AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 13:28   Link #1
pandabearnay
Huh? Wha?? Nani??!!

Playback Help on Touch.

I searched around a little for a thread like this but couldn't find one. Sorry if one exist. Anyways, does anyone else have trouble with central anime's Touch? I keep hearing good things about it so I wanted to check it out. The video feed is really slow and choppy. Doesn't match up with the audio. The audio plays just fine. I can't seem to figure it out. I have no problems with any other anime that I watch and I keep up with more than 15 animes. I always use BS player. I tried using VLC and Core. I also have windows media player, tried that and it was the same problem. I have FFDshow-alpha installed. Is there anything else I need to be able to play this. Any help will be great. Thanks.
Old 2004-11-27, 14:21   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I did notice that the video was slightly jerky but not so much to impair the viewing (Touch was one of the few series it was noticeable). My set up is that I have only ffdshow installed and use Media Player Classic. I seem to remember that there was an improvement once I turned off all the in-built filters for MPC (MPC>View>Options>Filters>uncheck all built-in filters). Edit: Or was it turning off the ffdshow postprocessing... (Start>Programs>ffshow>Configuration>Postprocessin g>Postprocessing>uncheck). While the following my not apply to you, it may be worth trying all the same.

---
Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-07-25
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using the latest version of Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/Me build)
---
Old 2004-11-27, 15:14   Link #3
pandabearnay
Huh? Wha?? Nani??!!

I tried turning off the built in filters in mpc and and turning off the postprocessing in ffdshow. No improvement. I looked at the help thread but I don't think I should go past level 1 at this point since I don't really have any problems watching anything else. Oh well, thanks for all the advice xris. Knowing me I probably screwed something up anyways. I'll just give for now. Maybe in the future I'll figure it out. But for now on to something else. hehe