AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 03:59   Link #10961
CrazyPerson

Baka Nienami is really enjoyable. I feel like her ranking is going to go up. Also, Kumagawa really cares about Ajimu's memory, or else he wouldn't have used his screws. That's a nice touch.

Nisio's going meta with Medaka's description of Iihiko. How skills wouldn't work against him because they follow within the rules of the drawn universe and Iihiko essentially warps the fabric of reality itself. But communication is the a possible way to affect him because it transcends the piece of paper. Sort of like the "this is not a pipe" paradox where the drawing communicates the idea of an object but isn't the actual object itself.

But compared with the usual meta-ness of Nisio, this in-universe explanation of Iihiko's power seems... relatively tame and normal.

One more thing, anyone feel like Medaka's two dads look similar? The faces both have sort of similar angular lines, though the facial hair and hairstyles differ.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 03:59   Link #10962
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Clearly the doctor have good fetish of nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Nienami...
Really good chapter. It's more like the Medaka Box I remember.

I'm actually not getting that feeling at all.
well it does explaining some of loose plot thread. thought most of them are from last arc.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 06:50   Link #10963
Wolfenstein

Interesting chapter with only some minor annoyances and a hilarious Nienami(she's climbing up, I assume - rightly so).

I'm quite glad the quality didn't drastically decrease from the last chapter.
Old 2012-11-01, 07:28   Link #10964
17Sevens

No open-front hooded sweat shirt page? Trend-breaker.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 09:27   Link #10965
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Nienami stole this chapter!!!!!!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 10:07   Link #10966
Teorenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Sevens View Post
No open-front hooded sweat shirt page? Trend-breaker.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Hopefully that happens when they reveal the female characters rankings.
Curious about what Ajimu's ranking is as I expected her to have been high up there.
Teorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 10:13   Link #10967
novalysis

The plot threads are all coming together now, and what a beautiful tapestry they make!
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:45   Link #10968
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder, do you think the director have slept with those 2 suitors?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:08   Link #10969
Wolfenstein

Don't know If I was the only one who noticed this, but I might just say it anyway.

Spoiler:

Yeah, hmm, Zen? Remind me again why you're so head-over-heels for this gal.

It's like he's incapable of even noticing her horribleness(such as at the end of the JBW arc).
Old 2012-11-01, 12:18   Link #10970
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Don't know If I was the only one who noticed this, but I might just say it anyway.

Spoiler:

It's like he's incapable of even noticing her horribleness(such as at the end of the JBW arc).
They're childhood friends so he must be accustomed to her personality by now, don't you think? I doubt that was a real shocker to him.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:19   Link #10971
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:

Spoiler:

Seems to me like she's just keeping it real'
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:31   Link #10972
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
They're childhood friends so he must be accustomed to her personality by now, don't you think? I doubt that was a real shocker to him.
Here's the thing, though:

Spoiler:

Remember...this is the guy who literally build himself from the ground-up just for Medaka's sake. How can Medaka fail to notice such a fundamental character change to the point of calling Zenkichi a simple-minded kind of fellow? Isn't he the one who disproved her ideology with his own?

I mean, what's going on here?

Do you guys recall what happened at the end of the Treasure Hunting arc? That left Zen kind of pissed. Yet Medaka repeated basically the exact same words to him after the JB...and absolutely nothing happened?

Spoiler:

Eh? The hell? He's ok with the same response that left him mad the first time?

There's something seriously messed-up with this love story...
Old 2012-11-01, 12:45   Link #10973
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Eh? The hell? He's ok with the same response that left him mad the first time?

There's something seriously messed-up with this love story...
He also said that if he were to be reincarnated he would still love her. So that's just how much he loves her. So much that things like that just roll off his back.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:47   Link #10974
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
He also said that if he were to be reincarnated he would still love her. So that's just how much he loves her. So much that things like that just roll off his back.
I guess so.

Never did like completely unconditional love stories.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:01   Link #10975
Mura
Now or Never

I guess in Zen's case, if you've been around a person for that long then you don't need a reason to love that person. She did respond to his character change though when his ideology beat her in the election and thus resulting in that kiss.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:05   Link #10976
DawnEmperor

Quote:

Spoiler:

Lol, I think you're looking into it a bit too much. But at the same time, I noticed that too

But it's not much of a surprise. Zenkichi has a trend of being mistreated. Not that I like it much, but this is comparatively minor.

Honestly, they're both meant to be flawed characters, with a sense of status quo on them(as it is with many characters). Medaka may have learned to "understand people's hearts", but that doesn't automatically make her less callous it seems. The character development is a bit more subtle; before Zenkichi would've probably taken it to heart, but now he can laugh it off. Medaka doesn't really need to act overly violently. But both still retain certain key defining characteristics(stubborn determination, skepticism, sincerity)

Also, Zenkichi has the role as the audience surrogate, meaning he does have to get saddled with the role of asking questions we would potentially ask.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:10   Link #10977
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I guess in Zen's case, if you've been around a person for that long then you don't need a reason to love that person. She did respond to his character change though when his ideology beat her in the election and thus resulting in that kiss.
That's unconditional love for you, I guess.

I find that, personally, to be quite a shame though.

If Zenkichi's love weren't so unconditional and detached from the human condition, he'd probably be upgraded from my second favorite to my favorite character, over even Kumagawa.

That's really the one aspect of his character that I think drags down some of his greatness. I really wish his love had turned into something more human after chapter 140. Even so because Zenkichi's character is supposed to be the one closest to the human condition in this narrative. That's the whole point of Devil Style, a neutral(Zero) skill. Seems rather self-contradicting.

Though, if it had, he probably would've been doubting his feelings for Medaka after the JBWF, and would've never stated something like he did to Emukae.

~~~~

Exactly! That's just the thing! I thought that was great!

The problem is the manga afterwards, surprisingly enough, dosen't reflect 140's ending at all. I know me and a few others probably have already said this here, but that current quip in the chapter just serves to illustrate.

~~~~

Lol, forgive my ramblings. I kinda like going on off-topic tangents.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:20   Link #10978
DawnEmperor

Quote:

That's really the one aspect of his character that I think drags down some of his greatness. I really wish his love had turned into something more human after chapter 140. Even so because Zenkichi's character is supposed to be the one closest to the human condition in this narrative. That's the whole point of Devil Style, a neutral(Zero) skill. Seems rather self-contradicting.

Though, if it had, he probably would've been doubting his feelings for Medaka after the JBWF, and would've never stated something like he did to Emukae.
Don't worry, we all have some of those sentiments. But for you, what defines Zenkichi?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:22   Link #10979
Homura7

My hype after this chapter is above 9000.

I still remember when some people said we wouldn't be seeing the suitors again. O-ho.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:23   Link #10980
Mura
Now or Never

Quote:
That's unconditional love for you, I guess.

I find that, personally, to be quite a shame though.

If Zenkichi's love weren't so unconditional and detached from the human condition, he'd probably be upgraded from my second favorite to my favorite character, over even Kumagawa.

~~~~

Exactly! That's just the thing! I thought that was great!

The problem is the manga afterwards, surprisingly enough, dosen't reflect 140's ending at all. I know me and a few others probably have already said this here, but that current quip in the chapter just serves to illustrate.

~~~~

Lol, forgive my ramblings. I kinda like going on off-topic tangents.
Your rants are entertaining so there is no need to apologize.

Well just to tell you where I stand, I'm a Medaka supporter(perhaps the only one in the entire world.) and my favorite character.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council