AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 00:40   Link #3161
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Kane = Lockon?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 01:35   Link #3162
Theo

Wait...wait I see what's going on here.

I'm going to give Quartz the benefit of the doubt that she's not (completely) stupid and has a few tricks. She reveals herself at the Council meeting and makes an offer to the pirates: riches beyond their wildest dreams and their lives in exchange for their ships and Letters of Marque. She points out how the Golden Age of Piracy has long passed and current pirates are little more than mostly actors trying to eke out a living.

She shows the footage from the Golden Cross attacks to intimidate them and shows production lines full of them. Quartz also mentions the Empire's attitudes towards pirates and says that no reinforcements will come if their fight goes horribly wrong. She knows not all of them will accept, but enough will go to her side to cause a rift and break the fledgling alliance. Quartz preys on the pirate's egos and exploits their love of money to gain an edge. She makes Marika look like a foolish little girl desperate to satisfy her own ego and power hungry whims.

And then Marika speaks.

She says it's not about money or power or glory: it's about freedom. The freedom to be in space and wander the stars. Marika asks whether it's worth it to be rich forever but never feel the joys of traveling the stars with their own crew or never going on adventures ever again. She appeals to their sense of adventure and wanderlust, saying pirates have survived a century due to their love of space. Sure, they could've gotten well paying jobs on a planet and be done with it, but they instead chose to continue their parent's livelihoods. She easily dismisses the Grand Cross, smoothly outlining its weaknesses and ways to counter it, saying if they could destroy one, they could destroy them all. Quartz points out that no pirate could stand against the Empire, but Marika counters by reminding Quartz that she herself said that the Empire would ignore them. Besides, they (might) have the Parabellum on their side, one of the most powerful pirate ships affiliated with the Empire. Quartz concedes and reiterates her offer before retreating. Marika asks the remaining pirates whether Quartz could offer food as good as the Chef. Everyone laughs.

If only.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 04:50   Link #3163
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
You know I had been feeling something was off with Luca because she had more lines in the past 5 episodes than in the 15+ episodes beforehand.

I'm personally really enjoying this arc even if it is different from what we've seen before,the question is how the ending will go,are we going to get an ending that manages to not be too far off course from the novels so a potential S2 can adapt the later novels without the staff saying "you know that last arc of S1,pretend it never happened"
Old 2012-06-17, 09:19   Link #3164
arkxkra
全力全開

shocked, Coorie? she is hot!!!

btw, for the Luca, it's too sudden, no hint at all, but most probably during quarantine. and Kane, twin? from the Ironbeard spy?
Old 2012-06-17, 09:31   Link #3165
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Gosh, guys and your four pages of posts in a day!

Good strategy by Captain Marika, do the last thing the enemy would expect. Drive right toward them.

Which voice is the REAL Coorie voice?

Oh Dark Queen Chiaki, everyone knows how you feel about Marika, even your own father. When will you realize it yourself?

Spoiler for Shocked:

Endless "Was it fun?" Soul
Old 2012-06-17, 10:32   Link #3166
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Chiaki's reaction to her dad saying how she admires Marika was priceless. Her entire facade was blown to pieces right there and then.

And we don't have one, not two, but three people who don't seem to be who they appear to be. One was an android spy (what happened to the original Luca?), one turned out to be a lot hotter than she usually is (maybe Coorie doesn't like having tons of guys treating her like some sort of princess, solely because of her good looks? And how the hell can she keep up a figure like that by eating nothing but snacks?), and one seems to have a twin brother (though we don't know if the other 'Kane' is real, or also an android. Or even if they work for the good guys or the bad guys).

It was expected that Marika would survive the Grand Cross' assault, now I wonder what upgrades she has in store for the Bentenmaru. She's certainly a force to reckon with as a pirate captain, that's for sure.

And Ririka is traveling with Ironbeard. Looks like she's withholding some crucial information to her daughter (though probably with good intentions in mind).
Old 2012-06-17, 10:45   Link #3167
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Unlike many, I like these new anime original episodes. Yacht race was eh, but this arc actually has pirates being... y'know... pirates. Quartz also voiced my opinion on the while pirates ordeal in this reach of space quite accurately, so two extra points for that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 11:09   Link #3168
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i bet Kenjou mistook Marika for a man for what happend to his daughter he needs his freaking eyes getting checked
Or Kenjou ships everyone regardless of sex or gender

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 14:57   Link #3169
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Spoiler for Shocked:
Caption:

Spoiler:

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 15:58   Link #3170
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Which voice is the REAL Coorie voice?

Oh Dark Queen Chiaki, everyone knows how you feel about Marika, even your own father. When will you realize it yourself?

Spoiler for Shocked:
I think his true voice is when she is in "Geek" but for the fact it has adopted a more sensual voice but it has ruined it when she re-talk to his true voice

You have reason her father teases her about her then says it all.

And I re-told the father Chiaki .............. GOOD JOB

His reaction will be remembered of Yuri !!

kruger110 My blog special Moretsu Pirate
Old 2012-06-18, 03:07   Link #3171
Merkarion

Chiakis rections are all cute^^

Is there a translation of the Light Novels?
(i looked at Baka Tsuki but there was nothing)

btw did anybody know the Title from that song before the Ending of EP 21?
Merkarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 03:39   Link #3172
FateAnomaly

Never act out of character as a Bentenmaru crew or you get shot by them...

I was a bit surprised that no one expressed any concern about the safety of the real Luca after the revelation of the cyborg imposter. Did they not like her that much?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 03:54   Link #3173
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A pirate's life is not always kind.
Old 2012-06-18, 15:19   Link #3174
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Coorie!!!!!!!!!!!! Sexy *O*

Spoiler for Corries:
Old 2012-06-18, 20:10   Link #3175
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Despite not liking it, girl knows how to flaunt it.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:32   Link #3176
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Never act out of character as a Bentenmaru crew or you get shot by them...

I was a bit surprised that no one expressed any concern about the safety of the real Luca after the revelation of the cyborg imposter. Did they not like her that much?
Misa was probably too focused on sorting out the whole Kane dilemma to start worrying about the real Luca.

Luca is probably locked in a castle somewhere, and the big reveal will be that her identical twin is actually Quarts Chrisite. Come on, its so obvious. Luca likes scrying spheres, those are made out of quartz crystals. Sister's name is Quartz Christie. Too easy. There's also a spare Schnitzer stowed under Marika's chair, San-Daime is actually a hamster herder, and Alpha and Beta reactors are giant hamster wheels.

You heard it here first folks.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 21:35   Link #3177
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And I thot my declarations were oddball.
Old 2012-06-18, 22:01   Link #3178
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Luca is probably locked in a castle somewhere, and the big reveal will be that her identical twin is actually Quarts Chrisite.
I rather think Quartz IS Luca brainwashed to exterminate pirates using the experimental ship.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 22:56   Link #3179
gaiar31

Nendoroid - Marika Katoh(Preorder)

2,850 Yen

Item Code FIG-MOE-6040

Release Date Oct-2012

By Good Smile Company
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:06   Link #3180
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Now all that is needed is different legs/skirt, and a different head/hair and we have Chaiki playing Marika.

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri