AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 35.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 35.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-14, 10:08   Link #21
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Hmmm Im torn over epi 6. Not commenting on the animation since we're all in the same park over it but I agree with Sky something felt kinda off. However, Yuuki's willingness to let Zero suck her blood didnt come off as rushed (to me) since well Yuuki is Yuuki and she's said from the very beginning she would save Zero, whether or not the anime rushed this fact is in the eye of the viewer but to me it seemed like what she would do. She's stated a few times that Zero doesnt scare her, though she seems to have problems with other Level E vampires like in epi 5. Whether she'll still feel way about Zero if/when he ever reaches that, only time will tell. Blood sucking scene was nice for me since again one of the very few Zero/Yuuki moments I was looking forward too.

This epi also had one of my fav moments btwn Kaname and Yuuki where he hold her saying "when did you stop telling me things" Loved that scene from the manga and was done pretty well here too. It amuses me to think that Yuuki would think for one second that Kaname wouldnt notice. But maybe she was really hoping no one would (course if you have a bandage on your neck alot, someone else is gonna notice).

Zero...gah seriously enough with the emo. Again not liking how he treats Yuuki. Course hopefully this will change since at the moment she's basically the reason he's alive.
That woman should be interesting also.

Again torn since half of the epi I liked, half I didnt. Im hoping theyll calm the pace down in the next epi. Again agreeing that it felt like too much was crammed into 22mins.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-14, 11:20   Link #22
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

The Story Looked Awesome....But The Animation Ruined Kaname-Senpai Moments >.<
I Give it 9/10 (For The Animation)
Old 2008-05-14, 14:30   Link #23
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Pros: story, development, scenes and especially the atmospere.
Cons: rushed, animation.

9/10 from me
Old 2008-05-14, 15:07   Link #24
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Something about this episode seemed a bit off, and i am not just talking about the animation that took a nosedive. Yuuki's willingness to let Zero suck her blood came across as somewhat rushed - she made the decision too easily and with no apparent hesitation or being scared at all. Which might be fine, but the buildup for her resolve was sorely lacking. Same can be said about Zero giving in so easily. I feel that ep5 pool scene was handled much better regarding this.
I would have to agree with you here. I remember the whole scene in the manga when Yuuki offered her blood to Zero, I remember being really tense and anxious to see what happened. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat. Maybe it's not so much in the anime because I already anticipated what was going to happen, but I also found that the intenseness that I had known in the manga was lacking in the anime. I know this scene was my favorite of all time before.

Yes, also the animation was "wonky" as you may call it, it is rather inconsistent. Which is sad because it doesn't do justice to the gorgeous drawings in the actual manga. I said this once when I saw the preview pic of VK before it was coming out (for the anime), and I'll say it again, they can never live up to the drawings in the manga, but hey, they should at least try to keep it consistent here. I remember the scene when Yuuki walked into the guest room with Zero in it, was it just me or did her head look oddly wide? It kind of irritated me -___-
Old 2008-05-14, 16:34   Link #25
nanafan
horo fan

good episode, they did make it a bit more predictable with yuuki giving blood to zero, cuz she mentioned so many times she wants to help him. i admit i was a bit nervous when it happened i also noticed zero blushing throught the whole thing, was that because of yuuki or was he feeling sick?
Old 2008-05-14, 16:47   Link #26
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

animation quality went down the poo hole, but it set up the story very well for the next arc to come. anticipating it a lot.
Old 2008-05-15, 00:56   Link #27
Asleep

The animation was pretty bad... but other than that, great episode! Only it went too fast, - I was surprised when it got over.

I am glad Zero had decided to live now. Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2008-05-15, 03:44   Link #28
dbj

good episode but no excitement, jsut a normal build up episode so i give it a "good" rating
Old 2008-05-15, 11:14   Link #29
tenken627
what Yagi said

I'm glad they made Yagari teach the Ethics course for the Night Class. I thought they were going to take that out since they made him the Day Class teacher.

It's much more interesting to see a Vampire Hunter teach a bunch of Vampires.

The flying dagger part surprised me. These students weren't really paying attention to the class!
Old 2008-05-15, 18:07   Link #30
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

i must say Yuuki is really in love with Zero to offer up her blood..and Yagari was so kewl man i love him!!! and his attitude towards the night class
9/10
Old 2008-05-16, 02:55   Link #31
Lyssander
Sword Dancer

amen brother it seems yagari will be one hell of a threat to all the Night Class students and they better be cause just because they are vampires doesn't mean they can act all tough and cocky
and God how to say this ummm yeah ok here it goes
ZERO IS HOT LOL
Old 2008-05-16, 06:40   Link #32
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Animation... already been spoken about enough.

I largely agree with Deathkillz, Skyfall, White Manju Bun and others that had mixed feelings about this ep. I liked a lot of the concepts in this ep, but every now and then the execution really let it down. The final scene I really didn't like at all. Zero finds the resolution to fight on through Yuuki, then Yagari decides that Zero should be spared now that he has that resolution. It was a pretty lame attempt at a "twist". If anything, it kinda detracted from Yagari. He's much more interesting as a seething vampire hater.

The blood sucking scene was really good, but I thought the afterwards of it was rather awkward. It almost felt like they were having two parallel conversations. The whole thing just felt a bit disjointed, even of itself. Another one of the more interesting scenes in this was the scene where Yagari taught the night class, but even this seemed to lack a bit of the tension that, arguably, it could have had.

I think this is the major problem with this show... it's just missing a bit of tension in the atmosphere that would make it really compelling and that would probably be there if it were a little more polished.
Old 2008-05-16, 10:37   Link #33
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Good episode the animation bothered a little bit this time around but it did effect the progress of the series. The relationship between Yuuki, Zero and Kaname is getting very complex just like how it is the manga. I throughly enjoyed the scene with Yuuki and Zero in the bathroom it showed the lengths that Yuuki is willing to go through to protect and keep her promise to Zero. I wish i could say this is the lowest point Zero will go through but its not and things actually get worse for him and more complicated as series progresses. I do admit that certain parts of episode 6 felt rushed but the content was solid. I disagree with the blood sucking part feel rushed if you just take into account what Yuuki has been saying all along she will pretty much do whatever it takes to save Zero. This was just a way to show her resolve and also show how sorrowful Zero is about what he has become, the thing he most despises in the world a vampire.

The last line that his master said to Zero just before Yuuki met Kaname was an eyebrow raiser. With a little thinking and putting a few pieces together its very easy to ascertain who the women is that is "still alive" and when she shows up all hell is going to break loose but also certain important facts will be revealed. Cant wait till we get to episode 8 through 10 i think thats when majority of the story really gets interesting.

Side note ending theme is still as creepy as ever.

Off topic: Iv started streaming my anime episodes from my computer with Windows media center through my Xbox 360 so i can watch them on my 32" HD T.V. man the 360 does a pretty good job at raising the quality of the animation. The animation for episode 6 bothered me when i watched it on my computer but when i streamed it the quality was excellent. Now if only the Xbox would start supporting MKV and MP4 files that would be something to see in HD.
Old 2008-05-16, 13:36   Link #34
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I think this is the major problem with this show... it's just missing a bit of tension in the atmosphere that would make it really compelling and that would probably be there if it were a little more polished.
I agree, though Im still having a difficult time as too why the tension is missing, maybe on my part is cuz I know whats coming since Im a manga reader but I remember another poster saying in an earlier post that she/he was on the edge of their seat during the first blood sucking scene in the manga (atleast I think that was the scene, they were referrring too), I was the same way. Also when Zero is offically shown as a vampire in the manga I was floored, the anime didnt give me that feeling.

Dont get me wrong, Im enjoying the anime, this particular series has been on my "must-animate" list for a while but I agree that certain scenes havent been protrayed as well, but yet some have, ie: the flash back to when Yuuki meets Zero, I loved the anime vers of it. So que sera sera I guess

Side note, agreeing with Sinestra, ED still hella creepy!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-16, 14:30   Link #35
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I agree, though Im still having a difficult time as too why the tension is missing, maybe on my part is cuz I know whats coming since Im a manga reader but I remember another poster saying in an earlier post that she/he was on the edge of their seat during the first blood sucking scene in the manga (atleast I think that was the scene, they were referrring too), I was the same way. Also when Zero is offically shown as a vampire in the manga I was floored, the anime didnt give me that feeling.

Dont get me wrong, Im enjoying the anime, this particular series has been on my "must-animate" list for a while but I agree that certain scenes havent been protrayed as well, but yet some have, ie: the flash back to when Yuuki meets Zero, I loved the anime vers of it. So que sera sera I guess

Side note, agreeing with Sinestra, ED still hella creepy!
I see what your saying i have been enjoying the series very much i do get excited about certain parts but not ask excited as i was reading the manga. Not sure why that is since its probably different from person to person. I like Zero but i would prefer to him be portrayed more tragic and tortured instead of the emo moments. Yuuki's personality is pretty much right in line with the manga
Old 2008-05-16, 19:36   Link #36
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
I really thought they jumped the gun severely by basically giving this away in the first ep. Plot twists rarely work in the first ep. I'm not sure how they did this in the manga, but I'd imagine it wasn't so premature.
Old 2008-05-17, 07:51   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... odd. I for one had my heart racing during the bathroom scene, from the tension of it all. Would he do it, would he resist the temptation some more? Then BITE, and finally satisfaction.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-17, 08:38   Link #38
Westlo
Lets be reality

I thought the bathroom scene was done nicely too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I really thought they jumped the gun severely by basically giving this away in the first ep. Plot twists rarely work in the first ep. I'm not sure how they did this in the manga, but I'd imagine it wasn't so premature.
It was fairly obvious in the manga as well, he started collapsing and staggering around after the Valentines thing and the chairman offers him a drink to remove his pain in the second chapter. Than Yuuki finds the blood tablet after giving Zero the home made chocolate.

The anime did hint earlier than the manga but if the anime followed the manga exactly the hints would've started in episode 2 as opposed to 1 and I'm pretty sure most people would've picked up on it anyway... it came as no surprise at all to me.
Old 2008-05-17, 09:40   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
And as a none manga reader of the series I can tell you that the anime lacks impact.

If the manga had you floored at the scene where Zero was revealed then it must have done a pretty dam good job to keep the suspense until the end.

Here it was like:

"I saw that coming from a mile away".

The atmosphere is here, but the execution of scene is rather "meh".
They just don't have enough buildup without dropping too much hints, more than enough for us to form a picture of what's going to happen generally, not specifically.

I just didn't like the bathroom scene much, it didn't form much of a convincing resolve imo.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-17, 22:56   Link #40
Mirakuru

So far the emotions I have felt watching the anime have been spot-on with my emotions reading the manga.. but I guess that's just me. Though I do agree that the gun scene at the end of episode 6 could have been a teeny bit more stretched out -- it was a good 'sudden' scene but so much so that it was a little too sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I just didn't like the bathroom scene much, it didn't form much of a convincing resolve imo.
I thought the bathroom scene was intended to show Zero's crumbling resolve.. or did you mean his resolve for resisting drinking Yuuki's blood? Because I think that scene was meant to show his inability to halt his temptations any longer.. but I'm not quite sure I understood what you meant.
Closed Thread