AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 57.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-16, 18:40   Link #81
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because good luck forcing Accelerator to do anything.
Old 2013-06-16, 18:47   Link #82
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Because good luck forcing Accelerator to do anything.
Lol, except killing slimes, gold slimes, cure slimes, heal slimes, and metal slimes... did I forget king slimes, liquid metal slimes, and ....

(referring to image from previous post)
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 19:08   Link #83
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Preview and Mugino being knocked out are the best things in this episode, Touma appearing at the end was nice.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 19:34   Link #84
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

No one mentioned this... Well I did, but it might have gotten moved or something.

Anyway, when Mikoto was checking her cell-phone after taking down the base, it said that S-Processor laboratories applied for recompensation/rehabilitation under the Civil Rehabiliation Law/Act.

This Law has three benefits:

1. It lowers the money needed to recover the said business/company.

2. It keeps the monetary power out of the people inheriting the company and preventing that from preventing current investors.

3. It avoids paying the supervisors of a project any money.

For anyone else who thinks these are three interesting points please comment away... Does international law apply to AC, or not? And part #3 seems a little harsh if you ask me... was Kites one of the supervisors...?
Old 2013-06-16, 20:40   Link #85
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
No one mentioned this... Well I did, but it might have gotten moved or something.

Anyway, when Mikoto was checking her cell-phone after taking down the base, it said that S-Processor laboratories applied for recompensation/rehabilitation under the Civil Rehabiliation Law/Act.

This Law has three benefits:

1. It lowers the money needed to recover the said business/company.

2. It keeps the monetary power out of the people inheriting the company and preventing that from preventing current investors.

3. It avoids paying the supervisors of a project any money.

For anyone else who thinks these are three interesting points please comment away... Does international law apply to AC, or not? And part #3 seems a little harsh if you ask me... was Kites one of the supervisors...?
I am lost about your statement. I don't recall anime mention about the law. It only mention about bankruptcy.

The bankruptcy law protects the company from creditors. It's not liquidation, where the company is dissolved. The bankruptcy law also impose the financial restriction on the company. The company must show their good will. Technically, the creditors can get by the company and get the money from the company's customers. Due to this factor, other people may not want to do the business with the company. What is the point for bringing out the international business?

If you are interested about the company fiance, you can read Rich Dad, Poor Dad. The book's reviewers said the book talked about how rich people do things. They use the corporation as the tax shield, and they get off clean while the corporation suffers the heavy losses.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 21:02   Link #86
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I am lost about your statement. I don't recall anime mention about the law. It only mention about bankruptcy.

The bankruptcy law protects the company from creditors. It's not liquidation, where the company is dissolved. The bankruptcy law also impose the financial restriction on the company. The company must show their good will. Technically, the creditors can get by the company and get the money from the company's customers. Due to this factor, other people may not want to do the business with the company. What is the point for bringing out the international business?

If you are interested about the company fiance, you can read Rich Dad, Poor Dad. The book's reviewers said the book talked about how rich people do things. They use the corporation as the tax shield, and they get off clean while the corporation suffers the heavy losses.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

However:

When Mikoto was looking at her cell-phone after trying to take out the very last S-processor Laboratory headquarters and she noticed that all of the data was wiped, the english subtitles in both the funimation and the other subtitled releases say that S-Processor filed for bankruptcy under the Civil Rehabiliation Law

This Law/Act functions in the way I said: meaning that the supervisors of the project won't get refunded/paid. A notable aspect of the civil rehabilitation act though is that the company closes but tries to let someone else take up the services/work instead. That's my point anyway.
Old 2013-06-17, 04:24   Link #87
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wait, people here actually knows how Japan laws work?
I expect them to be pretty different from the west...
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 20:05   Link #88
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Most of Japanese law is actually built off Western systems. I believe a combination of the Prussian version (pre-WW2) and American versions (post-WW2). So there's bits of both.

And it's not like discussions about Japanese law (and research into them) have popped up from time to time. We broke down all of the Japanese inheritance laws for Kotoura-san series, for instance.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 22:42   Link #89
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
After the WWII, who do you think help (more like, "told") to write their constitution?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 00:01   Link #90
Haigon

Quote:
Japan uses the Civil law system (the same used in continetal Europe).
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 05:46   Link #91
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Yes, Japanese laws are based on the Napoleon Code.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:03   Link #92
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

How was my message off topic? I said something important from this episode. Only the first part was off-topic.

Anyway, to re-iterate. I said that I thought it was weird that Mugino said: "Just what the hell are the board of directors thinking" when she found out about the project.

That is relevant
Old 2013-06-20, 03:51   Link #93
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Before this post of mine gets deleted, let me get this off my chest:

If my reaction post for the current episode is going to be deleted for being "off-topic", I'd just prefer to not post in the Railgun subforum instead.
The implementation of the spoiler policy in this subforum is so suffocating!

I mean, come on! Most of the posts here get deleted, and mine wasn't even alluding to anything, just an observation about how the plot is handled in Index and Railgun.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:44   Link #94
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I've watched the ep recently. It was great and I hope that they won't put too much Touma (or Index) in Railgun.
Old 2013-06-20, 16:12   Link #95
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
I've watched the ep recently. It was great and I hope that they won't put too much Touma (or Index) in Railgun.
See the OP? Expect Touma. Oh there he is at the end.

The vending machine ate his money. Fukoda~!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 19:25   Link #96
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
...just an observation about how the plot is handled in Index and Railgun.
Comparisons between Index and Railgun can go in the Discussion for Index Viewers thread.

There is a proper thread for every topic, but the numbered episode threads are usually not it. All I ask is that people use the proper thread (or request one if one doesn't exist), because otherwise the conversation derails. There's no point in having a sub-forum with a wide variety of topics if people just lazily post everything in the latest episode thread just because they recently watched the latest episode.
Old 2013-06-21, 00:15   Link #97
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
There is a proper thread for every topic
That just makes it all the more tedious to post. We who are "enlightened" about the light novels have been cursed with the knowledge of the original media that it is very difficult to explain questions from anime-only viewers without mentioning spoiler content. Thus, a dilemma emerges: either to answer without a guarantee that spoilers are given consideration, or to leave it for the anime-only viewers to find out on their own.

Quote:
There's no point in having a sub-forum with a wide variety of topics if people just lazily post everything in the latest episode thread just because they recently watched the latest episode.
There is also no point in having certain threads that are impulsively made and left empty (see Powers, Abilities, and Valuation).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:03   Link #98
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Comparisons between Index and Railgun can go in the Discussion for Index Viewers thread.

There is a proper thread for every topic, but the numbered episode threads are usually not it. All I ask is that people use the proper thread (or request one if one doesn't exist), because otherwise the conversation derails. There's no point in having a sub-forum with a wide variety of topics if people just lazily post everything in the latest episode thread just because they recently watched the latest episode.
More like the conversation is derailed because you intercept it everytime we are having a good+fun discussion ......You have to understand that some topics of conversation are quickly raised and quickly finished after some posts. It's not nescessary to have a new topic for that.

For example: Look at "Anime Design Change for the "Sisters"" thread and "Motivations and Morality" thread or Powers, Abilities, and Valuation thread. Don't you see that those threads are "death" right after the conversation ended or when all questions get answered?

Since those discussions started from the ep. we watched, don't you think it's better to just let us finish it in the episode thread right away? If probelm is [There's no point in having a sub-forum with a wide variety of topics ] then, don't you think that we have too wide variety of topics here?
Old 2013-06-21, 02:09   Link #99
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
We who are "enlightened" about the light novels have been cursed with the knowledge of the original media that it is very difficult to explain questions from anime-only viewers without mentioning spoiler content. Thus, a dilemma emerges: either to answer without a guarantee that spoilers are given consideration, or to leave it for the anime-only viewers to find out on their own.
This is not a dilemma. The answer is ALWAYS leave it for the anime-only viewers to find out on their own. It's not like I haven't been a source material reader before. It's tough keeping your mouth shut, but that's what you do.

Quote:
There is also no point in having certain threads that are impulsively made and left empty (see Powers, Abilities, and Valuation).
I asked if people thought it was worth creating a thread, and some people thought yes. Clearly they thought wrong. I can delete it. It's not a problem.

Edit: I deleted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
For example: Look at "Anime Design Change for the "Sisters"" thread and "Motivations and Morality" thread . Don't you see that those threads are "death" after the conversation ended or when all questions get answered?

Since those discussions started from the ep. we watched, don't you think it's better to just let us finish it in the episode thread right away?
It's not a problem for threads about a certain topic to have a limited life-cycle, because later on down the road someone may want to review the conversation and join in. Having it be buried in the middle of some other episode thread makes it harder to find later on, because you have to remember "what episode was it when we discussed that thing again?" Episode threads are not "weekly threads about Railgun", they're threads to discuss the episode.

Anyway, this thread is even less the place to discuss thread management philosophy, as it's even more off-topic.
Old 2013-06-21, 18:08   Link #100
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
expect allot of touma next episode. i understand some people dislike him but even so their are many rooting for his screen time.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote