AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-22, 19:56   Link #461
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Haha, you guys seem to be overestimating Kimi by far.

The sound nins beat 2 jounins returning from a mission, 2 vs 1, and they all had to turn curse seal lvl 2, AND were tired afterwards. I mean seriously, it isnt all that impressive. The jounins they beat were normal nobody jounins, people like gai, kurenai, kakashi etc are much better than they.

Now saying that Kimi could beat any of the 4 sounds is saying that he is the most poweful of the 4, but thats pretty much it. That puts him at possibly normal jounin level, or lower, at curse seal lvl 2. However it is incredible for someone his age.

From what weve seen from Gaara, being the only one to complete the chuunin exam that fast and unscathed, is amazing, even a chuunin said he could not pull that off. The gaara fighting was different from what we seen as well. He was completely together, using the full extent of his strength, unlike when he faught lee, Naruto, and Sasuke. Given all this ild say its quite believable that Gaara could pull this off.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 20:02   Link #462
Alchemist

that 232 summary sounds like what will happen.... too bad we'll see the real end to the fight in 233. Can someone tell me again why o why are weekly manga chapters 18 pages for nearly every manga out there? I'd take half the mangas in shounen jump with twice as many pages over any magazine. ;__;
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 20:56   Link #463
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi

The sound nins beat 2 jounins returning from a mission, 2 vs 1, and they all had to turn curse seal lvl 2, AND were tired afterwards. I mean seriously, it isnt all that impressive. The jounins they beat were normal nobody jounins, people like gai, kurenai, kakashi etc are much better than they.

Now saying that Kimi could beat any of the 4 sounds is saying that he is the most poweful of the 4, but thats pretty much it. That puts him at possibly normal jounin level, or lower, at curse seal lvl 2. However it is incredible for someone his age.

From what weve seen from Gaara, being the only one to complete the chuunin exam that fast and unscathed, is amazing, even a chuunin said he could not pull that off. The gaara fighting was different from what we seen as well. He was completely together, using the full extent of his strength, unlike when he faught lee, Naruto, and Sasuke. Given all this ild say its quite believable that Gaara could pull this off.
facing a normal jounin is easy for kimi. And advanced jounin would most likely beat him, but not completely wreck him. He is basically indestructible and has amazing attacks that have a huge attack radius.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 21:44   Link #464
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Good point guys, im speechless.

Let me put it like this. The fact that Gaara survived al those incredible attack from Kimimaro TO the point where Kimimaro died (tough luck kimi die screaming) is tough to swallow for me, While you guys are right that Kimi would have won if he dind't well..died...I still can't get over the fact that he put up such a good fight against an enemy of kakashi's level(arguably )

Because in the end, it was Gaara's strength that got him that far, his imo exagerated strength.
Well Gaara would have probably won taking out Kimi's sickness if he had just floated a bit higher and maybe if by luck Lee wasn't there.... so Kimi lost by luck and he would only win by luck...

And we have seen stronger from Gaara(when he fully transforms into Shukaku that should even dwarf the 'overpowered' Gaara by an incredible amount'. And wasn't that finishing attack Kimi's strongest attack? As I said before all Gaara had to do was float higher then Kimi would run out of chakra sooner or later.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 23:05   Link #465
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
facing a normal jounin is easy for kimi. And advanced jounin would most likely beat him, but not completely wreck him. He is basically indestructible and has amazing attacks that have a huge attack radius.
I'm sorry, where in the manga did anyone say that Kimmimaro was jounin level. The better question would be, where in the whole manga has Kimmimaro killed a jounin. Don't make comments that have no text basis.

P.S. I wouldn't call someone who had blood gushing out of their body indestructible along with the fact that he died of a sickness which means he definantly is vulnerable to viruses and other substances that are none to weaken and destroy the human body.

And nice sig by the way.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 00:52   Link #466
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Just to add some points,

Kimmimaro is an overpowered character - someone that normal jounins would probably have alot of problems with. With bones like that, he had the ultimate defense and attack ability.

If Kishimoto wanted someone that was capable of fighting Naruto, and thus enabling Sasuke to complete his cursed seal process, even Kabuto would have done the trick. But no, he had to come along and introduce a character that had an ability that rivaled the demons sealed within Naruto and Gaara.

The only thing that held Kimmimaro back was his illness, a weakness that seemed awfully contrived to me.

Then the three Sand genins come busting in with their moves. Kankuro was the most logical - although most gruesome. Temari was... well, her jutsu wiped out a large portion of forest, duh. And Gaara conjured up a tidal wave of Sand to bury Kimmimaro.

WTF? *SIGH*

It only shows that putting out very powerful enemies for your characters (when it is acknowledged that none of them are that powerful) to fight is a poor decision...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:01   Link #467
UserName

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Just to add some points,

Kimmimaro is an overpowered character - someone that normal jounins would probably have alot of problems with. With bones like that, he had the ultimate defense and attack ability.

If Kishimoto wanted someone that was capable of fighting Naruto, and thus enabling Sasuke to complete his cursed seal process, even Kabuto would have done the trick. But no, he had to come along and introduce a character that had an ability that rivaled the demons sealed within Naruto and Gaara.

The only thing that held Kimmimaro back was his illness, a weakness that seemed awfully contrived to me.

Then the three Sand genins come busting in with their moves. Kankuro was the most logical - although most gruesome. Temari was... well, her jutsu wiped out a large portion of forest, duh. And Gaara conjured up a tidal wave of Sand to bury Kimmimaro.

WTF? *SIGH*

It only shows that putting out very powerful enemies for your characters (when it is acknowledged that none of them are that powerful) to fight is a poor decision...
I think that was a good choice, better than having the only strong characters Naruto and Sasuke, it would make the show boring. The only match up for them soon will be the sannins if they don't have other powerful characters.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:28   Link #468
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
The sound nins beat 2 jounins returning from a mission, 2 vs 1, and they all had to turn curse seal lvl 2
You might want to check upon that again lad. Never is it shown (chapter 184-185) that they actually transform in lvl2, Genma spits out his toothpick and the fight starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
I think that was a good choice, better than having the only strong characters Naruto and Sasuke, it would make the show boring. The only match up for them soon will be the sannins if they don't have other powerful characters.
that's the whole point...If the rest wasnt' that strong, there was no need for the Sasuke - Naruto fight to get so over the top.
Old 2004-09-23, 01:57   Link #469
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
You might want to check upon that again lad. Never is it shown (chapter 184-185) that they actually transform in lvl2, Genma spits out his toothpick and the fight starts.
They say afterwards that it's too tiring to use level two, but that it was necessary in the jounin fight.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 02:06   Link #470
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
They say afterwards that it's too tiring to use level two, but that it was necessary in the jounin fight.
how bitter for me, your right, ignore that point then.
Old 2004-09-23, 13:23   Link #471
Dark Trigger

Sasuke will grow wings and at the end of the chapter we'll get another Rasengan vs. Chidori.
Dark Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 14:22   Link #472
chamelean75

Well we for sure now know that Naruto is stronger than Sasuke cause Sasuke had to use the borrowed power from Orochimaru.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 14:42   Link #473
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamelean75
Well we for sure now know that Naruto is stronger than Sasuke cause Sasuke had to use the borrowed power from Orochimaru.
And Naruto uses borrowed power from Kyuubi...what's your point?
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 14:47   Link #474
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The curse seal borrow power from the user, not from an external source.
At the contrary to the Kyubi I would say.

Why can't you just accept that both the Kyubi and the curse seal are part of the strength of their user?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote