5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 8.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 4.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 6.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 11.11%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-17, 23:58   Link #41
Willowwhisp

5/10, mostly because the storyline progress was pretty much non-existent.

Pros:

Naruto's phase of "Come back here you bastard!" has finally come to an end. And no team Gai clone fights, whoo!

Shadow Clone plan, tolerable. I'm glad Kakashi pointed out that the bombs were too stupid to detect between a fake and a real.

I found Deidara's "self-thinking" and facial expressions quite amusing.

I liked the insanity in Sasori's eyes at the end of the episode.

The little feature at the end with Deidara and Sasori discussing Orochimaru (and life) was fairly amusing.

Main cons of course though, storyline progress was at a minimum. 20 minutes of animation and within the Naruto world, approximately 1 minute has passed
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 02:03   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Last Monday, my computer's operating system went broke, therefore, the whole hard disk had to be reformatted and with it I lost all of my files and configurations. Thankfully, the hard disk was unscathed and received my computer as new two days ago. Today, I finished configuring the wireless network card, henceforth, once again I can surf the net from the comfort of my home.

On-topic
I have to agree with that last post, as well as with certain people, whose identities I wish to keep private.

This episode overabused seriously the dialogues discussing about how Sakura came readied with the anti-venom she manufactured from treating Kankuro's case in order to counter Sasori's.

Finally, Kakashi's long-winded explanation about how Deidara being a long-range fighter is the worst match for Naruto, therefore, Naruto needs of Kakashi's support since the Copy Ninja is as well talented in long-ranged attacks.

Too much talk and too little action sunk the episode; no progress for the story department.

At least I liked the following:
1. The soundtrack; definitely a must get in my list.
2. The manner how they animated Deidara's gestures and eyes.
3. Sasori going all psycho.
4. The post-episode segment about Sasori and Deidara discussing why Orochimaru left Akatsuki. If you ask me, both Orochimaru and Sasori held the same affinity for eternity, even though their methods made them a little incompatible among them.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 02:07   Link #43
Cooler1339

Whos the hot chick Naruto was with on the ending clips?
Cooler1339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 06:32   Link #44
ItachiGT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler1339 View Post
Whos the hot chick Naruto was with on the ending clips?
Do you read the manga?

There she does NOT exist.

There will be damn upcoming Naruto-fillers again!

Really really sad.
ItachiGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 09:09   Link #45
Ashlotte
Clockwork

No need to get all flustered Itachi.

The OP and ED are using clips from the upcoming Naruto movie cooler. Even if the story of that does turn out blah i'll be happy that it at least has good animation unlike the anime atm heh.

I guess its sad that I'm such a fan that if they at least animated shippuden with some decent consistency I could forgive any of its other varied shortcomings.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 10:30   Link #46
Ibuki

nice....they're really getting their money out of that Naruto/Kakashi vs Deidara scene....ive seen those same sideways tree trunks things for what...like 6 episodes or something now?

3/10
Ibuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:11   Link #47
Cooler1339

thanks for telling me, Im glad its not fillers like the first guy said lol.
Cooler1339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:30   Link #48
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Sakura says she has two minutes left when she's been talking for 15 minutes. 5/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 15:34   Link #49
maverickudo
Duwah!

Send a message via AIM to maverickudo
i think some people are butchering the "time warp" a little too much as well as the details of the Shippuuden all together. yes the team added a few things to expand the full 22min episode compared to the manga but that's the thing about what they want to do aside from sticking to the manga...adding "on to the storyline" also when i hear people here and my friends alike who don't read the manga ....i guess i do understand how laggy the first 25episodes for Shippuuden have felt. but trust me....i read the manga chapters every week and it has grown far more serious and less "naruto goofy" but that's the thing about accepting these characters growing up. the anime sort of matured. and if you miss that..you can see glimpses of it still but i give u my word!! that this anime will get better. just take it as it is...and enjoy the series :}

oh..and somebody commented about how they finally didn't make sakura look messed up and looks better now? yeah didn't she look like a monkey in the first few episodes? lol
maverickudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 16:53   Link #50
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah this ep had too many damn flashbacks, but for some whateverish reasons I still was fairly entertained by this episode...While the Deidera-Kakashi-Naruto stuff was more of the same it was atleast some DIFFERENT more of the same...I felt like they are building (however slowly) toward showcasing that fight next, but first we have Sasori's puppet form to deal with and honestly we need this fight to end...I've actually enjoyed most of this arc and eventhough I'm no Sakura fan I have tolerated and enjoyed most of her development in this arc, however 4 episodes is enuff for showcasing her...They needed to just end it with this ep for goodness sake...Guess I was a fool to think they'd actually end a 3 minute battle in 22 mins :/...Next ep preview looks pretty good, and when the credits roll hopefully we'll be on to next 7 episode battle^^...

Was gonna give the ep a strong 6, but the little omake episode with Sasori talking about Oro-sama OWNED...Seeing him hop into his puppet go-cart was a nice touch too, enuff to push it to a 7 ranking for me...So while this arc is frustrating as hell there have still been things to gawk over in delight...
Old 2007-08-18, 17:23   Link #51
Meloria

It's just a thought but could Shinppuuden be at its current quality due to a different team working on the current episodes while most of the main team worked on the fourth movie? Unless they have seperate teams for series and movie related stuff, otherwise they could start to pick up now since the movie seems to be complete. Again, just a thought.

For the episode itself, wasn't bad and I don't mind the flow since I have plenty of other stuff to watch anyway. At least the chase scene was much better, and as already mentioned no clone fights was a good idea due to the poor execution in the previous episode. I got used to the "three minute" thing after the DBZ "five minute" situation.
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 19:22   Link #52
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakis View Post
It's just a thought but could Shinppuuden be at its current quality due to a different team working on the current episodes while most of the main team worked on the fourth movie? Unless they have seperate teams for series and movie related stuff, otherwise they could start to pick up now since the movie seems to be complete. Again, just a thought.

For the episode itself, wasn't bad and I don't mind the flow since I have plenty of other stuff to watch anyway. At least the chase scene was much better, and as already mentioned no clone fights was a good idea due to the poor execution in the previous episode. I got used to the "three minute" thing after the DBZ "five minute" situation.
The 4th movie is done and been done for a bit. Just took a bit to be actually released in Japan and where ever. But I also believe there are different teams for movies and such.
Old 2007-08-18, 20:45   Link #53
pbisdaman

Send a message via AIM to pbisdaman
man i hope this finshes quickly i am getting sick of grandma chiyos voice
pbisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 23:43   Link #54
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbisdaman View Post
man i hope this finshes quickly i am getting sick of grandma chiyos voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Yeah this ep had too many damn flashbacks, but for some whateverish reasons I still was fairly entertained by this episode...While the Deidera-Kakashi-Naruto stuff was more of the same it was atleast some DIFFERENT more of the same...I felt like they are building (however slowly) toward showcasing that fight next, but first we have Sasori's puppet form to deal with and honestly we need this fight to end...I've actually enjoyed most of this arc and eventhough I'm no Sakura fan I have tolerated and enjoyed most of her development in this arc, however 4 episodes is enuff for showcasing her...They needed to just end it with this ep for goodness sake...Guess I was a fool to think they'd actually end a 3 minute battle in 22 mins :/...Next ep preview looks pretty good, and when the credits roll hopefully we'll be on to next 7 episode battle^^...
I do hope you still have some extra popcorns =x

That's all I'm gonna say
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 15:28   Link #55
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowwhisp View Post
Shadow Clone plan, tolerable. I'm glad Kakashi pointed out that the bombs were too stupid to detect between a fake and a real
Actually...thats another flaw form the anime team...there is really no way to tell if a kage Bushin is a Kage Bushin.
Old 2007-08-19, 19:00   Link #56
Alca

I thought there was a way to by the chakra levels between the real and the clone.
Alca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 22:52   Link #57
itachi29al

Great episode. For once i like the filler. 10/10. Best shippuden yet. Although next episode looks great. If all goes well the fight wont go on tooo much longer.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 23:09   Link #58
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alca View Post
I thought there was a way to by the chakra levels between the real and the clone.
Nope.. Kagebunshin distribute chakra evenly, even the mighty sharingan fails to tell the difference.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 01:42   Link #59
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

This is my first post, so bear with me...

Overall, I wasn't disappointed with this episode, but I didn't particularly enjoy it either...the time extension is getting to be a bit ridiculous...

It's not just this episode either, it's past Shippuuden episodes as well. If we look at this from a strictly episode by episode standpoint, they could afford the following equation: 1 chapter = 1 episode. At this rate, they're closer to 1 chapter = 3 episodes. We could be well beyond the Sasori/Deidara fights at this point, and into new, more interesting story, without fear of the anime catching up to the manga, but they seem to feel a need to milk the anime for all it's worth, much to my (and apparently others) disappointment.

I did enjoy Sasori revealing his true form, and I was glad that it translated well to the anime. I remember, distinctly, that one of my favorite parts from the manga was him standing on the poison cord/wire that extended from his stomach, and I was glad to see them animate it so well.

Overall, I'm not disappointed with how the anime is going, but I wish they'd speed up the pace of play, so to speak. And on a final note, is anyone else confused and irritated by the fact that Deidara seems to have no left arm in the anime anymore, or did I just miss the part where it was removed/hidden?
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 02:29   Link #60
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
And on a final note, is anyone else confused and irritated by the fact that Deidara seems to have no left arm in the anime anymore, or did I just miss the part where it was removed/hidden?
You did, Gaara crushed his arm with his sand and it was torn off.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote