AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-25, 06:16   Link #121
Dahak86
Classics never age

just wanted to add this =>

Spoiler for BlitzKiss:
Old 2011-02-25, 06:18   Link #122
hoarfrost

As much as I like Charlotte, I hate to say she's going to be a participant in a plot point that I will totally ridicule if/when it happens: The entire school including the student body and administration deciding to forgive her for what basically amounts to espionage and attempted theft of industrial secrets.

But let's cross that bridge when we get there. Today we get more of the steaming pile of goodness that we've come to expect from Infinite Stratos: Decently animated fights (although it looks like that drained the budget from other places) followed by characterization that is seemingly treated as an irritating afterthought, including back stories that appear to have been written in 5 minute brainstorming sessions, Ichika pulling an inexplicable level of skill out of thin air, and character 180's for no good reason. Laura hates Ichika for stupid reasons, Laura changes mind about Ichika for equally stupid reasons. She's a carbon copy of Brit-chan and if past events are any indication (ie: yes they are) she will find herself on the back-burner after all fanservice situations relating to her have been milked dry. Ichika, who was just calling this girl a bitch and a bastard for imitating his sister's combat style, trips flags by pointlessly running into suicidal situations and swearing to protect her, as if this episode needed another dose of inanity. Did everyone in this show with the possible exception of Chifuyu jam markers into their cerebral cortices?

Well, we saw Charlotte in a bath, although the enjoyment of a fine Charlotte is being ruined by her attraction to a lout with gravel for brains.
Old 2011-02-25, 07:12   Link #123
CWW
Lurker

Hahahaha, the last three minutes were comedy gold. Everyone had a shocked expression after Laura stole a kiss except Houki who was like:

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF."

"MORE COMPETITION."

"CANNOT CATCH A BREAK."
Old 2011-02-25, 07:25   Link #124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
As much as I like Charlotte, I hate to say she's going to be a participant in a plot point that I will totally ridicule if/when it happens: The entire school including the student body and administration deciding to forgive her for what basically amounts to espionage and attempted theft of industrial secrets.
I'm pretty sure that point won't even be touched upon in the anime. Everyone is just going to pretend nothing ever happened.

Sadly, now that Laura has officialy entered the competion, I'm afraid Charlotte will take the backseat for a while. I'm already slightly annoyed her reaction to the kiss wasn't shown.
Old 2011-02-25, 07:33   Link #125
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hey well French women aren't exactly selfish about kisses so maybe she just took in her stride.
Old 2011-02-25, 07:37   Link #126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Hey well French women aren't exactly selfish about kisses so maybe she just took in her stride.
Well, Laura certainly frenched it up

...Yeah, I was waiting all day to say that.
Old 2011-02-25, 07:41   Link #127
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure that point won't even be touched upon in the anime. Everyone is just going to pretend nothing ever happened.
That's unfortunately not the only thing they forgot about this series. I guess everything will be packed to the very end (or at best, during the penultimate episode).
Old 2011-02-25, 07:53   Link #128
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, Laura certainly... ...frenched it up
Your post has been... FIXED.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH
Old 2011-02-25, 08:56   Link #129
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
When failure of a man Ichika said the cliche line of: "Trust in me and wait" I just had to face palm. Gonna finish watching the rest of this now.

EDIT:

*After getting to the end, I just spilled my guts laughing at the face Houki made.*
Also my word its driving me crazy how the girls are flinging themselves at this fool. GAH!

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2011-02-25 at 09:11.
Old 2011-02-25, 09:17   Link #130
eiyuu99

A blitzkrieg zungenkuss, Laura certainly knows how to do surprise penetrations.

Charlotte moves to the back in Ep8, as predicted, so Laura may move to the back around Ep 10?
Old 2011-02-25, 09:43   Link #131
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Goddamn, I think I lost too much blood watching this episode.
But this one's very nice, although IMO the pacing is somewhat chaotic

Charlotte kicks ass for sure
Old 2011-02-25, 09:46   Link #132
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Pretty nice episode. Good teamwork from Charlotte and Ichika. Laura was arrogant, and Houki... well, the fact that she isn't a good pilot to start with and she was using a training IS meant she had no chance to begin with in a fight with personal Is's involved. In fact, looking at it from that perspective, her performance wasn't bad.

The final battle with the Valkyrie Trace was rather interesting. It's nice to see that Ichika respects his sister so much that he would pissed off at a copy of her that looks pretty shitty too.

That said, I must commend Houki's combo there. I really do think he does some of it on purpose, you know.

Laura's addition to the harem, considering the fact that she has no social skills at all, it's a logical step. She likes him, therefore he is her husband. Direct thinking. Houki's face was win, though.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-02-25, 10:01   Link #133
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The end of this episode was a huge WTF moment. I knew Laura was destined to fall for Ichika but the way she passionately smooched him out of the blue was simply insane. My jaw literally dropped after that. Truly the best part of the episode, although it was slightly offset by Ichika's unbelievably dorky reaction.

At the start of the battle, when Houki said "Don't forget about me," it felt like she was talking to the author.

Laura's past was mostly fine, I like the child soldier trope a lot, but the reason she has the grudge on Ichika is really weird and implausible. As long as Laura knew Chifuyu, Chifuyu always had a soft spot for Ichika. It was simply moronic for Laura to think that Ichika 'changed' Chifuyu for the worse, since that 'changed' Chifuyu was the only Chifuyu Laura knew.

That was a nice, cute bath scene with Charlotte. Unfortunately, I don't expect much more out of her because the focus will definitely shift to Laura now, and especially that she decided to reveal her gender to the school.

Apparently, the writer thinks that attempted murder is funny and simply romantic. Are Rin and Cecilia even characters anymore? They just seem like mere shadows of their former characterizations, tools for developing the other characters like Chalotte and now Laura. I'm afraid Charlotte will get the same treatment soon. This writing is a disgrace for consistent character development. Even cheaply writing characters off like putting them on a bus is more preferable to this character decay.
Old 2011-02-25, 10:30   Link #134
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

You know if they discover a way to convert denseness into shield energy, Ichika will be invincible.
Old 2011-02-25, 11:29   Link #135
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is it just me or the Valkyrie System and Ichika doing kendo fight are lame? I don't understand why would Ichika being so pissed when something mimicking his sister? Perhaps, he has sister complex as well?

The only best part of this episode is the last 3 minutes. By the way, if Laura didn't block Rin's attack, Ichika should be dead, right? How can Rin being so reckless?
Old 2011-02-25, 11:37   Link #136
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Laura's past was mostly fine, I like the child soldier trope a lot, but the reason she has the grudge on Ichika is really weird and implausible. As long as Laura knew Chifuyu, Chifuyu always had a soft spot for Ichika. It was simply moronic for Laura to think that Ichika 'changed' Chifuyu for the worse, since that 'changed' Chifuyu was the only Chifuyu Laura knew.
This is what confused me. It's because Chifuyu cares for her brother that she can be this strong. And it's because of her brother, going to save him when he was kidnapped, she went to Germany to be an instructor.
I just couldn't understand Laura's hatred towards Ichika.

I've decided there's no point in thinking too much about this series. It's 12 episodes long and they've tried to cram in a giant harem, thus relegating some to just be on screen because they're in the harem.
I have to say though, as long as Ichika doesn't just fall in love with Chifuyu (I will rage) and then they pull out the not-blood-related card (which is just a safety route, I will rage again) then I can say that this was an alright show.
Old 2011-02-25, 11:39   Link #137
zero7090

WTFISTHISCRAP

lame hero wanable who throw a tantrum for nothing
lame i-just-gonna-protect-you-along-with-my-super-harem

awkward character development (Laura) with a total out of the place kiss

Charlotte is the only saviour of this ep. Else i would rate this 1/10
Old 2011-02-25, 12:13   Link #138
TrueKnight

First things first: Skywalker Ichika is awesome, and then:

- very good battle scenes between Laura's team and Ichika's. Teamwork >>> all.
- Ichika's going out with Houki ....absolutely priceless lol wtf.
- Charle... I mean Charlotte... Indeed she's the best for Ichika and totally compatible with him whether battle or skinship.
- Everyone realizing Charles is actually Charlotte and had been sharing room and bath with Ichika - lulz.

Now for the bad part..... Laura suddenly went 180 degree and falling for Ichika, WTF with the kiss. No character development and interaction...lame.

Nevertheless, mad props to our man Ichika for finally getting a complete set. Looking forward for next ep . Man this show is really a guilty pleasure for the season. Harem generic as heck, but completely enjoyable.
Old 2011-02-25, 13:01   Link #139
christinemarie
Crazy One

European Girl didn't get any points this week she is declared eliminated from the Ichika Race.
Japanese Girl lose some reputation after her punch and kick towards Ichika unless he is a masochist aside from being dense.
French Girl reveals her true self to everyone so she can be lovey dovey with Ichika outside the room as well, after obtaining a lot of flags from Ichika.
China Girl plans to kill her boy along with herself.
German Girl plans to use zerg rush and win the game instantly without others interference.

This episode is added on my usb brain, along with other Kana Hanazawa episode favorites from other anime.
Old 2011-02-25, 13:18   Link #140
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Am I reading this right? Did Laura fall for Ichika? Or did tie a rope around him and say, "your mine"? Either way, seems that Laura had a pretty bad crush on Chifu-nee (TOTALLY understandable) and now it's been transfered over to (un)lucky Ichika. I take it that the entire thing with Laura's past and all was expounded upon in another medium so I'll forgive how 'cliche' it was in favore of the 'Blitz Kiss'. XD

One more question, of sorts:
Spoiler for NSFW Laura preview: