Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-07-18, 16:31   Link #4061
Charbone
Crimson Princess

Wink

hey guys

wow i'm back again.after my final exams ( yes man, i passed it! kyha~)

man yesterday was so exciting i mean the Women's World cup i never saw such a good final,danm but overall this World Cup was one of the best i ever saw From the begining my heart beats for The japanese team, even if they had kicked the german team away ;/ so congratulations again, Japan \ ^.^/

But anyway

I counted the days until Shakugan no Shana Final comes out and there are only around 100 Days left oO fuck yea. But on the other hand I'm really sad, I mean after this season it's over Sometimes I wish S'n'S becomes a never ending anime like Conan, or One piece )(i mean, ever friday a new part of S'n'S is just awesome, isn't it? ), but on the other Hand this destorys the hole anime story.Well and if those 100 days are over and the frist part is aring i'm going to die at the opening (well i don't think that they make a opning at part one...)
Charbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 16:40   Link #4062
liquidblueocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The teaser for season 3 shows the bridge scene from novel 16, while the anime overall ended at novel 14 where Yuji dissappears and goes evil, while rallying about the Bal Masque when Shana and Kazumi look for him. That's practically volume 14 there, volume 15 is a flashback volume of a flame haze we haven't met. I believe they plan to animate that volume although it still serves no major purpose for story overall.

My paragraph above explains volume 14-15.
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
While I'm not all that knowledgable about volume 11-13, since I only remember up to volume 9-10 before the skip to volume 14 since second season already covered most of the novels even though it was majorly anime original. Then again, it chopped out development of other flame hazes that will appear later in the volumes.
I'm exactly in the same situation, which is why I'm still after a summary of vols 11-13. The anime reminds us of what's in the novels, but these volumes are sketchy... I'm assuming 12 contains the arrival of Pheles, but without Konoe Fumina existing in the novels these three volumes need something else as a replacement!

Quote:
Volume 22 is basically where the volume will end (Guess I was counting extras this whole time ), so when it releases before season 3 reaches its ending. Then it will be right there that J.C. Staff will have no excuse over not enough information from the volumes to finish it. So if they really want to tarnish their remaining reputation to dust and lose major profit then they can just go ahead and mess with season 3.
As licensees of SNS from the author, I'd assumed they have some sort of capability for contact, to even discuss the plot ending way before the novel comes out and to even set good timing for marketing and release of the novel/anime.

SNS-I had plenty of material from the books. JC Staff did well for themselves and excitedly brought out SNS-II before the books had the material available, hence the anime-original junk. I'm very confident JC knows vol 22 already, so I'm quite hopeful of it being a slimlined match.

Last edited by liquidblueocean; 2011-07-18 at 17:04.
liquidblueocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 18:34   Link #4063
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Actually, Pheles came around volume 9. Also if you are all curious before season 3 starts about novels 16-21. Someone edited on the Shakugan no Shana Wiki webpage (don't know how long that summary has been there) with a decent summary of all those novels. While we wait for novel 22 to release. Check it out here all the way to 21, honestly I just noticed there was a summary for all those novels just now
Old 2011-07-18, 18:56   Link #4064
Pwnography

Yo, i'm new here.
I have a questions.

Someone could make a summary(fast) of main events in Volume 21?

Just to finish...
Will it give it to adapt all the remaining volumes(including 22) in this third season?

Thank you.
Pwnography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 19:37   Link #4065
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnography View Post
Yo, i'm new here.
I have a questions.

Someone could make a summary(fast) of main events in Volume 21?

Just to finish...
Will it give it to adapt all the remaining volumes(including 22) in this third season?

Thank you.
Check the Shana wiki, link in the post above you.
We assume that the remaining events eill all be adapted for Season Three yes.

Also one question. When Sydoney lost his hand to the keeping on the Reiji Maigo Yuji gained capacity of existence from the remaining part. So then if Yuji and Snake part bodies will Yuji then have as large an existence as Snake does?
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 10:09   Link #4066
nfsac

By volume 24, did Yuji returned to his normal body or is he still with that big hair and fuse with the snake of festival?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 11:11   Link #4067
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

(Its actually volume 21-22, volume 24 doesn't exist unless you do count extras) but Yuji is still with Snake so we don't know what happens next. We will have to wait and see what happens in volume 22 to know what truly happens in the end.
Old 2011-07-19, 11:21   Link #4068
nfsac

Volume 22 then, will be the last one?

When will it be released?
Old 2011-07-19, 11:23   Link #4069
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yes

While season 3 is airing and nearing the end of the season.
Old 2011-07-19, 12:44   Link #4070
nfsac

Nice

Yuji looks changed much after getting the power of the snake.
I wonder if he'll become a normal teen again,
Old 2011-07-20, 08:41   Link #4071
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Can't wait for 22. I was looking at my Shana novel collection from 1-21 plus S, and it made me feel sad that in 2-3 months, my collection will be completed. Bittersweet realization, trust me T.T
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 22:04   Link #4072
Amagetu

Someone in the MS forums said SnS concluded at 21.

Where did they get that idea?
Amagetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 22:13   Link #4073
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Probably from the looong delay between novels. Then again, the wait for novel 21 was in itself long as well and the ending for 21 doesn't make it look like it ended there so I don't know aside from they just gave up on waiting for a next novel. The ending for novel 21 had Shana rescuing Kazumi who was locked up in Tartaros, then Kazumi finally deciding to use the artifact that Pheles gave her.
Old 2011-07-21, 22:58   Link #4074
Amagetu

Quote:
Probably from the looong delay between novels. Then again, the wait for novel 21 was in itself long as well and the ending for 21 doesn't make it look like it ended there so I don't know aside from they just gave up on waiting for a next novel. The ending for novel 21 had Shana rescuing Kazumi who was locked up in Tartaros, then Kazumi finally deciding to use the artifact that Pheles gave her.
So then there is no idea where he got that it was the last novel from, seeing as their is no conclusion there.
Old 2011-07-22, 16:29   Link #4075
liquidblueocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amagetu View Post
Someone in the MS forums said SnS concluded at 21.

Where did they get that idea?
The author always puts a short hello/thankyou at the end of each volume. Vol 21's Author Notes say that 22 will be the last...
liquidblueocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 17:41   Link #4076
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

We even got notice that when volume 20 was released. It was part 1 of the final 3 volumes that are going to be released.
Old 2011-07-23, 14:56   Link #4077
Amagetu

I hope when the next volume comes out some people can post a quick summary, so we can see what to expect from the anime. That is if it comes out before the anime nears a conclusion.
Old 2011-07-23, 18:33   Link #4078
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That's the plan, while the anime season is nearing the end. They will plan to release volume 22.
Old 2011-07-24, 23:29   Link #4079
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Since I spoiled myself the whole Season 3, I hope I don't get the volume 22 spoilers, so at least the final can surprise me a bit
Old 2011-07-24, 23:31   Link #4080
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm sure there will be no spoilers here unless the anime deviates from the original storyline.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen