AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 06:29   Link #61
endy
aka kami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renania View Post
I read the freakin helptool and still I have no idea how to use Avisynth. I just want to make a AVS file of it, but I have no idea how it works. I installed the exe and read the official page. Yet it is all latin to me.

If someone just could be so nice to tell me, then I'd finally be able to sleep and stop nagging your heads off
Whats not to understand? Just open up notepad, copy+paste the avs text from the manual and edit it so that it has the filename and location of your subs and video, save that as an .avs file instead of the usual .txt, open up the avs file in virtualdub.
endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 02:02   Link #62
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

nevermind I got it
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 17:52   Link #63
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
the website is updated...
Old 2007-04-21, 05:24   Link #64
jesaco

how come?

Hoe come aegisub doesnt support windows 98
jesaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 07:35   Link #65
ender
*yawn*

Because supporting 10 years old OS (that isn't supported by it's manufacturer anymore) is a major PITA?
Old 2007-04-23, 08:30   Link #66
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Trying to make unicode application compatible with platform that doesn't support unicode is not really worth the time, especially such platform is not largely used anymore. That's what I've read not just on aegisub, but many apps nowadays. And aegisub being what it is (handling text), and the environment where it's used (much exposure to multiple languages), unicode is essential, not optional.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 13:12   Link #67
jfs
Aegisub dev

It should technically be possible to make Aegisub work on Win9x platforms by using the Unicows library, but last time we tried it turned out to be more trouble than it's worth, especially since it'll probably only be appreciated by 10-50 users worldwide. This time is much better spent making Aegisub usable on non-Windows platforms. (I'm currently working on making audio playback useful on Linux.)

In short, if you're still using Windows 98 you seriously need to upgrade.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 21:39   Link #68
Fatsobob
Retired
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Fatsobob Send a message via MSN to Fatsobob
I agree with the cross platform being more important. I think it is time to replace sabbu with something more up to date.
Old 2007-04-30, 00:05   Link #69
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is there a way in aegis to set a 2nd font in case the user doesnt have the primary font installed on their computer or can this be done with the mkvmerge or does it have to be manually set in CCCP on the users computer?
Old 2007-04-30, 00:15   Link #70
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

This feature is not supported by the ASS format, therefore, it's beyond Aegisub's power to support it or not. It is also completely irrelevant - you can simply mux the font as an attachment to the Matroska file in mmg, and then it will be displayed regardless of whether the user has it installed or not. Simply drag it over the list in the second tab.

Aegisub has a tool to conveniently collect all fonts used by a script - when it works properly, that is. Blame Windows for not having a way to get a font name from its face name (and GetFontData() only works for certain fonts). Also blame movax.
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 02:40   Link #71
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

has anyone heard of a program called subtitle workshop? is this program compatible with Aegisub? I hope they both save in a compatible format like .ssa or .ass? is there any benefit to use this over Aegis? I have a friend who is going to help me with some type setting but he uses this program.
Old 2007-05-01, 02:49   Link #72
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Short answer is: he's doing it wrong.

See the comparison of ASS/SSA-enabled software here:
http://www.malakith.net/aegiwiki/Sub...are_comparison

Subtitle Workshop is not only horrible by itself, but it also fails horribly at ASS/SSA support. Amongst other things, it strips styles from the file, making it essentially useless for typesetting. It's also not Unicode aware... It might be "fine" for simple editing of srt, or to convert between obscure file formats, but you should never do any serious work - especially not FANSUBBING work on it.
Old 2007-05-11, 17:08   Link #73
Himeko Himura

A quick question.
I have the new Vista OS (yeah, unfortunately...) and I was hoping to be able to use the aegisub program on it for my timing, but I keep getting a few errors.

One says (when I first open the program):
Can't set value of 'HKLM\......\Aegisub\Shell\Open\Command' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

The second is when I try to open an audio file:
AviSynth error: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Program Flies\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\avisynth_c.dll" (c-plugins.avsi, line 1)

Video files don't open at all.

I've installed both AviSynth and and AegiSub over again to see if it was a mix-up in the installing, but they both installed fine (according to the computer).

Hopefully I'll be able to use this program because all other subbing programs hate Vista *sighs*
Himeko Himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 19:23   Link #74
jfs
Aegisub dev

The first error is due to UAC. (Damn Martians.) It's fixed in current pre-release builds, but for older versions you will either have to disable UAC or run Aegisub as administrator.

For the second, I have no clue. Are you on 64 bit Vista? (It shouldn't matter, but you never know.)
It could be due to bad plugins in the Avisynth Plugin autoload folder. (The one called "plugins" under the Avisynth install folder.) Try emptying (move the files to a different folder) that one if there is anything there.

Old 2007-05-12, 00:20   Link #75
el
Slave to the D:

Himeko Himura: for part one of your problem, do the following.

Control Panel > User Account and Family Safety > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on/off. --> change to off, sit through the "warning messages", restart computer.

Do that now to stop that bloody message popping up going "lol administrator" every time you try to wipe your nose.

Last edited by el; 2007-05-12 at 00:23. Reason: Second part was complete bull-crap
el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 02:18   Link #76
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

so we have this raw and I can open it in aegisub but my friend (who is set in his ways) cannot open it in subtitle workshop.

the video is (848x480 x264 30f CQ20 AC3) avc1

i'm guessing he just doesnt have the right codec for playing H264 videos? it's not included in the latest CCCP releases, right? or is subtitleworkshop not able to open x264 videos, but aegisub can?

i'm pretty sure the file is saved as MKV using timestamps, when I open aegisub it tells me loading time stamps. might this be the problem instead of the codec problem? I think I will just beat him with a pillow till he uses Aegisub, w.

on the link above it says Timed text in MKV subtitle workshop, no.
Aegisub it says read only.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-06-13 at 02:29.
Old 2007-06-13, 03:45   Link #77
jfs
Aegisub dev

Technically, any MKV has timestamps since MKV has no true notion of framerate for a file.
If your friend can play the file in a regular media player (MPC, ZP) Subtitle Workshop should also be able to open it, since it (to the best of my knowledge) uses DirectShow for all its video needs.

The "read only" bit for ASS/SSA in MKV and Timed text in MKV in that chart are for reading subtitle tracks directly out of MKV files, not for opening MKV files as video. If you look under the Video Features section instead you'll see a Yes for DirectShow support in Subtitle Workshop. While this is only to the best of our knowledge, it will mean it can (theoretically, remember that some players manage to mess up anyway) open all formats you have the correct DShow filters installed to handle.
My own very quick test showed that Subtitle Workshop opens MKV files with H.264 video properly...

Old 2007-07-09, 15:01   Link #78
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is there anyway to use the karaoke bar to enter end times?

that would be really cool for me, since I prefer lots of lead out time and line linking.

or is there anyway to make the seek bar field bigger under the video?

I would really like to see these kind of features. I'm not really sure how the timing post processor works, though.
Old 2007-07-11, 15:56   Link #79
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

I've installed the last version of the pre-release (rev 1316) of aegis, and it works grate, but I've this error on startup (though I followed the instructions on this link) :

Can someone tells me what's wrong ?

I have another trouble with this pre-build, I cannot see my storaged styles when I launch the soft. I have the folder catalog with the corresponding files into it, but it doesn't appear in the soft :S

And here is a bug/error when I make the timing of an episode with the same pre-release :

Translation : Impossible to stop the process (error 6 : descriptor non valid)

It doesn't do anything actually, but it's a bit annoying when the box appeared every ten minutes without reason (apparently).
OpeTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:57   Link #80
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

For the second error, grab r1411. For the first, I'm not sure what causes it, that's jfs's department.