AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-05, 20:19   Link #61
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
This is an interesting way to compensate for not having enough airing time on TV to animate an additional and not leave the season on a cliffhanger. It's exactly like Bakemonogatari's approach.
Except that Bakemonogatari didn't branch.

As someone following the novels though, I thought that having Kirino just go off somewhere would be an excellent (if annoying for anime only fans) cliffhanger.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-12-05, 21:30   Link #62
Undertaker

And Bakemonogatari is technically a two volume worth of short stories.

With the pace of episode 10, it does seem like the series would end with v4 cliffhanger unless they purposely cut that end off and leave the series with Kyosuke and Kirino playing v4 eroge together but before Kyosuke noticed Kirino was gone.

On the other hand, I recently read a news in a Chinese forum that Oreimo DVD/BD is schedule to release 8 dics.

This raises some interesting questions, usually 1-cour series usually been 12 episode +1 or 2 sp for 6-7 discs, with 8 that means that there are 15-16 episodes. With 1-cour been 12 that mean they might go with Bake's format with at least 2-3 more episode either online or as DVD/BD specials which would give them enough to cover v5 and Kirino departure.
Old 2010-12-05, 21:50   Link #63
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
On the other hand, I recently read a news in a Chinese forum that Oreimo DVD/BD is schedule to release 8 dics.
It's on the official site now.

http://www.oreimo-anime.com/package/index.html

Basically Vol. 6 will be Episode 11 and 12. Vol. 7 and 8 will contains 2 episodes each. Online special like Bakamonogatari?

Don't care though, if that's mean more Kuroneko (Vol. 5...).

EDIT: Just read this off a Japanese site...
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51614657.html

It'll go like this:
TV Ep 11 -> TV Ep 12 ("Good End")
-> Net Ep 12 -> Net Ep 13 -> Net Ep 14 -> Net Ep 15 (True End, follows novel)

Which explain the 8 volumes...
Vol. 6 - TV Ep 11 & 12
Vol. 7 - Net Ep 12 & 13
Vol. 8 - Net Ep 14 & 15

So, my speculation:
TV ep 12 - Well, no clue other than that it'll be original. Incest end? XD.
Net ep 12 - Kirino goes to US (Vol. 4, Ch. 4)
Net ep 13-15 - Vol. 5 stuff

Thus no cliffhanger either way. Hopefully there would still be a season 2, though, covering Vol. 6-? (10?). Since Oreimo popularity is fairly high, and it's not by KyoAni (Well, they did have a 2nd "season" for Haruhi after 3 years...but still no Lucky Star 2nd season...then there's also K-On!!, though...), the chance are fairly high, although it'll probably not be anytime soon...(In a year maybe...).

Either way, more methods to squeeze money out of people...novel fan like me gets more Kuroneko, while TV only viewer would not be leave in saying "huh?".

Last edited by ion475; 2010-12-05 at 22:28.
Old 2010-12-05, 22:25   Link #64
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
To add to this, I think the TV broadcast of episode 12 will be an anime-original ending where Kyousuke stops Kirino from leaving for America while the online broadcast episodes will cover the LN canon material from volume 5, with Kirino leaving for America and Kyousuke going off to stop her after some development with Kuroneko. Basically, at the end of episode 11 Kirino will tell Kyousuke that she is going to America and from there the two endings branch. In the TV broadcast of episode 12, Kyousuke will decide to stop Kirino from leaving for America, thus leading to a "Good End", while the online broadcast that starts with the alternative episode 12 will have the beginning of volume 5, where Kirino is already gone and Kuroneko has become a first year at Kyousuke's high school, and animates the events of vol 5 from there, thus the "True End".

This is an interesting way to compensate for not having enough airing time on TV to animate an additional and not leave the season on a cliffhanger. It's exactly like Bakemonogatari's approach.
I agree with you there akllthough leaving to america will porb happen in episode 12, so maybe both epos 12 would be almost the same but one he stops her and another he doesnt then ep13-15 online will be all of volume 5.
Old 2010-12-07, 12:44   Link #65
revive4563

Well...incest end isn't suitable for on air.

I think "good end" of TV series that producer mentioned is a warm siblings love end.

If incest end is "good end", they are actually challenger.

And DVD, BD contains H scenes as added value for sales.

Therefore maybe alternative "true end" IS incest end.
Old 2010-12-07, 13:01   Link #66
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Therefore maybe alternative "true end" IS incest end.
The "true end" has been confirm to follow the novel path. They basically HAVE to make an original end b/c of the 1 cour constraint, mainly due to the cliffhanger at end of Vol. 4 and there's no way they can adapt 5 volumes in 12 episodes without rushing even worse than now...

Vol. 5 wrap up the cliffhanger of Vol. 4 while not having a big cliffhanger itself (Well, compare to Vol. 3, 4, 6 and 7...).

The "good end" would be Kirino end (Vol. 4 is what I consider "normal end" to Kirino route anyway...so anime can certainly branch off from there, having Kyousuke finally becoming a true siscon ).

Alternatively, maybe they'll finally explain why Kyousuke and Kirino became distant in the first place...
Old 2010-12-07, 14:17   Link #67
matrigs

kind of frightening how many people REALLY hope for/believe in an incest ending.

my guess is that (as mentioned before) ep 12.1 and 12.2 will be very similar with the good ending getting "good" in the last few seconds of the episode so that the "baw-factor" will be present without the need to think of any new original scenes. 12.2 of course resulting in kirino leaving and thus starting volume 5 of the ln.

i don't really have high hopes in this anymore after the really bad ep8 and the squandered ep9.
Old 2010-12-08, 03:19   Link #68
passin'gass
Cropduster

My pet speculation:
good end = anime original Kirino Heel Face Turn, farewell party, ending montage of life-goes-on (Kirino sports success, KyosukeX_______, etc)

true end= same as novel, enter Ruri, anime original kiss/confession(not on the cheek!), Kyosuke goes to collect Kirino, reunion, catharisis, acceptance.

sorry for the short summary, the long version got eaten up by the internetz
Old 2010-12-09, 03:51   Link #69
Flere821
Lurker

What's this about diverging paths? I've read the LNs (in Chinese) and it's pretty much one route IMO...

Though I have to admit I'm SHOCKED that currently Kyousuke has basically admitted in Vol7 he cares deeply about Kirino (going as far as nearly getting in a fight with her 'boyfriend' (long story)) - then half a chapter later he accepted Kuroneko's confession and the novel ends with the two of them going out as a couple.
Old 2010-12-10, 10:12   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Apparently if one gives their sister a hug and express deep affection for her --- somewhere someone is going to assume you are physically attracted to her and want to sleep with her..... o.O

Bzzzzt. Thanks for playing?

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-12-10 at 19:48.
Old 2010-12-10, 13:11   Link #71
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
What's this about diverging paths? I've read the LNs (in Chinese) and it's pretty much one route IMO...
It's call original story...you really think they can't come up with an alternate ending other than moving into Kuroneko route like the novel?
Old 2010-12-12, 21:18   Link #72
Undertaker

I agree, it currently looks like to me that episode 12-a is most likely be a "life goes on" end while episode 12.b-15 will follow LN and end with V5.

I don't get it on why people would keep thinking this to be a incest story with incest end either...

I admit that the title does sound like an adult fiction (in fact that the original reason why I didn't pick up the novel back when I was in taiwan until hearing about the overwhelming praise on the series was because of the name, though I assume the LN.) But the content obviously doesn't swing that way not to mention this is an ALL AGE TITLE with fans as young as in elementary school.

Not that I'm opposing adult materials, but that's not make assumptions that you know is not going to happen. If your looking for adult material try google and bittorrent, they are your best friends. I can even make suggestions if people are really that inept.
Old 2010-12-13, 18:55   Link #73
chaosprophet

I was wondering if maybe they won't do the opposite. TV ep 12 will be the novel one, and then if they do a second season they follow it. While ep 12-15 would be their original one. If they want to give their own original end, using only one episode would be strange as there isn't much you can do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I agree, it currently looks like to me that episode 12-a is most likely be a "life goes on" end while episode 12.b-15 will follow LN and end with V5.

I don't get it on why people would keep thinking this to be a incest story with incest end either...

I admit that the title does sound like an adult fiction (in fact that the original reason why I didn't pick up the novel back when I was in taiwan until hearing about the overwhelming praise on the series was because of the name, though I assume the LN.) But the content obviously doesn't swing that way not to mention this is an ALL AGE TITLE with fans as young as in elementary school.

Not that I'm opposing adult materials, but that's not make assumptions that you know is not going to happen. If your looking for adult material try google and bittorrent, they are your best friends. I can even make suggestions if people are really that inept.
But even with that label it is a story that shows minors playing underage games, reading ero doujins, creating stories with rape and sex slaves plus its incest theme isn't new, at least in the form of the games kirino plays or an usual theme regarding the Akagi simblings.
Old 2010-12-13, 19:18   Link #74
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I was wondering if maybe they won't do the opposite. TV ep 12 will be the novel one, and then if they do a second season they follow it. While ep 12-15 would be their original one. If they want to give their own original end, using only one episode would be strange as there isn't much you can do with it.
I really don't think the TV ep 12 will follow the novel, if only because of the name. I mean, while some of the audience may want Kirino gone, I don't see how her going away would be considered the "good end." They don't need to do much to end the TV broadcast in my opinion either. I think they could end it open enough so that if a season 2 came around, viewers of both can go into it easily, too.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:20   Link #75
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
I really don't think the TV ep 12 will follow the novel, if only because of the name. I mean, while some of the audience may want Kirino gone, I don't see how her going away would be considered the "good end." They don't need to do much to end the TV broadcast in my opinion either. I think they could end it open enough so that if a season 2 came around, viewers of both can go into it easily, too.
Well the last episode title means her last counseling which can imply what comes after in the novel. If we also got the for the other ep 12 would be easier to figure out. The "Good End" can also be an paralell with the novel Kirino played in ep 9, as that girl good end was she going away.

Also in a way I think as the other 4 episodes will diverge from the tv, the TV end feels more like an official one for a posible sequel where the extras feels more like, an extra lol.

Anyway it can be both, and we only need to wait one week to discover it after all... but I can't help wondering as I really love this series! :P
Old 2010-12-19, 23:19   Link #76
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post

But even with that label it is a story that shows minors playing underage games, reading ero doujins, creating stories with rape and sex slaves plus its incest theme isn't new, at least in the form of the games kirino plays or an usual theme regarding the Akagi simblings.
Yeah, but still, that isn't against the law and they are still kept hidden at acceptable level.

Even light novel like 9s haven't shown any incest relationship, and Legend of Legendary Heroes only have a quick mention.
Old 2010-12-20, 01:00   Link #77
potchip

True, actual incest will not happen, but what do you call affection between bro-sis that prevent either from getting a gf/bf, despite no coupling? Is an exclusive relationship illegal? I think not, but that's not normal sibling love either.

Vol 7's ending is just the same cliffhanger as vol 6, and we all know what that was all about. The new gag is now the rivalry between K squared. Harem show incoming.
Old 2010-12-20, 01:27   Link #78
Undertaker

Kyosuke didn't oppse Kirino from having boyfriend. His problem is that her boyfriend needs to be worthy of her of he and his dad can approve it. There's no problem with that, especially in a more traditional Asian household. Compare to that the Akagi sibling is more up to debate.....
Old 2010-12-20, 01:34   Link #79
potchip

Kirino's fake boyfriend >>> Kyousuke in everyway (that is, winner in life!). The relevation he's only into 2D comes after. Kyousuke and Daisuke basically agreed that "No" is the answer and no reason is required!. They acted like kids in the situation, just like how Kirino acted like a kid and made Kuroneko angry. It runs in the family.
Old 2010-12-20, 01:53   Link #80
Undertaker

You are looking at end result and not the reason behind. Kyosuke and his did's conversation before that shows that. By worthy, it doesn't necessary mean wealth or status. The point there are that Kyosuke and his dad are both stereotypes. People like Daisuke are mostly viewed as playboys and they are not convince that Daisuke is really commit to the relation.

It was clear from the part when Kyosuke punched Daisuke. He didn't said don't date Kirino, he just won't accept it until Daisuke can prove to him that he cares more about Kirino than Kyosuke himeself. That's still fairly common to traditional Asian family.