AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-23, 01:56   Link #20401
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I like it. The flow of the conversation flew nicely, and LILA was actually a nice touch. The idea of a synthesis of multiple micro-AIs, which are naturally needed to begin with in a sense like normal PCs, worked quite well here.

Though there are some canon issues... the idea of Yuuno placing among top mages is a little off-hand. He probably is a top support/barrier mage, but otherwise, he ranks about above average. If his skills is static since 9 years old, the rookies after StrikerS are already better than him. Then again, it's not improbable for Yuuno to improve his skills, but his placing seems a little too high up.

And Jail NEVER broadcasted anything about Alhazred to the public. The only person he mentioned it to was Fate, and long before that, Yuuno had already theoratized the possibility of Jail using the Cradle and that it might've been Alhazred's.
For once, easily changed and corrected. I wasn't sure myself whether Jail actually mentioned Al Hazard to the public, or if he didn't get the chance to (I know he's definitely not afraid of publicity, what with the GIANT LOST LOGIA SHOOTING STUFF), so I left it ambiguous in my notes, and went for the "everyone knows" assumption in the story.

What I meant with Yuuno being one of the top elite mages was regarding barriers specifically, which Rancer (being a barrier-centric mage himself) would look up to. I can change the wording to be clearer (which I should have done in the first place), or I can change the whole thing to downgrade Yuuno, since he's not going to be casting any unBoosted spells in the story anyway. Either one works for me, although I'm leaning towards the former (he's elite, but only with barriers and support) since it's less work.

For the AI thing, I'm working on the assumption that the multiple expert programs for each function (or group of functions) is actually the more efficient standard (as well as how computers tend to work these days, compared to Asimov's Machine Brains), and the umbrella AI personality is there only because humans feel better that way.

I should probably make a note on the archive post that retcons may occur without warning.

EDIT: Made the following minor changes, in bold:

Spoiler for Yuuno is now less elite:

For this next one, the first and last paragraph are unchanged, but those in between have been tweaked, and in some cases deleted and replaced:

Spoiler for Al Hazard is now mythical again:

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-02-23 at 02:26.
Old 2008-02-23, 02:05   Link #20402
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Hayate - Harisen + Normal ornament fan = Does not fit for some strange and alien reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora
So you guys corrupted him too.....

Sora: Girls, I have unfortunate news...

Girls: Yes?

Sora: Aaron has been corrupted...

Girls: Uso!

Sora: It's true...

Girls: *A single voice made from the combination of all arises* I see...We shall prepare the rifles and everything to start the "Sending flying" and "Sniper shooting" ops

Is this... the signs of war?

Quote:
Creator-tan: Girls you know what to do

Girls: *in hissing voices* Our pleasurrrrreeee

Boys: Oh boy...they mean trouble
Why yes indeed

Quote:

At least let him finish his phrase no?
Unfortunately Mai doesn't believe in SUPER SENTAI TAMASHII!!!!!!

Quote:
You've GOT to be joking

Nope, those are Rider Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
On a bright and sunny day, the Cleric-Knights arrived on New Venice not too long ago to await their new assignment, but already...

Gimmy: THIS PLACE IS SO SLOOOOOOOW!!! Where are the bad guys? Where are the hot chicks?! Why are we even here in the first place!!!

Foy: ...
Taiyo: ...
Hiro: ...

Yes you guys know what that means...

*dives*
Aaah, the Knights just arrived in Neo-Venezia I see?

Well then, Welcome to Aqua

Spoiler for Youkoso!!!!:

Don't worry, you'll see the hot chicks soon enough, just keep watching. And trust me, none of you will stay for the action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
It's not an Obsession!

It is Love!

who wouldn't if the one rowing your boat was Alicia-sa-

Gate of Neo-Venezia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saint X
It doesn't matter if she's a trainee, or even less than a trainee!

Even if we capsize, it wouldn't matter as long as Alicia-san is here!

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
Hayate in Filipiniana?

COMPUTING
Compute Faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
Kakoi serifu kinshi!

I mean the line below the sig image...

THE IMAGE OF GRAHAM SAYING 'KINSHI' DOES NOT COMPUTE
Aaaah

GUNDAM KINSHI!!!!!!

Better now?

Quote:
I felt that I had to show you guys this!

Almost everyone in that picture in here! If I dare say, Shachou and Akari-chan are already here possibly in ***** * secret plans!

And...

Can you spot Kha? A hint: he's not what he seems.
Yup, saw that pic down at the image Thread, and it's made of LOTSA WIN!!!! It even has Mai in there!

And... Der Kleriker up to his Ranma tricks again behind Fate?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-23, 02:19   Link #20403
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
WAGA TOMOYO!

Quote:
Zafira: I...I....I finally get to play a role?

*cries manly tears of sincere gratitude*

Quote:
Ah.... I think you got some of it wrong, my friend .

Yunie is the onee-chan. This is Eirwen, who, due to her age and years of experience, would fit the mother/eldest sister role nicely. Though you're right about Weyland resembling Archer.
Oh. Sorry. My bad...

Quote:
Eirwen: *Traces frying pan* Esta-chan... What's this part about my age now?

Eirwen arms Gigaton Frying Pan.
Eirwen's STR rating is OVER 9000!
Eirwen >>>>> Estavali

Me: .... Eliyah.... Please...
Eliyah: Please don't irritate her so much, Esta. She might decide to take it out on me as well.

Eliyah cast Resurrection.

Urgh.....

Ah, what I meant was that I had intended for Yunie to be my first officially posted OC....
I got confused. Then how's Yunie's progress?

Quote:
Yunie: Then why do I still have this "WIP" tag over my head?
Me: Blame it on your magic system and your problematic profile. Do you know how hard it is for me to hammer out the details?
Evalanthi: Blame it on your own laziness, you mean. Seriously, kid, just take David Edelman's advice and KEEP WRITING!

Ehem... As you can see, my OCs don't like me very much .
I seem to have some luck there.

Quote:
The original (and now scraped) idea was to make Eirwen the twin device to Reinforce Eins, and Eliyah would be her Meister (thus taking the meaning of Unison to more interesting perimeters....)
okay... Now that was one scary idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Sounds like a pretty gloomy and morbid person to me.
A theologist.

Quote:
Aurion: Soft...can't see anything with it in the way though. *gropes*

*me runs like hell*

Quote:
Its that grin again! Most know NAO!
It's interactional+CUTE! fanservice.
Of course, with some fun implications.

Quote:
Note to self: Aaron's backlog breakers are LONG.
It's filled with my BURNING PASSION for OC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Cute = WIN . Then again, I'm a WAFF addict
It comes with the package, I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
I could not find Chapter Five (I missed it before) to read, so this summary helped a lot. Maybe later when you update your links I will go back and read it.
You haven't read it yet?!
Here, let me helo.

Chapter 5
part 2

Quote:
Wow, this is great. I'm not much of a reader (I dont read books, since I have no time), so to feel so immersed into a story I am not watching, but reading is quite a surprise to me whenever it happens, and your writing has done just that. But of course, to not mention works of Nighty, Lowe, Aaron, USB, Kagerou and others would not be fair, as those have done the same for me.

Quote:
Scene II is certainly my favorite scene so far, same as Aaron. Hayate did an awesome job to repel the huge mass of water, certainly showing what she is capable of. And later, she finally realized that her combat skills are terribly lacking.

Funny that I felt a sense of nostalgia when Hayate was touching Signum's cheek, and you made us remember how sweet Hayate was during A's... funny because I had nearly forgotten how much Hayate cares for her Knights, and how close they are - none of this was present in StrikerS. This alone has made my day.
That was indeed the best part.

And yeah, not only was Hayate shafted in almost every category, even her relationship with her Knights and supposed best friends like Nanoha and Fate were left out for fanservice and completely washed away by faulty execution of StrikerS!

Quote:
In Scene III, nice explanation about the feeling of magic and all, but when Fate said that spells are commonly programs stored in Devices... I know this was said in A's, but that is not entirely accurate, since mages can also cast spells without Devices. This would mean that spells are not exactly programs - however, TSAB computers can read spells as such, and can also create them as such. It can be said that the TSAB computers and Devices are tools used to make sense out of magic and spells, and to translate them into readable and probably understandable computer languages and programs, respectively. This is what makes sense to me, at least, since it is a typical approach for understanding and reading intangible stuff, such as power and speed, using numbers and mathematics.
This actually made some things easier for my works.

Quote:
Needs.....explanation....
That's just the naming method for Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. It's one of those colorful people in spandex costums shows.

Quote:
I never thought someone would be so happy to see me back

Thank you
We're all happy to see you back.

Quote:
~Heh~

Now THIS I missed greatly
So my overreactions were part of the fun in the past, huh?>.> ()

Quote:
Fuyu's OC Girls: And we thought he was the good guy -_-

Fuyu's OC Boys: We agree with him!

Fuyu's OC Girls send boys flying...

Sora: Yare yare
I'm still pretty much the same. I'm just a bit crazier.:nod Don't worry. I won't bite.

Quote:
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

All hail the revival of the " KHAAAAAAAAA Breaker "

Quote:
Hayate = Maria Clara???

COMPUTES SOMEWHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, it's still pending anyway. How GenerationS flow is more important, since while Night of Genesis is somewhat standalone, it's quite large as well, and it's not good for a clash.
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hai

But I'm not talking about a Harisen though... I'm talking about fans, ornate ones

Now can you imagine Hayate in Filipiniana? Yup, I meant that image
Sure. And now that I did...

Quote:
Ah, Comrade Aaron has decided to join us in our ways

*RUNS*
Not wholely yet.

Quote:
... Aurion's influence over Mai is gonna get me killed

*RUNS FASTER*
Actually, it was Mai's request since the normal Astaroth needs an upgrade to keep up with you and the others.

Quote:
So you guys corrupted him too.....

Sora: Girls, I have unfortunate news...

Girls: Yes?

Sora: Aaron has been corrupted...

Girls: Uso!

Sora: It's true...

Girls: *A single voice made from the combination of all arises* I see...We shall prepare the rifles and everything to start the "Sending flying" and "Sniper shooting" ops
Fu~yu.

Calm down, will ya.

I'm just having a bit of fun. I'm not running around shouting perverted stuff like them...>.>

Quote:
Spoiler for GO!GO! CADIA!:
Almost everyone in that picture in here! If I dare say, Shachou and Akari-chan are already here possibly in ***** * secret plans!

And...

Nice pic! And the Saber there is Kha switched with Sakura.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-02-23, 02:33   Link #20404
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
That's just the naming method for Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. It's one of those colorful people in spandex costums shows.
Asagi: Colorful people...
Mayura: In spandex...
Julie: Costumes shows?

Asagi: NAMAE WA!!!!
Mayura: KORE GA!!!!!
Julie: ORE TACHI WA!!!!!

Belkarangers: SUPAA SENTAI DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
Sure. And now that I did...

And then another image pops up...

Grandis: ~ Uso pa ba ang harana? Marahil ikaw ay nagtataka... ~

*runs*

Quote:
Actually, it was Mai's request since the normal Astaroth needs an upgrade to keep up with you and the others.
What kind of... upgrade?

Mai: ...

Me: OH SHI-

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-23, 02:35   Link #20405
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Aaah, the Knights just arrived in Neo-Venezia I see?

Well then, Welcome to Aqua

Spoiler for Youkoso!!!!:

Don't worry, you'll see the hot chicks soon enough, just keep watching. And trust me, none of you will stay for the action
I know.

Then again, I think Gimmy's gonna call for intervention of the slow pace of life with Terminator.

Quote:
Aaaah

GUNDAM KINSHI!!!!!!

Better now?
...ha?

Quote:
Yup, saw that pic down at the image Thread, and it's made of LOTSA WIN!!!! It even has Mai in there!

Quote:

Gotta love the canon fact that the master can take the form of the UD if the UD dominates.
Old 2008-02-23, 02:36   Link #20406
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
For a sniper rifle, that's just too slow. In fact, I believe 200 m/s is around hand gun velocity.

For what is supposed to be an advanced prototype magic/technology hybrid heavy sniper weapon, to not even be able to match the muzzel velocity of a typical NORMAL rifle... Nerfing for Magic or not, 200 m/s is just too slow.

Now what I could do, is make it's muzzel velocity VARIABLE.

That is to say. Since the propellent mechanism is plasma that was taken by stripping the air and making the bolt, the longer the bolt is charged, the more plasma there is to provide that 'push'. The bigger the push, the faster the bolt travels. Instant tradeoff mechanism.

In this fashon, I could go with the following.

A snap shot (or bolt) has little power, low velocity, and cheapo range. It's good enough at point blank range to surprise the enemy.

A charged bolt, or LANCE shot, would have higher velocity on par with typical rifles and sniper rifles. Extended range to match modern heavy sniper rifle counterparts. (Remember, no mass means no bullet drop, and that helps a great deal with range.)

And of course, it's all but FINISHER move would still retain the max qualities of the Lance. 2000 m/s velocity, 20,000 meters range in optimal conditions. (Remember, even though you CAN shoot twenty thousand meters, you aren't very well going to have many target oppertunities for an LOS weapon unless you or the target is elevated above the horizon. Which was why typical engagement range was 5000 meters.)
The 'Hyperlance Extension' would then be aptly named because the bolt travels at hypersonic velocity and has an extended range several times its weaker shot counterparts.

Thus, you get a tactical tradeoff too with that high velocity shot. To fire a hyperlance extension shot requires you to snap (into a slimjim) three cartridges. Which should light you up like the fourth of july on the magical detection scopes of anyone close enough for the high velocity to negate natural post-shot evaision response.

Kind of like how Nanoha picked up Dieci's cannon strike just before Longarch sounded the alarm.

So for the best velocity, range, and power, the shooter sacrifices surprise at closer ranges where it would OWN the competition to a HAXX level everyone's so worried about.

However, I would still expect that anyone who hasn't learned about the Lance (There is only one built into the Multiform Rifle mode of battery device right now) may not realize they need to move the FORK out of the way IMMEDIATELY when they sense that energy, just to throw off the shooter.

This comes at the very moment when I'm getting ready to write the scene that defines the Lance Rifle being used against an opponent in its mission environment: Long Range precision shooting.

All it depends on now is writing it so that I recognize the tradeoff in different advantages based on how it is used.

How does that work back now?
Go ahead and do whatever you like. Its a waste of time and effort in my opinion to even try and stop you. What's the point? You'll just wait till people give up and/or do it anyway. I have had enough. I GIVE UP!! You want to h4xx your stuff? I'll leave it to the others to H4xxbust.
Old 2008-02-23, 02:39   Link #20407
Aaron008R

Quote:

Sorry, sorry. It was an explanation for those who didn't know.

SORRY!!!

Quote:

And then another image pops up...

Grandis: ~ Uso pa ba ang harana? Marahil ikaw ay nagtataka... ~
Oky...

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

Quote:
What kind of... upgrade?

Mai: ...

Me: OH SHI-
It's for upped performance in general.

And...

Bye~bye...!

OC Profiles
Old 2008-02-23, 02:40   Link #20408
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know.

Then again, I think Gimmy's gonna call for intervention of the slow pace of life with Terminator.
Akira: What was that I heard over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
...ha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

Gotta love the canon fact that the master can take the form of the UD if the UD dominates.
[Lowe Vision]

UD dominates

UD dominates

UD dominates

[/Lowe Vision]

*suddenly has vision of Reinforce Eins dominating Hayate*

*runs*

Quote:

SORRY!!!
Julie: We'll forgive you...
Mayura: As long as you...
Asagi: DRESS UP

Belkarangers: *holding together Sha Fu suit*

Quote:
Oky...

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!
Also, Grandis in barong

Quote:
It's for upped performance in general.

And...

Bye~bye...!
Ba-bye na... aalis ka na...

*blood-curdling scream*

Old 2008-02-23, 02:45   Link #20409
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
[Lowe Vision]

UD dominates

UD dominates

UD dominates

[/Lowe Vision]

*runs*
Lowe, you've got some issues, ya know that?

*smacks Lowe with tessen fan*

[fanatic priest]I MUST PURGE THE EVIL FROM THIS POOR ONE'S DEFILED SOUL!!!![/fanatic priest]

In other news, what is Grandis saying?
Old 2008-02-23, 02:58   Link #20410
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Akira: What was that I heard over there?
Gimmy: Ah good! I was just saying... (hops up and walks over talking loudly)

Foy: Oi!

Taiyo: He's gone.

For good?

Quote:
Hidoi... ()

Quote:
[Lowe Vision]

UD dominates

UD dominates

UD dominates

[/Lowe Vision]

*runs*
Oi, oi, oi... Let's not stray from the matter at hand. Shouldn't the case at hand of Saber dominating Kha being much better more natural worst?

On the other hand, YOU made me picture Foy using Macro Dominator and dominating Otto...

*RUNS*
Old 2008-02-23, 02:58   Link #20411
Aaron008R

Quote:
[Lowe Vision]

UD dominates

UD dominates

UD dominates

[/Lowe Vision]

*runs*
[Dekamaster-style]D(evice)-Sword: Tyrfing!!!

TYRFING SLASH!!!!
[Dekamaster-style]

Quote:

Oh well... T_T

(BTW, I'm not Aurion. I'm Aaron!)

Quote:
Also, Grandis in barong
Well... Not that far off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
In other news, what is Grandis saying?
It's the lyrics to a 'Harana', aka a song of courtship used during the less modern times of our country. you do it to impress the girl your gunning for.

OC Profiles
Old 2008-02-23, 03:07   Link #20412
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
For a sniper rifle, that's just too slow. In fact, I believe 200 m/s is around hand gun velocity.

For what is supposed to be an advanced prototype magic/technology hybrid heavy sniper weapon, to not even be able to match the muzzel velocity of a typical NORMAL rifle... Nerfing for Magic or not, 200 m/s is just too slow.
For a rifle, yes. However, it is also roughly the speed of an antitank guided missile.

Quote:
A charged bolt, or LANCE shot, would have higher velocity on par with typical rifles and sniper rifles. Extended range to match modern heavy sniper rifle counterparts. (Remember, no mass means no bullet drop, and that helps a great deal with range.)
No mass would mean a laser, which this of course is not. Your round is just ridiculously undense, which is not so cool because it'll have a huge positive buoyancy in atmosphere. Your round is due to fly above your targets.

Quote:
And of course, it's all but FINISHER move would still retain the max qualities of the Lance. 2000 m/s velocity, 20,000 meters range in optimal conditions. (Remember, even though you CAN shoot twenty thousand meters, you aren't very well going to have many target oppertunities for an LOS weapon unless you or the target is elevated above the horizon. Which was why typical engagement range was 5000 meters.)
On the other hand, one has to remember the greatly increased firing opportunities available to a TSAB riflemen, because many of them can at least float - you don't need to get all that high to extend the horizon to 20km.

Quote:
So for the best velocity, range, and power, the shooter sacrifices surprise at closer ranges where it would OWN the competition to a HAXX level everyone's so worried about.
Actually, at closer ranges, he won't need surprise with your gun. They can sense him charge but they can't sense him re-aim and fire, and even at 200m/s flight time at typical Nanoverse combat ranges is measured in milliseconds. Dodging is difficult and even the auto-guard protect won't fire fast enough. So it'll still be a H3xx assault weapon (in the literary sense).

Quite frankly, the only way to work properly in the Nanoha universe, IMO, is to pretend conventional weapons never existed. Otherwise, you will keep bumping into problems of conscience like this one.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:09   Link #20413
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lowe, you've got some issues, ya know that?

*smacks Lowe with tessen fan*

[fanatic priest]I MUST PURGE THE EVIL FROM THIS POOR ONE'S DEFILED SOUL!!!![/fanatic priest]
Serious Issues? Whazzat, izzat delicious?

U NEVA GONA CATZ MI ALAYB!!!!!!!

*runs*

Quote:
Gimmy: Ah good! I was just saying... (hops up and walks over talking loudly)

Foy: Oi!

Taiyo: He's gone.

For good?

May Gimmy's soul rest in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Oi, oi, oi... Let's not stray from the matter at hand. Shouldn't the case at hand of Saber dominating Kha being much better more natural worst?

On the other hand, YOU made me picture Foy using Macro Dominator and dominating Otto...

*RUNS*
Foy dominating Otto eh? I'd like to see that

*runs*

Quote:
[Dekamaster-style]D(evice)-Sword: Tyrfing!!!

TYRFING SLASH!!!!
[Dekamaster-style]
AAAAAARGH I'LL BE BACK RANGERS!!!!!!

*explodes in shower of fireworks*

Quote:
Oh well... T_T

(BTW, I'm not Aurion. I'm Aaron!)
Doesn't matter

Quote:
It's the lyrics to a 'Harana', aka a song of courtship used during the less modern times of our country. you do it to impress the girl your gunning for.
More precisely, it's the lyrics to a song about the Harana (serenade), entitled... well, "Harana"

Spoiler for If you want to hear the song::

And yes, Parokya Ni Edgar WINS

Old 2008-02-23, 03:11   Link #20414
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Guilty Gear's Dizzy.
Ahh! See? I KNEW I had seen her somewhere else

Quote:
somewhat...
Not for me

Quote:
Now that everyone else has them... might as well expect more static.
Static ftl It would be more fun if certain parts weren't cut off our posts (FF-ers would be terrified if the static didn't hinder us though )

Quote:
I eat or get hit by words....

Quote:
It's not an Obsession!

It is Love!

who wouldn't if the one rowing your boat was Alicia-sa-

Gate of Neo-Venezia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saint X
Yeah....and apparently 'tis a dangerous love you have there

Quote:
In the OC, you cannot escape
Let me save face by "trying" to resist

Quote:
Because she's a Goddess, a Great Water Fairy, a-

SUWA!
Ah sou...

Quote:
I'm not harsh... *points to Andrei* he is...
Sure you aren't () Don't worry () I believe you ()

Quote:
Only upper OC management can see basis...
Please explain the information level-thingy to me yes?

Quote:
I don't wanna turn her into a dangerous woman by unplugging her...

That didn't sound right...
Yup. It didn't sound right at all

Quote:
Ask Kha...
Don't really think I wanna know anymore

Quote:
I'm trying to hold him into an MSN conversation for at least 3 hours to get things straight- but alas...

Saint X is temporarily working in the Angelic Layer Ficverse as of this moment... will be back
It'd better be soon

Quote:
yes... after i sort out things on my end.
Hopefully that too will be soon nod:

Quote:
Hayate in Filipiniana?

COMPUTING
Ugh

Quote:
Glad to be of fanservice

Quote:
Spoiler for GO!GO! CADIA!:

And...

I think I know where Kha is (If I'm right I swear to god I'm gonna laugh for half an hour )

Quote:
Is this... the signs of war?
No, that's the sign of warm-ups!

Quote:
Why yes indeed
Creator-tan and her girls:

Quote:
Unfortunately Mai doesn't believe in SUPER SENTAI TAMASHII!!!!!!
And why not?

Quote:
Nope, those are Rider Kicks
Waaahhh!!

Quote:
It doesn't matter if she's a trainee, or even less than a trainee!

Even if we capsize, it wouldn't matter as long as Alicia-san is here!

*runs*

Alicia is pretty much well loved huh?

Quote:

Der Kleriker will do whatever is necessary for him to accomplish his ends

Quote:
You have to admit: The poor dog wolf has a right to cry

Quote:
It's filled with my BURNING PASSION for OC!

Quote:
Spandex....costumes......

*backs away slowly*

Quote:
We're all happy to see you back.
I'm happy to be back

Quote:
So my overreactions were part of the fun in the past, huh?>.> ()
To be perfectly truthful: Yes ()

Quote:
I'm still pretty much the same. I'm just a bit crazier.:nod Don't worry. I won't bite.
A.K.A You got corrupted

Quote:

Quote:
Remark: Only somewhat

Quote:
Not wholely yet.
Good, good

Quote:
Fu~yu.

Calm down, will ya.

I'm just having a bit of fun. I'm not running around shouting perverted stuff like them...>.>
Ye~es?

Calm? But I am calm

I know I'm just having a bit of fun too I never got around sending people flying before and now that I have the chance I'll use it from time to time

Quote:
Ah...

Really? *<---- Hadn't noticed before*

Quote:

Souka...

So THESE are the weirdos I heard about. I see, I see

Super ultra bad

Please forgive me ^^;

Quote:

SORRY!!!
It's okay, I'm sure they'll get over it...

....soon enough

Quote:

*runs*
Dangerous visions are dangerous

Quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*Escapes before cosplay operation takes place*

Night guys *yawns* Will be back for more madness later (3:10 AM here )

*Connection closed*
Old 2008-02-23, 03:35   Link #20415
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I think I know where Kha is (If I'm right I swear to god I'm gonna laugh for half an hour )
Lowe and Aaron all got it right, and yes I love that old Ranma joke.

Also, yeah it's been nice knowing Gimmy, just when I was about to release his profile.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:42   Link #20416
Anita
~ I Will ~

T-t-TESTING?!

Kha...

BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA

(Tomoyo-punch combo)

KHA NO BAKAAA!

(sends Kha flying)

And that should finish the Ranma joke too! ^_^

Hi guys! Didn't manage to get Sophie done at all... Too busy.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:46   Link #20417
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Static ftl It would be more fun if certain parts weren't cut off our posts (FF-ers would be terrified if the static didn't hinder us though )
Unfortunately, Celestial Being is working overtime to jam our communications

Quote:
Ugh
Here's what we're talking about:

Spoiler for Filipiniana:

We're trying to imagine Hayate in those

Quote:
No, that's the sign of warm-ups!
That's just a warm-up?

Quote:

Alicia is pretty much well loved huh?
Yup, she pretty much is by her army of fans

She's pretty much Yamato Nadeshiko personified, refined, graceful, elegant, forgiving... yet with that pinch of mischief that makes you wonder how she really thinks

Spoiler for Alicia:

Quote:
Der Kleriker will do whatever is necessary for him to accomplish his ends
Quote:

Souka...

So THESE are the weirdos I heard about. I see, I see

Super ultra bad

Please forgive me ^^;

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*Escapes before cosplay operation takes place*
Asagi: Aaaw, and she would've made a good Mele too

Quote:
Also, yeah it's been nice knowing Gimmy, just when I was about to release his profile.
Thankfully, he isn't following in his Meister's footsteps... or is he?

*Gimmy wakes up*

Gimmy: Where am I?

*sees himself in a wooden boat under a purple sky*

So this is what he was talking about

@Anita:

Welcome back, here to give Kha more of his fair share of pain?

Old 2008-02-23, 03:47   Link #20418
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
T-t-TESTING?!

Kha...

BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA

(Tomoyo-punch combo)

KHA NO BAKAAA!

(sends Kha flying)

And that should finish the Ranma joke too! ^_^

Hi guys! Didn't manage to get Sophie done at all... Too busy.
I kneeew iiit...

*DING!*
Old 2008-02-23, 05:07   Link #20419
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Ougi: Dai-Gurren Line Breaker!
wolf-girl is ;
Ow my head...... But yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Right ... not like I can't get my "revenge" now, Matt.
Here comes the rofl copter...... rofl rofl rofl
Quote:
Oh, this makes me a little guilty. My satisfaction in writing doesn't stem from the fact that I can write longer than most or impress people with some flowery words. The satisfaction comes from the story being able to touch people's hearts, which is more than enough for me. That's the purpose of writing, to me at least. So, I guess I don't really mind the story being gobbled up as soon as it's published.

Quote:
Yep. The creature (CJ7) can be be squashed into a pancake and then revert to its original form.

Quote:
Yep, quite soon. About four chapters more.
Hmm, given that you're chapters seem to be increasing everytime, another 100-150k words then...
Quote:
Uhm, there are actually ten more than haven't been introduced, though they're already present. The Magi (Lazarus being the only one revealed so far) have eight other members led by a leader. The tenth is ... well, coming out in the next chapter.
Character map.... NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Holy shi-! Curse you!
rofl rofl rofl
Quote:
.....You'll need a character list soon then.

Quote:
*grumbles* So someone stole my SUPA BACKLOG BREAKA max power GN Cannon I'll just have to take the medium one *grumbles some more*

BACKLOG BREAKAAAA!!!!

Quote:
[Mystic voices] Nobody can resist t3h power of OC. It is futile to try...[/Mystic voices]

Quote:
Fuyu's OC Girls: And we thought he was the good guy -_-

Fuyu's OC Boys: We agree with him!

Fuyu's OC Girls send boys flying...

Sora: Yare yare

Quote:
None can resist T3H Dark Side of T3H Farce
Was that supposed to include me as well? >.>

Quote:
I kneeew iiit...

*DING!*

@Thread, hopefully I'll be able to write a little this weekend.

Now onto a partial backlog breaker

@ATC. / Anyone else interested in this topic of the Flight Ceiling
The recommended flight ceiling(rfc) is something that's already been thought of. It was either Tk or me that came up with it to begin with (I'm not too sure) But I have referred to it in my fics. I've never actually bothered to look into an actual number for it until today. It's always going to be different as it very much depends on the atmosphere that the example it talking about, but the upper limit in my mind was always the highest point at which the characters could still breath at a relatively normal rate.

If the rfc was to be calcualted for earth for a being that normally lives around sea level (0m), then it's likely to be around 2km up or so. Although this is obviously dependent on fitness levels and a number of other factors.

Thus working off this scale (I know it's pretty shoddy) and assuming that Midchilda has a similar atmosphere to earths, then Fate and Crash are far above their flight ceiling. It might be a little different for Crash since he's in the suit, but I think it's safe to say that Fate would be outside her rfc. I would recomment to cut their altitude to at least 10k feet (~3.3km). Although somewhere between 8-9k wouldn't be bad either.

Note that I say recommended since it's obviously possible for them to operating above the rfc, but it wouldn't be something that they would be able to sustain for very long without prior acclimatisation to the lower oxygen levels in the air.

So in summary, the rfc is something that can be ignored, but at the peril to the flier's health. It's dependent on at least two things:
1) The oxygen content on the air of the planet that they're on
2) The fitness/health levels of the indivdual in question

It is possible for a person's rfc to rise/fall depending on these conditions and as such the rfc of one person won't necessarily be the same as another's.

I think that about sums it up, although I think that it'd be safe to say that 3km would be the approximate limit of N/F on Earth at their current levels. Hope that helps.

@Goose
Right finally reading Alpha Chpater 1 part something or other

You've got Tesla down pat That's for sure XD

SO the spawn are a mix of the flood and the zerg...............

Um , yay for another attempt at an internal coup.....I guess.

Chapter 2 part 1
I see what you did there....... Let's see what happens... (N)

Although I'm surprised. This is starting to seem a lot like the angsty Nanoha fic that you were talking about some time ago, but not a word on Nanoha yet from the others(Or maybe I just missed it...)

Syn/Vivio drama is developing nicely XD Keep it up

@Dkellis
You said a while back that you didn't think that the thread was prepared for the type of reviewing that you like to do. Perhaps you're correct, but you're welcome to tear any of my works to pieces if you feel like it. Criticism is welcomed by me. Unfortunately, the rest of the thread likes to give out plenty of praise so I can't really ask them

On to Lyrical Melancholy. I can't see any grammar/spelling issues and the whole thing reads well. If I recall correctly, you were worried about it being wordy/info dump. Yes it was an info dump, but it was a well written info-dump. It's slowly revealing the things that are necessary to advance the plot, while not spilling into other irrelevant topics that aren't going to move the story along.

All I can say at the moment it to keep it up the way it is now. It doesn't have to have action/fanservice to make it a good read. Although yes it can help at times. I'll be making sure to read your things as they come out now (as long as I have the time of course )
Old 2008-02-23, 06:10   Link #20420
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post

@ATC. / Anyone else interested in this topic of the Flight Ceiling
The recommended flight ceiling(rfc) is something that's already been thought of. It was either Tk or me that came up with it to begin with (I'm not too sure) But I have referred to it in my fics. I've never actually bothered to look into an actual number for it until today. It's always going to be different as it very much depends on the atmosphere that the example it talking about, but the upper limit in my mind was always the highest point at which the characters could still breath at a relatively normal rate.

If the rfc was to be calcualted for earth for a being that normally lives around sea level (0m), then it's likely to be around 2km up or so. Although this is obviously dependent on fitness levels and a number of other factors.

Thus working off this scale (I know it's pretty shoddy) and assuming that Midchilda has a similar atmosphere to earths, then Fate and Crash are far above their flight ceiling. It might be a little different for Crash since he's in the suit, but I think it's safe to say that Fate would be outside her rfc. I would recomment to cut their altitude to at least 10k feet (~3.3km). Although somewhere between 8-9k wouldn't be bad either.

Note that I say recommended since it's obviously possible for them to operating above the rfc, but it wouldn't be something that they would be able to sustain for very long without prior acclimatisation to the lower oxygen levels in the air.

So in summary, the rfc is something that can be ignored, but at the peril to the flier's health. It's dependent on at least two things:
1) The oxygen content on the air of the planet that they're on
2) The fitness/health levels of the indivdual in question

It is possible for a person's rfc to rise/fall depending on these conditions and as such the rfc of one person won't necessarily be the same as another's.

I think that about sums it up, although I think that it'd be safe to say that 3km would be the approximate limit of N/F on Earth at their current levels. Hope that helps.
Actually, for mages operating only on temporary or combat basis with a barrier field that keeps air pressure steady... I think you would be good on up to six thousand meters or so without any problems to deal with.
And for limited problems, good on up to eight km (Marked 26,250 ft) so long as you were only going up for a few minutes before coming back down so that the jacket could keep the field well oxygenated, or moving forward enough to 'ramjet' oxygen out of the air.

http://www.answers.com/topic/death-zone?cat=health

I would move to extend the RFC to six Km rather than two. Even though the article suggests long term body function problems don't really start to become an issue until above seven km and certain death an issue at eight km +.

That gives you a more entertaining ~20,000 (19,685 ft exactly) feet of altitude to operate in with assured functionality even in the medium to long term. Though technically, the barrier jacket could extend that comfort level up to a moderate distance above the Death Zone. (But certainly not up to 65,000 feet without some kind of massive barrier field acting as a giant ramscoop in the air just to get oxygen.)
Closed Thread