AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-05-09, 14:13   Link #7021
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Well, unless Chrono is in the Second Fleet (for all we know we don't know where he is), it is a rather huge interfleet hassle, esp if the Second Fleet is concerned.

Yula has a lot of surprises in store.
Well, she can always have a match with Yui

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Just out of curiosity, can the Wolkies reproduce? I get the inspiration to create a character that is related to one of them.
No idea...but it's likely that they can't.
Then again, canon can bust that at anytime, like it did with "Al Hazred is a myth" and "You can't bring the dead back to life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The reason I asked about the Woljkies is because I saw a character that inspire me to create an OC related to the. To be exact, this OC will be Signum's daughter. It will be kind of interesting to see how Signum's role as a mother and a wife.
She'd be the one wearing the pants in the family, that's what
Old 2009-05-09, 15:12   Link #7022
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*Stumbles into the thread wearing an ACEN "Got Soap?" t-shirt*

Oi. Question for anyone who's ever been to an anime convention:

Are my feet gonna feel like they've been through a meat grinder for the rest of my life?

News from Anime Central, Cadians: THERE ARE NO NANOHA COSPLAYERS OR MERCHANDISE HERE! I saw dozens of Final Fantasy characters, several hundred ninja and shinigami, well over 50 Narutos... and one Chibi Fate and one Teana. And no wall scrolls or figures anywhere to be seen. I could just about cry right now.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 15:19   Link #7023
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post

Are my feet gonna feel like they've been through a meat grinder for the rest of my life?
Wuss.

Quote:
News from Anime Central, Cadians: THERE ARE NO NANOHA COSPLAYERS OR MERCHANDISE HERE! I saw dozens of Final Fantasy characters, several hundred ninja and shinigami, well over 50 Narutos... and one Chibi Fate and one Teana. And no wall scrolls or figures anywhere to be seen. I could just about cry right now.
Not what you expected, huh? Sad truth is that Nanoha is a very very small niche anime. Conventions mostly focus on merchandise of large, well known anime and maybe if you're lucky some small stuff of lesser known anime. I know I was absolutely ecstatic when I managed to find one single Nanoha figurine on my last Chibicon.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 15:36   Link #7024
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
No effective Nanoha fanbase at the con??

This is blasphemy.... this is MADNESS!!!
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 15:49   Link #7025
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

Don't worry come monday you'll feel better... unless you're like me and manage to injure your back hauling around a sack about as big as yourself.

And yeah you're not gonna find much Nanohawise. I found a wall scroll once and I've seen a couple of figures here and there but it's not a huge fandom.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 16:37   Link #7026
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:

You'll be fine, wuss. Next time wear better shoes

At Katsucon, Otakon, and AnimeUSA over here in the Maryland-DC-Virginia area, only the most minimal of Nanoha-related merchandise was found. In particular, square pillow covers of StrikerS-era Nanoha and Fate. There was little else to be seen. Of the conventions, I've seen only two Nanoha-related cosplay: Eva in Chrono, and Manoha glomping me.

The horror.

The horror.

You won't find much in ANY con. This is because MLGN isn't actually a popular anime, compared to shounen materials like Naruto, Final Fantasy, etc. Plus, it was only recently released to American audiences. Shops will sell what is in demand, and unfortunately, Nanoha isn't.
Old 2009-05-09, 19:22   Link #7027
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not what you expected, huh? Sad truth is that Nanoha is a very very small niche anime. Conventions mostly focus on merchandise of large, well known anime and maybe if you're lucky some small stuff of lesser known anime. I know I was absolutely ecstatic when I managed to find one single Nanoha figurine on my last Chibicon.
True, I was expecting a wider base of merchandise and stuff, not a Naruto/Bleach/Death Note/Final Fantasy monopoly. I did see an artbook or two in several of the imports booths, but I'm strapped for cash and had to conserve what I had, so I didn't get either one.

Thankfully there's an abundance of Gurren Lagann material here; I got myself a wallscroll of the Dai-Gurren skull emblem for my room, and a rubber keychain accessory for about $7. There's also about six or seven Simon/Yoko/Kamina cosplay trios running around piercing any heavens they can get their hands on, and one adult!Simon/AntiSpiral!Nia duo. Good to know the show is catching on Stateside.

There are some really crazy cosplayers out here though; no sign of ManFaye or any 300 pound Sailor Senshi, fortunately, but I bumped into KOS-MOS Ver. 4 with a plastic and styrofoam G-Shot made to scale (I think), complete with red color contact lenses. Yesterday there was a scantily-clad catboy running around freaking people out, as well as a remarkably accurate Bridget crossplayer who I found more amusing than creepy for some reason.

One more thing: is it normal to wait ten minutes to get a pass at the door? I have friends in my anime club who tell horror stories about 12-hour lines, but when I showed up at about 1:00 PM Friday afternoon, there was virtually nobody in line for registration.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 21:45   Link #7028
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Just gonna point out that in the chapter title the second "where" is not only unnecessary it breaks the flow of the sentence and makes it seem there are 2 different chapter 1's. So look out for throwing in words where they don't need to be, you do it quite often and create a bunch of awkward phrases.
Come to think of it...I should have put 'in which' in the first and just cut out the second 'where' instead, right?

Well, like I said before I tend to write less like a full-blown novel-style thing; too measured for me. I tend to drop, for myself, into Lu Hsun or Dostoyevsky-type 'solliloqies', just for the style of it, of course, and the rest I think I'll just put down to my own modification of that kind of writing.

Granted, that style takes some getting used to (to tell the truth this is in fact an experimental style, so I'm still tweaking it XD), because you never know when I'm narrating and when I drop into the character's thoughts; the only clear thing is when exactly they're thinking, which is in the italics.

Ah well, I'll try to cut down just a little on the 'awkward phrases' -I suspect personally that it's the fact that I don't meld narration and partial solliloqy properly-, although I might have some trouble and may need some help; since my training is more in the art of the mask than of the pen, some phrases seem perfectly fine to me for acting on stage, but of course they may not sound so right on paper.

...but then again, is not real life a stage?

All the same, thanks for the comment, Shiny, I'll look into it. =3
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 22:23   Link #7029
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hmm let's see...

Singapore's Grand Ani Con 09 has not been confirmed. WAICON in Perth will be in January. I'll be in Singapore from November onwards and will only return in Febuary.

Be glad you can actually go to A convention.
Old 2009-05-11, 00:34   Link #7030
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Ok. It took me a while to finish this character. The most difficult part is coming up of a name for the character. My options were:

Relliant (Rel-Yant)
Regalia
Lafarga
Nerval
Xedos
Kyral (yes...you Kyral. I really like the sound of your username after all >__<)

In the end, I settled with Nerval. I don't know if it sounds cool but let me know if you think its lame.

Anyway, I did my best to make him look similar to one of our most beloved character in the series.

Just a reminder. To those who actually read my fanfic, there are spoilers included in the post.

Spoiler for Nerval Foresythe:

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for Personality:

Spoiler for Manner of speech:

Spoiler for Combat Capabilities:

Spoiler for Device:

Spoiler for Spells:

Spoiler for Background:

I'd also like to mention that the person who gave Silvance to Asclei...is none other than Nerval himself.

Last edited by Silvance; 2009-05-11 at 19:23.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 00:37   Link #7031
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Well, here on my end, I've been thinking about my Battle of Cranagan (Stop the Nukes!) events once more.

I was thinking... to up the stakes even more, I figure that a couple of ten kiloton nukes in a city the volume of los angeles with the density of new york is a little pittiful. If Daedalus is going for a true Decapitation strike on Cranagan, he needs something more.

So I'm adding another layer to his deception that almost wins him the fight.

The ten kiloton 'Shkval' russian nuclear torpedos he stole and armed with nuclear materials was just tier III of the deception.

The master stroke would be a THERMONUCLEAR (That's Fusion) device set up right on the HQ tower by drones... EVERYTHING else is a massive, multi-layer diversion.

It's a grunt that blows the secret so the heroes can win the fight. (Enemy grunt can't resist gloating that they win anyway... so Roland shakes a cryptic answer out of him, and they figure it out.)

What I'll do then, is use up all the Chekov's Guns I've been setting up for crash over the course of the story.

Up to what I have written now, I've given him his Hyperlance, his Domino Effect, and just added the Advanced Pattern and the Processor Power of EDI and the Maidens.... Then I've still got to give him his Breaker Shell.

The sequence will work as thus: After the Fusion nuke is discovered and it's location confirmed, he will take the shot, but he has to do so through amped wide field AMF at extreme range. Everyone else will be 'conveniently' spread out wide across the city searching for it. (So he's the only one who can take the shot in time, because we know the 'Countdown Clock is Ticking' at this point.)

So what he does, is put that ability of his to plan on the spot, something we've seen him do once in story so far... And he'll tie Battery into EDI and the Maidens for the processing power he needs to use the Advanced Magic Circle... then he'll load a Breaker Shell given to him by Cooper after the battle of McGreggor. (The other Chekov's Gun I haven't written into the story yet.)

This will give him access to his Ultimate Limit Break... the long range breaker attack: LANCE CANNON. (His normal heavy shot is the Hyperlance Extension, LANCE CANNON is the Sniper's Starlight Breaker of sorts. With all his Boosters and assists going, of course.)

The thing I need to figure out here, is how to bring his domino effect, into effect to WIN this scenario... Perhaps there's extra field gens around the final nuke, almost cutting off ALL magic... just something that makes it impossible to take a direct shot, but 'maybe, with a bit of creativity...'

And I still have to incorporate an exploding cartridge magazine into the plot... probably something to help finish of Zed-01.

Thoughts, ideas?
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 00:49   Link #7032
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate T Harlaown View Post
Ok. It took me a while to finish this character. The most difficult part is coming up of a name for the character. My options were:

Relliant (Rel-Yant)
Regalia
Lafarga
Nerval
Xedos
Kyral (yes...you Kyral. I really like the sound of your username after all >__<)

In the end, I settled with Nerval. I don't know if it sounds cool but let me know if you think its lame.

Anyway, I did my best to make him look similar to one of our most beloved character in the series.

Just a reminder. To those who actually read my fanfic, there are spoilers included in the post.

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for Personality:

Spoiler for Manner of speech:

Spoiler for Combat Capabilities:

Spoiler for Device:

Spoiler for Spells:

Spoiler for Background:

I'd also like to mention that the person who gave Silvance to Asclei...is none other than Nerval himself.
Of all names, NERVAL?! He even has that sort of bisexual attraction!

Does that make Precia... Aleida?

*hears klaxxons go off aboard the Silvana*

Neocentarian... Though to be honest, the average lifespan of a person living in a metropolitan center of the Core Worlds is 150 solar cycles, and 200 years is rather attainable, just that they don't usually age even half as gracefully as that!

And I see that the magically-absorbent material of Gerbera Straight was once called Mythril.

Not much arguments from me except that he is one powerful dude, and that the slot of Fate's father has long been held by Zone Testarossa.

Btw, are you -Fate- with a new name? Cos the art style is rather familiar... Pardon me if I'm making a mistake.
Old 2009-05-11, 01:01   Link #7033
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Relliant (Rel-Yant)
Regalia
Lafarga
Nerval
Xedos

[MeisterBabylon]Of all names, NERVAL?! [/MeisterBabylon]

Call Leopard on the double!!!!!!

And a bisexual attraction that makes even men gay for him? Shouldn't he look more like

Spoiler for This guy:

Then?

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*

But a true anti-ship sword... that can cut through ANYTHING? He should've been named Zenga-

*is SHOT*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 01:02   Link #7034
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Got enough SSS class stuff there? That some crazy power levels. I can't even begin to describe how ridiculous this guy sounds, regardless of backstory, history, etc. Is this an OC or Jesus?

From a glance, way too perfect, way too powerful. What's stopping this guy from cleaving the universe in half with an errant sneeze?

I do like the art though.
Old 2009-05-11, 01:29   Link #7035
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Of all names, NERVAL?! He even has that sort of bisexual attraction!

Does that make Precia... Aleida?

*hears klaxxons go off aboard the Silvana*

Neocentarian... Though to be honest, the average lifespan of a person living in a metropolitan center of the Core Worlds is 150 solar cycles, and 200 years is rather attainable, just that they don't usually age even half as gracefully as that!

And I see that the magically-absorbent material of Gerbera Straight was once called Mythril.

Not much arguments from me except that he is one powerful dude, and that the slot of Fate's father has long been held by Zone Testarossa.

Btw, are you -Fate- with a new name? Cos the art style is rather familiar... Pardon me if I'm making a mistake.
Nerval is no good?

I'll expand more about the Neocentarians later on. Though, I'd like to mention beforehand that the Neocentarians of Aldia are a bit special >_0

Yes. Nerval is overpowered. Its intentional since he's considered to be Aldia's strongest knight in its history. Also, I'd like to mention that Nerval's fight in the Battle of Oxfield doesn't end with just the King's Lance. There's another group that would....I think....I'll stop here. It'd be a spoiler if I reveal anything more.

And yes. My previous username was -Fate-
To be honest. I feel kinda happy that someone actually recognizes my art style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
[MeisterBabylon]Of all names, NERVAL?! [/MeisterBabylon]

Call Leopard on the double!!!!!!

And a bisexual attraction that makes even men gay for him? Shouldn't he look more like

Spoiler for This guy:

Then?

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*

But a true anti-ship sword... that can cut through ANYTHING? He should've been named Zenga-

*is SHOT*

LOL @ Masa-san image. I guess I should consider renaming the character then

Anyway, there are other Colossal Arms in Aldia; however, they're not as close to being haxx as Veinslay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Got enough SSS class stuff there? That some crazy power levels. I can't even begin to describe how ridiculous this guy sounds, regardless of backstory, history, etc. Is this an OC or Jesus?

From a glance, way too perfect, way too powerful. What's stopping this guy from cleaving the universe in half with an errant sneeze?

I do like the art though.
The Aldian king is God and Nerval was his Jesus. You know, cuz Nerval decided to leave the Aldia'n ranks and join Albion.

Anyway, Aldia doesn't have much troops and ships compared to TSAB but they make up for it with their ridiculously powerful knights. Also, its not impossible to defeat Nerval. You know, I'd really love to explain more but it'd beat the purpose of writing the chapters of my fanfic. ToT

P.S.
I'm thinking to change my OC's name and would like to ask which one in the list do you guys think sounds better?

Last edited by Silvance; 2009-05-11 at 01:54.
Old 2009-05-11, 01:38   Link #7036
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

I see. I figured you were -Fate- since the art style is distinctly yours. I just didn't say so because everyone else did

Well, I can understand your hesitation in explaining further. No one wants to reveal all the secrets ahead of time. I'm just saying that as it stands, Nerval looks to be one hell of an overH4XXed character. I don't have any context in which to work with, so I can't really comment further without completely tearing into it blindly.

Also you may want to clarify what it means for "everything" in your descriptions. For all I could interpret that as, Nerval can cleave through the very essence of existence and bring about an inter dimensional apocalypse by tripping over a banana.

And dammit your use of images as emoticons will not convince me or change my opinions! Even if they are outrageously cute.
Old 2009-05-11, 01:52   Link #7037
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I see. I figured you were -Fate- since the art style is distinctly yours. I just didn't say so because everyone else did

Well, I can understand your hesitation in explaining further. No one wants to reveal all the secrets ahead of time. I'm just saying that as it stands, Nerval looks to be one hell of an overH4XXed character. I don't have any context in which to work with, so I can't really comment further without completely tearing into it blindly.
Thanks for understanding.

Quote:
Also you may want to clarify what it means for "everything" in your descriptions. For all I could interpret that as, Nerval can cleave through the very essence of existence and bring about an inter dimensional apocalypse by tripping over a banana.
LOL. Got it. I'll go through it after I wake up since I'm really sleepy right now. Is that okay?

Quote:
And dammit your use of images as emoticons will not convince me or change my opinions! Even if they are outrageously cute.
I don't use them to change other people's opinions. I use them because they're cute. =D
I'll stop using them if its a bother to you guys though. D=

Since I'm at it, I might as well provide another visual aide for you guys.

This is what the First Lance, Lantist Levandere Rey looks like.

Spoiler for 1st Lance:

He's also an SS+ rank knight and a summoner as well. 3 out of his 4 steel dragons were KIA during the battle with Nerval. D=
Old 2009-05-11, 01:56   Link #7038
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
LOL. Got it. I'll go through it after I wake up since I'm really sleepy right now. Is that okay?
NO YOU WILL GET IT DONE NOW ಠ_ಠ

Naw I kid. Go sleep and rest up.

Quote:
I don't use them to change other people's opinions. I use them because they're cute. =D
I'll stop using them if its a bother to you guys though. D=
Haha you misunderstand. It's not a bother at all; rather, it's kinda endearing. Here I am, trying to be serious, only to be distracted by these images of chibi Fate. ( ゚ ヮ゚)

Oh god you're already infecting my brain. (°_o)
Old 2009-05-11, 03:15   Link #7039
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Nerval is no good?
Actually its perfectly fine. And perfectly scary.

Quote:
I'll expand more about the Neocentarians later on. Though, I'd like to mention beforehand that the Neocentarians of Aldia are a bit special >_0

Yes. Nerval is overpowered. Its intentional since he's considered to be Aldia's strongest knight in its history. Also, I'd like to mention that Nerval's fight in the Battle of Oxfield doesn't end with just the King's Lance. There's another group that would....I think....I'll stop here. It'd be a spoiler if I reveal anything more.
Ah... I guess it works in your universe.

Quote:
To be honest. I feel kinda happy that someone actually recognizes my art style.
Its really recognizable.

Quote:
P.S.
I'm thinking to change my OC's name and would like to ask which one in the list do you guys think sounds better?
I like Nerval. XD

Quote:
Haha you misunderstand. It's not a bother at all; rather, it's kinda endearing. Here I am, trying to be serious, only to be distracted by these images of chibi Fate. ( ゚ ヮ゚)

[FAIL]
Old 2009-05-11, 03:41   Link #7040
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Nerval is no good?
Actually it's quite good... though to get our reaction, you need to watch Sora Wo Kakeru Shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate T Harlaown
What happened to your old account anyways?

Quote:

Surrender to the moe

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content