AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 15 (TRUE ROUTE - END) Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 20.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 18.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 8.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-03, 12:12   Link #121
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
if i recall correctly, her roommate is not her age, her roommate is in gradeschool and kirino is in middleschool
By American standards, Kirino would be in High School, 9th Grade to be more precise
Old 2011-06-03, 14:56   Link #122
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given all of the above, it's really hard to understand how Kyousuke could be insanely lonely. How many guys would be lonely in his shoes?
Didn't read the whole thread, so probably some missing context.

As for your question, I recommend Occam's razor: Kyousuke is a siscon.

He just for most part hasn't been aware of it until the events of the series, Kirino's absence being the latest in "learning" events where he realizes just how much he misses her. **

Yupe, looks like both siblings have a rather "unhealthy" relationship with each other.

** In the case of Kirino, replace "ignorance" with "self-denial".
Old 2011-06-03, 16:01   Link #123
Kyuu
=^^=

As much as I like Kirino -- and never hated her (unlike many of you people) -- I do think that her return from America is premature. If they are setting up for a 2nd season, then they could have had her return then.
Old 2011-06-03, 22:29   Link #124
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh - Kyousuke says in the commentary for #12 that he and Kirino haven't changed at all since the beginning...
Old 2011-06-04, 03:43   Link #125
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

"You even sacrificed your time with Tamura-senpai to be with me."

So even Kuroneko thinks that Manami and Kyousuke are a pair....And I thought we were going to see a love triangle...BTW that kiss looked like a "thank you" kiss to me.

Kyousuke's reason for bringing Kirino back to Japan is kinda weak. He said he was lonely without Kirino but based on what I saw in the OVAs he didn't looked lonely at all. Well at least Kirino is a little bit more grateful to his brother now...
Old 2011-06-04, 06:40   Link #126
User68604
Disabled By Request

Umm we need a wincest OVA or something
Old 2011-06-04, 07:03   Link #127
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This series keep trolling me.

It's like, so good one instance, a few episodes at a time even, then there's a scene that ruins it all. You don't tease the fans with Kuroneko for the whole TRUE ROUTE and then turns the script around and sends him running to Kirino like a desperate lover fighting for destiny. And I even like Kirino, unlike most people here! (She's indeed super popular in Akiba by the way. The whole series is.)

I hear, from this thread actually (hello? spoiler?) a *tiny little bit* of spoiler that does convince me that the novel Kyousuke had a better reason to drag Kirino back home when he got there (though I don't know how the novel handled the scene), but even so it was just, ngah. He was so much cooler giving a warm smile behind Kuroneko and -- yes -- Kirino's back after a successful diplomatic effort instead of begging and bowing like the -- shudders -- "anime original" episode. Most of the time he's subtler and smarter than that, by far.

And yeah, that retarded jump.
Old 2011-06-04, 07:27   Link #128
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
And yeah, that retarded jump.
SEE THIS GUY SAW IT

and i thought it was the weed or something
Old 2011-06-04, 07:30   Link #129
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
SEE THIS GUY SAW IT

and i thought it was the weed or something
If only it was the weed.

That jump belongs in Precure or something, not OreImo. And where the hell was Ayase? She would have, well, literally jump Kirino if she could have her way. That would have been funnier.
Old 2011-06-04, 11:52   Link #130
rockimabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
If only it was the weed.

That jump belongs in Precure or something, not OreImo. And where the hell was Ayase? She would have, well, literally jump Kirino if she could have her way. That would have been funnier.
But it was fabulous
Old 2011-06-04, 16:08   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
This series keep trolling me.

It's like, so good one instance, a few episodes at a time even, then there's a scene that ruins it all.
Yes... this is the love/hate that I also have... its almost like watching a terrible director interpret a favorite play. Whether the actors are good or bad becomes irrelevant as the director misuses the resources.

As usual... when the series is *better* is when they stick closer to the source material ... and not for any purist reason but because they appear to be *lousy* at doing their own writing.

I saw that jump and all I could think of was a terrible t-shirt I got with the DVD collection of Kannagi that had the 3 main female characters jumping. It was dumb and out of character on the shirt and it was a "4th wall smasher" here...
Old 2011-06-05, 00:27   Link #132
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yes... this is the love/hate that I also have... its almost like watching a terrible director interpret a favorite play. Whether the actors are good or bad becomes irrelevant as the director misuses the resources.
It does feel like the kind of fault you can blame on a director, come to think of it. The sort of problem that makes you say "whose idea was it?" and "isn't this kind of jarring?" which is a directorial kind of fault.

Mugya. Poor Kyo-chan got owned by an OOC moment in the end (Kirino was probably happy about it though just taking pity for the annoying aniki).
Old 2011-06-05, 16:05   Link #133
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
By American standards, Kirino would be in High School, 9th Grade to be more precise
She is really young and did many things.. she is a model since she was 14.. then went to america alone with only 15 ... she has good parents.

I want second season... soon.

USA is really good at olympics sports,even a genious like kirino couldn't beat them.
Old 2011-06-05, 16:55   Link #134
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
She is really young and did many things.. she is a model since she was 14.. then went to america alone with only 15 ... she has good parents.

I want second season... soon.

USA is really good at olympics sports,even a genious like kirino couldn't beat them.
I'm pretty sure she's still 14, otherwise she'll be in 10th grade.

Anyway, iirc that training school she's at is an international track school. So it's people from all over the world not just Americans
Old 2011-06-08, 21:49   Link #135
superunature

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm pretty sure she's still 14, otherwise she'll be in 10th grade.

Anyway, iirc that training school she's at is an international track school. So it's people from all over the world not just Americans
she is 14 when Kyou is 17, and Kyou turned 18, so I assume she is either 15 or about to be.
Old 2011-06-11, 08:01   Link #136
AlaAlba

lol, kinda happy with the development, until I realized they erased my favorite scene of all.....
a 9 turned into a 5 then... meh.
what's the use of OVA if you don't use the most of it, not like TV they could have include the scene.

to make things worse... the jump, uh.. my head is hurt.

edit: naah, a 3 is more of it.
Old 2011-06-11, 09:38   Link #137
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
until I realized they erased my favorite scene of all.....
out of curiosity, what scene would that be?

i was disappointed that they changed the scene with his dad though
Old 2011-06-12, 21:34   Link #138
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

So this ending managed to do a complete 180 and make everyone have shitty development and leaving Kirino with something worthwhile. Kinda.

- Kuroneko GETS A FRIEND, yay.
- Brother man admits he's a hardcore fucking siscon, yay?
- Saori kinda sorta shows her face, yay.
- Kirino realizes she doesn't have to be this fucking amazing crazy super wonder bitch, so she comes home to enjoy life.

Go figure.

Also I'm going to blog about this (WHERE I CAN SPREAD MY HATE / RAGE BETTER) feel free to join in cuz I love all of you~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-06-26, 05:01   Link #139
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So episode 15 is really the end of the True Route?
Old 2011-06-27, 01:13   Link #140
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

It paves the way for further storyline, which we may get to see if they decide to greenlight a season 2.
Closed Thread