Old 2004-04-08, 11:26   Link #41
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
oooh thats quite nice
im guessing a TM mp5a5sd?
yeah...for me, its fun first
there are two clubs in my immediate area and i dont play as much with one of them since they are bit over the top in seriousness
close, that's a HK (heckler und koch) MP5SD6 (maschinenpistole / rifle, schalldämpfer / silenced, model 6 )
Old 2004-04-08, 12:22   Link #42
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
oh yeah but made by tokyo marui i meant?
what power is that scope you have on there?
i have a 1.5-6x42mm illminated reticule sitting on top of my aug
its heavier than the non variable scopes but i like how i can switch the powers from spotting to shooting

how does the battery suit you? before i modded my aug to take a larger battery i had to either take spare charged ones with me or charge the battery during the lunch breaks
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 17:56   Link #43
SirJeannot
AT Field

yep, it's a tokyo marui full plastic ... but well, the metal kit is almost the same price as the aeg itself so i won't bother changing it

the scope is a fixed 4x32, and i have quite a wide angle of view, very comfortable i usually have one eye in the scope and one just watching as usual. quite usefull to find where the other team is

i use 2 600mAh sd type batteries. their "durability" highly depends on the temperature. so if it's about -10°C, i can use 2 batteries for about 600 bbs. if u manage to keep them warm, you can have much more shots.
at the usual temp (~10°C), i usually have about 1500 rounds. if you use single shot mode, u'll have less shots, full auto, more. but changing the battery while playing is much more challenging than using mid-cap magazines
Old 2004-04-09, 03:16   Link #44
MwyC

incidentally, gewehr is rifle and maschinenpistole is a submachinegun
=p

well with the aug its pretty easy to swap up batteries since the buttstock cap pops on and off
i find that my 1500 mah is enough to last all day with a hurricane M120 spring

do you guys play with upgraded guns? or do you leave em stock?
Old 2004-04-10, 13:36   Link #45
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
Does anyone live around northern NY or Vermont?
Always looking for more people to play with.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 15:26   Link #46
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I use the handguns as the primary weapon in one on one matches. The narrow corridoors and tight corners favor the use of the handguns indoors. I know some people that simply remove the barrels from their rifles and use them indoors. Although that gives them the ability to fire off more rounds, their relative accuracy sucks. I have been in and seen many matches in the indoor arena that end within three seconds of the start buzzer. (quickdraw )

I have done a number of indoor matches using my marker and both hand guns, the marker being used only in the beginning to try and get a quick victory. I don't use the handguns outdoors that mush since it's a pain to try and clean dirt out of them (it isn't fun trying to disassemble and reassemble them).

I removed the semi-auto ability from the handguns, it confuses some people, and made it so that I have to release then repull the trigger between shots.

pull trigger -> shoot -> release trigger -> pull trigger -> shoot

This is because the handguns chamber and recharge from the force of the previous shot, if your not careful you can actually fire off an entire clip in under a few seconds. Not good since that leaves you wide open to be shot while reloading.
I mostly paintball out side, but there was this time when me and a couple of people (including my cousin) went to an abandoned warehouse. It was huge, but it was fun. Although we couldn't stay for long (cuase we kinda snucked in... and the warehouse wasn't really abandoned ), we really seen that there was a huge difference between outside and inside.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 21:24   Link #47
MwyC

that was an unbelievably stupid thing to have done
Old 2004-04-11, 18:35   Link #48
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I mostly paintball out side, but there was this time when me and a couple of people (including my cousin) went to an abandoned warehouse. It was huge, but it was fun. Although we couldn't stay for long (cuase we kinda snucked in... and the warehouse wasn't really abandoned ), we really seen that there was a huge difference between outside and inside.
Yeah... umm... Don't do that again. Seriously, its people doing things like that that give others bad impressions of paintball players.

MwyC, what's the muzzle velocity of your airsoft rifles? I know I had to modify my paintball guns and rifles to make them legal. The handguns both shot over 365 fps out of the box and the rifle can easily do 460 fps, both had to be modified to bring them under 250 fps (I occassionally play with them at the maximum speed they can handle without breaking the balls). Basically, what's the legal speed for an airsoft rifle?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 19:07   Link #49
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Mr Paper: Nice guns. At the moment, I own an Armotech Zeus G2 pistol hooked up to a 4oz tank. Not much ammo capacity, but forces you to conserve [yes, I play outside].
I used to have a CSC VSC Phantom that I miss...

BTW, whoever said you go through $20 worth of paint in a day: Maybe.
I went through about $7 worth of Nelson Anarchy [good paint] with my pump in a day...
Then again, most people I know go through a case in a day [$60 for the good stuff].
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 21:29   Link #50
Worldestroyer
IRC lurker

Send a message via AIM to Worldestroyer Send a message via MSN to Worldestroyer
I try to go paintballing when ever i have time with my buddies. We usually just go to a outdoor field just outside Boston. I don't have my own gun so i just rent the Tippman specials they usually have there. Paintballing is almost the most enjoyable thing i have ever done.

Funniest thing ever: 3 people w/riot shields in close proximity with a full hopper.
Worldestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 23:37   Link #51
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldestroyer
Funniest thing ever: 3 people w/riot shields in close proximity with a full hopper.
Funniest thing ever: Two people with handguns walk around a corner, bump into each other, then shoot each other point blank to the head at about 350 fps each. Double KO!
Old 2004-04-11, 23:43   Link #52
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Funniest thing: Pwning the opposing team with a pump [yes, a pump. One who have to pump after every shot].
The game was about 8 v 8 on a woods field, and my pump was a CCS VSC Phantom [IMO the best pump gun ever, complete with unmatchable accuracy]. It was cool. My friend and I flanked around using a creek and brush and cover. Then we shot everyone from behind.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 09:57   Link #53
MwyC

Quote:
MwyC, what's the muzzle velocity of your airsoft rifles? I know I had to modify my paintball guns and rifles to make them legal. The handguns both shot over 365 fps out of the box and the rifle can easily do 460 fps, both had to be modified to bring them under 250 fps (I occassionally play with them at the maximum speed they can handle without breaking the balls). Basically, what's the legal speed for an airsoft rifle?
single shot sniper rifles usually are in the range of 450-550 fps, although ive seen one reach nearly 600 in the summer without a regulator
the aug i play with shoots a tad over 400 so i have to be careful not to go full auto when closer in
pistols are everywhere on the map - 250-400+, depending on what gas you use and whether they are handcannons like the revolvers

funniest thing - when playing CQB, the last guy is a sniper holed up in his sniper tower with his gun trained on the only way up - solution : the remaining 5 guys crowd all around below and just unload around him till someone tosses in a grenade
Old 2004-04-12, 10:01   Link #54
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Funniest thing ever: Two people with handguns walk around a corner, bump into each other, then shoot each other point blank to the head at about 350 fps each. Double KO!
lol, that happened to my cousin. He ran in to this kid head on when we were playing paintball. But they were so scared that one might shoot the other at point bland range that they both just slowly backed away... then Ran!!! When he told me about it I kinda understood why; the paintballs hurt at long range, so they would hurt like 3x more at point bland range.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 11:15   Link #55
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
lol, that happened to my cousin. He ran in to this kid head on when we were playing paintball. But they were so scared that one might shoot the other at point bland range that they both just slowly backed away... then Ran!!! When he told me about it I kinda understood why; the paintballs hurt at long range, so they would hurt like 3x more at point bland range.
Although head shots hurt, the pain from them is short lived and usually is followed by a slight headache a few hours later, nothing major. Most new masks and face guards provide ample face, neck and temple protection (I still wear a throat guard though because they still hurt). The places to avoid being shot if your looking to avoid pain are the arm pit, ankle, lower spine and crotch. A shot to the ankle or lower spine and you won't be playing for an hour or so (hard leather combat boots solve the ankle problem). A shot to the crotch and you won't be playing for a week (all hail the 'cup'). One shot to the arm pit and your gun magically seems to gain 20lbs.

The thing about a point blank 350 fps shot to the head is that even if the paintball breaks up in the barrel, the force is great enough to throw you off your feet and onto your back. At that point it's not a question of pain but rather a question of remaining conscious. Although your face mask will take a great deal of the force, it will blow your lens apart or clean off.
Old 2004-04-12, 19:49   Link #56
MwyC

what goggle does this?
i pegged away at a spare vforce shield with a paintball gun without seeing any wear
of course....the lens was replaced as even ONE shot to the lens should warrant a replacement

and why would you be shot in the armpit?
=p
it seems like one of the most unlikely places to get hit in
unless you are surrendering and some ass with poor fire discipline pops a shot at you
Old 2004-04-13, 00:02   Link #57
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
Getting hit with a paintball no matter where it hits you is not going to throw you off your feet. Theres not enough force there. If it can throw you off yor feet when your hit it would also throw you off your feet when fired from the marker. I've been hit many times at close range in the head. I ref at the field i play at, this one time during a tournament i run up to check a guy, he mistakes me for the other team and blasts me 5 times point blank in the face mask. Point is i was still standing pissed but still standing. The most painfull place to be hit is by far the crotch and in the back off the knee. Could be others them are just the places i have been hit.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 03:24   Link #58
MwyC

yeah...that part about being thrown off the feet sounded a bit much
eh...
the most painful parts to get pegged are the parts where there is no clothing, or the clothing is tight over the skin - knees, shoulderblades, ribs, etc
Old 2004-04-13, 05:38   Link #59
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
incidentally, gewehr is rifle and maschinenpistole is a submachinegun
=p
well with the aug its pretty easy to swap up batteries since the buttstock cap pops on and off
i find that my 1500 mah is enough to last all day with a hurricane M120 spring
do you guys play with upgraded guns? or do you leave em stock?
u got me there

we play with stock aegs. we don't like the idea that one can get an advantage by upgrading his aeg. and if he does, everyone will and the atmosphere can only get worse :/
Old 2004-04-13, 10:08   Link #60
MwyC

ohh i was wondering why you stuck optics on
i love the diopter sights on the HK guns
but i guess you go for whatever is easiest to use

well not all of us play with upgraded guns, but we put a cap so people dont go overboard
since we play in a field a few acres big we kinda need that extra bit of range once we do our larger games