AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-12-03, 20:58   Link #55381
coco6561

Mischief yes, I have an idea. If Jordan wanted to sneak through IS Academy at night for watever reason, He'll just have to look towards the sky. (Or in this case roof.) In real life vents may be too small. But for my sake, lets just say the Academy has pretty huge vents.

Does anyone have any tips to help my style of writing?

Last edited by coco6561; 2014-12-03 at 22:04.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 01:07   Link #55382
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
However your IS are not described as interceptors. This leads me to the belief that your units are built to be sturdy, take and inflict a lot of punishment. You neither described a significant firepower that can provoke the enemy nor speed for pursuit. This tells me that you have no means of forcing engagement between DART IS and other IS. Given sufficient speed or even allowable losses in the overall strategy, the enemy can execute their mission completely ignoring your gladiatorial IS.
Yes, this is exactly right. The RVM-79 was not the sharpest tool in the shed for IS but it was still capable of outperforming all other forms of conventional warfare. It was also cheap to operate, requiring half the sapherium of a Rafale which is already darn cheap. It can be repaired easily (one extreme example had an RVM-79 fighting on after the pilot taped the rifle to the hand stump after it, and a leg, was blown off!) and can take a lot of punishment before losing effectiveness. But is isnt armored, and doesnt have the incredible shields found on Schwarzehase. An RVM will get torn apart if its shot at too much.

A DART force is designed to have redundancy with a reasonable tech edge. As such, an IS ignoring the rest of the force will get chipped away by the whole army shooting at it with near G2IS level weapons. And the RVM can destroy an IS should the enemy choose to tunnel vision on the support forces.

The DART strategy is limited in long range power projection, but that is fine. It works when fighting on defensive positions within ASEAN where they can churn out the numbers needed to overwhelm an invading force.

The CRUCIAL weakness is a single 3GIS will steamroll the entire force, let alone 4G. Thankfully, those are still dreams on the drawing board, but until a breakthrough happens, the only way forward are ISPers and making sure to make as little enemies as possible.

Quote:
I am confused as to what you mean by F35 vector points. As far as I know, F22 is unmatched for its mobility in the current USAF repertoire while F35 can only boast avionics despite being a sitting duck for even a basic F15 in a dogfight. At least that is true as far back as 2010 to about now. I don't think they ever ran simulations again after that one disaster. Or at least I can't find any news clips of it. I think the one I saw was around 2011 or 2012ish
Think of it this way, our world's F22 and F35s are stock craft in the Meisterverse. However, because the F35 had all these moving parts for vector thrusters, it could be upgraded with IS technology to come much closer to IS agility. The superior avionics lent to the airframe being more accomodating to transplant technologies. The F22 lacks these "vector points" but it already is an excellent fighter, so spaceframe upgrades for the craft went more towards making it a fighter to fight IS rather than a fighter trying to be an IS.

Lastly, there simply were more F22s than F35s, so from IS season 2 onwards, the SMS had F22s as "grunt" aircraft and F35s as twinked out Toy Boxes. While some are used as command craft, the choice of craft is left to the pilot. I emphasize experience and skill over tech because I'm a sucker like that, which is why Skull 1 uses an F18 super hornet and Kajie upgrades to an F22 and still do very well. Because the F35 can hover in place, Skull 7 the beyond visual range guy upgrades to the F35 to snipe using a Hyperkinetic Cannon.

To me, the upgraded fighters perform rather differently from their stock forms and can repsrent wishful thinking. It was the product of looking at the schematics and dreaming, using my rulebook for IS construction and applying the more feasible ones.
Old 2014-12-04, 03:09   Link #55383
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Yes, this is exactly right. The RVM-79 was not the sharpest tool in the shed for IS but it was still capable of outperforming all other forms of conventional warfare. It was also cheap to operate, requiring half the sapherium of a Rafale which is already darn cheap. It can be repaired easily (one extreme example had an RVM-79 fighting on after the pilot taped the rifle to the hand stump after it, and a leg, was blown off!) and can take a lot of punishment before losing effectiveness. But is isnt armored, and doesnt have the incredible shields found on Schwarzehase. An RVM will get torn apart if its shot at too much.

A DART force is designed to have redundancy with a reasonable tech edge. As such, an IS ignoring the rest of the force will get chipped away by the whole army shooting at it with near G2IS level weapons. And the RVM can destroy an IS should the enemy choose to tunnel vision on the support forces.

The DART strategy is limited in long range power projection, but that is fine. It works when fighting on defensive positions within ASEAN where they can churn out the numbers needed to overwhelm an invading force.

The CRUCIAL weakness is a single 3GIS will steamroll the entire force, let alone 4G. Thankfully, those are still dreams on the drawing board, but until a breakthrough happens, the only way forward are ISPers and making sure to make as little enemies as possible.

Think of it this way, our world's F22 and F35s are stock craft in the Meisterverse. However, because the F35 had all these moving parts for vector thrusters, it could be upgraded with IS technology to come much closer to IS agility. The superior avionics lent to the airframe being more accomodating to transplant technologies. The F22 lacks these "vector points" but it already is an excellent fighter, so spaceframe upgrades for the craft went more towards making it a fighter to fight IS rather than a fighter trying to be an IS.

Lastly, there simply were more F22s than F35s, so from IS season 2 onwards, the SMS had F22s as "grunt" aircraft and F35s as twinked out Toy Boxes. While some are used as command craft, the choice of craft is left to the pilot. I emphasize experience and skill over tech because I'm a sucker like that, which is why Skull 1 uses an F18 super hornet and Kajie upgrades to an F22 and still do very well. Because the F35 can hover in place, Skull 7 the beyond visual range guy upgrades to the F35 to snipe using a Hyperkinetic Cannon.

To me, the upgraded fighters perform rather differently from their stock forms and can repsrent wishful thinking. It was the product of looking at the schematics and dreaming, using my rulebook for IS construction and applying the more feasible ones.
so you have low tech IS level non-IS units?

*shrug* well I'm utterly stumped now. As far as I can understand when you compare what the two planes have now, IS tech basically removes every single advantage the f35 has over the f22
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 03:35   Link #55384
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
so guys Guys what your style when Create OCs my style
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 03:44   Link #55385
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
so you have low tech IS level non-IS units?

*shrug* well I'm utterly stumped now. As far as I can understand when you compare what the two planes have now, IS tech basically removes every single advantage the f35 has over the f22
Ah i see why now. In the Meisterverse, the lower tiers of IS are heavily nerfed compared to canon in order to give a more real robot feel. G3 is also tuned down slightly. G4 remains whacky tier of course.

Thats why conventional forces still have a chance to compete in the Meisterverse and 3G a big enough carrot to risk flouting the IS Charter.
Old 2014-12-04, 04:01   Link #55386
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not saying that the IS is god tier compared to everything you can punch out. But I'm just saying if you have something built with the mobility of an Uchigane and a Raphael pasts by it to take out the enemy command center. It doesn't really matter about the support units now does it? The thing is when the battle is more objective based than anything resembling numbers.

Numbers can only be taken into account when it's a deathmatch where only the last machine standing wins. But ofcourse that is never the case is it? When the top of the command chain goes down, generally the battle is decided. The ones who lose chain of command have to pull back and regroup.
Old 2014-12-04, 04:13   Link #55387
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Thing is, there is not one person in DART command think their strategy is infallible. Between having only 60 units to cover the 2nd largest landmass on the planet, lots of islands and long distance jumps, its the best they can manage. So believe me when I say this is just papering over the HUGE crack created by IS and generals will still shit bricks if they have to fight an IS.

However, to take out DART command is no mean feat, because the IS is the command unit, just that the pilot isnt the one giving commands but relaying commands from a faraway place. So take the RVM out and the chain of command in that particular area is damaged. But remember also, the most secure place on a battlefield IS the IS, its not going to be easy. Especially when IS comms cannot be intercepted or jammed with conventional tech.

Ie, DART strategy turns the fight into a deathmatch. But a single 3G has enough firepower to deal with any RVM and then dig out the commanders. They know they will lose in a straight up fight, so it is designed to first take aggro away from central command and then do their best. Its the best anyone can do given this weird world.

The last defense is still fracturing into irregular forces. Everyone in a military is trained to turn terrorist. So taking out a head still doesnt remove a threat.

The best defense is still economic and diplomactic defenses. After all, at the moment, total war with IS is POINTLESS as theres a lot more to be made by using IS.

And the other caveat is ISPer. Because a superior unit has its limits when it comes against a superior pilot.
Old 2014-12-04, 04:20   Link #55388
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then what is the course of action if DART is outnumbered in terms of IS? Do the support have to engage the other IS or is there a back-up plan?
Old 2014-12-04, 04:24   Link #55389
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This happened before. The only order that day...

"Make them pay."

/salute #lestweforget2026

For now, no one bloc possesses more than 60+ IS, keeping power in check. ISpers however change this balance so they are digging for some.

The real question is how do you stop this mad arms spiral? Thats the overarching theme of my IS work.
Old 2014-12-04, 04:26   Link #55390
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
which is why Skull 1 uses an F18 super hornet
- Which type, the Two-seat F or the singleseat E version? Although the two are pretty much the same plane the two-seat is usually better at ground-attack missions (one of the reasons Australia chose it--to plug the gap left when we retired the F-111). It's not so much technology as the rear seat pilot is also usually the weapons officer --EG similar to the older F-14 or the Strike Eagle's 2-seat config.
Old 2014-12-04, 04:30   Link #55391
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Single seat E. Theres a computer in the backseat. But NOT an astromech.

And really... the fighters don't have the same roles as they do in real life...
Old 2014-12-04, 04:37   Link #55392
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...are you putting in electrosphere? gahahaha
Old 2014-12-04, 04:46   Link #55393
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If 8Ball is a gits reference, yes.

But the F35T are outright Tachikoma.
Old 2014-12-04, 05:02   Link #55394
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
But the F35T are outright Tachikoma.
-

I...see very interesting times indeed comign up.
Old 2014-12-04, 05:20   Link #55395
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for idea:

Spoiler for synopsis:

Spoiler for twist:
Old 2014-12-04, 05:49   Link #55396
DarkJak2050

This thread's active as ever...

How's everyone on their fics?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 06:19   Link #55397
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Ok, more of IS/Drive xover:

"Damn, this guy's troublesome." Ichika muttered.

"Ichika, just hang in there. I've called for help." Mr. Belt replied.

"You better make it fast."

Drive tried to take down Chaser once again, but the latter managed to thwart his attacks.

"Take this!" Houki finally joined in the fray, slashing her specialized katana on Chaser's back. But it didn't do much damage.

"Hmph, another small fry. I don't have time for you."

"Don't underestimate me!"

Houki once again attacked Chaser, but the Roidmude enforcer dodged all her blows.

"Wait, Houki! Don't-!"

Ichika's warning was a little too late, as Chaser has already disarmed the female officer, and it's hand is already on Houki's throat, trying choke her.

*BANG*

A couple of shots struck Chaser, releasing Houki from the chokehold.

"Huh?"

"She's finally here."

Ichika saw the Tridoron stop beside him. As its door opened, it revealed its lone passenger, which Ichika knew all too well. "EH?!"

"Hellooo, Ik-kun! The supergenius Tabane is here to save you~!"
Old 2014-12-04, 07:07   Link #55398
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Stephen Hawking: 'Artificial Intelligence Could Spell The End Of The Human Race'

Just a bit of stuff that might give you guys thinking up AIs for the fics ideas.
Old 2014-12-04, 07:47   Link #55399
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Why haven't we really build up a hypothesis of warfare in the case of IS is permitted to be used?
(Or, why haven't anyone here but me ever attempt to make a war story?)
Would it be a a new fifth generation, or a modified version of the fourth?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 07:56   Link #55400
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Because we all discussed it to death already. We came to the consensus that there really wouldn't be much of a point. You need to have more IS to be relevant. Having conventional warfare relevant is kinda weird if not handled right because the IS would be pushed to the side.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest