AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-11, 14:30   Link #581
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
One of the speculations going around is that Shoko and Haruto will be so busy with their different jobs and not see each other as often. You even mentioned before that Haruto is becoming less and less the Haruto that Shoko knows. While true, he is more battle hardened, he still holds his core values that even L-elf mentioned war won't cure. We see in season 2, Shoko is taking her job more logically than before by having all the students leave the module, also no school festival that she originally though could happen and no going back to students. She is going to have more problems with all these adults in the moon's government, and she is going to have to make even tougher decisions later on as a leader of an independent nation. We talked about Haruto would change, but maybe Shoko is the one who will change drastically, becoming less and less the Shoko that Haruto knows? That was basically my question.

Well, Haruto is changing in that his core values are also changing.
He is okay with victimizing a person now. Even if it's just L-Elf so far
Shoko is changing, but I think her core values are still the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
What mistake? Your cap is exactly what I means. Topmost 3 always Haruto, Shoko, L Elf. With no. 4 and below changing depends on the importance of character beside the top 3. In that cap you've posted is Satomi and then Takahi (was that from eps 4? Since Satomi-Takahi was important in that eps) And like I also said, Sakimori students always placed high on the casts list no matter what or who, but for eps 13 Dorssians and Plue-Pino all placed higher.
Well, my point is that a typical credit list usually looks like this in S1, and that the cap I posted previously is "wrong"

Spoiler:

So I'm guessing that the credits list will be "corrected" in S2 Ep2
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-11, 14:59   Link #582
vanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well, my point is that a typical credit list usually looks like this in S1, and that the cap I posted previously is "wrong"

Spoiler:

So I'm guessing that the credits list will be "corrected" in S2 Ep2
No, nothing wrong with your previous cap. That cap and this cap is from different episode so of course the cast list will be different. The first cap clip is from Boku Janai ED eps 4 and this cap is I dunno from which eps but certainly it's Soba ni Iru Yo ED clip. Once again you proved that beside Haruto Shoko L Elf the rest of list from no.4 and below always changing.

Actually Sunrise is really careful on putting the credit casts list if we pay attention. For example Aina was on no.4 on eps 7 list (her death eps), Kyuma no.4 on eps 9 (when he became pilot). That's why I'm puzzled with eps 13 casts list, where beside top 3, other Sakimori students pushed so far below.
Old 2013-10-11, 15:16   Link #583
shiyuki
Ever Learning

I think the credits are arranged on purpose. Maybe the importance of those characters in that certain episode?
Don't think that there's anything to do with shippings though...

And hey Vanca, we know each other in another forum right? www
I've been guessing if you're actually sasa
Old 2013-10-11, 15:17   Link #584
Key Board
Carbon

okay

let's just say that based on the 1st episode and the next episode preview, I don't think that the Valvrave pilots roles will be much reduced. Judging by the title next is Akira and Satomi's episode.

大気圏の兄妹 (Atmosphere Siblings)

Atmospheric Re-Entry is probably CrunchyRoll taking liberties. (though I expect an atmospheric re-entry to take place)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-11, 15:24   Link #585
vanca

Smile

@Key Board: I hope so. I just surprised at how much pushed back the students in the list including the pilots. It's just never happen before that's why LOL. Let's see what the list for eps 14 will be.

@shiyuki: Yeah you're right they always putting the casts list order based on the importance of each their roles in that eps outside of HaruEruSho. That's why I pay attention on it for eps 13 also.

Btw no I'm not sasa. And I don't think we ever meet before in any other forum
Old 2013-10-11, 15:44   Link #586
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Oops sorry for misunderstanding :P
Coz you sound like my friend, so.. LoL
Old 2013-10-11, 15:58   Link #587
Fjoergyn

Shoko is amazing and his character is very special, but honestly reminds me Cagalli and we know what happened to their romance
Old 2013-10-11, 16:44   Link #588
Kurohane

^ Off topic: Arthun and Cagalli only had bricks in their relationship until near the end of the season from which they reconciled. They never broke up.
Old 2013-10-11, 18:31   Link #589
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ Off topic: Arthun and Cagalli only had bricks in their relationship until near the end of the season from which they reconciled. They never broke up.
Their relationship is broken, they are friends and comrades xD

Shoko desisted from his confession, then we have that Haruto try to share everything with L-Elf and that could include Shoko. She will have to choose or it will be taken to higher dimensions

By the way the OP is not clear about the pairings
Old 2013-10-11, 19:20   Link #590
Destined_Fate

No, the head guy even verified that Athrun and Cagalli patched things up. Special endings even show them back together with Cagalli making Athrun an Admiral of ORB.

Haruto and L-Elf wont share Shoko. L-Elf is willing to be an outlet to control Haruto if it gets him his revolution, but if L-Elf does fall for Shoko he will not share her as per what he said in the very first episode. Haruto is also learning so he wont be the sharing type either when it comes to love and he has Saki to consider as well.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:09   Link #591
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Off topic: Athrun and Cagalli were forced to break up as the CV of Cagalli (Shinto Naomi) participated in the argument between Shinn's CV (Suzumura Kennichi) and the staff.
That's why we couldn't see much of Cagalli and Shinn near the end... (

But I don't think this will happen in VVV??
Old 2013-10-12, 00:13   Link #592
Destined_Fate

That was than, by Specials and stuff it had cooled down somewhat and the head guy eventually caved to fans by giving alternate ending takes of the cast and saying that Athrun and Cagalli were a couple still.

VVV doesn't seem to have this issue as all the characters have been handled well enough so far expect that guy that looks like Brock. Poor guy has like no lines.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:28   Link #593
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post
Off topic: Athrun and Cagalli were forced to break up as the CV of Cagalli (Shinto Naomi) participated in the argument between Shinn's CV (Suzumura Kennichi) and the staff.
That's why we couldn't see much of Cagalli and Shinn near the end... (

But I don't think this will happen in VVV??
IIRC the argument was caused because of the script writer's poor work ethics. (she was ill, though)
Old 2013-10-12, 22:09   Link #594
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Looking badass there Shoko.
Old 2013-10-12, 22:54   Link #595
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That was that s
specials and stuff it had cooled down somewhat and the head guy eventually caved to fans by giving alternate ending takes of the cast and saying that Athrun and Cagalli were a couple still.
Where can I watch the special endings?

Btw, the OP gives quite a lot of hints of possible shippings...
Or is it just misleading us again? LoL
Old 2013-10-12, 23:04   Link #596
Destined_Fate

Anyone else find it funny that Saki and Shoko are in the middle, Haruto and L-Elf are at the far ends.

Getting Ham and Egg vibes here.

Mmmmm....

-

The Special OVAs.

Or go to youtube and look up Gundam SEED Destiny Special ending.

There should be multiples of them, I believe.
Old 2013-10-13, 07:30   Link #597
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Found this

http://s23.postimg.org/6s5tg34sb/1380824745100.jpg

Why I find it's interesting and post it here? LOL as you can see, this article is supposed to be Kimura Ryohei (L Elf's VA) interview and he mentioned Shoko's name several times. There's so little info about Shoko in 2nd cour so I just try to dig for any new tidbits. I was so curious at first because I thought this is real character interview, so I thought finally we can hear directly from L Elf about his opinion of Shoko. Then I realized it's just the VA so I was a bit disappointed. Well it's already known that he fancies L Elf's interactions with Shoko so no wonder of his mention. I'm still interested to know what he says in case there's some hints but sadly many of the letters are too blurred to read. The characters he mentioned from most to least are Haruto, Shoko. A Drei, Kain, Lise.
Finally after some time I can read some of it. Just the gist though so yeah...

Once again this is Kimura Ryohei's interview but in this he supposedly speak as L-Elf, not himself. But as he always a fan of Shoko-L Elf's interactions I'd say don't believe him too much LOL. Just take it for fun for now.

The ones about Shoko:

1. Haruto & Shoko are 2 irregulars for L Elf. But while Haruto is only unpredictable in certain situations, like when he return back to life and then bite him; Shoko is unpredictable in every way for him.

2. Shoko will probably the one that can change L Elf.

3. Shoko is kawai (cute/pretty). I dunno if that's the opinion of Kimura himself or L Elf LOL. The letters around it still blurred so I can't read the full occasion for this answer.

For now I can only read these three points. There's still more but have to find the better scan to read it.
Old 2013-10-13, 08:27   Link #598
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:

Once again this is Kimura Ryohei's interview but in this he supposedly speak as L-Elf, not himself. But as he always a fan of Shoko-L Elf's interactions I'd say don't believe him too much LOL. Just take it for fun for now.

The ones about Shoko:

1. Haruto & Shoko are 2 irregulars for L Elf. But while Haruto is only unpredictable in certain situations, like when he return back to life and then bite him; Shoko is unpredictable in every way for him.

3. Shoko is kawai (cute/pretty). I dunno if that's the opinion of Kimura himself or L Elf LOL. The letters around it still blurred so I can't read the full occasion for this answer.

For now I can only read these three points. There's still more but have to find the better scan to read it.
^Shouldn't this & quite a few of the previous posts be in the L-Elf discussion &/or Romance discussion thread?

OT: Shoko's maturing so much in just two months is a little too unreal IMO. Yes, I get that she shoulders a nation's future, but her level of immaturity was...whats the word?...Dumbfounding!

No person can mature that much in two months, then again, losing her father, served to mellow her down. It was the wake-up-call telling her that "this isn't a game anymore."

I see even more sorrow in her future, I have this unshakable feeling that she will become a tragic character, I just hope she's mentally strong enough to not crack under the pressure. She's gonna lose even more friends & by the time N Jior becomes the 3rd Galactic Reich, I just hope she hasn't transformed into a dictator because of the stress.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-13, 09:44   Link #599
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:

The ones about Shoko:

I can see it. L Elf is beginning to learn how to interact with a real lady in placidity, although he is so far seen talking alone with Shoko and no other girls. Why is that L Elf is polite to Shoko? It's because everything about her is cute.
Old 2013-10-13, 10:18   Link #600
Fjoergyn

L-Elf looks uncomfortable and even confused by its proximity to Shoko. Do not expect an immediate reaction to his feelings, for this is new and also the princess takes its greatest thoughts.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters