AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-08-11, 22:09   Link #101
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Supposedly Twilight know what is Yuri job and still he goes with Yoru knowing that this will bite him later , weird decision .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-12, 00:13   Link #102
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Supposedly Twilight know what is Yuri job and still he goes with Yoru knowing that this will bite him later , weird decision .
I don't think he will realize it this soon, all three of them are expert as hiding their real occupation afterall.
the reveal might be way later to the point of no return
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-12, 03:01   Link #103
Random14

I think Yuri's real job is secret too. This chapter mentioned that officially he's in the foreign ministry so as far as Twilight knew, both of them were just office workers. Of course that's what so funny, both siblings are probably hiding from each other just how... messy their real work is.

Well, if it ever came down to between his sister and his country, I could probably guess how Yuri would fall. Him being overprotective of his sister will probably be a bigger problem for Twilight.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-21, 20:49   Link #104
James Rye

20930 *162492 SPY×FAMILY #01

Man, SxF is doing real good! With its first volume it is already way over what a lot of Jump series can't/couldn't even reach with their double digits volumes. If it keeps at this pace it might be able to just stay in Top50 before its 2nd volume comes out in October. In English views it is already 2nd place in Jump+ site, only OP is above it. This hit like a bomb!
Old 2019-08-22, 17:04   Link #105
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
20930 *162492 SPY×FAMILY #01

Man, SxF is doing real good! With its first volume it is already way over what a lot of Jump series can't/couldn't even reach with their double digits volumes. If it keeps at this pace it might be able to just stay in Top50 before its 2nd volume comes out in October. In English views it is already 2nd place in Jump+ site, only OP is above it. This hit like a bomb!
Nice art + great premise + fun story + lovable characters. I would be surprised if this isn't popular.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 11:22   Link #106
p-kun

This chapter ends in an even bigger cliffhanger than the previous one

Spoiler for Spoiler:
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 11:34   Link #107
Wandering Soul

So any bets on what's going to bail them out of this situation, if they get bailed out of it?

Yuri has some pretty weird properties, never questioned the blood on her as a child, but does question the marriage. I know the guy loses his senses around his sister. but still.
Old 2019-08-25, 13:55   Link #108
Fufufu
Doffy

Best excuse "I forgot".
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 14:10   Link #109
HtwoN

Spoiler:
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-25, 15:38   Link #110
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So any bets on what's going to bail them out of this situation, if they get bailed out of it?

Yuri has some pretty weird properties, never questioned the blood on her as a child, but does question the marriage. I know the guy loses his senses around his sister. but still.
We are talking about the guy who remembers her crushing his ribs lovingly. Dude is a total sicko siscon. His sister is perfect and thus cannot be a criminal. Logic at its finest.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
Best excuse "I forgot".
Even better "I forgot that I have forgotten to tell you". XD

Enjoyed this chapter a lot, it showed what world class Twilight is to immediately realize that Yuri is counterintelligence with the holes in his coverstory. Same with Yor having the best excuse to convince Yuri why she never told him she was married for a year and it even worked while Twilight broke two plates. Or with Yuri demanding a kiss after witnessing their teenage behavior from a single hand touch and Twilight going in a second from panic to logic leaving only poor Yor in a wild panic as he leans in for the kiss, her first kiss in 27 years! XD
No idea how they get out of it, I expect Anya to walk in or Yuri to fall asleep due not holding his alcohol very well or stuff like that. I doubt their first kiss happens now though I'd love if they had to kiss or be more intimate over the coming chapters over and over again, each time getting closer to becoming a real (weird) family.^^
Old 2019-08-25, 18:01   Link #111
Random14

Oh, if only Twilight knew just how much there was wrong with the Briar family. Considering what Yor looked like when she came home (complete with bloody handprint on her clothes), I guess her brother is used to messy work.

I'm glad Twilight noticed that Yuri was probably a spy (and neat way of checking) but he was in a rush and couldn't afford the time to find someone other than Yor. If I had to bet on something, I expect Yuri to fall unconscious any moment from drinking too much but anything could still happen. I hope Ania stays asleep, she's already traumatized enough from overhearing her "parents" thoughts.

Its too bad they took down the middle chapters from the app. I wonder if they'll ever bump this up to the main SJ+ app. Anyway, this was another fun chapter, especially with the running gags. Although I don't think the Briar family has any reason most of the time anyway.
Old 2019-08-25, 18:53   Link #112
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 12 on Mangaplus

"Is there something wrong with the Briar family" sums up the situation essentially

Good for Lottie Loid intuiting that Yuri is a counterintelligence agent, though doesn't really change what he needs to do.

That cliffhanger though, JUST DO IT!!!!!

Next chapter on September 8.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-26, 00:29   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

My prediction: they'll double down on the web of lies and announce Yor's pregnancy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-08, 16:30   Link #114
Wandering Soul

So in the end it was Yuri himself that prevented the kiss that he asked for.

Sort of funny that Anya's response to a possible incoming atomic bomb is to go to sleep, though I guess I can understand not wanting to be awake when a bomb hits you.
Old 2019-09-08, 19:39   Link #115
James Rye

Well, if you heard an Atomic Bomb go off might as well go back to sleep, not much you can do anyway. xD
Old 2019-09-09, 01:24   Link #116
Random14

Just how much damage, er, "love" did Yuri receive while growing up? After growing up with Yor, training was probably easy.

Aside from the siscon thing, it was sweet that they did look like close siblings. Twilight probably wasn't lying when he noted that he doesn't have any friends or family himself (not counting the fake adopted daughter, who is adorable in her pajamas).

That was a fun arc, meeting the brother-in-law. Twilight's still gotta be careful, he's liable to be executed for being "married" to Yor well before any of his spy activities come to light.
Old 2019-09-20, 05:26   Link #117
James Rye

Spy X Family Vol. 1 sold 350k copies so far.
Old 2019-09-22, 10:28   Link #118
Random14

I wonder if Twilight could ever disguise himself as a plant?

Come to think of it, haven't seen Frankie for a while. Yuri's coworkers sure know how he thinks by now. Strange how he seems closer to them than Yor with the other office ladies (but then that's not Yor's real job).

Despite himself, Twilight is a nice guy at heart. Things look stable so far, though who knows how that'll last. Maybe back to Anya's school next time, though I enjoy the spy plots more.

Oh yeah, the manga is now in the main Shonen Jump app, nice to see it there (along with all the chapters, now that manga plus only has a few chapters). I hope that's a good sign for this series' popularity.
Old 2019-09-22, 11:04   Link #119
p-kun

The new chapter is so good.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-22, 12:23   Link #120
James Rye

Sleepy Anya is adorable Anya! Loved her comment how green her Papa is in the morning. <3
Poor Yor got a lot of hits into her self-confidence as a wife and mother, can't kiss, can't cook and cannot keep her clothes spotless. And ofc the woman, the word you are looking for Twilight is "bitchy", just tear more into her wounds like hyenas. But damn, she might be not so good at housework but she can kick ass and is brave af! To stand up like that to two SSS officers is either stupid or brave. Well, maybe it is both tbh. XD

Hope next chapter is about Anya and her school/classmates. She gotta work hard on earning those star points.

Tags
action, spy thriller