AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-10-25, 20:57   Link #361
Galaxian

In franchise related news, a new Saint Seiya project was teased at the Tamashii Nation expo...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 03:14   Link #362
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Finally saw the movie.

English subtitles that came with the Blu Ray were good.

I enjoyed it. Had a fun time.
Old 2014-12-13, 12:26   Link #363
DMurphy

I also finally saw it.

I really liked it. I mean, the issues with attempting to stuff an entire plot arc of an anime into ninety minutes were - very prominent, but it was a lot of fun.

(Meanwhile, people on tumblr are still whining and sobbing over Milo's gender being changed. They found out months ago. They're acting like Toei murdered their parents.)

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 19:25   Link #364
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Watched the movie. It was fun but a bit repetitive.
Old 2014-12-27, 10:53   Link #365
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The visuals were gorgeous. The character models were a bit dated, but the scenery, special effects, and overall animation were absolutely stunning. And that's about the only good part of the movie. The story was so compressed it wasn't even funny. The fights were so short it was impossible to get into them. What the hell were they thinking?
Old 2014-12-27, 11:04   Link #366
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What the hell were they thinking?
My thoughts exactly the moment they announced that they'd compressed the Sanctuary arc in a single movie. No wonder it bombed. This is almost as bad as Dragon Ball Evolution if not for the better presentation audio-visual wise.
Old 2014-12-27, 11:21   Link #367
Retrorock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
My thoughts exactly the moment they announced that they'd compressed the Sanctuary arc in a single movie. No wonder it bombed. This is almost as bad as Dragon Ball Evolution if not for the better presentation audio-visual wise.
Have you actually seen Dragon Ball Evolution? This is way way better, even if you discount the amazing visuals. They got most of the important fights in there anyway, except for Deathmask's stupid dance and song. That was the most mind-boggling thing in the whole show. DBE was like giving fans a sucker punch every 5 minutes.
Retrorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 11:34   Link #368
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrorock View Post
Have you actually seen Dragon Ball Evolution? This is way way better, even if you discount the amazing visuals. They got most of the important fights in there anyway, except for Deathmask's stupid dance and song. That was the most mind-boggling thing in the whole show. DBE was like giving fans a sucker punch every 5 minutes.
Yes, I have (but still trying to forget it) otherwise I wouldn't bother mentioning it in my post. I don't type bullshit. Just my opinion. And I did say it has better presentation than DBE, but still a bad movie on its own (let alone adaptation).
Old 2014-12-27, 15:23   Link #369
Galaxian

The only thing about this movie that makes me mad is the scene between Hyoga and Camus. Not because it was bad, but because it was damn near perfect. If they had added just a few more minutes of interaction between the two of them, it would have blown the original version right out of the water.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote