AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-11-06, 19:22   Link #41
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
This was a phenomenal episode,so glad Obito was defeated and the beasts saved.Naruto is the greatest manga in history.Only other manga that comes close is 'the Guyver' unfortunately it was too hardcore and didn't last.
Now Madara can be shone the light. True evil can only exist in the shadows.
Guyver is still ongoing volume 30 was released ( http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eptember-23-29 ) in September at number 33 with 35,000 copies sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
What was the point of Madara letting Obito get the 10 tails. Unless his plan is to get all the tail beasts out of the statue and Obito so he can control Obito have him kill him self and then get revived.

Also not sure if anyone noticed but *Spoilers* Obito really likes Rin.
Madara didn't let Obito get the 10 tails, Obito beat Madara too getting the 10 tails.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-11-06 at 19:31. Reason: double post
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 20:27   Link #42
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
One of my major complaints was that Kishimoto always ran away from real conflicts: Naruto as a revolutionary who seeks justice and peace for all going against the kages and villages. Right now we see that the tailed beasts are free, just as promised by Naruto. In this situation obviously the kages/leaders should try to make them slaves of the villages again because that's how they were always thinking. Which means Naruto should now go against the will of these kages even if it means using not only his talk-no-jutsu but real jutsu too. Unfortunately Kishimoto usually runs away from such conflicts, and now he can run away by activating Madara who didn't do shit until now. As much as i would like to see a badass "just as planned" Madara i also would like to see Naruto actually overruling the kages.

In this chapter i was reminded again that Kishimoto didn't have the balls to let Obito really test if Naruto is mentally stronger than he was. I mean Obito should have killed both Hinata and Sakura, since Naruto was so cocky with Obito in these last 2 chapters he should have experienced the same pain in this war. I was expecting it to happen because the girls can be killed easily if later Obito or someone else with the rinnegan revives them.
But to be fair, Naruto already "passed" that test in a sense. When pain killed Hinata, Naruto still maintained his optimistic view. He was standing in front of the guy who just killed Hinata/kakashi/Other-friends as well as Jiraya (arguably the closet person to naruto), and yet Naruto didn't lose his mind in blood-lust revenge. And at that point he did not know that Pain could revive them all.

But I agree that the plot seems weak the way Obito was so easily convinced. He needed to see what pain saw (namely that killing naruto's close ones does not warp him).
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 21:08   Link #43
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
But to be fair, Naruto already "passed" that test in a sense. When pain killed Hinata, Naruto still maintained his optimistic view. He was standing in front of the guy who just killed Hinata/kakashi/Other-friends as well as Jiraya (arguably the closet person to naruto), and yet Naruto didn't lose his mind in blood-lust revenge.
I'd argue that that particular situation depends on how you view it. Because on one hand, he did kind of lose his mind for a moment in blood-lust revenge when he let Kurama take over. Had Minato not intervened and helped Naruto regain control and settle down, things could've easily ended very differently IMO. It's kind of similar to how Hinata slapped Naruto out of almost making a bad decision not too long ago when Neji died.

One of the reoccurring differences being highlighted between these two (Obito and Naruto) is that Naruto appears to have more support--people who will quickly steer him back on track if he's about to stray off the righteous path.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 22:47   Link #44
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'd argue that that particular situation depends on how you view it. Because on one hand, he did kind of lose his mind for a moment in blood-lust revenge when he let Kurama take over. Had Minato not intervened and helped Naruto regain control and settle down, things could've easily ended very differently IMO. It's kind of similar to how Hinata slapped Naruto out of almost making a bad decision not too long ago when Neji died.

One of the reoccurring differences being highlighted between these two (Obito and Naruto) is that Naruto appears to have more support--people who will quickly steer him back on track if he's about to stray off the righteous path.
Thats true, but the initial psycho reaction after seeing them die understandable. No one would blame obito for going berserk when he saw kakashi killing Rin. It's the long-lasting hatred that were talking about. Kyuubi berserk mode occurs when naruto is overwhelmed by emotions (eg when haku almost killed sasuke, vs oro in the forest etc). Minato saving him in that situation is not really that big a deal. Its the fact that after he regained his senses, Naruto was his old self pretty fast.

But you are right in saying that Naruto has more support than Obito did. Obito got found by Madara ... possibly the worst moral mentor ever.

Last edited by Cookie-Monster; 2013-11-06 at 23:35.
Old 2013-11-06, 23:05   Link #45
darkmanure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic Shampoo View Post
ugh...how far this manga has fallen, huh.
Fallen the moment Tobi was revealed as Obito. It has nowhere to go but up with him out of the picture.
darkmanure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 23:32   Link #46
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In this chapter i was reminded again that Kishimoto didn't have the balls to let Obito really test if Naruto is mentally stronger than he was. I mean Obito should have killed both Hinata and Sakura, since Naruto was so cocky with Obito in these last 2 chapters he should have experienced the same pain in this war. I was expecting it to happen because the girls can be killed easily if later Obito or someone else with the rinnegan revives them.
Hinata already died once in front of Naruto. And anyway Naruto doesn't love her but Sakura. I admit I would have liked to see Naruto's reaction upon seeing Sakura gravely injured, or Naruto thought she was dead. I don't think he would have much understanding for Obito then.
Old 2013-11-07, 01:10   Link #47
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
in the present day he himself told kakashi that he discovered the truth about that incident.
the truth obito thinks he knows isn't the whole truth. he knows rin was a jinchuuriki, but he doesn't know madara set it all up. we should get the missing piece of the puzzle when kishi finally decides to explain what happened to spiral zetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
But to be fair, Naruto already "passed" that test in a sense. When pain killed Hinata, Naruto still maintained his optimistic view. He was standing in front of the guy who just killed Hinata/kakashi/Other-friends as well as Jiraya (arguably the closet person to naruto), and yet Naruto didn't lose his mind in blood-lust revenge. And at that point he did not know that Pain could revive them all.
naruto passed the test with an asterisk. obviously kishi had already decided nagato would revive everyone. so when he wrote naruto allowing nagato to do as he pleased, he knew that naruto wouldn't have to face the consequences of his actions. if kakashi, hinata, etc... stayed dead (and yes i know hinata didnt even actually die for some idiotic reason) then naruto letting nagato leave would have been a very big deal and also ... dundundun... interesting and thoughtful writing
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 03:07   Link #48
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
He's dead now that the Juubi was extracted.
Wait a minute, that's right.

Obito is no Uzumaki, so how did he survive not 1, but 7.3 beasts? (.03 cause, y'know, a tentacle and part of kinkaku and ginkaku shouldn't count as 1 beast each!)

Another thing, Naruto was just doing the tug of war with Obito right? Like he did with Kyuubi? So... should he not just be able to control Juubi's chakra instead of having them all separate?

I mean, maybe I'm missing something. Or at lot of things.
Old 2013-11-07, 04:06   Link #49
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
This was a phenomenal episode,so glad Obito was defeated and the beasts saved.Naruto is the greatest manga in history.Only other manga that comes close is 'the Guyver' unfortunately it was too hardcore and didn't last.
Now Madara can be shone the light. True evil can only exist in the shadows.
Oh come on... that's ridiculous.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 04:53   Link #50
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeisinteresting View Post
worse than emosuke?
yes worst... emosuke didn't use love toward a girl as a reason to kill
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:03   Link #51
Monster0

[QUOTE=Ushio the Omega;4899439]Guyver is still ongoing volume 30 was released ( http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eptember-23-29 ) in September at number 33 with 35,000 copies sold.

I appreciate your efforts but reissues don't count for me.The original Guyver series was cut short in 1997.I predict a similar fate for when Masashi Kishimoto stops writing Naruto(same thing happened to DragonBall after it ends with Cell).New writers and artist will take over to continue the series.This isn't a bad thing necessarily because Guyver could use a proper ending,and i liked the end for DragonBalls GT.So maybe a fresh crew for Naruto might be what is needed to bring back Naruto for some fans.

A conversation with a Manga editor is one sided"you keep drawing or get replaced,we own your title."

I get the feeling that people assume that Obito is of sound mind,that's crazy.

Last edited by Monster0; 2013-11-07 at 07:37.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 16:07   Link #52
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Yes, he was always helped in crucial moments when Obito was all alone, or even worse: Madara was there to tell him all his shit.
One thing was that Minato helped Naruto back to his senses, but more importantly when he got out of the huge rock he immediately got the information from Katsuyu that Hinata and others are alive. So after that when he faced Pain for the last time he already knew that Hinata is alive. Also Hinata can't be compared to Rin, i would say Rin was to Obito like Hinata and Sakura together are for Naruto.

But anyway it's not a fair comparison according to Tobirama, he said that Uchiha go crazy when they experience such things
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 16:43   Link #53
tetsuo69

the anime was bad since ep 98sh but now the manga is up there with the anime.
this should be ended or canceled. its just sad how I loved naruto at the beginning but now I hate it so much.
Old 2013-11-07, 17:41   Link #54
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
the anime was bad since ep 98sh but now the manga is up there with the anime.
this should be ended or canceled. its just sad how I loved naruto at the beginning but now I hate it so much.
It went down in quality, but still enjoyable to watch/read, so personally i'm glad it didn't end ^^
Old 2013-11-07, 17:45   Link #55
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But isn't this also part of the lesson:
Naruto isn't alone. He has the support to bring him back on his track when he is about to make a wrong decision, while Obito is all alone.
Didn't I say that in the next paragraph?
Quote:
Also Hinata can't be compared to Rin, i would say Rin was to Obito like Hinata and Sakura together are for Naruto.
I agree. I wasn't neccessarily trying to compare Hinata to Rin so much as I was just trying to highlight an instance where yet another member of his support group helped set him straight at a moment when he was about to make the wrong choice.
Quote:
But anyway it's not a fair comparison according to Tobirama, he said that Uchiha go crazy when they experience such things
Yeah. It's like Kishi tried to absolve some of these Uchiha's for some of the blame by pushing the underlying cause onto an inherent psychological condition. Still not sure how I feel about that. lol
Good point though.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-11-07 at 17:57.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 17:45   Link #56
Monster0

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Oh come on... that's ridiculous.
It's ridiculous to believe everyone has the same opinion.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-11-08 at 19:16.
Old 2013-11-07, 19:03   Link #57
Spelt

Am I the only one that's actually enjoying the manga at the moment?
Old 2013-11-07, 20:00   Link #58
Monster0

I'm enjoying Naruto very much right now.But this forum might be for people not enjoying it.Every so often people get angry and call me names and i've never said anything negative toward anyone.
Old 2013-11-08, 00:44   Link #59
HasuMasu
*Artist

I like it well enough, but I do agree with most people that there was a decline when Tobi was revealed as Obito.
Old 2013-11-08, 09:31   Link #60
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I think they're already under the genjitsu. Since he was fighting Madara, he was "in the eye of the storm" so to speak and has fallen under it before the others.

The supposed idea of the genjitsu is that reality goes away and you live in your own dream world yes? So Madara would be with Rin living his dream life, etc, etc, but Naruto's shtick is to never give up. So he'd probably still be fighting Madara. Sure his dream is to be Hokage, but he would notice he was fighting Madara moments ago.

Technically he doesn't have full control of the Kyuubi because his dad has 1/2 of it, so the Kyuubi couldn't wake him from any genjitsu like Bees Biiju can. Plus it' no ordinary gensjitsu anyway.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion