! And because the Navy is made up of such high level mages it doesn't take long before their names become well-known, spreading the image of the Navy as the "modern, world-changing job" while the Ground forces's hard but less known work goes without attention because they don't have high-rank mages for most of their work.

I mean, just look at them: Noble Enforcers, Heropic Aces and the lot : traveling on spaceships as brave Navy members go boldly as they protect the law in space , hunt down interplanetary criminals and discover strange new worlds and civilizations.

Meanwhile the ground forces are.... pretty much going nowhere. They do their jobs, and pretty well, but.... there's no action that draws your teenage mage who is looking for a calling. The Navy might not have desired their popularity but as a result they are getting both a lot of support and young volunteers from the people of the TSAB. Meanwhile the Ground forces can only look on as the cycle continues: Highly qualified mages join the Navy, which can continue to impress, which increases their popularity.

Everyone wants to be a jet fighter-pilot, but who wants to be a cop?
BeastsLair's Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:10   Link #785
Lycodrake

Fate ended up being a detective, which is really close to being a cop. XP
Old 2012-11-11, 19:16   Link #786
Justin_Brett

Detectives are like super-cops, though. The best of the best.

I think Regius teaching Hayate stuff would be neat, and kind of nice after how he ended up in StrikerS.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:43   Link #787
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Will Hayate be like Regius though?
Old 2012-11-11, 20:14   Link #788
BeastsLair's Fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
Fate ended up being a detective, which is really close to being a cop. XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Detectives are like super-cops, though. The best of the best.
Yep, you will never see Fate testerossa pull you over because you were speeding.....which is a shame :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I think Regius teaching Hayate stuff would be neat, and kind of nice after how he ended up in StrikerS.
Mediocre battlemage from a backwater planet working herself up the ladder trough sheer skill? Declining an "easy job at the Navy" because she doesn't want to make use of Lindy's generosity?

I'd say he has high hopes for her. Hayate and Auris Gaiz might end up getting along rather well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Will Hayate be like Regius though?
Hayate might be swayed towards his arguments, but with Nanoha and Fate as her childhood-friends she might keep an more open mind.
Old 2012-11-11, 20:20   Link #789
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Fortunately he's not going to be harsh on her. New problem is if the TSAB will fly towards Fuyuki...
Old 2012-11-11, 21:43   Link #790
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
If it's the second, why the hell arent the ground forces just a branch of the navy? Considering that Midchilda was a space-faring civilization BEFORE the TSAB was founded and organized.
The way I see it, every planet would be expected to have its own defensive force. Kinda like the PDF from 40K - hold the line while desperately praying to the God-Emperor, err, Sankt Kaiser that the Guard get there before they're all dead.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 19:56   Link #791
Sunder the Gold

Still, the Air Forces should logically be a branch of either the local, planetary defense force, or the federal, interstellar defense force.

And if, for some reason, the planetary forces are divided into Air Force and Ground Force, then we ought to have Gaius' counterpart: a character who heads the Air Forces on Midchilda.

Logically, that would be his immediate rival, more so than the Navy.
Old 2012-11-13, 20:17   Link #792
BeastsLair's Fraggle

Quote:
Still, the Air Forces should logically be a branch of either the local, planetary defense force, or the federal, interstellar defense force.

And if, for some reason, the planetary forces are divided into Air Force and Ground Force, then we ought to have Gaius' counterpart: a character who heads the Air Forces on Midchilda.

From the looks of it the traditional "Air force" branch was absorbed by both the Ground forces and Navy, but with the Navy's ability to draw high level mages into its folds the ground forces have been in decline on that front.

From what I see the TSAB Navy doesn't have a commander who can act like a counterpart to Gaius, most likely because there isn't a dedicated Navy unit for Mid-childa itself. From the large amount of Admirals the Navy has it's logical to assume that there is something of a board that runs the fleet from TSAB headquarters, and has a less rigid command structure then the Ground Force.

Did Lindy ever report to a superior officer during Nanoha and A's?
Old 2012-11-13, 22:11   Link #793
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Nah, I think she was the superior officer...
Old 2012-11-14, 01:38   Link #794
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

At the very least he can work together with the air force. The navy however, is gone and leaves everything up to him.

Yes, the navy might need them more statistically, but emotions rarely operate on statistics. Regius sees people die because he lacks the resources to properly deal with powerful criminals. The navy is the branch which gets most of those resources. Hence, frustration.

But his dislike with Hayate isn't just "the navy steals powerful mages," it's also "why do hell do powerful mages get such preferential treatment?" "how the hell did they found such a unit in my ground force under my nose" and "why the hell did they put a criminal in charge of such a powerful unit?"
Old 2012-11-14, 18:10   Link #795
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
At the very least he can work together with the air force. The navy however, is gone and leaves everything up to him.

Yes, the navy might need them more statistically, but emotions rarely operate on statistics. Regius sees people die because he lacks the resources to properly deal with powerful criminals. The navy is the branch which gets most of those resources. Hence, frustration.

But his dislike with Hayate isn't just "the navy steals powerful mages," it's also "why do hell do powerful mages get such preferential treatment?" "how the hell did they found such a unit in my ground force under my nose" and "why the hell did they put a criminal in charge of such a powerful unit?"
Is his dislike more of: "She's a criminal for years and got a shortcut to victory while I was building up influence for years"
Old 2012-11-14, 18:28   Link #796
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A shortcut to victory with powerful navy backing. The navy part was specifically mentioned to be a touchy subject.
Old 2012-11-14, 19:30   Link #797
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Lol i can see why he was angry
Old 2012-11-23, 10:15   Link #798
Sunder the Gold

So, who knows about the Accel World anime? (Which one can view for free on the Hulu website.)

Nanoha is born in the year when parents customarily install "Neuro Linker" ports in their children at birth. This allows them to equip tiny, mobile computers around their necks, which provide augmented sensory images (a Head's Up Display -HUD- and Guided User Interface -GUI-) as well as easy access to the internet and the ability to divert their consciousnesses into virtual reality worlds.

Nanoha herself prefers a magical girl avatar, with a frilly white dress and a magical wand. She also loves bullet-hell games -- an immersive, Touhou/Ikaruga-esque series of VR worlds, as well as various sharp-shooter challenges.

Then, one day in a communal VR environment, she runs across a boy with a ferret avatar. He's trying to run and hide from other users, claiming that they want to steal something precious from him. With quick thinking and familiarity with the surroundings and games, Nanoha keeps him safe.

The boy, Yuuno, is impressed with her ability, and makes her an offer. He'll give her his one and only chance to download-share a special game called "Brain Burst"; a game unlike anything she's ever known. In exchange for that, his mentorship in the game's rules, and a special Rare Item, Yuuno would like her to help him out for a while.

Nanoha agrees, and so enters the Accelerated World.

Welcome, Pink Devil.

I'm only on the 14th episode of the 24-episode series, and much of the character-specialization rules are undefined. But having a Red avatar signifies long-range firepower. I don't know what White signifies, but Nanoha might have an avatar who falls between the Red and White spectrums, resulting in a Pink avatar.

It's a mechanical pink avatar, of course, like all other Burst Linkers. Moreover, it's a cute little mecha-girl with a REALLY BIG GUN. A Rare Item gun that a starting character would normally never have.

See, Yuuno isn't your normal Burst Linker. He's not actually much of a fighter or competitor at all, and he never would have reached Level 4 if not for the encouragement and help of his own mentor/master.

But he's fascinated with the mystery behind the secretive Brain Burst program. In addition to studying the code as much as he can, and trying to pierce the black box programming without triggering a defensive Uninstall, Yuuno relentlessly searches the Unlimited World environment for clues.

His searching hasn't yielded much in the way of answers, but he's discovered a number of hidden Rare Items of particular power. Unfortunately, he's also garnered a reputation for doing so, as his discoveries have drawn greedy attention.

Which is doubly unfortunate, because he seems to have stumbled across the Accelerated World's equivalent of a Doom's Day item, and other players WANT IT. Yuuno can't even count on his own Legion, anymore, which is why he needs to turn to outside help.

Nanoha herself would share her one copy of the program with Arisa, who in turns shares it with Suzuka. Since the three of them were already friends in real life, and since the experience gap between them would be extremely short, none of them would have the typical Sempai/Kohai, Master/Protege relationship with each other that Brain Bursters would normally have.

The relationship between Nanoha and Yuuno would turn out much like in the anime, since each of them wants different things out of this special world, and Nanoha quickly surpasses anything that Yuuno can teach her about the conventional, fight-game aspects of the Accelerated World, and Yuuno acknowledges this.

So the four of them would behave like equals, except when differing to Yuuno's greater knowledge and experience with the society of the Accelerated World.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2012-11-23 at 21:50.
Old 2012-11-23, 20:12   Link #799
Lycodrake

Certainly could be an interesting crossover; and with the color system, Yuuno would fit "Green" rather well. "Pink" makes sense for Nanoha - for obvious reasons and with Red = long-range.
I forget if it's Arisa or Suzuka who has a gunblade in Innocent, but that would, to me, fall under "Purple".

Not much else to say on it, though, sadly.
Old 2012-11-23, 20:16   Link #800
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Arisa's the one with the gunblade in Innocent.