AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-08, 00:19   Link #2061
PeterI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumblefish View Post
Ouch. That unfortunately makes way too much sense. Thank you for bringing me back down to the harsh reality of this world. Follow the money, as they say...
I don't see anything wrong with a company wanting to promote girls' baseball, sponsoring a show, and having the show nicely rewritten to give a greater emphasis to girls' baseball.

If you haven't watched it live on Keyhole TV or something, you may have missed the first commercial shown every episode. (Well it was on the very first episode and the twenty or so others I caught live, so probably every episode.)

http://company.wakasa.jp/basic/cm.html

It's the second commercial (first one on the right hand side) shown on the company website. I think it is great fun. Aoba visits a live-action school to do pitching practice with the girls' baseball team.

Last edited by PeterI; 2009-12-08 at 00:29. Reason: fix apostrophes
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:42   Link #2062
xKeen

Oh my,just watched episode 36 and daww
Spoiler for :
Watching Aoba pitching never bores me,shes great!

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:37   Link #2063
iamthewalrus

im a manga reader who hasn't watched an episode since 20 I believe. Hows the anime been since then? Has it been up to par?
iamthewalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:39   Link #2064
AbSoLuTeMiKe
Oishi desu yo!

lol they had to put in such a dramatic scene there at the end :/?

Meh, it will probably in some way inspire Kou. But Mehhhh
AbSoLuTeMiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 15:34   Link #2065
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
im a manga reader who hasn't watched an episode since 20 I believe. Hows the anime been since then? Has it been up to par?
Although I've only been watching the anime, I believe Rumble-fish stated earlier that the anime could possibly be slightly better (arguable of course solely because some feel that the anime is spoon-feeding too much but that's a matter of opinion.) Even so, I feel that the anime is well worth watching all on it's own so don't hesitate to continue. One of the most faithful adaptations I've seen to this day.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 17:06   Link #2066
PeterI

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
The anime has been amazingly good. There is some "filler" concentrating on girls' baseball, and the filler is also good.
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 17:20   Link #2067
iamthewalrus

thanks for the replies. I was mostly curious if the fillers have still been consistently good (i thought the first few filler eps were nicely done). I'm glad the anime is still going strong. Now that my finals are done i'll try to catch up now.
iamthewalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 18:42   Link #2068
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterI View Post
I don't see anything wrong with a company wanting to promote girls' baseball, sponsoring a show, and having the show nicely rewritten to give a greater emphasis to girls' baseball.
Yeah, emphasis on the "nicely." It's clear that the "filler" about girls' baseball is written by people who really get Cross Game and Aoba.

I'm usually not a fan of corporate mucking-about in TV storylines. But if you're going to do it, get it right. Wakasa Seikatsu and SynergySP are getting it right.

Quote:
It's the second commercial (first one on the right hand side) shown on the company website. I think it is great fun. Aoba visits a live-action school to do pitching practice with the girls' baseball team.
Thanks for that. I've also seen the short segments dealing with individual female ballplayers at the ends of some broadcasts, which also target those viewers Wakasa is trying to reach (young girls).

It's a shame that females will be allowed to play neither baseball nor softball in the 2012 Olympics.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 18:54   Link #2069
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
It's a shame that females will be allowed to play neither baseball nor softball in the 2012 Olympics.
It's not that women aren't allowed to play, men aren't going to be playing either. The Olympics Committee removed both sports from the Olympics entirely.
Old 2009-12-08, 19:52   Link #2070
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Yeah, emphasis on the "nicely." It's clear that the "filler" about girls' baseball is written by people who really get Cross Game and Aoba.
at the risk of spoiling something though the episode is filler, it is mentioned in the manga. She does go to the first tryout for the national womens team, it is just never shown and only mentioned while Aoba and Azuma are talking in a later chapter
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 19:54   Link #2071
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
It's not that women aren't allowed to play, men aren't going to be playing either. The Olympics Committee removed both sports from the Olympics entirely.
True. But at least the men have the World Baseball Classic and World Baseball Cup, in addition to the top-level leagues in several countries. The Olympics was by far the highest-profile international competition for softballers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
She does go to the first tryout for the national womens team, it is just never shown and only mentioned while Aoba and Azuma are talking in a later chapter
Yes, but SynergySP has fleshed out that storyline with a nice eye for detail and attention to Aoba's character. I mean, anime-only storylines are often handled ineptly, so it's nice to see one that is done really well.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:02   Link #2072
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Nice eps there...

In the manga, Aoba only mention briefly about going to tryout for women's national. But here, they provide all the detail in the tryout...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:03   Link #2073
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 36:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 23:32   Link #2074
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 36:
Well in the preview it looks like Aoba got a cast on her leg which might be pretty injured if she has to stay in the hospital, I don't see her staying in the hospital for so long, probably 5 episodes max so there will be plenty of time for Aoba to be back. I also see there might be some Azuma and Aoba relation developing soon because Azuma wants Aoba to blame him but it looks like she didn't blame him.

Whats wrong with eating the outside clean of the tempura? I always do that, and eat the inside for later. Another thing is when Aoba got hit why is her back to the batter?
Old 2009-12-09, 07:18   Link #2075
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterI View Post
If you haven't watched it live on Keyhole TV or something, you may have missed the first commercial shown every episode. (Well it was on the very first episode and the twenty or so others I caught live, so probably every episode.)
Thanks, I had not seen that. I had never even thought of sponsor-meddling, so that alone is a sign they did a great job at respecting the original material (... and also a sign I am quite naive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 36:
True, it was a bit gratuitious. But at least, it got the audience some obstacle to root against untuitively, with a character they will probably never see again and had to immediately have a pre-conceived opinion on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Another thing is when Aoba got hit why is her back to the batter?
The shock of the hit probably caused her body to spin, especially as her upper body and waist were already moving as such from the velocity of the throw.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:57   Link #2076
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You know, all this anime-original episode about Women's Baseball makes me want an anime original second season where Aoba goes off to either try out for the national womens team again, or at the very least win a high school tourney of her own with another team (Midori's team comes to mind). And get even a scholarship for it.

I mean, once Wakaba's dreams have come true, its the perfect replacement for Aoba's motivation. After all, she still has one more year of high school left after Kou and Co. go to Koushien, so there's at least one cours worth of story there. Animators get to milk money, the sponsors get more exposure, and we get to have another season of Cross Game. Everyone is happy, no?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 15:48   Link #2077
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
You know, all this anime-original episode about Women's Baseball makes me want an anime original second season where Aoba goes off to either try out for the national womens team again, or at the very least win a high school tourney of her own with another team (Midori's team comes to mind). And get even a scholarship for it.

I mean, once Wakaba's dreams have come true, its the perfect replacement for Aoba's motivation. After all, she still has one more year of high school left after Kou and Co. go to Koushien, so there's at least one cours worth of story there. Animators get to milk money, the sponsors get more exposure, and we get to have another season of Cross Game. Everyone is happy, no?
On the other hand, that might be running the risk of sacrificing quality for quantity.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 00:05   Link #2078
xKeen

Cross Game should have its own subforum.Need more pics of Aoba!

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 01:04   Link #2079
poko-kun

Only 15 episode left....
At first I was glad that CG has 51 episodes ,but now... I think 51 may not enough.
Old 2009-12-10, 01:13   Link #2080
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
On the other hand, that might be running the risk of sacrificing quality for quantity.
I'm the type of guy who sees the glass half full rather than half empty. And considering how great of a job the animators are doing even the anime original parts, I really don't see why we should be so pessimistic of them screwing up an anime original season featuring Aoba with her turn to shine on the mound.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports