AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-04, 12:23   Link #1201
Zefyris
図書館狼

Well there's two full series (one between each) in between ahead and horizon and city so everything can happen but yeah, while I haven't read CITY, judging by the synopsis, it seems like they ascend to fall and then strive to get back to where they were... although, city setting looks a bit like horizon, as they somehow are recreating past settings (20th century in that case) with alterations.

BTW, did someone read the Girls Talk: Ookami to Tamashii side story that published a few weeks ago yet? I was wondering if this volume, which is supposed to be about several girls talking to what happened to mitotsudaira 3 years earlier is happening during the summer vacation (talking about the girl's talk happening during summer vacation, and not the event 3 years earlier)?

Last edited by Zefyris; 2014-12-04 at 13:50.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 16:22   Link #1202
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Spoiler for spoiler volume 7-C:
Ah so that's where things stand as of now then, thanks for clarifying that.

I don't think much of anyone here would have read the recently released side story. Though you never know about certain/various lurkers.

On another note, since you are up to date on the main novels, I'm going to assume you may aim to read those mini novels that were released as BD extras sometime in the future too?
Old 2014-12-05, 04:08   Link #1203
Zefyris
図書館狼

Well you never know; I'm sure I'm nt the only one up to date with the main series around here. For example, Cosmic Eagle looks like he's up to date or almost as well from what he wrote, so ~.

I don't really aim at it because I don't have any means to get them. Mini stories part of BD LE for LN series adaptation are a hard thing to get (or very expensive to gather them if not hard...). I like the play on word of the titles of those short stories, though. I wonder if the author named Asama and Kimi like that just to make that joke for the name of their band during the series ^^". Anyway, that kind of band's name is really something Kimi would come up with x).
Old 2014-12-05, 06:02   Link #1204
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I am only at vol 6 let alone the new side volume

I am as behind as everyone else lol....barely have the time to do all the stuff I want to do. Haven't even read CITY even though it's on my shelf
Old 2014-12-05, 15:29   Link #1205
Zefyris
図書館狼

If by being at the 6th volume you mean that you read the 6-C, this mean that you're only missing the volume published this year, I wouldn't call that behind x).

You have all the city volumes? i looked earlier if there was way to buy them and most of them seems to be out of stock permanently (well, those books are quite old compared to most LN available on online store nowadays...). How long as it been since you bought them?
Old 2014-12-17, 08:02   Link #1206
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW....

OBSTACLE Series CONFIRMED

https://twitter.com/kawakamiminoru/s...45630611374080

There were always rough notes on OBSTACLE in Kawakami's works but as far as I know, this is the first time a full blown manga/LN treatment is being given to it
Old 2014-12-17, 08:06   Link #1207
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
If by being at the 6th volume you mean that you read the 6-C, this mean that you're only missing the volume published this year, I wouldn't call that behind x).

You have all the city volumes? i looked earlier if there was way to buy them and most of them seems to be out of stock permanently (well, those books are quite old compared to most LN available on online store nowadays...). How long as it been since you bought them?
I am at like...1/3 of 6A lol...

Yes I do. I....actually got them in raw scan format from someone else here lol....Then I printed and bound them by volume

Not too sure whether CITY series still exist or not....maybe certain Book Off outlets in Japan might have them seeing how I bought AHEAD series from there. Even Chronicle is rare these days outside of Japan

BTW, have you read the FORTH books yet? How do they tie in with the rest?

It does not seem to be from the early Concept War period but is it before the Osaka Battle?

I would assume the period of the Leviathan Road is considered part of the AHEAD era....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2014-12-17 at 10:04.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 17:42   Link #1208
Zefyris
図書館狼

I see. I didn't enjoy the 6th as much as most of the other arcs, mostly because I was expecting something far bigger than the result. But outside of the specific disappointment, it was good.

You... Actually PRINTED them? xD If you ever have the time to upload a pic of the result, I'm really curious of what it looks like.

I haven't read FORTH, and haven't read OnC either (bought the whole series on amazon a few days ago, with no problems btw, alongside with the ookami to tamashii SS), I will start OnC in one month or two.

From the comments I've read about FORTH, this has absolutely no link so far. Rensha-Ou was just a story in two volumes happening in the normal world in around ~1970 I think, like it was a completely independent story.
Old 2014-12-17, 21:33   Link #1209
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I see. I didn't enjoy the 6th as much as most of the other arcs, mostly because I was expecting something far bigger than the result. But outside of the specific disappointment, it was good.

You... Actually PRINTED them? xD If you ever have the time to upload a pic of the result, I'm really curious of what it looks like.

I haven't read FORTH, and haven't read OnC either (bought the whole series on amazon a few days ago, with no problems btw, alongside with the ookami to tamashii SS), I will start OnC in one month or two.

From the comments I've read about FORTH, this has absolutely no link so far. Rensha-Ou was just a story in two volumes happening in the normal world in around ~1970 I think, like it was a completely independent story.
Chronicle is much much more easy to read than Horizon because it doesn't beat around the bush that much and goes directly to the point. It is also much shorter in length and being set in the early 2000s, the setting is much easier to grasp. Horizon is pretty much the worlds of Chronicle turned up like 100000x

I see.....as expected. It would seem then that essentially the start of Kawakami-verse begins with AHEAD when the Concept War broke out.

I really am excited to see how Hexen Nacht turns out....would OBSTACLE series be as long as Horizon for one seing how OBSTACLE is one of the major turning points besides AHEAD.

Lol it's essentially a bunch of pages stapled together like a school exam paper XDD

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2015-01-12 at 20:44.
Old 2014-12-26, 17:46   Link #1210
Zefyris
図書館狼

Well yes I noticed the whole thing was far shorter... x). Around 7k pages (including 1k page for the 14th volume alone) for the finished OnC series, against 15k pages for the running KyouHora ^^".

Maybe kawakami will write something related to OnC among future FORTH volumes though. I would like to see that age being linked to the whole thing in a way or another before the end~

Yes, Obstacle could be quite interesting. I'm not sure I'm happy about it being a manga first, though.

-> that must be quite bigger than any existing school exam paper though x).
Old 2014-12-29, 07:29   Link #1211
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

OBSTACLE manga first chapter is out

https://twitter.com/kawakamiminoru/s...688580096?s=04

Well, I think to date, the last volume of OnC is the thickest of his works.

Horizon 4C may be thicker though, need to check.

Not exactly....CITY series are of reasonable length. He really only went nuts on the book lengths from the latter parts of Chronicle onwards
Old 2014-12-29, 12:36   Link #1212
Zefyris
図書館狼

Interesting...
Yes, I know they aren't as big, but that's still a whole book to print.

Thickest is KyouHora 2B (1150). OnC 7(1090 IIRC) comes second though. after that, it's KyouHora 6C (1060), 7C(1016), 5B(1000), then 4C (990 pages).
BTW, it's more or less the overall LN ranking (and not just Kawakami's) for thickest book as well. I think Kawakami's books pretty much make the whole top 10 thickest LN by themselves.
Old 2015-01-12, 11:19   Link #1213
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finished reading chap 1 of Hexen Nacht

I must say what a major difference exists between OBSTACLE and GENESIS eras.

OBSTACLE world is a post apocalyptic version of current era Earth (at least architecture wise) with the major difference of course being the existence of Kawakami verse's magic Concepts and powers.

Compare with GENESIS where the planet is totally ravaged or regenerated and pristine except for Japan and no present day cities exist.

It really makes one wonder how GENESIS proceeds into OBSTACLE....It's like they managed to remake present era world (with all the powers granted by the AHEAD era Concepts of course so quite similar to the AHEAD world)....

Anyway, the central plot is the event every 10 years known as Hexen Nacht in which the magic users of the world fight against the Black Witch...an entity that resides in the Moon. These battles are the cause of the world's devastated state.
Old 2015-01-19, 17:26   Link #1214
Zefyris
図書館狼

You know, some well conserved ruins like Tokyo still exists in KyouHora. They are mostly locked through, as in people aren't allowed to search through it for ancient technology or to live in it.

Interesting info.

BTW, Katou Kiyomasa makes it to the cover for the 8-A. Was completel ywrong when i tried to guess who would make it~
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-869255-7/
Oh, and according to that same link, it's finally the Honnouji no Hen. This is going to be a very, very important arc for the series.
Surprised by the fact that they are replenishing at Shikoku though. I though Shikoku was Australia, and was more or like without anyone living on it right now, outside of temporary training camps in harsh environments for countries' elite fighters, and the like.
Old 2015-01-21, 01:06   Link #1215
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ooh...missed that. I had the impression that destroyed areas with warped physics like Oushuu were the norm globally.

Could be that the conclusion would have everyone at one of these lost cities then, like with Babel during Chronicle.

And it's about time Nobunaga finally showed up...the build up for this arc has got to be one of the longest ever (3 900 page or so volumes nearly wat lol)
Old 2015-01-21, 02:28   Link #1216
Zefyris
図書館狼

well there's even that huge bridge of like 20 km long which is still intact. I think that's a very old ruin as well.

I started reading OnC lately, and I would say that if anything has a similar role as Babel, that would be the Emperor's palace. it's closed since a very very long time, and is supposed to have no influence on the current events, but it's very suspicious I think. For starters, I always wondered how could they "lose" the tools necessary to maintain the alternative japan like this? Something is wrong with that place, and the fact that Musashi has the Emperor's son on board is definitely not going to be for nothing afterward.
Old 2015-01-21, 08:46   Link #1217
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

True enough..... If anything the events that are similarly paralleled to Babel's true role might be the Kami Kakushi events, especially that of the Princess....

It's also a question mark how the Harmonic World actually fell. It smacks too much of the system created from Babel in Chronicle's end coming apart due to some fatal flaw....

BTW, Techno Hexen style powers, in the vein of Brynhilde, Diana, Siegfried, Malga and Margot etc are the primary abilities in OBSTACLE era. What happened to everyone else, like the mechanical dragons, gods of war, ghosts etc is still unknown

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2015-01-21 at 10:15.
Old 2015-01-21, 12:26   Link #1218
Zefyris
図書館狼

Well, I only finished the volumes 1A and 1B from OnC so far so can't say a lot on Babel. Still, this strikes me as similar to the Emperor's palace in KyouHora in several ways.

For OBSTACLE, maybe it's just the land they live in (like the fact that the witches were mainly from MHRR in KyouHora)

But I would guess that the harmonic world falling wasn't an accident, and that therefore, that "necessary control tools were lost" explanation is merely a lie to cover the real involvement of the Emperor's palace in what happened.
Old 2015-01-21, 23:40   Link #1219
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

No...definitely not an accident.

It mirrors a lot what happened in OnC with the lost generation of UCAT
Old 2015-02-01, 06:56   Link #1220
Zefyris
図書館狼

Yes I've read a bit more on that with the 2A and 2B of Owari no Chronicle this week. Sounds a bit similar indeed, except that in OnC it's very obvious that something is carefully hidden here as the author and the characters keep reminding us about it; whereas in KyouHora this is something that isn't talked a lot so far. Even though the fall of the harmonic state was related at the beginning of the first volume, for 15k pages, most characters don't seem to arbor any doubt toward that "accident".

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen