AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-06, 04:01   Link #11481
Pen3

Finally got my new toy and GC wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but it's the only anime skin i could find.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 08:07   Link #11482
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Finally I break my max kill limit to 10 ! This calls for celebration

I did a extensive research on possible tanks candidates like Archer(which is based on Valentine chasis), Achilles(basically a M10 equipped with 17 pdr.) and Challenger

The Sherman Firefly will be coming soon
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:15   Link #11483
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Upper-valley is really the only thing that matters. Town is just for show.
Well, that's just it. The upper valley battle is a couple of rows of tanks hiding behind hills playing alpha peek-a-boo trench warfare for five minutes, occasionally moving when something explodes.

Is it good for micro-gameplay like reload timing, hull-down, and angling? Perhaps. Does it encourage tactics other than USE BIG GUN SHOOT TANK NOW? Not so much.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:51   Link #11484
LeoXiao
思想工作

When was the slightly depressed route on the western edge of the field in Malinovka added? It's made the north spawn ridiculously OP:

Images
And yet, no one seems to use it...
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 14:35   Link #11485
Gravitas Free Zone

Been that way for at least 8.9, I thought.
Old 2014-01-06, 20:08   Link #11486
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Well, that's just it. The upper valley battle is a couple of rows of tanks hiding behind hills playing alpha peek-a-boo trench warfare for five minutes, occasionally moving when something explodes.

Is it good for micro-gameplay like reload timing, hull-down, and angling? Perhaps. Does it encourage tactics other than USE BIG GUN SHOOT TANK NOW? Not so much.
I think it's a nice change of pace. There has been too many campy maps lately and this high alpha peekaboo is a reversal of the trend. Just goes to show that one tank class can't be relevant in all maps just like how arties can't be all that useful on Himmelsdorf. In an ideal world, every map can offer something for everyone and encourage more than one tactic. But this is too much to ask for from WG so I am willing to settle for "various maps featuring various elements" even though "every map featuring various elements" is clearly better.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 22:28   Link #11487
Gravitas Free Zone

The Soviet Union:

Images
When you absolutely, positively have to pad your stats and make money.

I know I've said that I'll never trust people on my team to do anything, but it would be nice if they helped out once in a while.

Images
I outdamaged my ENTIRE TEAM COMBINED. In a SCOUT.

Quote:
I think it's a nice change of pace. There has been too many campy maps lately and this high alpha peekaboo is a reversal of the trend.
It's still kinda campy, it's just campy at very, very short distances. The only way to use maneuver combat is to try to run the city, at which point TDs stationed in the corners will pick off those tanks as soon as they get a sight line.
Old 2014-01-07, 09:00   Link #11488
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Images
if you didn't buy a KV-220 you're missing out

What was that, "wallet warrior"? I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ALL THESE BOUNCES
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 19:10   Link #11489
Gravitas Free Zone

Got the T71 crew to complete their first skill, so they have the critical combination of Sixth Sense, Camo, and Camo. Second skill selection is Camo, Snap Shot, and Off-Road. It feels odd not having any Repair on at this tier, but there's only the three guys... and realistically once the T71 gets significantly shot it's pretty much screwed anyway.

I did equip the Large Repair Kit for a small repair speed buff, though for obvious financial reasons I'd be reluctant to actually pop the kit unless multiple crits happened... such as the freaking two engine hits in a row I had earlier.

At this point, with their effective camo skill at least 67% (and improving), I think I might pull the camo net and replace it with... something. It's got a Vertical Stabilizer and Coated Optics now, I could go with Vents for a (tiny) improvement in reload time and the tiny buff to soft stats... the GLD could be useful, but it's a T71, so it does a lot of shooting on the move and if I have the time to sit still to aim it's not a long aim time anyway... or I could stuff a Toolbox on for the moment, which would be a bit of a waste.
Old 2014-01-07, 19:43   Link #11490
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And with this I'm bowing out of the game again for maybe three months. Thesis comes first.
Old 2014-01-08, 01:51   Link #11491
Gravitas Free Zone

I scout because it's not boring.

Images
It's bloody terrifying.
Old 2014-01-08, 02:34   Link #11492
Pen3

A pretty decent game on Chi-Ri.

Victory!
Arctic Region 1/8/2014 1:21:54 AM
Type 5 Chi-Ri
2,037 57,762

Images
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 02:35   Link #11493
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I scout because it's not boring.
Getting 3000xp in a Pz 38 NA is nothing short of impressive. Replay pls.
Old 2014-01-08, 09:21   Link #11494
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Getting 3000xp in a Pz 38 NA is nothing short of impressive. Replay pls.
Uh... it's only 1000 XP, plus the premium bonus, plus the daily first win multiplier.

But if you must know...

Redshire, south spawn, drove into the passive scouting tree clump at the bottom of the ridge, watched things light up. Had minor incident where the AMX 12t almost drives into me. Got caught repositioning and was very lucky shooting at the Jackson. Participated in deranged endgame arty hunt.

Also, was backed up by very large guns.

And another small note, this is running Optics/Binos/Camo Net after I switched the crew to have both Situational Awareness (100%) and Recon (85%). Crew already maxed on Camouflage, and Sixth Sense obviously. I had to gimp Repair, but so it goes.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-01-08 at 10:03.
Old 2014-01-08, 13:20   Link #11495
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Hmm, maybe I should give the Chaffee another try. I did work hard for the Chaf...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 13:29   Link #11496
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Wow I just looked up nA and it doesn't even have 400m view range. Really? Most mediums(and even some heavies...) that appear in the battles it gets into have more view range than it does.

Also, UTE is so cool. One has to wonder what kind of mental process took place for you to keep the nA and playing it for several hundred battles Maybe it is the lesser of the tier 4 scout evils, but still...
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 14:12   Link #11497
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Wow I just looked up nA and it doesn't even have 400m view range. Really? Most mediums(and even some heavies...) that appear in the battles it gets into have more view range than it does.
Tier 4 scouting has been hit so hard by power creep that it's not even funny. To even be remotely competitive on view range (unless they're looking at a Soviet heavy) most of the low-tier scouts need all of the optical help that they can get. The Tier 4 scouts don't even have the base view range of several Tier 4 TDs.

Quote:
Also, UTE is so cool. One has to wonder what kind of mental process took place for you to keep the nA and playing it for several hundred battles Maybe it is the lesser of the tier 4 scout evils, but still...
I was using the 38nA as a mascot. A couple of months ago, with the 8.6 accuracy buff and artillery nerf making scouting very unpopular, I dropped it for a while, but it's back now due to the weird feeling of persisting in a pointless niche.

Also, the microderp on the M5 Stuart has one minor advantage, in doing pretty good damage to open-topped vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, maybe I should give the Chaffee another try. I did work hard for the Chaf...
I'm now within a couple of day's grinding for the Chaffee, meaning that the M5 Stuart joins the M3 Lee in the category of tanks I didn't want to go through again after I'd gone through them the first time... but did. The Chaffee hasn't been hit be rebalancing like the VK2801 and T-50-2 have, but now having used the T71 for a little while, I think the T71 is going to eat its lunch... the Chaffee's numbers look like the T21's numbers, but with lower HP. Though at least it isn't as big as the T21. The T71 does better than both... and the T20 has nearly the same view range and a real gun (though it's a medium).

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-01-08 at 14:24.
Old 2014-01-08, 17:31   Link #11498
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I forgot how painful it was to play a Tier 10 without a premium account.

Logged in with my Leo I, got two kills, caused high DMG, and lost 35K as a result of a victory.

SIGH...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2014-01-08 at 18:16.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 00:41   Link #11499
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Uh... it's only 1000 XP, plus the premium bonus, plus the daily first win multiplier.

But if you must know...

Also, was backed up by very large guns.
Yeah, I can now see why you didn't post the replay at the start. It was rather... uneventful except for that one part where you got into the with the Jackson. Youre team really helped you out.

Also, per your advice about optics, I decided to put some on my Chi-nu. So far the tank is pretty fun, not sure how much of that is due to extended vision though.
Old 2014-01-09, 01:17   Link #11500
Gravitas Free Zone

It was a long time ago, but IIRC my actual Ace Tanker game in the Pz38nA involved a Top Gun and doing a lot of shooting, versus passive spotting.

The part with the Jackson involved some luck and goofs on my part. I got a little irked when the JP4 drove up to my position, which ran the risk of getting me damaged in the inevitable scrum, but at least the other team blew their cover shooting at the guy.

The terror usually kicks in during the end game, when driving out to find the arty is usually combined with waiting for Sixth Sense to go off and/or eating a random HE round. I had an M5 Stuart game go similarly an hour ago, when I crossed the river in Highway (we spawned southwest) to figure out just where half of the enemy heavies were. Turned out that they were at their base, spinning their turrets in circles. Still not what you want to see.

Another WoTLabs ramble about vision control.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks