Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 00:26   Link #11101
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So.....

Quote:
Researched:
IS-8 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 154.915. Free Experience spent: 9.785.
I really don't know if buy it now, or just wait for a sale.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 01:08   Link #11102
LeoXiao
思想工作

I'm waiting for Christmas to buy new stuff. Some sort of sale is sure to be on.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 01:42   Link #11103
Gravitas Free Zone

I threw some free XP into the British artillery line to unlock the Birch Gun, though I didn't purchase it yet. Yes, I want to see how amusing the FV304 is.

In the category of free XP black holes, I am questioning my purchase but so far continued non-use of the M46 Patton while I have several other projects that could probably make better use of the 90K free XP required for the turret and final gun.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 03:58   Link #11104
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
On the forums some Taiwanese guy said the lines and accent were weird, but I find them okay.
My favorite voices are the French, makes it hard to imagine that these were the guys who lost because they all camped in a stupid line.
If only the French had designed the Foch 155 sooner than they'd have easily won the Battle of France and justify their camping tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Grinding the French tanks is no fun. I'm glad I left that particular task to my brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
French grind: I'm curious enough about the AMX 50 100 to be presently subjecting myself to the ARL 44. Ye gods that aim time.
I really enjoyed the ARL, I'd recommend using the 90 mm F3, it has the best DPM and aim time out of all the ARL guns. And 170 pen is enough for Tier 6 and 7 tanks.

The AMX M4 is okayish, the turret can be surprisingly bouncy and the 90 mm DCA 45 has a better aim time on it.
Old 2013-12-12, 04:14   Link #11105
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
So.....

I really don't know if buy it now, or just wait for a sale.
You wasted free xp on a tank you're not sure if you want to buy...
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 04:19   Link #11106
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
If only the French had designed the Foch 155 sooner than they'd have easily won the Battle of France and justify their camping tactics.
Holy shit I should totally draw a doujin called "Rommel Yoloswags Through Belgium to a Predictable End - French Historical Fantasy Version"
Old 2013-12-12, 07:53   Link #11107
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
French grind: I'm curious enough about the AMX 50 100 to be presently subjecting myself to the ARL 44. Ye gods that aim time.
The ARL 44 is an absolute piece of shit stock but when fully unlocked it's arguably better than the KV-1S. Use the 105mm Canon 13TR and compared to the KV-1S you trade about 60-90 alpha and 10 silver pen for better DPM, better accuracy, better gun depression, better front armor and better gold pen. The APCR on that gun does 30 more alpha than the silver for some reason so don't hesitate to shoot gold.

You can easily win a duel with a KV-1S if you can hide your LFP because the rest of your front can easily bounce the KV-1S 122mm silver rounds and people don't seem to know where your weak spots are (spoilers: shoot the turret cheeks, or actually just shoot the turret period, even the gun mantlet is easier to pen than the UFP).

edit: naturally after I posted this I took mine out for a spin and did 2700 damage with 3900 potential damage received in a tier 7 game on El Halluf. We lost, of course. Fuck pubbies and fuck El Halluf forever.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2013-12-12 at 08:28.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 09:56   Link #11108
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm already on the final engine and the 105mm TR because of the magic APCR alpha (having previously used it on the S35CA and ARL V39).

I knew about the turret's weaknesses, having shot down many ARLs that way myself. I'm still practicing with the ARL's hulldown since the hull is massive and if the turret isn't positioned just right shots will go into the very weak turret sides. It's obviously much safer to roll back into cover as much as possible, but the long aim time makes moving back and forth a pain. I had a peekaboo fight with a Churchill VII last night that wasn't so good for me because it had greater ROF versus my very long aim time, which I forced a conclusion to by charging it and forcing bounces off of my front plate.

Another anecdote from yesterday: Had flank collapse around my JagdPanther, ended up having a futile last stand versus three tanks. However, along the way I killed an ELC by reverse-ramming it into the map edge.
Old 2013-12-12, 10:33   Link #11109
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I don't like peek-and-poke around corners with the ARL because it's easy to expose your gigantic hull sides, which will not bounce anything ever. It's also very likely to get you tracked.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 10:44   Link #11110
Gravitas Free Zone

I try to keep the ARL moving at things with the hull straight on, maybe a bit of angling. It's somewhat like the Churchills that way, since the track mounts stick out so far into the front... except that the ARL takes damage when hit in the track mounts, so it has to be even more careful.

As far as the fight with the Churchill VII went, it wasn't around a corner as much as it was going up and around a hill... it was the lighthouse area of Cliff. The Churchill was at a 45-degree angle to me, but could pull forward and mostly just expose the turret; I was sheltered by the curve of the hillside so I was also mostly just exposing the turret. The problem was that it could pop out, aim, and shoot a lot faster than I could aim my gun at the relatively-small target that was its turret (first turret, if I hit it it would go through). So since my flank was safe, I just rushed it and put in the solid hit required to knock it out.
Old 2013-12-12, 10:52   Link #11111
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Some results from last night's session:

Spoiler for Su-122-44:

Spoiler for Panzer 3/4:
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 10:59   Link #11112
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

^ I like the name of the guy in last place on the enemy team in the second screenshot. It's...appropriate.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 11:09   Link #11113
Gravitas Free Zone

Last night I encountered two different Touhou-named players in consecutive games.

It was at least a change from the Oddball/Rommel/Guderian/Wittman-named player count.
Old 2013-12-12, 11:52   Link #11114
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Hehe, how fitting. I just rebought the ARL last night. So on topic.

Though I do not plan on free-xping anything on it. Still on the 170 pen 90mm and have neither of the last two guns unlocked. The 105mm looks very funny I'm gonna go for that first.

The modules are pretty expensive for a tier 6. Then I guess most of them are quite optional since the AMX M4 uses a lot of the same things.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 11:55   Link #11115
LeoXiao
思想工作

Oh right the AMX M4 is actually decent. It's sort of like a Tiger II at tier 7 with less armor and better mobility. Gun depression isn't the worst either IIRC.
Old 2013-12-12, 12:00   Link #11116
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I also find it funny that AMX M4 actually has the highest penetration among tier 7 heavies, and yet the posterchild of high penetration tier 7 heavy is always the Tiger.
Old 2013-12-12, 12:05   Link #11117
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm making sure to research the 90mm DCA 45 on the ARL 44 because it is used in some form all the way up to Tier 8.
Old 2013-12-12, 13:35   Link #11118
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I also find it funny that AMX M4 actually has the highest penetration among tier 7 heavies, and yet the posterchild of high penetration tier 7 heavy is always the Tiger.
Look at it this way, at 200+ pen, the Tiger can reliably pen anything within, below or even above its tier. Combined with its fast ROF and excellent accuracy, the 88mm is a wonder to behold.

Having 9 more pen on the AMX M4 is a bit of an overkill. When combined with a relatively lower ROF, such improvement is, imo, not very significant. Not a wonder the 88mm is better regarded.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 13:45   Link #11119
Pen3

But that 105mm with the extra damage from premium ammo is a bonus.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 13:46   Link #11120
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Look at it this way, at 200+ pen, the Tiger can reliably pen anything within, below or even above its tier. Combined with its fast ROF and excellent accuracy, the 88mm is a wonder to behold.

Having 9 more pen on the AMX M4 is a bit of an overkill. When combined with a relatively lower ROF, such improvement is, imo, not very significant.

- Tak
Maybe now, but for the majority of the game's history, Tiger's ROF and aim time had been completely terrible. The L/71 used to be my least favorite gun in the entire game because it's just insulting to give a low-dispersion gun 3 whole seconds of aim time, negating every bit of its supposed advantage(while having the snail-speed reload pre 8.8).

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks