AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-16, 00:06   Link #601
The Green One

It'd be good for Issei if he could learn some magic, but the series has shown he just has no talent at it and it's just more productive to focus his efforts on other things. He never be anything more then mediocre with it. Maybe he could increase his dragon shot power and his bishop mode abilities but that's about it.
Old 2013-01-16, 00:13   Link #602
Chris38

Regarding the discussion about magic, I think that the only thing that Ise has to do, is learn some kind of spell, that would increase his chances of hitting a male opponent (since Ise already has that kind of spell for female opponents )

In other words, increase the number of techniques / skills that he has, which would increase the odds of Ise wining in a situation, where he can't use an overwhelming amount of power... and for that, the enchantments that Ise gained from his new body (which, haven't been fully explained, but I believe that a body made by Ophis / Great Red, has definitely increased Ise's base stats, a little bit...) + the boost he gains in his various BB modes, are probably enough...

After all, I doubt that the power setting of High School DxD is going to reach a point, where some of the characters would be capable of blowing up an entire planet, if they aren't careful...

At least to me, something like that would be a ... little too much
Old 2013-01-16, 18:52   Link #603
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I'M BACK! Ok, I'll settle down now. It has been a while but when one's employed again, time is never in abundance.

I think I know the perfect spell/technique that Ise could learn that would round out his repertoire of techniques. Namely that he could emulate Azazel's gender-flipping device to use on males to do like in the short stories to allow him to use all his female only techniques on the now female opponents.

I got that idea after reading the short story of Ise's sickness and how Kiba purposely flipped himself for Ise's benefit. (Personally, I wonder if Kiba would like life better if he were to permanently become female just to get in on the Ise Harem legitimately.) When Ise stated that the device was sealed, but could come in handy at a later time, I got to thinking that Ise could copy it's effects to solve the main limitation of his female only attacks.

And like all things there could be a variable to how effective it would be when given who his opponent is. I was thinking that when used on a weak or vulnerable opponent, not only would they be turned female, but their entire psyche would also be feminized. So no matter how macho they used to be, or think they were, they would end up becoming a maiden of maidens.

The lesser effected victims would probably cover all the other female personality stereotypes all the way up to tom-boyish being the last of the female oriented personality types imposed onto formerly male opponents. The last effect that could happen and only to strongly resistant opponents would probably just be the gender flip and no mental effect, so in essence just a man in a female body. Which could be hilarious in and of itself, especially if they're perverted and would do just like any other man in a female body would do.... go someplace private to go "test" that body's new features. Or an even less effective version would be turning the opponent into a futanari, which would make just about anyone awkward, unless they're into that.

And now, after this, I'ma go back through some of the pages here and see if I can find the release date for volume 14, since a friend of mine showed me a sample of the cover... which also gets me into wanting to see if you guys may have posted a high resolution version of said cover.

Cheers!
Old 2013-01-16, 21:01   Link #604
Vinley

That idea sounds sorta disturbing, but after I think of it it just isn't really practical.

What if he fights a giant dragon or a golem? Wait....... That might make a moe character, a loli with a dragon tail that's a tsundere........... I withdraw all objections except one, what if he fights an enemy that dosen't have a physical body and is a living flame or some crap?...... Wait, I just remembered 'nyaruko San'........ Check it out......... Lesbian elder gods...... Cthuga and a Cthulhu ..............genius...... GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I just realized that that was pretty fool proof plan, but being saved by comedy dosen't work if you do it to much, wouldn't it be banned from rating games? And how would he use it? I haven't read the original side story where the ray gun first appeared, what if it's giant and stationary? How would he even lug it around in that case?
Old 2013-01-17, 19:01   Link #605
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
It is a fairly fool resistant plan.

There aren't many things that can stand up to being "manipulated" on such a level, and depending on whether it's permanent or temporary, would reflect on if it gets banned or not in the Rating Games. Only genderless opponents wouldn't be effected much, or perhaps even then they would become female regardless.

As for the other item, I did say he wouldn't have the ray gun, he would be the ray gun. To use it, I would think he would implement it the same way as Dress Break, or like Ravel once suggested, attaching the effect to his Dragon Shot, or his Traina Bishop shot so it can be used at range.

Of course, I do think it could be added to his arsenal in one of several ways. One being he would use a reversed version of Transfer to take the gun's ability into himself to use. Or like how he trained his Bilingual use his mental imagination powers to develop it in his own way by literally twisting reality around him and his target to get the desired effect. He'd be training a whole lot with Kiba on that one since he's quite the babe when female, and even shook Ise's sensibilities rather hard in the resent short story. A world full of pretty women, I believe that would suit his tastes quite well.
Old 2013-01-18, 06:20   Link #606
n0m@n
C-Z

Hmm. Just got some information about volume 14 from those who have read it before hand.
Might as well share it.

Quote:
Like Miyama said, there arent much illustration. 1 colour and 3 non-colour illustration.
Non-colour illustration seems to be awesome. One is where Kiryuu demonstrates her "technique", another one Ravel, and third one is Asia and Fafnir.
Ise's ero-healing sessions is still going on. Because of GR and Ophis's power, his life can go 0 or infinite.

Rias creates new special move(About time!)
All of Akeno's magics got a dragon attribute.

The person who has the longinus is related to Gasper so he decided to go back to his home.
Ise's familiar name is Ryuuteimaru.

The war between vampire is divided into two factions of "Tepes faction"(Male vampires) and "Camila faction"(female vampires).

The director of the magicians is Mephistopheles and his Queen is Tanin!(I didnt see that coming....finally a male non-human type Queen)

Sona's new servants is Rugal and Bennia who are loli-grim reapers!(damn looks like my guess is way off)

The enemy of this volume is the Evil-Dragon Grendel and Grayfia's younger brother, Euclid.

The Khaos Faction is still active even without Cao Cao.

Asia's new familiar is Fafnir!!(Lol, the precious thing Asia had to offer was......her panties......wtf)

Ise apparently doesnt use Balance-Breaker....?

Ravel shows that she is a strategist.
Ravel and Ise having bath together! It also reveals why she was attracted to Ise.
The enemy are after Ravel.

Some of them gets caught by enemy like Gasper and Koneko.

Raiser also appears but he arrives after all the matter is settled.
Ravel also sits on Ise's lap. Looks like Ravel and Koneko will fight for the position of his lap.

Also it seems like Vali will be fighting Grendel.

Sakra(Indra) is increasing his force to face of Shiva!(Nice! Shiva will be mentioned)

The names of other characters that appeared are Crom Cruach, Aži Dahāka, Apophis, Grendel, Yamata no orochi, Ladon, and Níðhǫggr. They are the Evil-Dragon class.....(Wow, more dragons. Looks like it will be a battle of dragons now.....)

And Tiamat is considered the strongest Dragon-King.(Instead of Fafnir I thought Tiamat was going to make a pact with Asia....)
So many wtf moments.
Nice. Looks like Fafnir is a hentai lol.
The thing about tannin really shocked me, and also about the new dragon-classes.
Old 2013-01-18, 06:36   Link #607
Kutra

So Ise can become immortal?
Old 2013-01-18, 06:45   Link #608
Kirihara_R

woahh... i didn't expect that, no wonder in the ss onsen isse and grayfia talked about her family ..looks like a foreshadow for about to happen ..
and mephistopheles is there a chance that he's one of the 3 super devil that azazel mentioned?
Old 2013-01-18, 06:45   Link #609
Tchadnis

i am a bit confuse about that .. his life can go 0 or infinite ? infinite ok but 0 ???? o_O
Old 2013-01-18, 07:09   Link #610
cyberdemon

How can Fafnir be Asia's familiar? He doesn't even have a body right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
i am a bit confuse about that .. his life can go 0 or infinite ? infinite ok but 0 ???? o_O
probably just means that his life is very unstable atm. Probably no different than after the use of JD. Yet it can be repaired the same way but there aren't any limits to how much.
Old 2013-01-18, 07:14   Link #611
Chris38

LOL ... so many intresting things to look toward too...

Looks like the current new arc is going to be pretty amazing...

Considering the fact, that so many new characthers have been introduced, I doubt that the entire situation is going to be resolved in a single volume...

And Ise could be inmortal... I have to say, that I haven't expected that... looks like now the girls in his harem are going to have to have their lifespan's increased in some way, since judging from this infromation, Ise is going to be the one, who will outlive them (except for Ophis, so at least, he won't remain completly alone )
Old 2013-01-18, 07:45   Link #612
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
How can Fafnir be Asia's familiar? He doesn't even have a body right now.

probably just means that his life is very unstable atm. Probably no different than after the use of JD. Yet it can be repaired the same way but there aren't any limits to how much.
and there i was hoping it would be all fixed after volume 12 .. but i have to admit , missing the "healing" session would be bad haha .; it one of the best part of the whole "you going to die in 100 years" drama
Old 2013-01-18, 07:45   Link #613
sky black swordman

Curious as to how Akeno gain this dragon attribute.
And Fafnir is pervert ?! Maybe with this people will get of Ise's back about being a peverted dragon!
With these new evil dragons, I wonder if we will see another two heavenly dragon team up vs evil dragons action.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-01-18 at 08:00.
Old 2013-01-18, 07:53   Link #614
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Curious as to how Akeno gain this dragon attribute.
And Fafnir is pervert ?! Maybe with this people will get of Ise back about being a peverted dragon!
With these new evil dragons, I wonder if we will see some another two heavenly dragon team up vs evil dragons action.
Probably Akeno obtain dragon attribute after extracting Ise`s dragon power from his hand, like a side effect
Old 2013-01-18, 08:26   Link #615
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow, I am greatly surprise and interested. So many things to look forward reading.

Quote:
Like Miyama said, there arent much illustration. 1 colour and 3 non-colour illustration.
Non-colour illustration seems to be awesome. One is where Kiryuu demonstrates her "technique", another one Ravel, and third one is Asia and Fafnir.
Ise's ero-healing sessions is still going on. Because of GR and Ophis's power, his life can go 0 or infinite.

Rias creates new special move(About time!)
All of Akeno's magics got a dragon attribute.

The person who has the longinus is related to Gasper so he decided to go back to his home.
Ise's familiar name is Ryuuteimaru.

The war between vampire is divided into two factions of "Tepes faction"(Male vampires) and "Camila faction"(female vampires).

The director of the magicians is Mephistopheles and his Queen is Tanin!(I didnt see that coming....finally a male non-human type Queen)

Sona's new servants is Rugal and Bennia who are loli-grim reapers!(damn looks like my guess is way off)

The enemy of this volume is the Evil-Dragon Grendel and Grayfia's younger brother, Euclid.

The Khaos Faction is still active even without Cao Cao.

Asia's new familiar is Fafnir!!(Lol, the precious thing Asia had to offer was......her panties......wtf)

Ise apparently doesnt use Balance-Breaker....?

Ravel shows that she is a strategist.
Ravel and Ise having bath together! It also reveals why she was attracted to Ise.
The enemy are after Ravel.

Some of them gets caught by enemy like Gasper and Koneko.

Raiser also appears but he arrives after all the matter is settled.
Ravel also sits on Ise's lap. Looks like Ravel and Koneko will fight for the position of his lap.

Also it seems like Vali will be fighting Grendel.

Sakra(Indra) is increasing his force to face of Shiva!(Nice! Shiva will be mentioned)

The names of other characters that appeared are Crom Cruach, Aži Dahāka, Apophis, Grendel, Yamata no orochi, Ladon, and Níðhǫggr. They are the Evil-Dragon class.....(Wow, more dragons. Looks like it will be a battle of dragons now.....)

And Tiamat is considered the strongest Dragon-King.(Instead of Fafnir I thought Tiamat was going to make a pact with Asia....)
Looking forward to see Rias' new ability, I thought she wasn't suppose to be in this volume though based off the preview I think, still a nice surprise.

About Akeno getting Dragon attributes, no surprise I think Akeno did the most of the sucking up the magic than Rias. Who knows maybe Rias' new ability is something she got from Ise's attribute as well.

A civil war between Vampires, one side is male and the other is female. What are the chances Ise and company will side with the females?

New characters pop up like Grendel and Grayfia's younger brother, Asia made a contract with Fafnir.

Ise doesn't use balance breaker, I wonder if he can't or if he is developing his skills to fight without balance breaker. Also wonder why Ise doesn't take a crack against Grendel.

A bunch of evil dragons are the new enemy, Ise will no doubt either evolve his Dragon powers or his new Dragon body that he gotten from Ophis and Great Red(actually both can be considered the same thing).

Ravel finally gets her relationship upgrade, I wonder who is next.
Old 2013-01-18, 08:36   Link #616
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The new volume sounds interesting, especially the part about Asia and Fafnir, though wasn't Fafnir sealed in Azazel's artificial Sacred Gear. i hope this leads to Asia in dragon armour...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-01-18, 08:54   Link #617
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The new volume sounds interesting, especially the part about Asia and Fafnir, though wasn't Fafnir sealed in Azazel's artificial Sacred Gear. i hope this leads to Asia in dragon armour...
I remember someone posted up females with Dragon armor before. I forgot who, though if Asia were to have an Armor like that she would look great, but kinda diminishes her role as an innocent girl considering it doesn't cover much skin.
Old 2013-01-18, 09:09   Link #618
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Spoiler for Thanks for the info n0m@n and here are my thoughts....:
Old 2013-01-18, 09:11   Link #619
Chris38

The reason why Ise isin't using Balance Breaker, might be caused by the fact that the fights in volume 14 take place in the REAL Kuoh Academy, and they can't use to much power, to avoid being detected by the "normal" students...

Or, as another option, it's some kind of temporary side effect, due to Ddraig still being asleep, after the events of volume 12...

After all, considering the fact, that based upon the information we have, the enemy is targeting Ravel, probably to kidnap her, I think that on a mission like that, they would probably want to avoid being detected, at all costs... for example targetting Ise and the others, while they are surrounded by normal humans, or some other ... "subtle" tactics.
Old 2013-01-18, 09:43   Link #620
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I remember someone posted up females with Dragon armor before. I forgot who, though if Asia were to have an Armor like that she would look great, but kinda diminishes her role as an innocent girl considering it doesn't cover much skin.
I really hope she doesn't get a armor lol for some reason it would cut the charm that been given to her all the past volumes , but i do look forward for some improvement on her part
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life