AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-24, 12:50   Link #1781
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I have been spending some time thinking out Syn now, and I discovered the source of one of the stumbleblocks. As you know, Syn is linked to Vivio, and much of her character progresion and development are linked to Vivio. However, we don't know anything on how Vivio will progress. What will her personallity be? What magic style will she use? How will she use it? What will her device be? What will her goal be when she joins the TSAB? Will she join the TSAB?

So I've comes to ask advice, and give my own analysis of what a 'canon' Vivio would look like. Me being me, this means that instead of going out and invent stuff, I like to stick to the things canon has given us. So lets begin:

Vivio: Her personallity.

The basics of a character, and arguably one of the easier parts. If we look at StrikerS, we see a girl who is always looking for warmth, always looking for people to care, and be cared about. We also see a very inquisitive girl, who likes to learn, as shown when she watches videos of her mothers lessons. We also know that she is a crybaby, and while I believe that she will grow out of crying about everything, I still think that her quick tears are a part of her personallity. Lastly, during the final episodes, we see a girl who wants to stand on her own legs, and even though she loves her mother, she doesn't want to rely on her for everything, and wants to become strong.

Vivio: Her goals.

This is where things become harder. While I think her joining the TSAB won't be in much question, the real question becomes 'what will her goals be?' will she follow her mother and become an instructor? Will she follow Hayate and become an investigator? Will she follow Fate and become an Enforcer? Or will she follow Subaru and become a member of the Disaster Managment?

My personal opinion is that she will follow either Fate the Wolkenritter's path. Her experience is similar to Fate and Hayate, in that she was saved by the people who loved her. This could put her down a path that would make her want to keep the things that happened to her happen to other people. Also, since her goal near the end of StrikerS is to 'become strong' rather then 'to teach' being on the investigator/enforcer or combat division path sounds more logical for Vivio.

The question then becomes: Which path? Either way you could make a case for it. As an Investigator/Enforcer, she would be able to seek out and safe people a la Fate, but as a member of the Combat Division, she would have ample oportunity to grow stronger.

Vivio: Her magic style.

Again a case with much diversity among the fanbase. Some say she goes Belkan, others say she will mimic her mother and go Mid. Me? I like to work with what we have, rather then grab in the air. Canon gives us Belkan magic, a rainbow collored magic collor, a penchant to melee and ranged attacks seemingly going for mid-range

Concidering a few of her abillities, we have this:

Spoiler:

Now this is interesting, because it means two things: One, Vivio has a biological automated self-defence, which is apparently powerfull enough to trash a truck and several drones (due to a lack of detail lets just say it was a huge magical explosion a la Diabolic Emision) and second, she has the abillity to 'copy' spells. Now we know that she studied video's of Nanoha giving lessons, so it is probably done through seeing a spell in action. How much time is needed for her to copy is unknown, but I expect it to be a long-term thing. How much of Nanoha's attacks she has learned is unknown, but it is not unrealistic to assume she has learned and converted all of them. She seems to favor using the Belkan ones, which ties in with the rest of her combat scenes.

The Armor of the Saint King is still subject of debate, even in canon, but as it has been stated by Quattro to require a Relic to be able to be used to full efficiency, dubbing it as her having a powerfull defence potentional seems adequite. It should be at least that much, concidering Quattro said she could survive Dieci's S-rank blast, and it ties with her Belkan style as well.

Vivio: Her Device and Barrier Jacket.

And lastly, the case which has the widest diversety of all. Vivio's Device and Barrier Jacket. Her Jacket and Device's appearance are easy for me, sticking with what canon has given us ends us up with her black/purple Jacket which was based of Nanoha's, and her purple/green Device on her hands, which looks like a Device meant to augument her melee abillities, concidering the knuckles.

This only leaves us with the name of the Device. So far I haven't found any clues as to what it is called, and while I have no doubt that the Device is Belkan in origin, its name is a key matter in writing Vivio.

-------

So far my view on what a canon Vivio would be in the future. Any opinions, hints to unknown factors, or corrections are much apreciated.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-25 at 08:18.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 12:53   Link #1782
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Keyblade Devices? I don't think Keyblades inherently strike me as being intelligent devices. As for me, I am a compendium of magic and pseudo-magic knowledge, so while I like KH, I also like Slayers, and a large number of other games and anime. What ideas do you have for them, Keyblade Devices? What of Nobodies, Heartless, and the new race? Will they have appearance?

As well, does that mean you agree with the idea of the new Mid magic being like Wisdom Form? It seems different enough from long range that Mid typically uses.

As for the Velka vs. Mid magic debate, that seems to be a good way to describe it, although it seems simplistic. Plus, what about the Dragon Flash? I don't think it was energy enhanced sword, but I could be wrong, and it was in Serpent Form, so who knows.

Also, someone who likes Slayers. Do you like fighting games? I know a game you would like, especially when it's completed, as it has characters from Nanoha and Slayers in it fighting, with the current demo featuring Lina and Nanoha.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 12:53   Link #1783
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
The clothing style's probably only for the Self-Administered Region. In the immediate vicinity of the Saint Church, it's highly probable that the ones living there have committed themselves to a life of austerity in reverence to the Saint King and (in my personal opinion) a kind of prohibitive regulation against extravagance. Outside the SAR, any other Belkans may wear as they please.
Just like to add on the the SAR doesn't just have the Church alone.

New Antioch's Main Street resembles Crenagan City's equivalent in many ways, and with the rapid progress made by Ordered Space since the Great Apocalpyse, I half-expect a Japan situation in fashion there: rave youngsters and business suits interspearsed with traditional Belka wear.

New Antioch is a fictional city added by me, and is the capital of the Belka SAR, which I mentally combined the likes of Hong Kong, Israel and Vatican City into one package. The Monarch Church sits near the outlying regions of New Antioch, surrounded by a pilgrim town. Hence it is well connected with the rest of the planet, and yet is full of unspoiled greenery.
Old 2008-06-24, 12:56   Link #1784
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Can Vivio copy any spell, or just spells which merely require power output? In other words, can she copy summons?

-

Canon inquiry: what sort of magic and spells have been seen used by civilians not attached to the TSAB, if any? As in, what parts of magic is considered "everyday", rather than something restricted?

In the flashback to the airport fire, Ginga had raised a small barrier to protect a few other people. Is this considered okay, or was she bending the rules for an emergency?
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:02   Link #1785
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I have been spending some time thinkng out Syn now, and I discovered the source of one of the stumbleblocks. As you know, Syn is linked to Vivio, and much of her character progresion and development are linked to Vivio. However, we don't know anything on how Vivio will progress. What will her personallity be? What magic style will she use? How will she use it? What will her device be? What will her goal be when she joins the TSAB? Will she join the TSAB?

So I've comes to ask advice, and give my own analysis of what a 'canon' Vivio would look like. Me being me, this means that instead of going out and invent stuff, I like to stick to the things canon has given us. So lets begin:
*Cracks knuckles* Well I'll take a shot at it.

Quote:

The basics of a character, and arguably one of the easier parts. If we look at StrikerS, we see a girl who is always looking for warmth, always looking for people to care, and be cared about. We also see a very inquisitive girl, who likes to learn, as shown when she watches videos of her mothers lessons. We also know that she is a crybaby, and while I believe that she will grow out of crying about everything, I still think that her quick tears are a part of her personallity. Lastly, during the final episodes, we see a girl who wants to stand on her own legs, and even though she loves her mother, she doesn't want to rely on her for everything, and wants to become strong.
Well how she develops from there is really based on what the author wants her to be. For all we know her personality could take a nose dive, or go out on a limb due to varying circumstances as she grows up. People can change due to drastic and traumatic experiences. Sometimes it's voluntary, while other changes are not.

Quote:

This is where things become harder. While I think her joining the TSAB won't be in much question, the real question becomes 'what will her goals be?' will she follow her mother and become an instructor? Will she follow Hayate and become an investigator? Will she follow Fate and become an Enforcer? Or will she follow Subaru and become a member of the Disaster Managment?

My personal opinion is that she will follow either Fate the Wolkenritter's path. Her experience is similar to Fate and Hayate, in that she was saved by the people who loved her. This could put her down a path that would make her want to keep the things that happened to her happen to other people. Also, since her goal near the end of StrikerS is to 'become strong' rather then 'to teach' being on the investigator/enforcer or combat division path sounds more logical for Vivio.

The question then becomes: Which path? Either way you could make a case for it. As an Investigator/Enforcer, she would be able to seek out and safe people a la Fate, but as a member of the Combat Division, she would have ample oportunity to grow stronger.
It's an interesting argument, but there are other paths she can choose for her to walk. We could also easily claim that she wants to become stronger in other ways than magic. Maybe through a political position, or maybe go through officer school and do something from a desk job.

Quote:

Again a case with much diversity among the fanbase. Some say she goes Belkan, others say she will mimic her mother and go Mid. Me? I like to work with what we have, rather then grab in the air. Canon gives us Belkan magic, a rainbow collored magic collor, a penchant to melee and ranged attacks seemingly going for mid-range

Spoiler:

Now this is interesting, because it means two things: One, Vivio has a biological automated self-defence, which is apparently powerfull enough to trash a truck and several drones (due to a lack of detail lets just say it was a huge magical explosion a la Diabolic Emision) and second, she has the abillity to 'copy' spells. Now this means that as long as she is near someone, she can apparently copy their spells in a way the Yami no Sho could. How much time is needed for her to copy is unknown, but I expect it to be a long-term thing. How much of Nanoha's attacks she has learned is unknown, but it is not unrealistic to assume she has learned and converted all of them. She seems to favor using the Belkan ones, which ties in with the rest of her combat scenes.

The Armor of the Saint King is still subject of debate, even in canon, but as it has been stated by Quattro to require a Relic to be able to be used to full efficiency, dubbing it as her having a powerfull defence potentional seems adequite. It should be at least that much, concidering Quattro said she could survive Dieci's S-rank blast, and it ties with her Belkan style as well.
Well in terms of her Armour, we can operate under the assumption that it will always trigger whenever she's in any real danger, but even then, it would be on a limited basis, since her full powers cannot be activated due to certain conditions not being met, most likely due to her physical age, and the fact she doesn't have a catalyst of some sort to really bring that power to bear.

As for the rest of her magical repertoire, again it is up to the author. Because we could have her more of a defensive fighter who specializes in shields, fields, and barriers like the way I've presently configured Vivio, or we can have her something akin to Subaru in the sense that she's more close-combat oriented, or she can become a Jack-of-all-trades kind of character.

And lastly, the case which has the widest diversety of all. Vivio's Device and Barrier Jacket. Her Jacket and Device's appearance are easy for me, sticking with what canon has given us ends us up with her black/purple Jacket which was based of Nanoha's, and her purple/green Device on her hands, which looks like a Device meant to augument her melee abillities, concidering the knuckles.

This only leaves us with the name of the Device. So far I haven't found any clues as to what it is called, and while I have no doubt that the Device is Belkan in origin, its name is a key matter in writing Vivio.[/QUOTE]

For that, I'll say this: Go wild and have fun with it [within reason of course ].
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:08   Link #1786
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Can Vivio copy any spell, or just spells which merely require power output? In other words, can she copy summons?
Summoning seems to require a affinity of sorts so I'll go with power output.

Point to Keroko: Data Collection and the copying of spells is probably done through observation, as pointed out with the bit of her watching Nanoha's lessons. If so, she's probably that good to figure out how a spell works simply by observation and not the kind of 'place her next to a mage and copy-pasta their spells by standing there'.

And quite the useful notes there. Should be useful in the future.

Quote:
Canon inquiry: what sort of magic and spells have been seen used by civilians not attached to the TSAB, if any? As in, what parts of magic is considered "everyday", rather than something restricted?

In the flashback to the airport fire, Ginga had raised a small barrier to protect a few other people. Is this considered okay, or was she bending the rules for an emergency?
With the TSAB's policy to pull just about every mage into the fold it's hard to say.
I'll say telepathy and spells that move objects to be the baseline. Any where higher is pretty vague.

As for Ginga it's probably ok since she was already a recruit of the GF at that time.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:12   Link #1787
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
If you're asking about Voltair, probably not. I'd imagine high-level summoning techniques would require some kind of contract with the summoned creature, a la Gamabunta. But if you're talking about summoning spells like Alchemic Chain? That's a whole 'nother ball game.

Quote:
Keyblade Devices? I don't think Keyblades inherently strike me as being intelligent devices. As for me, I am a compendium of magic and pseudo-magic knowledge, so while I like KH, I also like Slayers, and a large number of other games and anime. What ideas do you have for them, Keyblade Devices? What of Nobodies, Heartless, and the new race? Will they have appearance?
Ah, that was partially a joke; though if you look at Sleeping Lion, you'll notice it has a revolver built into it... perfect model for a cartridge system. If I were seriously going to do keyblade devices as a part of the Belkan system, I'd have them specialize in translocation magic and teleport spells, along with classic techniques like Ragnarok or Raid Slash.

If the Heartless make appearances in Comacanon, they'll do so in Vivio's era, about five years after StrikerS, as the results of Al-Hazardian experiments in biomagical weapons; spiritual zombies of sorts, rather than beings feeding on peoples hearts. Organization XIII would be advanced heartless who've lasted long enough to regain their intelligence and a great deal of magical power. I actually went ahead and thought this out a while ago, but it got set to the side when I started on Comacanon. There's still a very good chance we'll see the Heartless show up in Comacanon at some point, but for the moment I'm more worried about the Carpathan Syndicate. Odds are good one of the members is also a member of Organization XIII, though.

Quote:
As well, does that mean you agree with the idea of the new Mid magic being like Wisdom Form? It seems different enough from long range that Mid typically uses.
Rapid-fire shooting spells are very possible with the proper specialization, though the elemental diversity wouldn't be quite as easy to do with a typical Mid mage. Iris could easily switch between lightning/ice/fire/wind spells, but she's a special case.

Quote:
Plus, what about the Dragon Flash? I don't think it was energy enhanced sword, but I could be wrong, and it was in Serpent Form, so who knows.
That's true, but it's also a fire-elemental attack, not a purely magical attack like Starlight Breaker or Axel Shooter, and fire techniques are one of Signum's specialties. Even then, the attack is initially focused around Levantine before it is released.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:15   Link #1788
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
She couldn't copy formal summons I imagine (Like Voltaire as mentioned) because you need to form a contract with the thing being summoned. So while she might be capable of copying the spell she couldn't summon anything since no contract existed.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:20   Link #1789
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Well Tormenk pretty much hit the nail on the head I think, along with Comar and kriss.

In terms of learning spells, I say that she'd just observe and then be able to learn the techniques. However, her mastery over them would be dismal considering she would only know how to use them, but not effectively, without practice.

As for summons, it would require most likely a contract of some sorts, considering that it's natural that intelligent creatures would not let themselves be summoned without their expressed permission.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:37   Link #1790
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Hmm, interesting ideas. What I meant with Wisdom Form was more along the lines of how it is meant to function, not necessarily identical to it.

Nobodies are different from Heartless though. Should they not have a different backstory, perhaps victims who survived attacks from the Heartless.

I believe Velkans could be capable of energy, as fire is a form of energy, as is ice, and darkness, or whatever it is Diabolic Emission is.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:50   Link #1791
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Capable, yes, but it's not what they specialize in.

*EDIT*
Also, Diabolic Emission is used by Hayate, who is classified as a Mage Knight and can use both the Mid and the Belka systems with equal proficiency.

As for the Nobodies, I'm at a loss as to explain them. Let's see if I can dig up the details of my old work on the Heartless....

Ahah, don't have my notes, but here's what I posted on my old forums while asking for assistance with this.

Spoiler for Heartless Basics:

The Heartless are akin to a magical virus which seek out and consume spiritual energies, spreading themselves as they do so. Those heartless which survive long enough eventually regain their sentience and can bend the power of darkness into a variety of forms unknown to Mid mages and Belkan knights. The average "evolved" heartless is about A-rank to S-rank, with the most powerful going as high as SS or SSS. Most of these evolved heartless make up Organization XIII, with the mindless predators instinctually following their commands.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-06-24 at 14:05.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:50   Link #1792
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Maybe the Dutch are actually a colony of the Tang?
Problem is the difference in culture. If the Tang are based on China, then we are like polar oposites.

Quote:
Oooo....do want
I can only give a quick stolen edited scan of the end result. Still needs work though:

Spoiler for It took a while before Syn got used to walking around in public with it:

Syn: Are... are these wings really necissary?

Elena:
Yes, they are!

Vivio:
They look adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
It has been known to happen on rare occasions. However, depending on how the story turns out and how well-received Alex is as a character, there exists the possibility of him getting into a love triangle with Subaru and Teana. The most likely situation (assuming this ever becomes overt and acknowledged by both girls) is that Alex will turn them both down rather than choose one girl and break the other girl's heart. Suba/Tea then come to the conclusion that they wouldn't mind sharing if they really had to... of course, this depends greatly on how well-received Alex is. If he's already giving off Marty Stu vibes before the triangle starts up, the odds of this situation actually happening plummet dramatically.
We'll see how it develops first.

Quote:
I'd say she can copy summons, to a certain extent. Summons with a high level of self awareness like Voltaire may be copyable, but whether the summons listen is a whole different story.

Also copying does not equal using. Vivio could freely use devastating magic because she was plugged into the Main Reactor, without it she may have been able to copy a move, but using it is a whole different story.

Basically, the usuall copy limits.

Quote:

At that time Ginga was already a militairy trainee, but all things concidered I'd say that the restrictions are on flight and offensive magic. All forms of supportive magic would be free-use, as supported by Yuuno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Well how she develops from there is really based on what the author wants her to be. For all we know her personality could take a nose dive, or go out on a limb due to varying circumstances as she grows up. People can change due to drastic and traumatic experiences. Sometimes it's voluntary, while other changes are not.
Yes, that's why I prefer to work with what we have instead of make guesses. None of the main cast's personallities took a nose-dive so far, so I don't expect Vivio to do it either.

Quote:
It's an interesting argument, but there are other paths she can choose for her to walk. We could also easily claim that she wants to become stronger in other ways than magic. Maybe through a political position, or maybe go through officer school and do something from a desk job.
In combat centered Nanoha? Flat chance. Remember, I am trying to figure out a Vivio that would be a most likely build for a new season.

Quote:
Well in terms of her Armour, we can operate under the assumption that it will always trigger whenever she's in any real danger, but even then, it would be on a limited basis, since her full powers cannot be activated due to certain conditions not being met, most likely due to her physical age, and the fact she doesn't have a catalyst of some sort to really bring that power to bear.
There are varying triggers, for example, Lutecia didn't seem to have any trouble capturing Vivio, nor did it activate when Jail was messing around. Perhaps her life has to be in real danger before it activates... it is possible that it is supresable too.

Quote:
As for the rest of her magical repertoire, again it is up to the author. Because we could have her more of a defensive fighter who specializes in shields, fields, and barriers like the way I've presently configured Vivio, or we can have her something akin to Subaru in the sense that she's more close-combat oriented, or she can become a Jack-of-all-trades kind of character.
We already have two ranged canon attacks, and a penchant for melee fighting. I think she would make a great Front Attacker, great defence, great offence, and blasting through the thick of things in melee.

Quote:
For that, I'll say this: Go wild and have fun with it [within reason of course ].
I'll have to think on that for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Point to Keroko: Data Collection and the copying of spells is probably done through observation, as pointed out with the bit of her watching Nanoha's lessons. If so, she's probably that good to figure out how a spell works simply by observation and not the kind of 'place her next to a mage and copy-pasta their spells by standing there'.

And quite the useful notes there. Should be useful in the future.
Noted. Still, concidering this happens sub-consiously (she's a 5 year old after all, I don't expect her to consiously figure out what makes a spell tick) its still freakishly scary.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-24 at 14:10.
Old 2008-06-24, 14:34   Link #1793
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Cadia Zwei: *tilts head* .... dare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
EDIT: This is just amazing...

Spoiler for The Bounty Hunter~~~:

I wish Vice could get himself into something like this... Wait.
Yeah, that scene was awesome

Quote:
It's only a personal theory, but Mid has been stated to be the preffered choice due to its versatality.
Yep, I think it was mentioned in the StrikerS manga, but Subaru had a few fellow Belka users in the academy when the classes were seperate from Mid users.

Belka style is only for the hot blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Culture becomes a big issue here. There are just so much more Midchilda than Belka in terms of ethnicity, not the religion. And the thing about Midchilda is that its a "middle" type of combat thinking, equal parts range and melee, which then opens the choice of whether do you want to go more melee (like Fate), or more range (like Vice).

However, I believe that if compared across the same magic ranks, a Belka Knight will outfight a Midchilda mage at melee, and a longer-ranged school will outgun Midchilda at range.

Because the Midchilda school is the middle ground, they are the jacks of all trades, the masters of none, who then win by utility. lolspacemarineslol
Quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
IMO Mid = manipulation Belkan = enhancement.

Which somewhat explains the difficulty in improving range ability on Belkan's side, since the style does narrow that particular "skill tree"(loosely termed") once you start specializing in it.

And to make a Nanoha or Hayate is more difficult than making a Fate, regardless of styles, due to the requirement of suitable inborn traits.
Also very true

Quote:
Mid has been stated to be 'focussed on ranged techniques, and is the primary choice for long-distance and bombardement attacks'

So yes, Mid is indeed the ranged style, however its versatallity allow it to be viable in melee, butif we use Fate as an example, then it is possible that a Mid melee user lacks defensive abillities as oposed to Belkan ones.

Quote:
I'm working on that, actually. I plan Syn to be a Belkan ranged user, combining some of the advantages of Mid with Belkan Reinforcement techniques.
Ohh...sounds nice

Quote:
Deshou? And Signum darn well made it canon too.
...and back when A's ended peopel were going "WTH?! Signum using a bow? "

But now, it comes quite handy...though, I'd love to see Signum fight with Bow form

Quote:
I have been spending some time thinkng out Syn now, and I discovered the source of one of the stumbleblocks. As you know, Syn is linked to Vivio, and much of her character progresion and development are linked to Vivio. However, we don't know anything on how Vivio will progress. What will her personallity be? What magic style will she use? How will she use it? What will her device be? What will her goal be when she joins the TSAB? Will she join the TSAB?

Spoiler:

Now this is interesting, because it means two things: One, Vivio has a biological automated self-defence, which is apparently powerfull enough to trash a truck and several drones (due to a lack of detail lets just say it was a huge magical explosion a la Diabolic Emision) and second, she has the abillity to 'copy' spells. Now this means that as long as she is near someone, she can apparently copy their spells in a way the Yami no Sho could. How much time is needed for her to copy is unknown, but I expect it to be a long-term thing. How much of Nanoha's attacks she has learned is unknown, but it is not unrealistic to assume she has learned and converted all of them. She seems to favor using the Belkan ones, which ties in with the rest of her combat scenes.

This only leaves us with the name of the Device. So far I haven't found any clues as to what it is called, and while I have no doubt that the Device is Belkan in origin, its name is a key matter in writing Vivio.

-------

So far my view on what a canon Vivio would be in the future. Any opinions, hints to unknown factors, or corrections are much apreciated.
Nice
I'm liking Vivio even more

~~~~

Umm...right...nothing to report yet...
Still working on several things at the same time
Maybe I'll post something later, as in...next week?

*warps away*
Old 2008-06-24, 15:00   Link #1794
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
I have been spending some time thinking out Syn now, and I discovered the source of one of the stumbleblocks. As you know, Syn is linked to Vivio, and much of her character progresion and development are linked to Vivio. However, we don't know anything on how Vivio will progress. What will her personallity be? What magic style will she use? How will she use it? What will her device be? What will her goal be when she joins the TSAB? Will she join the TSAB?

Wow....as expected of the forum's #1 Vivio fan

Quote:
As for summons, it would require most likely a contract of some sorts, considering that it's natural that intelligent creatures would not let themselves be summoned without their expressed permission.
While it might be possible to summon without a creature's consent...it would be extremely difficult to create and maintain control of it before it gets pissed and goes after you (like a warlock's Infernal... )

Quote:
Problem is the difference in culture. If the Tang are based on China, then we are like polar oposites.
Uh...long-forgotten colony that evolved into their own culture?

Quote:
I can only give a quick stolen edited scan of the end result. Still needs work though:

Spoiler for It took a while before Syn got used to walking around in public with it:

Syn: Are... are these wings really necissary?

Elena:
Yes, they are!

Vivio:
They look adorable!
CUTE~~!!!

But she looks a bit too...happy in the pic
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:29   Link #1795
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

While it might be possible to summon without a creature's consent...it would be extremely difficult to create and maintain control of it before it gets pissed and goes after you (like a warlock's Infernal... )
You can have a nice incident and drama from a messed up summoning that is not unlike the Shadow arc in Ursula Le Guin's "Wizard of Earthsea".
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 15:33   Link #1796
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Yep, I think it was mentioned in the StrikerS manga, but Subaru had a few fellow Belka users in the academy when the classes were seperate from Mid users.

Belka style is only for the hot blooded
Signum: Hot... blooded?

Zafira:
*sighs*

Shamal:
Oh dear! Hot blood?

Erio: Uhm... what is hot blood?

Quote:
...and back when A's ended peopel were going "WTH?! Signum using a bow? "

But now, it comes quite handy...though, I'd love to see Signum fight with Bow form
Yes, that's one more thing I missed in StrikerS. Imagine the combo with Agito.

Quote:
Nice
I'm liking Vivio even more
WWell, that's a nice bonus.

Quote:
~~~~

Umm...right...nothing to report yet...
Still working on several things at the same time
Maybe I'll post something later, as in...next week?

*warps away*
Low on inspiration/motivation to write?

Quote:
Wow....as expected of the forum's #1 Vivio fan
*puffs chest* E-hem!

Quote:
Uh...long-forgotten colony that evolved into their own culture?

Really
long forgotten colony.

Quote:
CUTE~~!!!

But she looks a bit too...happy in the pic
Actually, that's her going 'What am I doing here? Why am I here?' (notice the aawkward sweatdrop).
Old 2008-06-24, 15:42   Link #1797
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Signum: Hot... blooded?

Zafira:
*sighs*

Shamal:
Oh dear! Hot blood?

Erio: Uhm... what is hot blood?
Let's not also have to explain to them about being GAR

Quote:
Yes, that's one more thing I missed in StrikerS. Imagine the combo with Agito.
Now that would be cool to see

Quote:
*puffs chest* E-hem!
Er...#1 Vivio fan of all time and space?

Quote:
Really long forgotten colony.
Maybe from when the empire was first being started?

Quote:
Actually, that's her going 'What am I doing here? Why am I here?' (notice the aawkward sweatdrop).
You also forgot 'And what the hell am I wearing?'

Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 16:06   Link #1798
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
One Idea I've been having that involves summons is with Crash during the time he's going to get suckered into practice with the Forwards. (And gets run all over the place as the 'Enemy'. No thanks to Nanoha taking a liking to him.)

Essentially, he's been running and fighting the Forwards for upwards of an hour in a mock battle. ("Why did -I- have to be the bad guy?") He somehow manages to corner Caro without Erio or Friedric around. YAY! Things are looking up... well... sort of.

*Crash walks up in his armor and learns over Caro.*

"You know, this probably isn't very fair. Me, in full power armor, against a little kid. Sheesh. How about you surrender so I don't have to do any attacking."

"... VOLTAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!"

*Vwoom... RUMBLE....*

*Crash looks up... and up... and up.... Voltair leans down over him in the same manner he'd just been leaning over Caro but with its arms crossed as if irritated.*

"Okay, I stand corrected... -THAT- is SO not fair."

*Voltair deliberately starts cracking its knuckles.*

[COMMANDER, I SUGGEST A NEW COURSE OF ACTION]

"You mean run right?"

[AFFIRMATIVE!!!]

*Crash Bolts*

"NO ARGUMENT HERE!!!!"

*After Crash is out of sight, Caro turns red, falls over and beats the ground with her fists while Laughing her head off. Voltair chuckles too. (Sounding like rolling thunder.)*
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 20:07   Link #1799
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
No comment on that one, since that's of Kha's doing.
Egged on by Keroko (credit must be given where credit is due) but still nontheless his doing.

Quote:
And you realize that even if you use real life context, a lot of it will still fly over people's heads because not everyone here for one thing watches/reads/looks at news articles so they aren't aware of the world outside of their own, and for another, they aren't as well engrossed into real-life political structure and the what not.

And now secondly despite the fact that yes, the Nanoha storyline is lacking in proper military structure does not mean that the OC should have some sort of strict code that we should be following!

Looking back, I can see that I've been quite harsh to some people, and looking farther back, this place was originally a place where people just go "WTF " because they just read something extremely amusing, or because of the ridiculous amount of backlog, which was filled with random and amusing what not.

However, lately, the nuances of this place, and IRC quite frankly, is starting to take a nose dive.

Although there are additional parties to this issue, you, quite frankly, are spearheading this.

We are not a military.

And that's just in terms of how the environment feels.

In terms of how some people communicate with one another, now that I look at it, it's just deplorable. And I will admit, I am also a part of that deplorable behaviour, which disgusts me further since I liked how OC was when I had first joined it.

And that usually starts, because you keep attacking what people think, say, or do. Every time something looks out of place from real-world context, rather than trying to ask for clarification or a general, polite approach, you almost automatically fly off the handle and attack people's ideas. Although I see the ideas that you wish to convey, it gets so horribly garbled up in your attack that all people see is an aggressor, rather than a helper.

I could go on, but this is already getting a bit long for my tastes, so I will leave it at that.
You know what? I don't have the time to deal with this right now, I'm late for work as it is. I'll be online in 12 hours from now. I'll talk to you then.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 21:05   Link #1800
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
One Idea I've been having that involves summons is with Crash during the time he's going to get suckered into practice with the Forwards. (And gets run all over the place as the 'Enemy'. No thanks to Nanoha taking a liking to him.)

Essentially, he's been running and fighting the Forwards for upwards of an hour in a mock battle. ("Why did -I- have to be the bad guy?") He somehow manages to corner Caro without Erio or Friedric around. YAY! Things are looking up... well... sort of.

*Crash walks up in his armor and learns over Caro.*

"You know, this probably isn't very fair. Me, in full power armor, against a little kid. Sheesh. How about you surrender so I don't have to do any attacking."

"... VOLTAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!"

*Vwoom... RUMBLE....*

*Crash looks up... and up... and up.... Voltair leans down over him in the same manner he'd just been leaning over Caro but with its arms crossed as if irritated.*

"Okay, I stand corrected... -THAT- is SO not fair."

*Voltair deliberately starts cracking its knuckles.*

[COMMANDER, I SUGGEST A NEW COURSE OF ACTION]

"You mean run right?"

[AFFIRMATIVE!!!]

*Crash Bolts*

"NO ARGUMENT HERE!!!!"

*After Crash is out of sight, Caro turns red, falls over and beats the ground with her fists while Laughing her head off. Voltair chuckles too. (Sounding like rolling thunder.)*

LMAO. That was funny. especially the "not so fair " line >w<
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content