AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 19:19   Link #1561
The Green One

As Enternal said, people do stupid stuff sometimes. The end of episode 3 showed the Kendo club mooks were no threat at all to Tatsuya and they heavily outnumbered him. He didn't feel the need to report them. News of the event clearly spread around so whatever staff committee that has oversight over these types of clubs undoubtedly had some harsh words for them.

What need is there to suspend them anyway? Tatsuya quite thoroughly publicly humiliated them with ease. I'd say that will sting far more then anything else will.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 19:29   Link #1562
HandofFate

If the other members all used magic against Tatsuya, and he reported it, I think the club probably would have got shut down, but Tatsuya jammed it before it went into effect, so Kirihara was the only one that used magic. That's the only thing the committee is concerned about. The rest attacking Tatsuya is at max just a verbal reprimand.

Kirihara using Sonic Blade against Mibu is literally a crime. Worst case scenario is Kirihara gets expelled, arrested, and disowned by his family for the shame. School gets tons of news drama ect. So they decided to settle things internally and save face to make as little noise as possible.

Kirihara messed up big time, and he knew it, he's going to try his best to be as passive and cooperative now.
Old 2014-04-26, 19:32   Link #1563
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Society would always focused on its best resources, whether it be people or otherwise, Mahouka portrays that quiet well..........
In real society, a student with course 2 ability can get into course 1 if his/her family pays the school enough...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 19:36   Link #1564
Miraluka
Banned

^ True story .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 19:57   Link #1565
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Shows combat/plot: OMG, wtf just happened, i don't get it, this shit doesn't make sense.

shows infodump/exposition: stop showing me more info about the world. more plot please.

Can't satisfy them all.
Exactly
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 19:59   Link #1566
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I am dropping this show, so far I've found it pretty damn boring.
The first ark is way too slow; but on the second arc things really pick up. I have recomended everyone that I know of to not watch this unless they marathon something like 8 or 9 chapters in one go. Fast forwarding if necessary
Old 2014-04-26, 20:06   Link #1567
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Spoiler for possible spoiler:
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:07   Link #1568
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Spoiler for possible spoiler:
Yes. Yes it was.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:18   Link #1569
karuroso

Four epis so far and I have to say its very interisting and i'm liking it however its also very disappointing since its not living up its hype as the next "new big hit" and basicaly two major reasons for it:

1) the goddamn "incest", well I know it isnt exatcly incest as it has only been used for comedy so far, and I particularly dont care if whether theres an entire vol explaining why Miyuki is the way she is, in the end it doesnt change the fact she is lusting after her brother D=

2) all the little action feels like it needs a crapload of explanation after it ends, consequently making it boring.

If the anime continues to be like this, i doubt that by the end of the season it will make me want to invest my time into reading the lns because so far it gives me the impression that half of it is composed of explanations and it also gives the uncomfortable sensation that the end girl will be Miyuki D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:19   Link #1570
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Four epis so far and I have to say its very interisting and i'm liking it however its also very disappointing since its not living up its hype as the next "new big hit" and basicaly two major reasons for it:

1) the goddamn "incest", well I know it isnt exatcly incest as it has only been used for comedy so far, and I particularly dont care if whether theres an entire vol explaining why Miyuki is the way she is, in the end it doesnt change the fact she is lusting after her brother D=

2) all the little action feels like it needs a crapload of explanation after it ends,consequently making it boring.

If the anime continues to be like this, i doubt that by the end of the season it will make me want to invest my time into reading the lns because so far it gives me the impression that half of it is composed of explanations and it also gives the unconfortable sensation that the end girl will be Miyuki D=
I assure you that the exposition and action ratio will level off as the plot progresses.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:34   Link #1571
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post

2) all the little action feels like it needs a crapload of explanation after it ends, consequently making it boring.

If the anime continues to be like this, i doubt that by the end of the season it will make me want to invest my time into reading the lns because so far it gives me the impression that half of it is composed of explanations and it also gives the uncomfortable sensation that the end girl will be Miyuki D=
Trust me when I say that the action gets 10x better. Wait till the the next arc (vols 3 & 4) rolls in. That's when the OMGs will start flying around.

However, I agree with you when it comes to Miyuki. Just take a look at my post on the previous page. The incest vibe is strong with her & that's annoying as fuck IMO.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:42   Link #1572
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

most of the viewers would be bored at this episode, even i got bored, even monogatari's conversations were enjoyable than this. ( have read the manga)

Last edited by Bakaizer; 2014-04-26 at 21:00.
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:48   Link #1573
millie10468

The people touting "It'll get xxxxly better", how sure are you that your definition of better matches up with other peoples? Considering the fact that this is LN adaptation, and such adaptations are not known for being as good you're claiming the anime will get, shouldn't you be more moderate in your claims? I would hate for anime-only viewers to build up unrealistic expectations based on claims that "it will get better" only to be disappointed in the end and feel like their time was wasted.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:58   Link #1574
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
The people touting "It'll get xxxxly better", how sure are you that your definition of better matches up with other peoples? Considering the fact that this is LN adaptation, and such adaptations are not known for being as good you're claiming the anime will get, shouldn't you be more moderate in your claims? I would hate for anime-only viewers to build up unrealistic expectations based on claims that "it will get better" only to be disappointed in the end and feel like their time was wasted.
What else can we say? What other definition is there for "better" other than lots of fighting?
Old 2014-04-26, 20:58   Link #1575
Xelphus

I'll never understand the obsession with imouto-cest >.>
Xelphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:59   Link #1576
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphus View Post
I'll never understand the obsession with imouto-cest >.>
You are not alone....

Anyway Erika; Miyuki and Mizuki was so cute on that cafe scene.

Erika training wearing a Hakama is so badass.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 21:15   Link #1577
Vezon

Not sure if it was the translations, but I wished I part of a group called the Extracurricular Activities Federation. What a great name!

Overall it was a very informant episode.

Main complaints was that teacher high pitch voice, and at the end of the episode when Tatsuya and Miyuki were holding hands, it was too much. They might as well be a couple.
Old 2014-04-26, 21:26   Link #1578
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
What else can we say? What other definition is there for "better" other than lots of fighting?
Ahh, for some, "better" may be a less OP character or less Miyuki. What then?

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 22:21   Link #1579
araragi92

Favorite male and female characters (anime)

Happy for Tatsuya, Sora, Kano, Tohka, Miyuki and Shiro
araragi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 22:30   Link #1580
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Whoa, Kagepro rules that chart. Almost all the members of the Mekakushi Dan are on that list. Still, Mahouka takes both #1 spots.

Btw, you should also post that pic on the Kagepro thread since most of its characters made the list.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural