Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-02, 18:43   Link #10941
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Can somebody tell me more or less what happened so far in the game (what tanks are the new meta and such)
Due to GuP's popularity, they recently added a transformable tank to attract anime fans

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 21:29   Link #10942
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I bought the AMX 50 100 and I find it surprisingly hard it's nothing like the autoloader scouts (even though the tank is really fast). Any tips on how to play it or good replays would be an even bigger help.
play it like a gigantic coward
no seriously, don't go anywhere alone, and when you're in position, poke out and vaporize someone and then make yourself as scarce as you possibly can, I mean like the other side of the map

you have no armor worth speaking of and a lot of semi-competent people know enough to count your shots, so once you're dry you really really really need to fuck off or they'll just rush you. conserving your hitpoints is really important; a full health 50 100 is one of the scariest things in the game late in a round when there's like five oneshottable tanks left on the field.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 00:20   Link #10943
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

This was one of the most tragic battles I've had in a long time:

Images
AMX 50 100 battle results
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Fortunately, thanks to Scrublet and his friends, I walked away with a positive average winrate and 2000 WN7 for the day. Here is one of my best battles today:

Images
FV215b 183 battle results
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hitting that HAVOK player in the WTE100 early in the match for full damage was glorious.

For some reason, I've been having much better games in the 183 than my Object 268 lately. My damage per game is better and I've been winning more in the 183, even though the 268 looks much better on paper. Maybe I just got used to the playstyle.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 00:52   Link #10944
Gravitas Free Zone

Negative 60K profit, yargh.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 01:13   Link #10945
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Negative 60K profit, yargh.
I load full APCR on my 50 100 because I don't know when I'll be facing tier 10s in pub matches. And the 40+ second reload doesn't give much leverage for switching shell types.

I load AP for Team Battles because I know I'll only be seeing tier 8s.
Old 2013-12-03, 04:05   Link #10946
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
World of Tanks should include infantry. Here's a proposal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Which one is the autobounce-6?

Also, almost 3 months that I left WoT from some reasons (roasted motherboard), maybe I should come back to the game in between the week (long story short, got a nice gamer notebook from not more less than 70$ causer the guy wanted to get rid of it).

Can somebody tell me more or less what happened so far in the game (what tanks are the new meta and such)
The German glass cannon line: It has autoloader and as the nickname says it`s basically a paper armor tank with good mobility. The W.T E-100, a tier 10 German TD is the one with autoloader and turret

For incoming 8.10, there will be Japanese line. They are basically Leo 1 when I analyzed the specs.

As for me in SEA, I`m like 6k research experience away for T25/2 and it cost like 1.5M credits? A fellow clan member told me that you`ll lose alot of credits in tier 7+ matches if you have bad game.

I`m keeping T49 and Hellcat in my garage.Full trained except for skills and perks
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 07:49   Link #10947
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I wasn't even aware of the SPG event that just finished in SEA but apparently I managed to get a top 50 spot for the Grille earning me 3000 gold.

I will probably be taking a break from the game anyway due to rage over random match making. In my opinion this game would be far less frustrating if it had some kind of skill based match making system. I just hit 2000 games and have a terrible wn7 of 1000 but frequently get entire teams that are <500 which just get slaughtered by any semi competent opposition.
Old 2013-12-03, 08:36   Link #10948
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
I wasn't even aware of the SPG event that just finished in SEA but apparently I managed to get a top 50 spot for the Grille earning me 3000 gold.

I will probably be taking a break from the game anyway due to rage over random match making. In my opinion this game would be far less frustrating if it had some kind of skill based match making system. I just hit 2000 games and have a terrible wn7 of 1000 but frequently get entire teams that are <500 which just get slaughtered by any semi competent opposition.
Did you said that you play in SEA? What`s your ign?

The ugly in that game was actually 8 years old playing WOT. I already have 5 kills with my hellcat .
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 10:31   Link #10949
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post

>2000 games
>1000 WN7

that not bad at all, better than most of us here when we were at that number of games.
Old 2013-12-03, 10:39   Link #10950
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

At 2k games, my WN7 was 825 and I was mostly playing the Matilda to compensate for my lack of tactical knowledge. I amassed almost 500 battles in the Matilda, which is still more battles than most of my tanks now, before I moved on and started German TDs.
Old 2013-12-03, 10:59   Link #10951
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The Matilda is probably my most hated tank in the game at the current time. It is like, the final boss of all the PzB2 platoons I do. Impossible to kill 1v1 and if the player is good, sometimes even 3v1 isn't enough. Having to depend on pub TDs and Arty to try to kill it is a really nerve-wracking experience. Yet, in 11/12 battles in it I have been the speedbump single tier 4 tank in a tier 6 match that takes 5 minutes to get to the battle, bounces a couple shots off everything, then gets 1-shotted by the KV-1S. Yeah, it's an extremely small sample size and I'm sure I'll get more Tier 4 games if I keep playing it but man, those +2 tier battles feel so much worse in this tank than any other I have played, by a huge margin, to the point where I'd rather just not even risk it.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 11:32   Link #10952
Gravitas Free Zone

Tier 4 TDs with high-penetration guns and good view ranges (the T40, SU-85B, the Marder 38t and M8A1 a little less so) are the biggest danger to the Matilda, if used properly.

The Matilda's best gun can penetrate a wide variety of Tier 6, but the alpha is very low, so it really comes down to staying out of sight and having someone else around for the enemy to shoot at, because yeah, most things will obliterate you very quickly. At least the Matilda is better off at Tier 6 than many other Tier 4 vehicles.

Of course, getting along without being seen is good for most vehicles, but the Matilda has very good hull-down capabilities, so it's important to get practice with cover in it... also because those Tier 4 TDs will easily demonstrate how not-impenetrable the Matilda is, very quickly.
Old 2013-12-03, 11:44   Link #10953
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Tier 4 TDs with high-penetration guns and good view ranges (the T40, SU-85B, the Marder 38t and M8A1 a little less so) are the biggest danger to the Matilda, if used properly.
Yeah, the bolded is the issue though. Sadly, for every top gun T40, or SU-85B that successfully coordinates a distract and kill teamwork combo with me, there are 10 who suicide charge or try to win a flanking match with a Pz I C.

Having to depend so heavily on pubs sucks but a vehicle that could reliably pen the Matilda with the same matchmaking as the B2 would be pretty OP so it's a necessary evil I guess.
Old 2013-12-03, 11:55   Link #10954
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'd assist your B2 with my SU-85B, if only we didn't see tier 5/6 matches.
Old 2013-12-03, 12:03   Link #10955
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'd assist your B2 with my SU-85B, if only we didn't see tier 5/6 matches.
I could see the B2 being pretty effective in those matches. Spreading chaos in chat when it shows up and causing enemy KV-1S's and Hellcats to TK each other just for the chance to be the one to kill the funny little duck thing. It could happen!
Old 2013-12-03, 12:12   Link #10956
Gravitas Free Zone

The PzB2 and Valentine II actually have very balanced MM at maximum tier 4; they can bully smaller tanks alone, and can platoon to at least threaten stronger tanks, but they can't really dominate the game on their own.

Though the whole game is sliding down the power creep slope as stronger guns continue to appear at lower tiers and APCR is available for silver.

The AT 2, for example, was threatening for the first week while people gawked at its armor values, then everyone learned the weakspots. Now it can be overmatched from the front without aiming by the PzSflIVc's APCR.
Old 2013-12-03, 12:51   Link #10957
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah, the bolded is the issue though. Sadly, for every top gun T40, or SU-85B that successfully coordinates a distract and kill teamwork combo with me, there are 10 who suicide charge or try to win a flanking match with a Pz I C.

Having to depend so heavily on pubs sucks but a vehicle that could reliably pen the Matilda with the same matchmaking as the B2 would be pretty OP so it's a necessary evil I guess.
If there is a premium TD that is capped at tier 4, maybe I'll get it...
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 14:36   Link #10958
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
If there is a premium TD that is capped at tier 4, maybe I'll get it...
Matchmaking for premium tanks tends to be determined by their gun penetration, so it's possible that a TD that only sees tier 4 would also have trouble penning the Matilda.

However, there are exceptions where premium tanks with preferential MM have equivalent or higher pen than normal tanks in their tier, like the TOG II* to compensate for its horrible speed, size and armor, and the Type 59 to compensate for... god knows what.
Old 2013-12-03, 15:34   Link #10959
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

the type 59 is just fucking overpowered, there's a reason it was removed from the store
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 16:41   Link #10960
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
the type 59 is just fucking overpowered, there's a reason it was removed from the store
Really, I mean really?

the type is a lot of things, but never overpowered (well at the beginning it was, but now is just an ammorack on tracks that break easly it's track from a slight jump).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks