AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 09:04   Link #1341
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If Asuna was still a virgin then, and woke up with her lover bedside her bed.. the normal anime reaction would be...

Asuna: "Kirito-kun? Why are you"
Kirito: acting cool "Hi Asuna.." smiles
Asuna realizes she's naked, get the lamp shade and hits Kirito in the facing screeming... Kirito, hentai!!!!!
A normal anime girl wouldn't've taken the initiative of turning off the lights and taking off her clothes, let alone getting mad because the guy didn't have naughty intentions.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:24   Link #1342
Clarste
Human

Either way, if it had ended right there she wouldn't have been nearly as comfortable being naked next to him. She had to psyche herself up to undress in front of him after all.

Last edited by Clarste; 2012-09-09 at 12:28.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:56   Link #1343
prototype_sky

I wonder is japan's censorship law's are still in play and everything turned mosaic , but I guess if the creator can get away with perma death this should be possible
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 12:35   Link #1344
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I wonder is japan's censorship law's are still in play and everything turned mosaic , but I guess if the creator can get away with perma death this should be possible
My understanding is that mosaics aren't required, but there's greater restriction on what can be shown on TV. Should be interesting next year when Aku no Hana comes out -- there are a couple scenes in there with minors doing things that are just ...
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:30   Link #1345
lightbringer
M9000

There's gonna be an Aku no Hana anime? Seriously? That story is so wrong on so many levels... me want

@Wild Goose: but in a sense there's a reset of sorts, thanks to Asuna's really reduced role in ALO and GGO
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:38   Link #1346
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
but in a sense there's a reset of sorts, thanks to Asuna's really reduced role in ALO and GGO
In what sense? Even after ALO and GGO they're still dating, right? And by volume 10 they must be closer than ever for Yui to drop lines like this one:

Spoiler for volume 10:

Reset.... yeah no I don't think so.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-09 at 15:51.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:38   Link #1347
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
A normal anime girl wouldn't've taken the initiative of turning off the lights and taking off her clothes, let alone getting mad because the guy didn't have naughty intentions.
We're at the ending of the supposed act" and not in the start of it...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:44   Link #1348
lightbringer
M9000

In the sense of "there is no progress, author has decided to have Asuna take a back seat and spotlight Kirito's relationships with other girls instead" - he even apologizes for this himself . It may not be a reset, strictly speaking, but the effect is kind of like a reset. Like an omnibus adaptation of a VN, "girl of the week" format. And yes, it does not change the fact that Kirito/Asuna are the one true pairing of SAO - I'm not out to dispute that (nor do I care, though they make a good couple as far as I'm concerned).
Old 2012-09-09, 16:51   Link #1349
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
In the sense of "there is no progress, author has decided to have Asuna take a back seat and spotlight Kirito's relationships with other girls instead" ...
You got a point... but for me, the author might want another "big" struggle for the two to ran into... I will expect that the adaptation of ALO will have more emotional impact than SAO.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:55   Link #1350
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
But yeah it was obvious for those who were looking for it. And subtleties are what makes SAO fun to read and watch no? So A-1 did a great job managing to cram a lot of development into 20 minutes while making it not feel rushed at all.
Ultimately leaving it up to the viewer's imagination is probably the best thing they could've done. And they did just that. For me, it happened for sure, 100%, no questions asked. For Sumeragi, it did not. Everyone ought to be happy with this
Old 2012-09-09, 16:57   Link #1351
Sumeragi
Banned

Nope, I'm not happen given my preference, as GenjiChan should know.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:58   Link #1352
Kazu-kun

Quote:
In the sense of "there is no progress, author has decided to have Asuna take a back seat and spotlight Kirito's relationships with other girls instead"
Well, the spotlight is for the adventures, since this story was never an actual romance to begin with. Kirito and Asuna surely have their romantic progress off-screen. Of that we can be sure because the later volume clearly tells us how close they are.

But this is not a reset, it's just the story focusing on other things.
Old 2012-09-10, 05:03   Link #1353
Sumeragi
Banned

We could continue the discussion from the Episode 10 thread and compare how things were with Chapter 16.5.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:46   Link #1354
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Please keep this thread off on-topic. This isn't a chat room for novel fans to discuss whatever they please (including random shipping nonsense and talk about various doujin). If you want to have random SAO-related chat, please go to the Social Group.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-10 at 11:11. Reason: Correction ^^;
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 11:04   Link #1355
Krono

Seeing as this episode covered roughly chapters 13-16, going by the episode titles, I'm going guess that episode 13 will be roughly 17-21, and episode 14 will be 22-25.

I don't think they'll cut anything major. It sounds rushed being 5 chapters then 3 chapters in an episode, but chapter 17 was more or less just an explanation of marriage in SAO, which is something anime viewers already got, the remainder of it can be taken care of in a minute or two. So it'd more or less be 4 chapters and 3 chapters.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 13:57   Link #1356
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Seeing as this episode covered roughly chapters 13-16, going by the episode titles, I'm going guess that episode 13 will be roughly 17-21, and episode 14 will be 22-25.

I don't think they'll cut anything major. It sounds rushed being 5 chapters then 3 chapters in an episode, but chapter 17 was more or less just an explanation of marriage in SAO, which is something anime viewers already got, the remainder of it can be taken care of in a minute or two. So it'd more or less be 4 chapters and 3 chapters.
17 and some more will most likely be part of the next episode as they have 2 episodes to cover the SS "The Morning Dew Girl" wich makes it naturnal for that one to start only in the middle of the next episode.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:22   Link #1357
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
17 and some more will most likely be part of the next episode as they have 2 episodes to cover the SS "The Morning Dew Girl" wich makes it naturnal for that one to start only in the middle of the next episode.
Now that you mention it, yes what little of chapter 17 that they'd adapt will likely be worked into 11-12.

I'm doubtful they'll try and work in chapter 18 though. Morning Dew Girl is pretty long, and they'd have to wrap it up mid episode 12 to start on 18. Theoretically they could work it in before things start, but that would take messing with the timeline. Morning Dew Girl starts 6 days after marriage, chapter 18 after 10.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:42   Link #1358
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Oh it seems Kawahara tweeted that the Anti-Laughing Coffin crusade DID happen in the anime. <<PoH>> is still on the run it seems when Kuradeel became spiritually part of the guild.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11742.html

[LOL Google Translate on Chrome]

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:56   Link #1359
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Oh it seems Kawahara tweeted that the Anti-Laughing Coffin crusade DID happen in the anime. <<PoH>> is still on the run it seems when Kuradeel became spiritually part of the guild.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11742.html

[LOL Google Translate on Chrome]
So it happened off screen?
Does he mention who leaked info about the raid? I thought it was Kradil at first, but it looks like he became spiritually a member after he lost to Kirito now...
Old 2012-09-10, 19:56   Link #1360
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Now that you mention it, yes what little of chapter 17 that they'd adapt will likely be worked into 11-12.

I'm doubtful they'll try and work in chapter 18 though. Morning Dew Girl is pretty long, and they'd have to wrap it up mid episode 12 to start on 18. Theoretically they could work it in before things start, but that would take messing with the timeline. Morning Dew Girl starts 6 days after marriage, chapter 18 after 10.
Well, then 18 can be worked into episode 12, after Yui's story is finnished. That leaves 19-25 for episode 13 and 14.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote