Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
2015 summer
2015 Summer!?

Dammit.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 03:18   Link #8582
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

We waited three months for the ending to GuP, we can survive this!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 07:55   Link #8583
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd like more information on what the movie is about. It seems like it is after the finals, so what is up? Or is it before the finals and this is the practise/training match with the other schools to gear up on tactics to use against Black Forest Peak?
Old 2014-11-17, 09:13   Link #8584
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-11-17, 09:50   Link #8585
arkhangelsk

Am I cynical or this the latter revenge for the less than complete success of the PS Vita game? (Its reviews are not too good - though I enjoy it and am actually getting good enough to get As despite diverting my attention to manually take screenshots; which probably means it is way way too easy for the gamers).
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 11:33   Link #8586
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, here is hope they would make either a PS3 or PS4 version of the game after the movies.

The Vita gig came at a time when... I was dead tired with WoT

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 14:13   Link #8587
Marina2

Many books to collect for GuP fans.

Rabbit team's VAs (?)

Old 2014-11-17, 23:26   Link #8588
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Am I cynical or this the latter revenge for the less than complete success of the PS Vita game? (Its reviews are not too good - though I enjoy it and am actually getting good enough to get As despite diverting my attention to manually take screenshots; which probably means it is way way too easy for the gamers).
What?

We know that Mizushima also has his hands full on this season's Shirobako (considering that anime takes months so even produce before the first episode), and they never actually had a solid date set for the GuP movie even when the first PV was released.

Besides, why would the PS Vita game even affect the movie? Game adaptations being affected by the success of their source material is a lot more likely than the opposite.

Old 2014-11-18, 00:09   Link #8589
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What?

We know that Mizushima also has his hands full on this season's Shirobako (considering that anime takes months so even produce before the first episode), and they never actually had a solid date set for the GuP movie even when the first PV was released.

Besides, why would the PS Vita game even affect the movie? Game adaptations being affected by the success of their source material is a lot more likely than the opposite.
My post, you might notice, is right under Lowegear's, which has pictures of the calendar and a preliminary ad for a sim game runnable on Android.
Old 2014-11-18, 03:31   Link #8590
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
My post, you might notice, is right under Lowegear's, which has pictures of the calendar and a preliminary ad for a sim game runnable on Android.
If you notice, I am LoweGear

Also, it would be nice if next time you'd provide an actual context for posts so we don't have to guess based off post timing, since the initial impression I got was that your post was talking about the GuP movie being pushed back.

Old 2014-11-18, 06:57   Link #8591
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you notice, I am LoweGear

Quote:
Also, it would be nice if next time you'd provide an actual context for posts so we don't have to guess based off post timing, since the initial impression I got was that your post was talking about the GuP movie being pushed back.
I thought the context along with the positional placement would have been sufficient, but I was wrong.

For the movie, well, who was really shocked. You can't be a GuP fan if you can't take delays. At least they are making up things to keep us occupied in the meantime.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2014-11-18 at 11:56.
Old 2014-11-18, 22:38   Link #8592
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For those who want to read it raw, Comic Walker has put up the Maginot Side Stories Chapter 1 and 2 online. (Just click the links that says "new", chapter one on the right).

Last edited by LoweGear; 2014-11-18 at 22:55.
Old 2014-11-19, 00:18   Link #8593
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

....is it submersible?
Old 2014-11-19, 00:24   Link #8594
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
....is it submersible?
We know it is, because the reason they are in a sub is because the wine barrels mature faster in a pressurised environment. Maginot school was formed by a Frenchman trying to teach Japanese people how to make grape wine.

EDIT:
It seems the main protagonist is trying to change the Maginot school culture from defensive heavy slow tanks to Napoleon style highly mobile attack forces. I wish her luck. It is easier said than done to change tradition.

EDIT2: Read chapter 1. It seems Saori got stuck as team leader when Nishizumi is not onboard. Saori can't drive, can't shoot and can't load the 7kg shells. So it seems she got the job because the radio operator position is not essential...

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2014-11-19 at 00:45.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 01:51   Link #8595
gaiar33

gaiar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 04:11   Link #8596
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Another question would be, "are those main cannons in scale with the ship, and do they work?"
Old 2014-11-19, 05:03   Link #8597
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Another question would be, "are those main cannons in scale with the ship, and do they work?"
As someone else pointed out, "never mind the cannons, what size are their torpedoes?"

The Torpedo tubes are big enough to fire building-size projectiles.
Old 2014-11-19, 05:06   Link #8598
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As someone else pointed out, "never mind the cannons, what size are their torpedoes?"

The Torpedo tubes are big enough to fire building-size projectiles.
They're not Torpedo tubes, they're submarine pens

Old 2014-11-19, 08:37   Link #8599
gaiar33

update
gaiar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 09:30   Link #8600
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
We know it is, because the reason they are in a sub is because the wine barrels mature faster in a pressurised environment. Maginot school was formed by a Frenchman trying to teach Japanese people how to make grape wine.
It is probably only submersible to just below decks awash - otherwise, the city on top would be flooded, and even decks awash would put the bottom and even midsection hundreds of meters underwater, enough for any pressurized experiments.

Quote:
EDIT:
It seems the main protagonist is trying to change the Maginot school culture from defensive heavy slow tanks to Napoleon style highly mobile attack forces. I wish her luck. It is easier said than done to change tradition.
More critically, it is not likely to work. To change doctrine, you need equipment to go with it and the French equipment they have is really better suited for the "defensive" tactics.

Quote:
EDIT2: Read chapter 1. It seems Saori got stuck as team leader when Nishizumi is not onboard. Saori can't drive, can't shoot and can't load the 7kg shells. So it seems she got the job because the radio operator position is not essential...
And she can't even do that either. She does kind of grow into the position though ... later.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks