AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 17:35   Link #221
Terizent
Nonsense!

Somebody just updated the character profiles on Wiki...which are very spoilerific.
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 21:37   Link #222
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Wiki page got updated again with even more spoilers.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 21:41   Link #223
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Dammit curiosity is killing me to go and check out Wiki, but I must stay strong against the evil known as spoilers.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 22:32   Link #224
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Wiki page got updated again with even more spoilers.
Like I said before, the Japanese wiki page has a lot of spoilers, and it seems the English page is about to follow suit.

Oh man... viewers beware!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 22:38   Link #225
Terizent
Nonsense!

Must...resist...urge...to recheck Wiki. Agh, I'll just take a peek.

*comes back with mind shattered* Wha...? Sion did what?
Old 2010-07-13, 22:54   Link #226
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I love spoilers.... if i was excited about this anime, now i am even more... epic and more epic moments
Old 2010-07-13, 23:03   Link #227
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Sounds interesting but I think I'm going to stay away, I have this feeling that Sion would turn out like that twin prince from Guin Saga Remus.
Old 2010-07-13, 23:09   Link #228
Terizent
Nonsense!

But what if the anime doesn't cover that far? Then we'll be left hanging...with only Wiki's spoilers to read. I think I'm going to start praying for a second season starting now. Or maybe after the anime finishes some English company might pick up the light novels and bring it to the US? Or some group like BakaTsuki might translate it at the rate of 3 sentences per month...
Old 2010-07-13, 23:14   Link #229
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
But what if the anime doesn't cover that far? Then we'll be left hanging...with only Wiki's spoilers to read. I think I'm going to start praying for a second season starting now. Or maybe after the anime finishes some English company might pick up the light novels and bring it to the US? Or some group like BakaTsuki might translate it at the rate of 3 sentences per month...
Either way we are probably screwed, unless some dedicated translators come out and do it just like Blewin and his team do translating Chrome Shelled Regios which they do a great job of.
Old 2010-07-14, 00:39   Link #230
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Well, I see this thread's going to be toxic to anyone who wants to avoid spoilers as those "in the know" talk around them with the usual level of success for the rest of the series...

As this looks to be a series where I night actually like being surprised by the plot, I will be taking my leave now. Ja ne...
Old 2010-07-14, 00:47   Link #231
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just picked up this series, and it seems pretty interesting. However....

...it has THE dumbest title I have ever heard.
Old 2010-07-14, 01:51   Link #232
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I just picked up this series, and it seems pretty interesting. However....

...it has THE dumbest title I have ever heard.
thatz what make it great

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 01:53   Link #233
ninja_pintu

Well now I am hoping that they rush the series and cover all 11 volumes, since there probably won't be a second season
Old 2010-07-14, 02:09   Link #234
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
thatz what make it great
ye, epic title is epic! and for more epicness

Spoiler for alpha stigma in action:

lolz, can't wait for that. ep3, right?
Old 2010-07-14, 03:05   Link #235
kujoe
from head to heel

Random observation:

Anybody else think that the Alpha Stigma is kind of like the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception?

Both are vision-based abilities that 'read' or see all sorts of special, hidden information. One enables a person to see the structure of magic and understand relics, while the other makes 'lines of death' of objects and living things perceptible.

I don't know... it's the first thing I thought of after watching the first episode.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 04:11   Link #236
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Anybody else think that the Alpha Stigma is kind of like the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception?
The Death Perception ability was simply a ability to fight mystic stuff, this one is nothing more then a power-up button. We've seen this kind before again and again, there's nothing romantic about it, it's just a plot tool. A lot of authors feel insecure if they don't have a overpowered character in their story; even though they might not do much of anything with it.

And as for the episode, I found it very random and somewhat dull. I don't particularly like the lack of chronological order in this series either; its like a cheap trick to hide the lack of proper story telling, or rather lack of originality in the character back stories. Oh well, I kind of liked the first episode, for its action, so guess might as well wait for this boring part to pass.
Old 2010-07-14, 04:43   Link #237
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Random observation:

Both are vision-based abilities that 'read' or see all sorts of special, hidden information. One enables a person to see the structure of magic and understand relics, while the other makes 'lines of death' of objects and living things perceptible.

I don't know... it's the first thing I thought of after watching the first episode.
GAAAH nooo, don't equate this cliche garbage with Kara no Kyoukai!!!! Shiki is about to knock on your door and kill you!
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 05:02   Link #238
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The Death Perception ability was simply a ability to fight mystic stuff, this one is nothing more then a power-up button. We've seen this kind before again and again, there's nothing romantic about it, it's just a plot tool. A lot of authors feel insecure if they don't have a overpowered character in their story; even though they might not do much of anything with it.

And as for the episode, I found it very random and somewhat dull. I don't particularly like the lack of chronological order in this series either; its like a cheap trick to hide the lack of proper story telling, or rather lack of originality in the character back stories. Oh well, I kind of liked the first episode, for its action, so guess might as well wait for this boring part to pass.
if you found the ep 2 as boring and you like ep 1 more...you probably won;t watch this for a while....cuz this part is more interesting part cuz it is really the start of the series....if you think there eye powers are just design....well your probably blind...cuz thatz the whole plot right there... mysterious eye?....so many question is already in there....like what is it? where it came from.? why does it exist? etc...that what people watch,read cuz they have question! beside all story is like that..even the top 3 are like that OP, bleach, Naruto, even clannad, angel beats everything involve with fantasy like power have that...so if you don't like it don't watch it...!ah mendoksai!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 06:56   Link #239
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
if you found the ep 2 as boring and you like ep 1 more...you probably won;t watch this for a while....cuz this part is more interesting part cuz it is really the start of the series....if you think there eye powers are just design....well your probably blind...cuz thatz the whole plot right there... mysterious eye?....so many question is already in there....like what is it? where it came from.? why does it exist? etc...that what people watch,read cuz they have question! beside all story is like that..even the top 3 are like that OP, bleach, Naruto, even clannad, angel beats everything involve with fantasy like power have that...so if you don't like it don't watch it...!ah mendoksai!
I did not understand a word of what you just said.
Old 2010-07-14, 09:12   Link #240
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I did not understand a word of what you just said.
I am assuming this is not sarcasm and you actually care what he said. Just to fix it up a little.

Quote:
If you find episode 2 boring and you like episode 1 more, you probably won't continue watch this for long since this part (episode 2) is more interesting and is the true start of the series. If you think their eye powers are just design, you are probably missing the point. The whole plot resolves about these powers. (Let's think about it for a minute) mysterious eyes? So many (interesting) questions can be raised about them! What are they? Where they come from?! WHY DO THEY EXIST?!~~~!! etc. These questions are why people watch this series! Besides, a lot of stories such as the "Big Three" shonen series (One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto) have similar plot devices; other similar series are Clannad, Angel Beats, and many others have a fantasy setting. If you don't like the series then don't watch it!~~~!
The paragraph is not that hard to understand and I personally get a bit miffed when not so obvious language barriers hinder discussions since I'm an ESL speaker as well.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen