AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 23:56   Link #41
Sleeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
^Now to guess who voices who.
Right, I'm going to take a wild guess that Christina Vee will be apart of the cast. She has shown an interest to SAO and tweeted about beginning voice-over work for a new anime next week on January 18th, 35 days before Aniplex USA announced a dub for SAO. Furthermore, they are screening it during Sakura-Con, only about a month away. I would assume they all ready have a cast ready and set now, right? There's also another tweet from her on January 9th about recording an "adorable" anime character.

Of course, this is all just interesting observation and speculation. So I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Sleeps; 2013-02-25 at 00:08. Reason: Fixed typo.
Sleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 00:01   Link #42
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So... Christina Vee as Silica? I can live with that.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:09   Link #43
sonicgx11

I really hope they can find somebody who can match Kirito's screams, those epic Link like screams lol.

I also showed my sister this series friday, she thought she wasn't gonna like it but I got her hooked on it, now we can't wait for the dubbed!
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 22:14   Link #44
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeps View Post
Right, I'm going to take a wild guess that Christina Vee will be apart of the cast. She has shown an interest to SAO and tweeted about beginning voice-over work for a new anime next week on January 18th, 35 days before Aniplex USA announced a dub for SAO. Furthermore, they are screening it during Sakura-Con, only about a month away. I would assume they all ready have a cast ready and set now, right? There's also another tweet from her on January 9th about recording an "adorable" anime character.

Of course, this is all just interesting observation and speculation. So I'd take it with a grain of salt.
It's not uncommon for voice actors to mention and reply to fans of anime shows or video games they are interested in taking part of. For example, I often get replies and retweets from Todd Haberkorn, Crispin Freeman, and D.C. Douglas whenever I mentioned it would be great if they voiced a champion in League of Legends. In addition, there also tweets by Kira Buckland (a.k.a. Rina-chan) and Danielle McRae (who hasn't gotten an anime role yet despite appearing in anime conventions) whom they also taken interest on getting a role in Sword Art Online. Also the January 9th tweet where you mentioned that Cristina Vee would be voicing an "adorable" anime character would most likely be her role in Fate/Zero as Sakura (who happens to be "adorable" in some aspects), but I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a role in Sword Art Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So... Christina Vee as Silica? I can live with that.
In my opinion, I think Sandy Fox would be a better choice for Silica instead (and for good reasons). If Cristina Vee were to voice a character in Sword Art Online, I'd say Asuna because she's capable of capturing both Asuna's kind and aggressive of the tsundere personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgx11 View Post
I really hope they can find somebody who can match Kirito's screams, those epic Link like screams lol.

I also showed my sister this series friday, she thought she wasn't gonna like it but I got her hooked on it, now we can't wait for the dubbed!
Either Todd Haberkorn or Bryce Papenbrook (although I'm leaning more to the former).
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 23:57   Link #45
Sleeps

Ah.. I see, sou ka.. I never knew about that. I only follow about 5 VA's. So I never knew they would tweet things like that. Yeah, both tweets I mentioned can be anything really. Fate/Zero, SAO, heck maybe even Accel World, which was announced to be streamed on Neon Alley soon. Sandy Fox would be a good choice for Silica from watching your video, I can definitely see this fitting. I also have a feeling that Christina Vee will audition for Yuuki Asuna, not that I'm against it or anything. I mean, who doesn't want a lead role? Anyway, whatever happens I hope this project turns out good. I think this is the first time I watched something subbed, and it gets dubbed sooner or later. Might take time to get used to the English voices. I hope I am not disappointed.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:15   Link #46
SC95

For all of the sao fans:

Aniplex of America confirmed during its live streaming panel on Friday that its release of the Sword Art Online television anime series will include an English dub.

Aniplex will hold an exclusive screening of the dub at Seattle’s Sakura-Con convention in March, followed by a question-and-answer session with Sword Art Online light novel series creator Reki Kawahara. The anime’s theme song performers Eir Aoi (Fate/Zero, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE) and Luna Haruna (Fate/Zero) will also appear at the event.

The company announced that it will screen the Fate/Zero television anime series’ English dub at Sakura-Con on March 29, before it airs on Viz Media’s Neon Alley streaming service this spring.
SC95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 15:31   Link #47
judasmartel
*Author

Now that Accel World is going to be dubbed by newbie VA's, maybe SAO will do the same. Maybe not, considering how popular it is. What do you think about this?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 19:48   Link #48
sky black swordman

^ Yeah, read about that not too long ago. I was hoping that they would've at least casted some well known Eng VA's for the main characters in Accel World.

Anyway back on topic, given the popularity of the series they need to have well known and respected VA's for the main characters. Having newbie VA's do the voices for Kirito and Asuna could end up being bad move for them.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-26 at 03:48.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 23:35   Link #49
judasmartel
*Author

^ Yeah, I remember all the rage when a newbie VA voiced Accelerator in the English Dub of TAMNI. People (me included) were all like, "Y U NO GET JYB?"
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:28   Link #50
Sleeps

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nline-dub-cast

Bryce Papenbrook - Kirigaya Kazuto
Cherami Leigh - Yuuki Asuna

Bryce was definitely my top guess, since he would be attending the convention, and after hearing his voice as Rin Okumura in Blue Exorcist, thought he'll make a decent Kirito.

Last edited by Sleeps; 2013-03-30 at 19:02. Reason: Fixed his name.
Old 2013-03-30, 18:50   Link #51
DarkJak2050

Finding Cherami Leigh as Asuna was odd at first since she normally does work for Funimation and Funimation's in Texas. While Aniplex USA and Bang Zoom Entertainment are in the LA area.

But it actually turns out that Cherami Leigh moved to the LA area recently.

So is she done working with Funimation?

And as for Bryce doing Kirito and Cherami doing Asuna, I don't know how the dub will do.

Cherami's a good voice actress, I heard some of her roles in Funimation's anime titles.

- Ayano Kannagi (Kaze no Stigma)
- Chiffon Fairchild (Freezing, under the alias Ceelee Rose)
- Patty (Soul Eater)
- Tamaki Kawazoe (Bamboo Blade)

And of course...
- Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail)
- Shana (Shakugan no Shana Second, Final, OVA and Film)

As for Bryce, I don't know...

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-03-30 at 19:01.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 19:44   Link #52
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Finding Cherami Leigh as Asuna was odd at first since she normally does work for Funimation and Funimation's in Texas. While Aniplex USA and Bang Zoom Entertainment are in the LA area.

But it actually turns out that Cherami Leigh moved to the LA area recently.

So is she done working with Funimation?

And as for Bryce doing Kirito and Cherami doing Asuna, I don't know how the dub will do.

Cherami's a good voice actress, I heard some of her roles in Funimation's anime titles.

- Ayano Kannagi (Kaze no Stigma)
- Chiffon Fairchild (Freezing, under the alias Ceelee Rose)
- Patty (Soul Eater)
- Tamaki Kawazoe (Bamboo Blade)

And of course...
- Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail)
- Shana (Shakugan no Shana Second, Final, OVA and Film)

Well, Cherami Leigh is still working with Funimation due to Shana and Fairy Tail, I think.

Bryce is in Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan and Blue Exorcist.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:16   Link #53
Sleeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
http://www.brycepapenbrook.com/demo/...Voice_Demo.mp3

That's his voice acting demo. Though don't judge on that one clip just yet! He's pretty good and talented. As for Cherami Leigh, I've only heard her as Miharu Takeshita in B Gata G Kei and Eucliwood Hellscythe in Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, though unfortunately she only had a few lines in episode eleven. Well, hopefully this project turns out well. Sayounara~
Old 2013-03-31, 10:56   Link #54
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well give yet to seen series as for leads reveal give cherami in a california dub anime lead?

well give cherami got long list of well known from Funi dub anime from b gata, bamboo blade, dragonaut, Freezing, fairy tail, kaze no stigma, is this a zombie, negima series, panty & stocking, my bride is a mermaid, strike witches, shiki, shakugan no shana Funi dub, shuffle, xxxholic, soul eater, etc yet she only 24-25 years old.

while bryce give his parents are voice actors as well sorta a 2nd gen of voice actor & also trained in Chuck Norris version Tang Soo Do karate & anime dubs did from ah my buddha, Ao no Exorcist, Durarara!!, eiken, green green, & etc.

yea wonder rest of cast will be?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 16:13   Link #55
Sleeps

Official Sword Art Online English Dub Episode 2.

Old 2013-03-31, 16:48   Link #56
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:

It is just my opinion, but Dubs don't stand a chance against Subs in this episode.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 00:18   Link #57
-ThEoNe-

If that sample is legit (haven't heard a dub from the guy playing Kirito, but that certainly sounded like Cherami playing Asuna) then I would have to say that I am satisfied. This is way better then some of the dubs i have been looking at recently and would definitely be interested in putting this on my must buy dub list.
-ThEoNe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 04:03   Link #58
DarkJak2050

Quote:

I'm not really going to judge the dub yet, mainly because of the audio.

Although, I think Patrick Seitz is a good fit with Agil. At least I think that's Patrick Seitz doing Agil.

I think it's him because I recognize his voice as Simon from Durarara!!

Unfortunately, the poster of that video didn't get Ep. 1's audio like he did with Ep. 2. And also the fact that only the first 2 episodes were shown at Sakura-con, from what I heard. Now I'm left wondering on who did Klein's English Voice.

So with that, Main character and Episode Shown wise we have:

Kirito: Bryce Papenbrook
Asuna: Cherami Leigh
Agil: Patrick Seitz(?)
Klein: Unknown
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 17:46   Link #59
Sleeps

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...trailer-posted

Cassandra Lee - Leafa
Christine Marie Cabanos - Silica
Sarah Williams - Lisbeth
Patrick Seitz - Agil

At this time though, I can't get the trailer to play. Aniplex is known to have problems with their YouTube uploads.

Cassandra Lee as... Leafa? Okay.. I'm not too sure about this. She'll have to 'wow' me to gain approval, but for now, I dunno.. makes me wonder if she'll also be playing Suguha? I guess you could assume. Makes me feel very skeptical.

Christine Marie Cabanos as Silica. Okay, not a bad choice. I actually thought about her playing this role, although I would have to agree just as someone else mentioned here in this thread, Sandy Fox would probably have been a better choice. But, Christine does have potential, and I hope she does good. She'll probably make her voice sound identical to Nakano Azusa, or hopefully make it sound much lighter. Check her demo reel for more.

Sarah Williams as Lisbeth. I don't think that's a bad choice either. I can definitely see this fit.

Patrick Seitz as Agil, yeah, the guesses were correct. This guy does a great job as Agil.
Old 2013-04-16, 14:43   Link #60
Dark Paladin X

Quote:

Christine Marie Cabanos as Silica. Okay, not a bad choice. I actually thought about her playing this role, although I would have to agree just as someone else mentioned here in this thread, Sandy Fox would probably have been a better choice. But, Christine does have potential, and I hope she does good. She'll probably make her voice sound identical to Nakano Azusa, or hopefully make it sound much lighter. Check her demo reel for more.
Yeah, and in a similar note, before the Squid Girl dub was actually announced, I actually thought Sandy Fox would voice the title character. But it was Christine Marie Cabanos instead. I personally bought the DVDs and watched some of the episodes. Regardless, Christine's voice acting kinda reminds me of Sandy Fox one way or another. They both have very high pitch voice that are great with loli characters. I agree with you here, Christine as Silica isn't a bad choice either.

I'll be fine with her voicing Rin Natsume in the Little Busters! dub if Sentai Filmworks is interested.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote