AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-07, 06:34   Link #81
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This is totally opposite. It starts not too good, but ends majestically. Yes. It creeped the hell out of me, and I got goosebumps with the final fight. EVERYTHING IS FUCKING ALMOST PERFECT AAAAAHHHH AAAAHHH ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 10:42   Link #82
ruinevil

I still haven't gotten over the incest in episode 3.
ruinevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 23:15   Link #83
jennwenn

What the hell was that AMAZINGNESS that was the Bake Neko arc?!?!?!

OMG, I haven't posted anything in months but Ayakashi ended so well I have to return to gush. So many people are going to be turned off by Part 1 (Yotsuya Kaiden) and never get to see one of best horror anime to come out in years.

The art reminds me of Gankutsuoh and movie-level quality. The story, just woohh...I didn't think any anime would be that daring in terms of depravity, and yet without being overly graphic. They really perfected action horror where so many recent shows have failed miserably.

Wow. Just wow.

I love anime that surprises me by being way way WAYYYYYY better than I expected. I'm still in shock! Part 1 and 2 were NOTHING LIKE THIS!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 23:24   Link #84
EricMontreal22

Sounds like I gave up on this series too early--I enjoyed the first 2 eps but found it kinda too confusing and was overwhelmed with school. I'd love to the try the last three but I see you can only download it as one file now and I don't currently have the space. Still I'll keep it in mind
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 23:29   Link #85
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The final arc of Ayakashi = win and awesome. Believe us. We don't joke.
Old 2006-05-17, 06:07   Link #86
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMontreal22
Sounds like I gave up on this series too early--I enjoyed the first 2 eps but found it kinda too confusing and was overwhelmed with school. I'd love to the try the last three but I see you can only download it as one file now and I don't currently have the space. Still I'll keep it in mind
Seriously, I would not recommend you to just 'keep it in mind'. Try using one of those clients that let you download parts of a torrent isntead of the whole thing (since I think it's not packeted as a zip).
If you enjoyed ParaKiss for the good bits that were undeniably there while many people lambasted it, I strongly recommend - just watch the last arc for your own good, dammit!!!

I sound like a disgusting evangelist but honestly, it is seriously one of the most creative things to come out in some time. And its shortness keeps the plot and characters very intense and tight - I'd put this above even Noein for that reason. It may not be so experimental in its animation but it's very creative. And the pattern overlaying works muuuuuuuuuuuch better than in Gankutsuou, IMO..
Old 2006-05-18, 04:21   Link #87
EricMontreal22

No I appreciate your passion about this And appreciate you pushing it on me. I'm pretty bad with bitorrent but I'll see if I can find a program like that... Or clear up enough free room.

There's too little great anime right now to miss stuff like this
Old 2006-05-18, 04:54   Link #88
wao
OK.

I think Azureus supports it. I know Bittornado does. Please for the love of Takashi Hashimoto, watch it!
Old 2006-05-18, 06:41   Link #89
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The medicine seller is t3h pwnz j00 all.
Old 2006-05-18, 18:46   Link #90
EricMontreal22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I think Azureus supports it. I know Bittornado does. Please for the love of Takashi Hashimoto, watch it!
I use Bittornado but didn't knwo you could that. Let me investigate
Old 2006-05-18, 19:22   Link #91
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Instead of using Azureus, which is tottaly wrong thing to do and stands against torrent culture if ya dont tweak it .
Bit Tornado is okay but I would reccomend Bit Comet
Old 2006-05-23, 18:37   Link #92
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I watched Tenshuu Monogatari last night and Baka Neko just now. So let me add my voices to the throng saying

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

"Fucking amazing" are, indeed, two perfect words for Baka Neko. It was like ... the setting of Spirited Away, with the main character of Mushishi, with the horror style of 100 Stories and Paranoia Agent, with directing on a level of brilliance with all of anime's greats, and with Gankutsuou's animation style perfected: all these, but with SOOOO much originality too. Simply unbelievable. DAY-um. I'd say I want a TV series but there's no way a TV series could keep up that level of quality.

Tenshuu Monogatari had a great story, and I enjoyed the four episodes quite a bit, but Baka Neko blew it out of the water. Aaaaaaah sooooo good. Noitamina is such an intense block. Admittedly, I've only seen Honey and Clover and Ayakashi (and the first two episodes of Jyu-Oh-Sei) but all of these are fantastic. I'm waiting for AF-F & Froth-Bite to finish their subs of Paradise Kiss, but clearly I can't miss out on it.

As for Baka Neko... as soon as I'm done with school I'm heading over to my friend's house at nighttime and we're going to watch it on full blast. HELL YES. SO GOOD.

Wow, just wow.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 20:20   Link #93
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Almost all who have watched the third arc of Ayakashi were blown away. Shouldn't THAT be something to look forward to?

FUCKING AMAZING. I said it once and I'll say it again: FUCKING AMAZING.
Old 2006-05-28, 08:50   Link #94
Trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMontreal22
Sounds like I gave up on this series too early--I enjoyed the first 2 eps
I didnt enjoy any of the first 3 and deleted the rest of my HD. Perhaps one or two later episodes may turn things around but I'll never know. I didnt find a single character likable and I found the whole sorry story totally contrived. Thus I had 0 desire and no regrets on missing anything later.

Sometimes I think I post too negatively on Anime Suki, but I look through threads to try decide what to download and watch. When all the posts in a thread are so positive, I find find it very hard sometimes making objective decisions on what to spend limited time watching.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 08:58   Link #95
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Try watching ONLY the last three. That would only be only a little more than an hour of your time ...
Old 2006-05-28, 10:18   Link #96
wao
OK.

Well, if you've looked through the thread like you said you have, you ought to be aware that the 3 stores in Ayakashi are a. completely separate stories and b. produced by completely different teams. So the quality of the first 3 eps would be completely unindicative of the quality of the later eps (as indeed, even though all were produced under the "Toei" name, you get various people from everywhere depending on the arc; e.g. you had Tatsunoko Co. people involved in the last arc, unsurprising given the director did KARAS, by Tatsunoko Co.)

I think it would be quite unfair to judge the later arcs simply because the first 3 episodes have got poor quality. But it's your choice either way... I can understand if you're turned away by the huge hyping, but there are times when the hyping is not empty.
Old 2006-05-28, 10:32   Link #97
Trickle

Hey, I was only trying to lower the tone of the thread!
Old 2006-05-28, 11:33   Link #98
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The hyping was empty when it came to Ergo Proxy. As for this one, there was no hyping prior to the final three episodes. After watching it, however ... it's just nothing short of perfection, IMO.
Old 2006-05-28, 12:43   Link #99
wao
OK.

I don't see the point of toning the thread down - this thread is pretty much dead apart from the "ZOMG THIS IS SO COOL" comments. I mean before you came it was quite nicely buried in oblivion...

But since you're here, as the self-appointed egotistic resident fangirl I command you to go watch it so you have something better to say than me! Perhaps you will actually dislike the arc.
Old 2006-05-28, 13:37   Link #100
Trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I don't see the point of toning the thread down - this thread is pretty much dead apart from the "ZOMG THIS IS SO COOL" comments. I mean before you came it was quite nicely buried in oblivion...
Joke... JOKE!!!"£

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
But since you're here, as the self-appointed egotistic resident fangirl
Erm quite...
Here have a rolleyes

Tags
noitamina