AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-02-02, 17:33   Link #321
Rookie103

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Quick Question: what exactly are the ages of the main characters? their in highschool right?
thx
Most probably 16 or 17, like most other high school animes.
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 09:03   Link #322
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Third year in high school, is 17 (I think).
Old 2008-02-03, 10:01   Link #323
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Canoncially, Tomoya is 17 years old, while Nagisa is 18 (she will be 19 during the christmas of the current year the story takes place). Kotomi is "currently" 18 years old.

As for Youhei, Kyou, Ryou and Fuuko, they are all between 17-18 (I don't think they ever mentioned their birthday or age for these characters).

Tomoyo, obviously, is still 16-17.
Old 2008-02-03, 11:12   Link #324
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Not really earth-shattering or anything, but - I've seen on wiki and other forums random bits of trivia about the characters such as "Akio is into the Gundam fandom" or "Sunohara's favorite song is the Tenjou Tenge opening" - did this information ever come up in the original PC game or just a fanbook or doujinshi or something? If it is from the game, does it also appear in the PS2 port (as I remember stuff about KFC and Card Captor Sakura had to be removed from the Higurashi port.) Just curious about all these little copyrighted things...
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 14:25   Link #325
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

Akio likes Gundam plamos and Sunohara really likes Bomb A Head, yes.
ZhangKhaiEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 16:18   Link #326
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
Not really earth-shattering or anything, but - I've seen on wiki and other forums random bits of trivia about the characters such as "Akio is into the Gundam fandom" or "Sunohara's favorite song is the Tenjou Tenge opening" - did this information ever come up in the original PC game or just a fanbook or doujinshi or something? If it is from the game, does it also appear in the PS2 port (as I remember stuff about KFC and Card Captor Sakura had to be removed from the Higurashi port.) Just curious about all these little copyrighted things...
Higurashi is a different story, because the PC version of it is a doujin game.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 16:22   Link #327
Rookie103

This is going to sound stupid, but; what does 'tsundere' mean?
Old 2008-02-03, 16:43   Link #328
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Here a defintion of Tsundere
Old 2008-02-03, 16:45   Link #329
Rookie103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Here a defintion of Tsundere
Heh, that would explain it. Thanks.
Old 2008-02-03, 17:43   Link #330
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Higurashi is a different story, because the PC version of it is a doujin game.
Good point - so Key probably could afford to get permissions from the beginning. Thanks for answering.
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 02:44   Link #331
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
Good point - so Key probably could afford to get permissions from the beginning. Thanks for answering.
Someone mentioned copyrights earlier on in the thread. That's only part of the equation, and certainly not the only one.

Before I continue, I invoke the ever-popular "IANAL". If you want legal advice, buy it from a lawyer.

The main type of intellectual property they're talking about here is trademarks. Unlike copyrights which have a set term (which, in the United States, seems to get longer for as long as Disney can buy lawmakers and the SCOTUS can maintain the Eldred v. Robert Ashcroft decision), trademarks last as long as the owner defends their trademark. If the owner does not properly defend their trademark, they risk losing it to being generic (e.g. "zipper", "aspirin") or a genericized trademark (e.g. Google, Xerox, Sheetrock, etc).

Hope this helps.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 11:17   Link #332
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm aware that there's a tomoyo after manga, however, i've only been able to find the first two chapters translated. is there any word on when the other two chapters will be scanlated?
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 13:56   Link #333
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Canoncially, Tomoya is 17 years old, while Nagisa is 18 (she will be 19 during the christmas of the current year the story takes place). Kotomi is "currently" 18 years old.

As for Youhei, Kyou, Ryou and Fuuko, they are all between 17-18 (I don't think they ever mentioned their birthday or age for these characters).

Tomoyo, obviously, is still 16-17.
Kyou and Ryou were born on September 9th. Tomoyo was on October 14th. Kotomi is 5/13. Fuuko is 7/20. Nagisa is 12/24.

I cannot find Youhei. So, after 5/13, Kotomi is 18, Nagisa is 18, Kyou/Ryou are 17, Tomoyo is 16, and Fuuko is 15.
Old 2008-02-10, 23:58   Link #334
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Fuuko is 15

You sure? She's 17 years old, a year younger than Nagisa, because she entered high school 2 years before the beginning of CLANNAD. That's what I learned from playing the game.

Spoiler for ............:
Old 2008-02-11, 03:12   Link #335
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Is there a kyou after manga with subs?

I just read tomoyo after and it is damn good.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 05:55   Link #336
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Kyou and Ryou were born on September 9th. Tomoyo was on October 14th. Kotomi is 5/13. Fuuko is 7/20. Nagisa is 12/24.

I cannot find Youhei. So, after 5/13, Kotomi is 18, Nagisa is 18, Kyou/Ryou are 17, Tomoyo is 16, and Fuuko is 15.
Err, nope. I just remembered (and also checked) about the Fujibayashi birth date, and it is on September 14th.
And yep, Fuuko IS 17. (though where her precise birthdate was shown in fact? I remember she mentioned july in the game, but without much precision). Same question for Tomoyo (I guess I was too fast on her route XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditionEX View Post
Is there a kyou after manga with subs?

I just read tomoyo after and it is damn good.
No there isn't such thing to my knowledge, until it is a novel, just like "Clannad - Another Stories" (yes, engrish plural).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-02-11 at 06:29.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 09:16   Link #337
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Err, nope. I just remembered (and also checked) about the Fujibayashi birth date, and it is on September 14th.
And yep, Fuuko IS 17. (though where her precise birthdate was shown in fact? I remember she mentioned july in the game, but without much precision). Same question for Tomoyo (I guess I was too fast on her route XD)

No there isn't such thing to my knowledge, until it is a novel, just like "Clannad - Another Stories" (yes, engrish plural).
Ah yeah, Fuuko is 17. I forgot about the 2 year thingy.

All of my information comes from the Clannad Visual Fan book, which has all the birthdays. They had Kyou's birthday at 9/9, so maybe Ryou was born 5 days later?
Old 2008-02-11, 12:09   Link #338
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
All of my information comes from the Clannad Visual Fan book, which has all the birthdays. They had Kyou's birthday at 9/9, so maybe Ryou was born 5 days later?
can identical twins be born 5 days apart? atleast...i thought they were identical twins, not fraternal twins...
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 13:35   Link #339
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

Oh...I just wonder...

Why Tomoya and Kyou call each others by first name but Tomoya and Ryou call them by family name?
*Forte* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 19:06   Link #340
navab
バースタド

Send a message via MSN to navab
I think it's because Tomoya has known Kyou longer, and in Japanese culture if you've known someone for a while it's fine to call them by their first name. But in Ryou's case, she's not that close with Tomoya therefore they use family names to address each other.

Last edited by navab; 2008-02-11 at 19:20.
navab is offline   Reply With Quote