AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 40 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-26, 14:38   Link #101
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Wow loved this ep, they built Phele's arrival really well with the constant scenes of her flying towards Yuji and those clips of hands touching each other..

The music this ep has gotten alot better and we see both girls reaffirm their affection for Yuji... It's a shame Shana didn't get to confess properly this ep but damn Phele's entrance rocked....

I do have one question though. What's with all those images of people touching hands and why was it only when that girl touched Yuji's hand that an unrestricted spell was cast and Pheles appeared?
Old 2007-12-26, 14:44   Link #102
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If Ogata is just injured, yes she could be healed.
But if she gets her power of existence drained, then she dies "AKA becomes a torch".
yeah, but pheles made a vow, remember?
Old 2007-12-26, 15:32   Link #103
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
yeah, but pheles made a vow, remember?
Yeah, I remember, so I figure she wouldn't try to drain any existence (besides, she's probably too focused on Yuuji to care about anything else).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-26, 15:46   Link #104
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Do you have something to support this theory or is it just specualtion?
If I had anything to support this theory, it would be considered spoiling and therefore my post would be removed and I would be screwed for the rest of my life. But yeah, the way this anime is trying to detract away from the novels, it's just speculation.
Old 2007-12-26, 16:45   Link #105
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
If I had anything to support this theory, it would be considered spoiling and therefore my post would be removed and I would be screwed for the rest of my life. But yeah, the way this anime is trying to detract away from the novels, it's just speculation.

*Ponders*
Very well I shall be patient and await the outcome. I for one hope you are right because even though she is a secondary character i actually like her. But if it did happen it wold make for more drama.
Old 2007-12-26, 21:55   Link #106
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I really liked this episode. Finally we see both Yoshida and Shana try to open their feelings directly to Yuji. And seeing everyone in their festival costumes was great.
Old 2007-12-27, 07:48   Link #107
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Novels . So you have read them. I am smelling a spoiler . Regardless of what you think the anime will do ( speculating what they will do), well at least they way you did it, could be counted as spoiler. At least could be considered as hint on what is going to happen.

So i can read from your post :

" In novels she dies, but the way anime is trying to detract away from the novels, i am speculating she isnt going to die".

P.S. I have not read the novels but i am just speculating as what you meant by your post. Hopefully she doesnt .
Old 2007-12-27, 16:57   Link #108
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
The music this ep has gotten alot better and we see both girls reaffirm their affection for Yuji... It's a shame Shana didn't get to confess properly this ep but damn Phele's entrance rocked....
Exactly what I thought, looks to be an awesome character. The soundtrack sounds very promising too, as it was for the first season.

I didn't much mind the slow start of the series, but now that I remember the alternative; I'm very glad we're back on track.

The preview for the next episode looked awesome, I can hardly wait.
Old 2007-12-27, 17:41   Link #109
lua thien
Fallen Exile

That must be a long "chain" of hand-touching in order for Pheles to finally appear. *shudders* Almost like a contagious virus of sorts.

Would have been interesting if Margery tried to hit Wilhelmina with the wine bottle when she heard the word "Silver" to show an inkling of her berserk-like rage.

Back in Season 1, this seems like a dumb question but if Hecate had maintained the synchronization, wouldn't that caused Yuji to die in the assimilation? She said something about having absorbed others, so is the synchronization actually fatal?
Old 2007-12-28, 00:39   Link #110
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
yea finally Yoshida and Shana take one step forward
OMG! ITS PHELES *DUH DAH DUUN!
can't wait till next episode when Margery goes beserk
Old 2007-12-28, 11:52   Link #111
newby

Send a message via MSN to newby
just one sentence from me:

shana's very cute in that dorothy outfit!
Old 2007-12-28, 15:00   Link #112
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yeah, I remember, so I figure she wouldn't try to drain any existence (besides, she's probably too focused on Yuuji to care about anything else).
She can always suck some existance form Yuuji. And if any of the girls runs low, Yuuji can do some mana transfers.
Old 2007-12-28, 21:01   Link #113
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Novels . So you have read them. I am smelling a spoiler . Regardless of what you think the anime will do ( speculating what they will do), well at least they way you did it, could be counted as spoiler. At least could be considered as hint on what is going to happen.

So i can read from your post :

" In novels she dies, but the way anime is trying to detract away from the novels, i am speculating she isnt going to die".

P.S. I have not read the novels but i am just speculating as what you meant by your post. Hopefully she doesnt .
How about I PM you what I really meant?
Old 2007-12-29, 07:15   Link #114
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
This episode should get a 7, but because theres shana in Dorothy cosplay... IT GETS A 9.

*Cuddles Self Proclaimed Anime Wife*
Old 2007-12-29, 18:45   Link #115
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I was quite surprised when Shana was about to confess that Yuji stepped a bit back.. Was it because of shock?
Old 2007-12-29, 20:03   Link #116
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Hes surprised probably. Moreover, the way shana confessed was like... Issuing someone a challenge. BUT SHES SO CUTE ^_^.

On a side note, I await the next episode. It certainly looked interesting... Things couldn't probably get worst, well they could with Konoe becoming you know who and his pedophile guardian appears and yeah.
Old 2007-12-29, 21:29   Link #117
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I was quite surprised when Shana was about to confess that Yuji stepped a bit back.. Was it because of shock?
I doubt Yuji knew what was about to follow--Shana's demeanor was so aggressive, beginning with the way she snatched the mike out of the announcer's hand. He probably thought she was going to chew him out or something. If she had been able to finish the confession, after a brief moment of shock, I actually think Yuji would have immediately reciprocated. Of course, that would be too easy, so Pheles had to show up at just that moment.
Old 2007-12-29, 21:35   Link #118
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I doubt Yuji knew what was about to follow--Shana's demeanor was so aggressive, beginning with the way she snatched the mike out of the announcer's hand. He probably thought she was going to chew him out or something. If she had been able to finish the confession, after a brief moment of shock, I actually think Yuji would have immediately reciprocated. Of course, that would be too easy, so Pheles had to show up at just that moment.
Yea, my only grief for this episode is that Shana wasn't able to finish her confession. The situation would turn out both comedic and sweet if she did... Not very fair for Shana since Yoshida finish what she said, too.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-12-29, 21:45   Link #119
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Yea, my only grief for this episode is that Shana wasn't able to finish her confession. The situation would turn out both comedic and sweet if she did... Not very fair for Shana since Yoshida finish what she said, too.
May not be very fair, but that doesn't really matter. We all know Yoshida has no chance of ending up with Yuji. Even if she did beat out Shana for Yuji's heart (an idea which I find hilariously improbable), there would still be the whole issue of Yuji = immortal, Yoshida = Not. So I say let her have her moment in the spotlight, as her efforts will be fruitless in the end.
Old 2007-12-29, 21:51   Link #120
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
May not be very fair, but that doesn't really matter. We all know Yoshida has no chance of ending up with Yuji. Even if she did beat out Shana for Yuji's heart (an idea which I find hilariously improbable), there would still be the whole issue of Yuji = immortal, Yoshida = Not. So I say let her have her moment in the spotlight, as her efforts will be fruitless in the end.
Yep, Yoshida has ZERO chance, despite the fact that her sweet easygoing demeanor actually fits Yuji better in some ways (disregarding the whole immortality issue). The scene where Yoshida asked if she could wait for him--not a good sign in the first place for her prospects--ended with Yuji looking like a nice guy trying to figure out how to tell a love-struck friend he had no romantic feelings for her without breaking her heart. He got saved by the PA announcement.
Closed Thread