3 out of 10: Bad... 2 3.45%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 1.72%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-07, 02:10   Link #81
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The problem is that the majority of people don't change their mindsets from an initial impression of a character.
It really depends on the changes that they see in that character.

To use Flay from SEED as an extreme example:
Spoiler for SEED:

If Emily could show that she can be less annoying soon and perhaps (more importantly) do something more useful, I think most people could overlook her role in this very early part of the show.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:20   Link #82
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
It really depends on the changes that they see in that character.
The problem is: We're barely at the apex of this story, her tendencies are just showing up. Abrupt changes are too steep to comprehend if they were executed.

I agree with Fllay's case though, even though she is my favorite, I can't help but say how much more they can do with her character after she returned to the EA.

I say Emily gets unwarranted hate, because unlike Fllay, whose wish was simply sadistic(yes I can admit that), she actually wanted to return flit back to normal childhood. I actually see Emily as just being worried, ala Lacus in ep13 of Destiny, only magnified.
Old 2011-11-07, 02:24   Link #83
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I say Emily gets unwarranted hate, because unlike Fllay, whose wish was simply sadistic(yes I can admit that), she actually wanted to return flit back to normal childhood. I actually see Emily as just being worried, ala Lacus in ep13 of Destiny, only magnified.
Yep, and I was actually surprised when you compared Emily to Flay earlier in this thread. I get that she can be annoying but I didn't think that people were actually hating on her.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:28   Link #84
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yep, and I was actually surprised when you compared Emily to Flay earlier in this thread. I get that she can be annoying but I didn't think that people were actually hating on her.
Not really here though, it's more of the streaming audience of Youtube. Man, I wish people actually watch SEED instead of blurting out randomness. And besides, i do make wrong impressions though. At first watch I did strike the parallelism to Fllay, but after watching it carefully again, It was more of Lacus worrying x 10 or something.

Anyways, not to delve into more Emily... Now we have Decile, who's probably the youngest Ace pilot in Gundam. Now we know there's some weight to that card spoiler, How many eps tops will they find out that he pilots the Zedas?
Old 2011-11-07, 02:37   Link #85
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Deisel is young, but the voice sounded like he was born a few months earlier to me somehow. At least he can fly a gundam I suppose.

Grudek?! Since when have you heeded little girls?
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:39   Link #86
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Grudek?! Since when have you heeded little girls?
Since
Spoiler for Reveal:

*flees*
Old 2011-11-07, 02:41   Link #87
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Deisel is young, but the voice sounded like he was born a few months earlier to me somehow. At least he can fly a gundam I suppose.
For Nena and Ali's lovechild, Decil should've had Rie Kugimiya's voice. But we get EvilFeldt! instead.
Old 2011-11-07, 03:13   Link #88
Chase

It was an okay episode i guess. Emily is determined i see to get flit out of that gundam.lol. I don't really mind it, its understandable where she's coming from.....i guess. I lol at the Decil let me show you how to do this moment when he took the gundam and piloted it like nobodies business.I don't have much to say about this week's episode. The episode just flew by for me, i don't know if that was a good or bad thing in this case. I usually watch any gundam episode at least 2 or 3 time before the next episode but i have no desire to do so with this episode for some reason.

Overall:6/10
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 03:31   Link #89
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Anyways, not to delve into more Emily... Now we have Decile, who's probably the youngest Ace pilot in Gundam. Now we know there's some weight to that card spoiler, How many eps tops will they find out that he pilots the Zedas?
Few more episodes I guess, since its Baqto and the Zakus debut next week. Probably after Diva leaves Fardain.

Desil is not just the youngest, but the greatest ace in Gundam especially if we can confirm that AGE-1 does NOT have a power seat. He deserves a better mobile suit than a Zedas and even has a vibe to be the final Char boss in the Kio's final arc, being introduced this young.
Old 2011-11-07, 05:53   Link #90
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
the pose kinda reminds me of

spoiler for screenshot size is big
Spoiler:

kinda similar....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 06:26   Link #91
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

The hate toward Emily is ridiculous. It's a nice girl who is worried about the one she loves. That's all. Her behavior is normal and I will be more than worried if she didn't think like that. What's wrong with that ? Nothing A girl who doesn't care about you fighting in a Gundam is a girl who doesn't love you. That's all.

Go Emily !

And Gundam is not only about fight. It's characters development and story. This episode did a great job in these two catagories.

Also, Gundam for kindergarden ? Doe sthat mean that I'm a stupid guy if I find the story interesting ? Btw, I think the story is more interesting than the 00's one. And at least, we doesn't have 10000 gundams everywhere.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 06:49   Link #92
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
The hate toward Emily is ridiculous. It's a nice girl who is worried about the one she loves. That's all. Her behavior is normal and I will be more than worried if she didn't think like that. What's wrong with that ? Nothing A girl who doesn't care about you fighting in a Gundam is a girl who doesn't love you. That's all.

Go Emily !

And Gundam is not only about fight. It's characters development and story. This episode did a great job in these two catagories.

Also, Gundam for kindergarden ? Doe sthat mean that I'm a stupid guy if I find the story interesting ? Btw, I think the story is more interesting than the 00's one. And at least, we doesn't have 10000 gundams everywhere.
True, I'm one of the people who don't hate Emily and find it ridiculous. People wanted the realism that Stardust Memory offered, but they don't like Emily's realism, that's just, err.. nevermind

I also find it weird when people defend Turn A that it shouldn't be judged based on its animation, but there are some people who judge Gundam Age by its animation. Well, I know you're talking about the story, but I'm just adding.

I think it's still early to judge whether Gundam Age will just have few Gundams. I think it'll eventually have many )

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 07:05   Link #93
ReddyRedWolf

If Emily carries over to the next generation as the 2nd protagonist's mother and still carries this attitude I can see a death flag for her.

The current dilemma of Flit and Emily stem from the emotion to protect. To Flit protect everyone, to Emily just Flit.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 08:15   Link #94
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Give Emily a break, she's supposed to tell the story from a reluctant kid's point of view. Not everyone is as playful as Dique, or as determined as Flit. Unless you have nothing to lose, people like Emily will choose any alternative other than war.

I suggest that we all experience war first (US -vs- China, yeah! ), then we examine her character again.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 08:54   Link #95
ReddyRedWolf

The problem is not is not Emily wanting Flit to be a civilian, given he is a weapons developer he's still involved, but the manner she does so. She goes about it behind Flit's back and that is dishonest.

It is Flit's decision ultimately and she wants to change his mind she'll have to talk to him directly.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 11:05   Link #96
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
for those who keep ranting about Feldt not piloting a Gundam in 00 s2, well here it is, with mad skillz in this ep, seiyuu jokes that is
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 11:21   Link #97
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
for those who keep ranting about Feldt not piloting a Gundam in 00 s2, well here it is, with mad skillz in this ep, seiyuu jokes that is
Spoiler for obligatory picture:

Old 2011-11-07, 11:34   Link #98
kakakka

So anyone else getting the idea that Decile might be Feldt and Setsuna's son. The red hair from Feldt's gene and Setsuna's Innovator eyes. Yeah....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:15   Link #99
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The problem is not is not Emily wanting Flit to be a civilian, given he is a weapons developer he's still involved, but the manner she does so. She goes about it behind Flit's back and that is dishonest.
Maybe not for you but most complaints seem to be "Emily needs to pipe down and go do something useful like make Flit a sandwich" not "she should try and talk to Flit directly rather then go behind his back".

Quote:
It is Flit's decision ultimately and she wants to change his mind she'll have to talk to him directly.
I agree with you the decsion is Flit's and she should talk to him about it.
I do have to give Emily credit for having guts though going and talking like that to Grodek considering the guy has stolen a warship and she is the only one who knows.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:25   Link #100
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It is a case where I disagree with a character's actions but I don't necessarily hate the character. In general, when a character's actions make sense in context, I feel they deserve more leeway and time.

Yes, from our point of view, Emily's actions are going to endanger humanity. It's bad that she wants Flit over everything else and her mind can't comprehend the big picture. But from her shoes, she will lose one of the most important people in life.

It's one of these things that happen in war. We all espouse the virtues of sacrifice for the greater good, but when it comes to us providing such sacrifice, it's not so easy anymore. And to a similar degree, if it's someone close to us there's naturally these thoughts. And we've already had a situation where Flit almost died. And thus this is the view of a kid that doesn't know any better.

But of course, if she continuously tries to impose her view on Flit, then I guess that would be a problem... but not just yet. You can't expect people to change their minds overnight. If their actions aren't justifiable within reason given the context of their character, or if they become insanely inconsistent, then I guess you could bring out torches and pitchforks.

Judging characters in a vacuum (imposing your own expectations and thoughts) upon them is bad folks! Now if you said she disrupts the story in a manner that interrupts the narrative (aka annoy), I could buy that, possibly. But even that should be given some time.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion