AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-08, 19:10   Link #361
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I've been following the third season for a while now... but I seriously wish they would address the issue of why Ai is back from the dead?
Hopefully it will be handled like the first series and the second half will be dedicated to that. Otherwise we are going to end up with another 6 ep arc to explain everything at the end which would just be so boring and bad.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 11:36   Link #362
Anubis91

Whatever any of us think about Mitsuganae, I think you will all agree with be about the beautifulness (does this word even exist ? I'm french so I'm not exactly sure ^^) of this picture !
Anubis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 15:07   Link #363
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It ceased [to be horror] ever since the show started.
more like this
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 23:24   Link #364
bayoab

Newtype summaries suggest we will be getting to the plot finally in the second half.
Old 2008-12-13, 06:01   Link #365
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uhyaa~, maybe the most interesting episode of this season.

Spoiler for ep11:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 21:10   Link #366
guess

Is there a blog for details of the latest ep every week (before the sub comes out)?
Old 2008-12-13, 22:53   Link #367
bayoab

Official OP lyrics (TV Size):
闇と玩(あそ)ぶ星たちへ
愛を唄い焼き尽くして
罰を 灯しひなぎくの
夢に寄り添う爪の痕
唇から 唇へと伝い
その温もりは何処へ?
たどり着く宛は無いのに

貴方でなくちゃ満たせない
私じゃなきゃ許せなかった
だから私はこの脚で
立ち上がれてぞっとしたんだ

飼い殺しなら救われる
でも見事に鍵は外れて
私はまるで
鳥籠を欲している狂った小鳥
嘘を抱いた花
Old 2008-12-14, 08:35   Link #368
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Just watched the 11th episode:

Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2008-12-14, 15:26   Link #369
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Wow, one of the best episodes this season!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Spoiler for episode 11:
LOL This part made me crack up.

I do like the twist this season of people getting sent to hell over little things or misunderstandings, but it was getting old for a bit and I found this episode refreshing. But bring on the bigger plot, please!
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 17:42   Link #370
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My Teacher

Episode six has been the second best episode to me for this season, and the one which I have fun the most.

Spoiler:

And speaking about the Sanwara for episode six we got to see them interacting amongst themselves during their free time, as an odd-ball but loving family.

Spoiler:

[/SPOILER]
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 20:05   Link #371
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Episode 8 made me qq....so sad.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 21:57   Link #372
FateAnomaly

The girl in episode 8 is really wtf stupid.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 14:09   Link #373
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
agree, at least this time, the whole ep feels more normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Is there a blog for details of the latest ep every week (before the sub comes out)?
here it is

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2008-12-15 at 14:21.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 19:05   Link #374
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
here it is
Thanks.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:31   Link #375
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Liar

I became shocked with a big WTF gesture on my face with the outcome for the seventh episode.

There wasn't any side to feel empathy for; everyone was guilty.

Spoiler for Washizu:

Spoiler for Inuo:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 13:18   Link #376
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I couldn't help thinking, "It's the Japanese Paris Hilton!"

One other thing I noticed - the dog's name, Momo, is the same as the main character in Shinigami no Ballad. Momo the shinigami is kind of the anti-Enma Ai, so I thought it was funny to see Ai holding Momo the dog.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 13:43   Link #377
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

For me, there is one unasked question that is overshadowing all others on this show. I've seen people asking why Ai is back from Hell. I've seen people asking why she is bound to this particular girl, I've seen people asking why Kukuri only exists for comedic effect. However I haven't seen anyone asking the question whose oddness seems to overshadow these details. Every single episode we're shown something that directly contradicts both of the first two seasons and implies that the rules have been seriously upturned.

Back in seasons one and two, Enma Ai was very particular about whose vengeance she would enact. She often sent one of her helpers to spy on people who click the website before making up her mind to answer. I've seen people completely unable to access the site simply because their hatred wasn't strong enough. The people she accepted vengeance about were almost always scumbags who deserved a bad fate. Even though we frequently thought the victim should have called the police instead of damning their soul, at least the victim deserved what he got. Ai was unerringly careful that way.

Now, in season three, that rule is completely overturned nearly every single episode! Often these vengeances are misplaced. Ai always seems to appear the first time people check her site. People have damned others to Hell over stupid misunderstandings without Ai wanting to investigate. (Like the teacher in episode 1.) They've damned others to Hell for someone else's grudge without any hatred of their own. (Episode 9.) They've even sent someone to Hell after clicking the website's go button accidentally because they were startled by a goldfish jumping, without really meaning to do that. (Episode 10.) Nearly every single vengeance up to episode 10 (the last episode I've seen) was a misfire some reason or other. The only case of honest justifiable hatred so far was in episode 9 concerning the woman's pet dog and even that one manages to fail because she only pulled the string by accident!

I don't think this is just carelessness on the part of the creators. I think that this is the intent to show vengeance done wrong and accidently. I think Enma Ai is trying to break the system. After having been thrown aside cruelly at the end of season 2, she's trying to screw with Jigoku Tsushin.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 15:38   Link #378
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Even though we frequently thought the victim should have called the police instead of damning their soul, at least the victim deserved what he got. Ai was unerringly careful that way.
Didn't this stop at the second season already? It's more like, for the first season, the victims deserved it. The second season, people who were sent to hell are just as bad as those who curse them, generally speaking. There comes the third season which you just don't know anymore! That's why I think the third season just hit the new low.
As for Ai's conduct, investigation etc, I don't think it has changed much. She investigates before the "clients" pull the string and send them straight to hell when any of them pull the string.
Judging from the previous seasons, they will never address these questions anyway.
Old 2008-12-19, 21:30   Link #379
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

While the plot of the EP 10 was not out of the ordinary by itself, it seems to signal a change to the overall story as Yuzuki has finally decided to do something about her visions from Ai. Possibly in order to emphasize the coming change, parts of the episode with Yuzuki were beautifully animated. How will Yuzuki try to take a more active role in future episodes?.
*There are more than 20 episodes in this season so we dont have to rush to "main story".
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 00:03   Link #380
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Back in seasons one and two, Enma Ai was very particular about whose vengeance she would enact. She often sent one of her helpers to spy on people who click the website before making up her mind to answer. I've seen people completely unable to access the site simply because their hatred wasn't strong enough. The people she accepted vengeance about were almost always scumbags who deserved a bad fate. Even though we frequently thought the victim should have called the police instead of damning their soul, at least the victim deserved what he got. Ai was unerringly careful that way.
There were always cases of undeserving people going to Hell. Don't forget about the nurse who was close to being a Saint, sent to Hell by a dope addict who overdosed right after he sent her to Hell. Or the two friends who ended up going to Hell together. And the people in that town at the end of season two. The people doing the sending were frequently more deserving than the people being sent.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural