AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 13:50   Link #21
Caster13
=^_^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Well, right now Rightstuf has a special "exclusive" deal with Bandai. That's only a temporary thing, though, and eventually it'll be retailed to all dealers.
Gwargh!

I see this post after I caved into the pressure and decided to bite the bullet and order from RightStuf.
Old 2009-08-06, 10:00   Link #22
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Talking about monopoly... Anyways, I already ordered Kannagi Vol 1 and preordered the 2nd volume... The good thing is that shipping was free, but it's expensive than the other anime DVDs I bought so far.
Old 2009-08-06, 11:38   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Are you comparing it to 4 episode DVDs? It has seven episodes per disk. Actually that is my only lament -- 7 episodes means the resolution probably took a hit in the encode.
Japanese R2 DVDs are typically 2 eps per disk and the usual R1 disk is 4 eps.
Old 2009-08-06, 14:00   Link #24
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Are you comparing it to 4 episode DVDs? It has seven episodes per disk. Actually that is my only lament -- 7 episodes means the resolution probably took a hit in the encode.
Japanese R2 DVDs are typically 2 eps per disk and the usual R1 disk is 4 eps.
No, I'm comparing it to the boxsets I own, since it's comparable. The most likely use dual-layer discs, unless they managed to fit all 7 episodes on a 4.7 GB disc which is not that possible.
Old 2009-08-06, 23:52   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lemme get to my computer and the Kannagi disk and do an analysis -- you've piqued my curiosity Will get back with it in the morning...
Old 2009-08-07, 01:03   Link #26
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I ordered it already and it's being shipped, but I am planning to legally rip the DVD (for backup purposes under fair use of course), so I can automatically tell by the file size of the DVD once I get it on my birthday.

Okay, I received the disk in the mail today, and the DVD is Dual Layer, obviously. Since there is no dub track, is probably possible to fit all 7 episodes unlike the other boxsets I own that have a dub/sub and only can hold 6 episodes.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-08-10 at 13:08.
Old 2009-10-31, 20:42   Link #27
Arina-desu
Alena-chan :)

Even if it isn't a real dub yet, it's still pretty good news ^_^
Old 2009-10-31, 22:29   Link #28
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I ordered it already and it's being shipped, but I am planning to legally rip the DVD (for backup purposes under fair use of course), so I can automatically tell by the file size of the DVD once I get it on my birthday.
I don't want to get too off-topic, but do you recommend any software for this? I've been wanting to back up my anime DVD's for quite a while as disc image files. Especially with my more previous discs, I'd hate to have one of my Diebuster R1's get scratched and suddenly be out $40 :_: Especially if I start getting R2's or RA Blu-ray's, that'd be a horrible thing to lose a disc without a backup.
Closed Thread