AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-05-26, 01:58   Link #201
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I am still waiting for any signs about the kage meeting. Shikamaru might have to deal yet again with more troublesome women of the Cloud . Temari might get some more competition.

Also things such as Naruto x Hinata future and the rebuilding of Konoha are more interesting to me so far then Nagato's future or Danzou's.
You think the women of the cloud will be more troublesome?

And besides, I still doubt Hachibi would be a good teacher. Well, maybe he is, but on the other hand, I don't think he feels like wanting to train a Jinchuuriki.
Old 2009-05-26, 02:32   Link #202
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
And besides, I still doubt Hachibi would be a good teacher. Well, maybe he is, but on the other hand, I don't think he feels like wanting to train a Jinchuuriki.
Once he hears Naruto's "That's my ninja way" speech he'll have a change of heart and decide to train him.
Old 2009-05-26, 06:11   Link #203
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Once he hears Naruto's "That's my ninja way" speech he'll have a change of heart and decide to train him.
At least that sounds better than enka music
Old 2009-05-26, 11:07   Link #204
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
This arc has been really disapointing to me, it makes me want to drop the manga.
Well have a good time then! I sure as hell am not stopping... its getting good now
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 11:40   Link #205
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Paine's childhood sob story was annoying. That much is true. Ugh horrible is more like it.

The part about him giving Jiraiya the idea for the book was a master stroke though. In effect, Naruto is following Paine's own words. Jiraiya just jotted them down in the book.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 11:55   Link #206
Gamma_Sennin

^^Jiraiya that plagiarist... Going around stealing little kids ideas and writing books... I wonder if Nagato can claim the royalties made from the legend of the gutsy ninja... all 3 copies worth!
Old 2009-05-26, 12:48   Link #207
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
This arc has been really disapointing to me, it makes me want to drop the manga.
Wow, really? This has been the best Arc in the whole manga for me.

Quote:
First the ridiculous power up Naruto got in a few days.
Its not a ridiculous power up, for if it was, Naruto would not need all that prep time/intell the Village of Konoha and the J-man gathered on Pain, to stand a chance.

Quote:
Kishimoto made look all konoha ninjas useless.
In the face of Pain, they are, when it comes to power, but in the end they still proved to be useful.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-26 at 13:05.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 13:01   Link #208
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
In the face of Pain, they are, when it comes to power, but in the end they still proved to be useful.
Yes, that's right. Pain was the guy who defeated Jiraiya, the probably strongest Sannin and definitely a person stronger than everyone in Konoha. We already know that Konoha has been weakened by lots of incidents. The strongest and most talented ones died or left Konoha (Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Minato).

That of course means that others had no role models as measuring sticks and did not train enough. We've seen how much of a motivation Sasuke was for Naruto or Itachi was for Sasuke. People need those ideals to keep improving. It's hard to compete with oneself and it's much easier to be pleased with oneself when there's no one better.

In addition, there was no pressure on Konoha because it was still so powerful until the 3rd died and so on. Compared with Pain, the Konoha nins were just lowlevel trash. We've seen the best Jounin struggle with Itachi and Kisame and both Itachi and Kisame aren't as fearsome as Pain and both are unbelievably strong.

Training nearly 24/7 with an even stronger motivation than just getting stronger than Sasuke, the motivation to avenge his master and godfather Jiraiya with his own hands, Naruto grew strong by a trade-off, yet had to sacrifice a lot and lost the battle. Only a fierce engage, releasing unseen powers made him free again.

Jiraiya had a hard time to survive four tales, this time, Naruto released all nine tails to get escape Pain's jutsu. With a lot of gathered background knowledge, he managed to finally kill the last body and face Nagato himself and he had a hard time reasoning him.

Can't see anything disappointing about required progress.
Old 2009-05-26, 15:43   Link #209
naruske

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Yes, that's right. Pain was the guy who defeated Jiraiya, the probably strongest Sannin and definitely a person stronger than everyone in Konoha. We already know that Konoha has been weakened by lots of incidents. The strongest and most talented ones died or left Konoha (Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Minato).

That of course means that others had no role models as measuring sticks and did not train enough. We've seen how much of a motivation Sasuke was for Naruto or Itachi was for Sasuke. People need those ideals to keep improving. It's hard to compete with oneself and it's much easier to be pleased with oneself when there's no one better.

In addition, there was no pressure on Konoha because it was still so powerful until the 3rd died and so on. Compared with Pain, the Konoha nins were just lowlevel trash. We've seen the best Jounin struggle with Itachi and Kisame and both Itachi and Kisame aren't as fearsome as Pain and both are unbelievably strong.

Training nearly 24/7 with an even stronger motivation than just getting stronger than Sasuke, the motivation to avenge his master and godfather Jiraiya with his own hands, Naruto grew strong by a trade-off, yet had to sacrifice a lot and lost the battle. Only a fierce engage, releasing unseen powers made him free again.

Jiraiya had a hard time to survive four tales, this time, Naruto released all nine tails to get escape Pain's jutsu. With a lot of gathered background knowledge, he managed to finally kill the last body and face Nagato himself and he had a hard time reasoning him.

Can't see anything disappointing about required progress.
8 tails not 9...minato stopped him
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 15:49   Link #210
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
8 tails not 9...minato stopped him
I remember Yamato's hand showing 9 tails. Yamato stopped Naruto from breaking the seal. Naruto pulling off the seal would have made Naruto fuse with Kyuubi, I guess or at least Kyuubi wouldn't have been repressed anymore. I can't prove it. I know the text pointed out eight tales, but Yamato's hand showed a 9. In the end, even 8 tales are twice compared to 4 – I guess you agree.

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2009-05-28 at 08:56.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 17:33   Link #211
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
^^Jiraiya that plagiarist... Going around stealing little kids ideas and writing books... I wonder if Nagato can claim the royalties made from the legend of the gutsy ninja... all 3 copies worth!
And that's another tragedy for Nagato: the story based on his ideas didn't sell good, it was a commercial failure. That's why Jiraiya switched to the romantic and sex stories that Kakashi is always reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Also things such as Naruto x Hinata future and the rebuilding of Konoha are more interesting to me so far then Nagato's future or Danzou's.
But Danzou's future is Konoha's future, and thus Naruto's. If Danzou does not give up on his silly idea to become hokage then things will get even more troublesome for Konoha. And since currently there's too much win for Naruto i think Kishi will soon create more trouble for him so that the story can go on. Trouble can be either Danzou or Sasuke. I wonder if Madara likes so much his Sasuke that he decides to introduce himself by fighting Konoha if Sasuke's life is endangered by Konoha ninja. I think Madara wants that Sasuke rebuilds the Uchiha clan as it was before the alliance with the senju, that is a ruthless EMS-oriented clan with brothers killing each other, that would be of Madara's taste

And since it would be too early for a Madara+Sasuke vs Naruto+Konoha i think the next trouble for Naruto will be Danzou.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 23:20   Link #212
Morphos

I agree with you. In fact there is a very climatic situation expecting for Naruto in case he returns to Konoha after his meeting with Nagato (because we don't know what he is up to with the hand seals) as a result of his final decision. This is a rather interesting scenario for Kishi to use it, as a tool to get the plot more blurry and interesting IMO. Hipotetically, there are going to be a lot of people that will turn Naruto back, . And we can assure, if that happens, its going to be the older generations, high Ops and those influenced for Danzou, the ones that will be neglecting and force him to leave, mark him as a traitor or push him to make painful decisions about his current goals and friends (wich surely will support him, no matter what). Obviously the only one that interferes in Danzou's goals right now is Naruto, and therefore he shall make whatever is necessary to get rid of him.

And we can add the future agenda of Sasuke to the equation. Because someday he will go to Konoha to kill the elders, and I cannot see that situation happening with Naruto being in Konoha at all. At least, it would suggest a clash between them, and IMO is going to be too early in the history for that. Perhaps before going to Konoha, Madara tells Sasuke about his failure retrieving the Hachibi and sends him to capture it again (wich I wouldn't like) or he decides to do it by himself..Wich could be finally the debut of Palpatine-Madara at least

Last edited by Morphos; 2009-05-26 at 23:21. Reason: Bad Quote
Morphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 19:05   Link #213
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphos View Post
Danzou's goals right now is Naruto, and therefore he shall make whatever is necessary to get rid of him.
there's no way Danzou is going to get rid of Naruto.

However, I would like to see the expression on Sasuke face when Madara tell him, he fail at capturing the hachibi. it will be funny.

Yeah, Sasuke and Naruto are going to clash. Sasuke going to explain to tell him why he has to destory konoha and kill the elders. Naruto going to burst out and say "so what! (or you're lying how can you believe a person who used other people, the Third Hokage would never do something like that... blah blah) My father sealed this beast inside of me. Sasuke!" Sasuke will look like someone just punched him in the stomach when the realization of the fourth hokage is his father.
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote